ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

When you are talking sheer game content and gaming innovation, the WiiU is by far the best console to own. SSB, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, SM 3D Land, NSMB, Bayonetta 2, Zombie U and all of the Nintendo E shop titles from years past easily eclipse what the competition is offering.

Oh I know all of you graphics whores are going to scoff at my post and that is fine, but whether you want to admit it or not, you know I am right!

The bottom line is that as a whole, the X1 and PS4 have a long way to go when it comes to matching the WiiU's library in both quantity and quality!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Personally, I'd love to get one. Holidays, though. Gotta watch the budget. Great system, great games. Nintendo always has that charm I love.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Well, yeah, the WiiU has been out a year longer.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

if i cared about any of the franchises you would be right.

also, is this just a troll thread?

i mean you put zombie u in a reason to own wiiu list.

there is no way you are serious with that shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I can see myself owning a Wii U when it's $99 to play the Mario games I didn't play. Nintendo consoles will never be must have for me as only care about Mario. Games like Zelda or Bayonetta has zero appeal to me.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

no.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

(3D Land and E Shop games? Yeah, the 3DS really is awesome.)

To be honest, we see a post about the Wii U's strength over the other consoles pretty regularly in SW, but I can't really buy in to the sentiment. The Wii U had a good 2014 and it'll have a good 2015 as well, but it feels like a system destined to die in 2016. It would be amazing if it manages to sustain itself into 2017 somehow while running in 3rd place and having no third party support. Even the Gamecube had stronger third party support to sustain itself for its short 5 year lifecycle.

So you're talking about elevating a console that probably has half the longevity of a Playstation console, a system you'll probably need to buy a successor console to in just 3 years to receive more new games. I'd rather wait for the finish line before coronating the Wii U as the winner.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Yup its true. Hell if Wii U got most of the 3rd party ports that the others get and I probably wouldn't even be gaming on my PC anymore. People like to act like the graphics matter, but if they did then Driveclub would have been nominated for racing GOTY. Nintendo and Wii U is making fantastic games that perform better than their supposed inferior hardware and it deserves more respect than it gets.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

The only way that the Wii U isn't a must have system for somebody is if they don't like Nintendo, or most of Nintendo's, games. Other than that, it has enough of it's own exclusive content to make it a must have console for anybody who loves playing video games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#10 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

LOL, Wii U!

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Yeah, no. I prefer games with an actual story and not those braindead kid-friendly dialogs. I enjoy Nintendo games from time to time but only in small doses.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

nope

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yep.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

well its stronger than the x1 and ps4 for now, however that will change in a year or two once those consoles have a few more exclusives and another round of multiplats.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Everyone knows that the WiiU has the best exclusive content money can buy. The problem is that most people are happy with mediocrity, so they end up with a ps4 of an xb1.

The problem is buffoons pretending that a handful of good exclusives will ever beat the endless array of good multiplats. Hint: they don't, never have, and never will. WiiU is an excellent secondary system, a piece of junk as a primary.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Oh look, another Wii U owner trying to justify his purchase.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Yesterday's PlayStation event reminded me that PS4 is the only system I need this gen.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Even in a year, PS4 and to lesser extent X1 won't get to the level where Wii U is now.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freedomfreak

@Salt_The_Fries: Based on what?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

For multiplats? Nope

For exclusives? Yup

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bunchanumbers

@freedomfreak said:

exclusives announced so far. In year 2 Wii U has had tons of fantastic and highly rated exclusives.

Judging by the number of both of the twins, Wii U's Year 2 is better than Sony and MS exclusive wise. Can even be better if you include how those games are reviewed.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freedomfreak
@bunchanumbers said:

exclusives announced so far. In year 2 Wii U has had tons of fantastic and highly rated exclusives.

Judging by the number of both of the twins, Wii U's Year 2 is better than Sony and MS exclusive wise. Can even be better if you include how those games are reviewed.

Other consoles also got exclusives announced. They count just as well.

Sure. WiiU got some fine exclusives, and will continue to do so going into 2015, but what about all the stuff it's missing out on? WiiU is met with the worst droughts in gaming. But it's a-okay because it gets exclusives? I know people usually just run with the "but you can play those on other platforms". Yes, other platforms like anything that isn't a WiiU, and that includes the twins. So, in the grand scheme of this thread, it's very, very, very, very easy for people to say "Well, **** it, the WiiU is doing nothing for me."

The only reason to make the WiiU look good is to come up with arguments like the multiplats being available on other platforms. Not everyone just looks at the exclusives the platforms offer. They look at the entire package.

And it shows.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@freedomfreak said:

That seems pretty presumptive. The Wii U this year got 3 AAEs, an AAAE and an AAAAE on Gamespot. The most exceptional score of those 5 games is, of course, the AAAAE; a score like that is admittedly entirely unpredictable, and you may be right that the PS4 and One may fail to get a 10/10 exclusive next year.

Other than that, though, it's hardly a lofty or unreachable standard of success. Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne are obviously hyped AAAEs, so we'll have to wait and see if they reach it. AAEs may come from any number of other games including The Order 1886, Disgaea 5, Everybody's Gone to Rapture, Until Dawn, Ratchet & Clank, etc.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Yup its true. Hell if Wii U got most of the 3rd party ports that the others get and I probably wouldn't even be gaming on my PC anymore. People like to act like the graphics matter, but if they did then Driveclub would have been nominated for racing GOTY. Nintendo and Wii U is making fantastic games that perform better than their supposed inferior hardware and it deserves more respect than it gets.

Graphics aren't everything. But if Wii-U got ports, it would almost certainly be the worst and least performing versions. Graphics definitely matter in that case.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@freedomfreak said:

Even in a year, PS4 and to lesser extent X1 won't get to the level where Wii U is now.

Yes, yes they will. Both of them will pass Wii-U.

Wii-U might be clinging to a slight edge with exclusives. But as far as the total package of games, the WIi-U will be lapped like 3 times by this point next year.

As always the Wii-U will be based entirely on how you value a handful of Mario games plus an occasional (very rare) non Mario exclusive.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Maybe for Bayonetta 2, and the new Zelda and Metroid if they're refreshing experiences and good games. But no for the other games. Other than those games, Nintendo is really only good for local multiplayer which to me are the best on Gamecube- Smash, Double Dash, Mario Baseball Tennis Golf Strikers Party, Soul Calibur 2, Kirby Airride.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 freedomfreak
@farrell2k said:

What about the exclusives Sony gets that Microsoft doesn't? The "x misses out on y" argument is pointless, as all console miss out on things. Exclusive content will always be king, and Nintendo is the king of exclusive content. I can play a generic shooter, a generic rpg, survival horror, Tomb Raider or its clones anywhere. You need Nintendo for the best exclusives money can buy.

And how many are those compared to what the WiiU is getting? It's nothing compared to the stuff not showing up on WiiU. Some timed exlusives, sure. If you wanna turn this into a Sony vs MS argument, go ahead. I'm talking about WiiU's offerings versus other platforms. Exclusive content is king. Exclusive content+support of 3rd party developers=King..er.

And thanks for sharing your opinion.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#32  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Preach, my fellow sheep.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
@farrell2k said:

You are welcome.

Exclusive content is king, and the company with the best exclusive content, is king...er...er, Nintendo. One can play multiplats anywhere, but you can't play the kingliest games, Nintendo games, anywhere. There's no way around it, Nintendo has the best games and the best reason to buy a game console.

You already gave your opinion once.

Now you're building your argument out of it.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i find the lack of 3rd party support the worst problem wii u has.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#35 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I own both a PS4 and a Wii U. If you want high quality titles that focus on fun and charm the Wii U is the way to go, if you like games with shiny graphics and little to no fun factor (at the moment at least besides Dragon Age) than the PS4 is the way to go. They both have distinct advantages and weaknesses depending on what you like in games and the type of games you play. Both consoles are worth owning IMO.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bunchanumbers

@2Chalupas said:

@bunchanumbers said:

Graphics aren't everything. But if Wii-U got ports, it would almost certainly be the worst and least performing versions. Graphics definitely matter in that case.

Not really. See the graphics matter here in those ports because they're already pushing the ps4 and the X1 as hard as they can. Everything can be scaled down to levels that make a game just as playable on Wii U. It just won't have as high of a resolution or feature mind blowing textures, sure. But they would still be the same game and those games would still be playable on Wii U. Watchdogs, NFS, and soon Project Cars will all show this. Almost every 3rd party port could end up on Wii U if people were willing to buy them.

There are other factors that people don't like to take into account. Collectors value for example. Nintendo games have some of the highest resale value among video games today. The only thing that has higher is probably the Sega Saturn. Nintendo accessories are also highly collectible. GameCube component cables? Last time I checked they are valued at around $250. And this is for a $20 cable back in the day. Almost always Nintendo stuff ends up being the most expensive items years down the road. Gamecube stuff is highly collectable and Wii U will end up selling less? Wii U stuff will probably end up being more valuable than GameCube.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#37 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

No, I vastly prefer the PS4's library

This

Only morons own a Wii U.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

All the time I keep seeing threads like this. Insecure much? The system has no third party support and the only interesting title you listed was Bayonetta 2. And on top of that it has last gen power.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 freedomfreak
@farrell2k said:

I gave it twice already, and I'll write it again. In fact, every time you respond, I will write it twice. Nintendo has the best exclusive content money can buy, which is the only reason to own a game console.

Hey, man. You dig their games. That's nice.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

If you a have gaming PC, maybe.

Otherwise, HA.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#42 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I agree but only because the xbone and ps4 have been so pitiful

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Though I think it's a must have console it's far from being deemed best console. It's still very flawed in many respects.

Nintendo for instance is horrible about e-publishing their VC titles, they don't have Genesis or TurboGrafx or N64 titles like they did on Wii, they don't have GameCube titles though the Wii easily will play them (confirmed by the Homebrew community), the VC section lacks basic first party stuff Nintendo shouldn't have licensing issues publishing.

Their consoles need online account transfers so people don't need say two 3DS devices in possession to transfer games, or two Wii/WiiUs to transfer rights. They also need cross platform rights sharing, like say if I buy Metroid on 3DS I should own it on Wii U too, but instead I'd have to buy it twice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Not if you dont have a good gaming PC

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Sure if you only buy 2-3 games every year WiiU is fine

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 freedomfreak
@farrell2k said:

Not only is it nice, it is great! No one beats Nintendo when it comes to the best exclusive content money can buy. If you care about experiencing the best exclusive content, there is no reason to not own a wiiu!

It sure is, honey. It sure is.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Vatusus said:

Not if you don't have a good gaming PC.

Exactly.

No SFV for Wii U or 3rd party support at all.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

A few fanboys in denial of the significance of the third party. Nothing more. I've already played Mario Kart, Smash, and all the others.