Graphics king running online at 4k all the time....

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by PAL360 (26657 posts) -

@True_Gamer_ said:

@PAL360 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

Gameplay video or it didnt happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaYNzn8PTl8

Not bad for a game with 2k players online :P

Those textures....And LOL AT 2k players what a joke... Try 6k and then we start talking.

Plus that video looked 10000 times worst than those stylized BullShots....How odd...

There are probably better vids, i posted the first i found. It looks pretty good for a game of that scale!

And LOL at considering 2000 players per map a joke.

#52 Edited by blangenakker (2187 posts) -

Nope.

#53 Edited by getyeryayasout (7082 posts) -

It could run at 100,000p resolution and wouldn't matter. That looks stinky and unfun.

#54 Posted by musicalmac (22851 posts) -

I've been playing games at 1440P for quite some time now. It doesn't have to be 4k if it's already 1440p on a 27" screen. Looks pretty amazing.

#55 Posted by GarGx1 (2431 posts) -

What part of a game needing Windows is killing PC gaming

Look at platform

As Wasdie says 4k res doesn't make a graphics king and I seriously doubt a game running on Unreal Engine 3 is going to claim that title now.

#56 Posted by Kjranu (885 posts) -

MMOs are a waste of money. Plus the game doesn't look all that great, despite it being in 4K. I think I'll wait a few more years. It's not like 4K will become the standard this gen but in five to seven years and PS5? Sure...

#57 Posted by musicalmac (22851 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

MMOs are a waste of money. Plus the game doesn't look all that great, despite it being in 4K. I think I'll wait a few more years. It's not like 4K will become the standard this gen but in five to seven years and PS5? Sure...

4K standard on the PS5? That first assumes Sony will make one (their financials are.... really terrible), and that the next gen will finally manage 1080p. So far we've been disappointed.

#58 Posted by True_Gamer_ (5985 posts) -

@True_Gamer_ said:

Overused glare sun...check

LoL at that plastic joke of a hair....check

Non suitable r3tarded targeting system for an mmo....check

Low res textures and general ugliness....check

Try harder

Not sure what video you looked at when you posted up but...

1. Video clip 2 that you posted up at 00.35 Left hand side wall = Low resolution textures
  2. Video clip 2 that you posted up at 00.45 female characters hair = Shiny plastic looking hair

Resolution doesn't make a game look better.

Your logic = Average looking game + High resolution = Graphics king?... That must mean that Resident Evil 4 HD on the PS3 looks better than GTA5 on the PS3.

Its CLOSED BETA. Plus its on Unreal 3 engine. So it can scale and run on very weak hardware.

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/1402-the-world-of-bless-online-trailers

See these videos and come back....

#59 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7105 posts) -

It's far from being graphics king, but it looks nice nonetheless.

#60 Edited by glez13 (8593 posts) -

So basically this is the "Breath of Fire IV PC has better graphics than Uncharted 2" argument once again.

#61 Posted by nini200 (9489 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

wtf is the point in this anyway? 4k? so? high resolution game with mediocre graphics.....

Again Black Desert looks better than this:

Try harder

it does look ok but the game is waaaayyyyyy too slow paced for me. Their running speed should be the walking speed. They walk like snails. I like Bless much better and I think Bless looks better too.

#62 Edited by Jag85 (4354 posts) -
@True_Gamer_ said:

Cryengine 3 Arche age is on open beta in russia http://my.mmosite.com/2939211/blog/item/archeageru_account_registration_guide_english_patch_by_rokwood.html with english patch you can try.

It will be free to play and most important you dont have to pay a dime to enjoy pvp (pve edge gaining is moot) so no pay to win in any way.

However you cannot imagine that Bless Online runs on heavily modified Unreal 3 engine....Which is AGES more optimised than Crytek's crap.

Are you seriously suggesting Unreal Engine 3 is better than CryEngine 3?

@True_Gamer_ said:
@Jag85 said:
@True_Gamer_ said:

Try harder

I beg to differ, but Black Desert looks way more graphically impressive than Bless Online.

Unreal engine will walk all over that stylized (art style coming into a technical graphics discussion how cute) crap thats BD....Plus the pathetic targeting system will not save it from failing hard instead it will help it fail exactly how it helped TERA fail.

The mass of MMO players are adamant for the targeting system. Thats why TERA failed both in Korea and in West.

Nope. Black Desert looks graphically superior to Bless Online in almost every way, from the more detailed textures and realistic character models to the superior lighting and shading effects.

And for the record, TERA also uses Unreal Engine 3. Since you think so highly of UE3 (even though it's pretty outdated now), why aren't you bragging about TERA's UE3 engine?

#63 Posted by True_Gamer_ (5985 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@True_Gamer_ said:

Cryengine 3 Arche age is on open beta in russia http://my.mmosite.com/2939211/blog/item/archeageru_account_registration_guide_english_patch_by_rokwood.html with english patch you can try.

It will be free to play and most important you dont have to pay a dime to enjoy pvp (pve edge gaining is moot) so no pay to win in any way.

However you cannot imagine that Bless Online runs on heavily modified Unreal 3 engine....Which is AGES more optimised than Crytek's crap.

Are you seriously suggesting Unreal Engine 3 is better than CryEngine 3?

@True_Gamer_ said:
@Jag85 said:
@True_Gamer_ said:

Try harder

I beg to differ, but Black Desert looks way more graphically impressive than Bless Online.

Unreal engine will walk all over that stylized (art style coming into a technical graphics discussion how cute) crap thats BD....Plus the pathetic targeting system will not save it from failing hard instead it will help it fail exactly how it helped TERA fail.

The mass of MMO players are adamant for the targeting system. Thats why TERA failed both in Korea and in West.

Nope. Black Desert looks graphically superior to Bless Online in almost every way, from the more detailed textures and realistic character models to the superior lighting and shading effects.

And for the record, TERA also uses Unreal Engine 3. Since you think so highly of UE3 (even though it's pretty outdated now), why aren't you bragging about TERA's UE3 engine?

UNREAL 3 runs better on 430GT crap GPU than Cryengine on 650GTX Ti Boost.

Also lol about that joke of a hair cloned characters. oversaturated sun that tries to hide Guild Wars graphics.

#64 Posted by Jag85 (4354 posts) -

True_Gamer... you are just trolling, right?

#65 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

PC gamers and there terrible MMOs and F2P games are just sad.

If someone cam combine PC power, with a MS based OS, and allow for Sony, MS, and Nintendo games on it, at a midway price point say 600-700 dollars, it would be golden

WTF is wrong with aaa/aa scoring mmo and f2p as opposed to a aaa/aa scoring 5 hour movie-game?

I don't understand why half the anti-PC posts at this site are discrediting those genres which are harder to play and hold more players and now better gfx than anything on Console..

#66 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Ewww, Korean MMO grindfest

I played ArcheAge beta and max level in 11 days....

No korean MMO is a gridfest anymore.

But me saying anything is pointless as youre clueless about latest korean MMO development.

kind of becomes a problem. I mean if you max in 11 days the question becomes what to do next.

If you plan to play an MMO for a few years than the vast majority of your time is playing 'end game content' which begs the question of why have an 11 day tutorial in the first place.

#67 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

My issue on resoultionGate is this.

Yes its true we are at a point where resolution is far less important than aesthetics. However, discussing 1080p as a high standard is laughable. 1080p to be frank is low. Does that mean all games have to be 4k? no. but it does mean 1080p should be looked at as what it is...easy...not 'next gen'

#68 Posted by Vaasman (11197 posts) -

Huh, I wasn't aware the graphics king looked like a pile of doo doo butter.

#69 Posted by darkangel115 (1485 posts) -

@Jankarcop: I didn't discredit anything, was making a statement.

#70 Edited by Jag85 (4354 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

Yes its true we are at a point where resolution is far less important than aesthetics. However, discussing 1080p as a high standard is laughable. 1080p to be frank is low. Does that mean all games have to be 4k? no. but it does mean 1080p should be looked at as what it is...easy...not 'next gen'

Not just aesthetics, but also polygons, texture details, filtering, anti-aliasing, lighting, shading, etc. Resolution is just one part of the puzzle, not the whole story.

#71 Posted by lundy86_4 (42876 posts) -

lol... No.

#72 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

Not just aesthetics, but also polygons, texture details, filtering, anti-aliasing, lighting, shading, etc. Resolution is just one part of the puzzle, not the whole story.

that is a very valid point

#73 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@Jankarcop: I didn't discredit anything, was making a statement.

PC gamers and there terrible MMOs and F2P games are just sad.

If someone cam combine PC power, with a MS based OS, and allow for Sony, MS, and Nintendo games on it, at a midway price point say 600-700 dollars, it would be golden

The post you made put it like mmo/f2p are garbage and that nintendo, sony, M$ makes better games when infact they have far less great+ titles any given gen than pc.

You might want to say "in my opinion only" next time for accuracy.

#74 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Still waiting for 4k videos of online game.

What part of "4K alone doesn't make it graphics king" did you not understand? There are games right now that look more impressive than that, at 1080p with some AA.

#75 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@True_Gamer_ said:

Try harder

1. Video clip 2 that you posted up at 00.35 Left hand side wall = Low resolution textures
  2. Video clip 2 that you posted up at 00.45 female characters hair = Shiny plastic looking hair

Your logic = Average looking game + High resolution = Graphics king?... That must mean that Resident Evil 4 HD on the PS3 looks better than GTA5 on the PS3.

you are right..HOWEVER...we are talking 4k vs 720p?...really?

#76 Posted by superbuuman (2628 posts) -

Fights looks similar to Tera ..except this one seems more fluid. Also more clothes!!! :P Interesting will have to check it out, is there English or in Korean only?

#77 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

Try harder

you are right..HOWEVER...we are talking 4k vs 720p?...really?

Who's talking 4K vs 720p?

Also, assuming someone is, then yes, it's totally possible for a game running 720p to look better than another in 4K. Because resolution alone doesn't make a game's graphics. I could dig up an ancient game from the 90s and run it at 4K. Would that look better than a major AAA game from the 360 or PS3 running 720p? Hell no. When you don't have the graphical assets to back it up (extremely high res textures, models with insanely high poly counts, advanced animations, lighting and particle effects, etc.), increasing resolution does nothing but smooth out jagged edges. Which can be done just fine with some anti-aliasing, using far less power.

#78 Posted by remiks00 (1661 posts) -

@lostrib said:

But me saying anything is pointless as youre clueless about latest korean MMO development.

@True_Gamer_: I think it looks interesting; It has caught my attention. What do you mean by the "latest korean MMO development"? Part of the reason why I never got into any of there F2P mmos are because they were mostly hacker friendly/ grindfest mmos... Are you saying that's changed??

#79 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2320 posts) -

an MMO? ewww

Also graphics king? Don't make me lol

#80 Edited by True_Gamer_ (5985 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@lostrib said:

@True_Gamer_: I think it looks interesting; It has caught my attention. What do you mean by the "latest korean MMO development"? Part of the reason why I never got into any of there F2P mmos are because they were mostly hacker friendly/ grindfest mmos... Are you saying that's changed??

The grind to max level is no more. In arche age for example you do chain quests that are 4/10 completely different from one another and as you do them you roam the land exploring.

Same for gearing. the pve content is huge and the pvp one is separate from the paying shop. so no pay to win pvp just pay to win pve (which is pointless).

@SEANMCAD said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@lostrib said:

kind of becomes a problem. I mean if you max in 11 days the question becomes what to do next.

If you plan to play an MMO for a few years than the vast majority of your time is playing 'end game content' which begs the question of why have an 11 day tutorial in the first place.

Tell me if they made you level to max in 3 years you would still moan and call it a grind.

The grind is only in pve gear/estates houses etc etc and in pvp. But not grind in the repetitive sense.

@Jag85 said:

True_Gamer... you are just trolling, right?

Download and run TERA then run Aion and compare cryengine to unreal.