Grand Theft Auto 5 to be 'Enhanced' For PC

• 177 results
#1 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

According to its new Steam listing, Grand Theft Auto 5 will receive "across-the-board enhancements" when it releases on PC.

GTA5 promises to "take full advantage of the power of PC," with various improvements such as higher resolution and graphical detail, denser traffic, greater draw distances, upgraded AI, and advanced weather and damage effects.

The epic open-world game will also feature "new wildlife" and a video editor for advanced movie-making.

GTA5 for PC includes Grand Theft Auto Online, and the listing promises that all content added since launch - including such things as new jobs and customisations - will be present in the PC version. As previously promised, multiplayer progress will carry over between the PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions.

Steam lists its release date as Fall 2014.

#2 Posted by GamersJustGame (322 posts) -

Everything you mentioned is confirmed to also be 'Enhanced' on next gen consoles as well.

#3 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@gamersjustgame said:

Everything you mentioned is confirmed to also be 'Enhanced' on next gen consoles as well.

But obviously the pc will have settings that go beyond the new consoles capabilities.

#4 Posted by Sushiglutton (5340 posts) -

And the most important one: Enhanced aiming control for more enjoyable encounters!

#5 Edited by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

But obviously the pc will have settings that go beyond the new consoles capabilities.

doubt it. Beside higher res, frame-rate and mods I don't think it'll have anything more.

#6 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

doubt it. Beside higher res, frame-rate and mods I don't think it'll have anything more.

Traffic and npc density plus draw distance including shadows will surely go higher than consoles.

#7 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Gue1 said:

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

Traffic and npc density plus draw distance including shadows will surely go higher than consoles.

If not, mods will fix that.

#8 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

Really looking forward to this, man.

The pain of avoiding the console version has really paid off. I didn't want to put the game in the trash bin by playing it on a console, I do know the experience would be terrible.

#9 Posted by Jankarcop (9627 posts) -

Master Race prevails

#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -

Time travel several months back to when it was actually released?

#11 Posted by lawlessx (46778 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

You don't think? you mean you hope it doesn't.

even if it doesn't mods will push the game way beyond the console versions in terms of content and visuals

#12 Posted by harry_james_pot (10938 posts) -

Didn't they already mention that when they announced it? I can't wait! :D

#13 Posted by lostrib (37710 posts) -

Compared to the last gen versions, pretty sure all the new versions will be "enhanced"

#14 Posted by paraskhos_basic (1243 posts) -

Great news

#15 Posted by Sa1nT_Ch3wy (116 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Compared to the last gen versions, pretty sure all the new versions will be "enhanced"

#16 Edited by cainetao11 (17745 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

Judging by this board, higher res and fps is ALL that matters.

#17 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Time travel several months back to when it was actually released?

I would gladly wait again than play that POS 20fps version that was released months ago.

#18 Posted by emgesp (2154 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

Mods will make a bigger difference than "higher settings".

#19 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9260 posts) -

It would be nice if RockStar would put extra goodies into the PC version. But I'm doubting it... Even if they did it prob wont be that significant.

I'm just counting the days now... Going to take my time and absorb every little detail, all while playing it on my PC. Just hope it's got good optimization.

#20 Posted by emgesp (2154 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Gue1 said:

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

Traffic and NPC density should be basically identical across all next-gen versions. The PC version will be able to output at higher res than 1080p and if you have a decent GPU then the AA and frame rate should be better as well.

#21 Posted by heretrix (37415 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

That's plenty.

#22 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Old.

#23 Posted by Jankarcop (9627 posts) -

Best on pc

#24 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (987 posts) -

PC for me.. duh.

modders will make it look like a early PS5 Xbox Two game.

#25 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@Cranler said:

@Gue1 said:

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

Traffic and NPC density should be basically identical across all next-gen versions. The PC version will be able to output at higher res than 1080p and if you have a decent GPU then the AA and frame rate should be better as well.

Higher traffic and npc density is very taxing on the cpu. You really believe the pc will be limited to the same level as the consoles that use tablet cpu's?

#26 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3713 posts) -

It was always supposed to be Current gen and PC game . Those screenshots they posted before release of last gen version were way better than how actual game looked . They lied that those screenshots were taken from PS3 and Xbox 360 version .

There is huge difference between last gen and current gen version , as you can see in following video (most probably taken from PC to showcase best visuals the game has to offer) :

#27 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7323 posts) -

So basically, just like every other game that has a PC version?

#28 Edited by AM-Gamer (4037 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: already confirmed to be from the PS4 version.

#29 Posted by BldgIrsh (2691 posts) -

@AM-Gamer: By sony themselves. Reliable sources.

#30 Edited by AM-Gamer (4037 posts) -

@bldgirsh: Actually by Rockstar themselves. Sony doesn't make trailers for third party games.

#31 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3713 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

Just like how they confirmed that those screenshots are from PS3 .? Sorry , not gonna trust them until I see it for myself .

#32 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Just like how they confirmed that those screenshots are from PS3 .? Sorry , not gonna trust them until I see it for myself .

Always fun to watch some elitist type claim "conspiracy" over console footage he decides looks too good.

In a way I suppose it's the highest complement someone like you could offer to a console, lol.

#33 Posted by BldgIrsh (2691 posts) -

@santoron said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Always fun to watch some elitist type claim "conspiracy" over console footage he decides looks too good.

In a way I suppose it's the highest complement someone like you could offer to a console, lol.

Ahh, didn't know the game has been released yet for next-gen.

#34 Posted by AM-Gamer (4037 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: Lol you don't own a PS4. That part is painfully obvious. That trailer looks a step ahead of WD and about 3 steps behind infamous SS. In other words its nothing amazing.

#35 Posted by scatteh316 (4961 posts) -

I would like to thank all the cows and lemmings for beta testing Grand Theft Auto 5 for us Hermits, it's appreciated.

#36 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

Still not buying it. Rockstar can suck it.

#37 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (771 posts) -

Way too late to care. Ive already played GTA5 to death last gen. Just work on GTA6 please. I want a new experience. Not the same game with prettier graphics.

#38 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16650 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

That's up to Rockstar.

#39 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16650 posts) -

@SonySoldier-_- said:

Way too late to care. Ive already played GTA5 to death last gen. Just work on GTA6 please. I want a new experience. Not the same game with prettier graphics.

Weren't they gonna work on SP DLC for GTA 5 first ?

And I'm pretty sure we'll see RDR2 and perhaps even Max Payne 4 before we see GTA 6

#40 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7456 posts) -

Mods they gonna give all the "enhancement" pc needs.

#41 Posted by zekere (2509 posts) -

MMMMMooooooodzzzz!!!!

#42 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Ribbed. For your pleasure.

#43 Posted by Speak_Low (1097 posts) -

@Bikouchu35 said:

Mods they gonna give all the "enhancement" pc needs.

If that is a GTA IV mod, they did a good job on the models there.

"Anna let's go bowling!"

#44 Posted by biggest_loser (24062 posts) -

That won't stop the mission design from being crap.

#45 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Cranler said:

@gamersjustgame said:

That's up to Rockstar.

Of course that's up to Rockstar and I guarantee you that draw distance and npc/traffic density will go higher on pc. These are cpu intensive settings and mid to high end desktop cpu's are WAY beyond ps4 and xbox ones cpu's. Those settings will certainly be in the game and it doesn't take much work on Rockstars part to make them go beyond consoles.

Also remember that Rockstar would surely rather have a pc/next gen console owner buy the pc version since pc version buyers are much more likely to buy digital which is much more profitable than retail. It would be stupid for Rockstar to limit the pc version on settings that can be easily raised far above console capabilities.

#46 Edited by blangenakker (2392 posts) -

Well I bloody hope so

#47 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16650 posts) -

@Cranler said:

Of course that's up to Rockstar and I guarantee you that draw distance and npc/traffic density will go higher on pc. These are cpu intensive settings and mid to high end desktop cpu's are WAY beyond ps4 and xbox ones cpu's. Those settings will certainly be in the game and it doesn't take much work on Rockstars part to make them go beyond consoles.

Also remember that Rockstar would surely rather have a pc/next gen console owner buy the pc version since pc version buyers are much more likely to buy digital which is much more profitable than retail. It would be stupid for Rockstar to limit the pc version on settings that can be easily raised far above console capabilities.

I really hope they make another great port like Max Payne 3 (well... port... they say they did PC development since day one) because that was a lot better than the console version and it ran great.

Even GTA IV, which wasn't a good port, allowed options that went way beyond what consoles allowed.

So rockstar could do the same. And I'm pretty sure they've been working on the PC/PS4/Xbone version for a long time and longer than a year, so it could turn out great.

However, rockstar could just half ass it too :S

#48 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto 5 just by being on PC is enhanced, can't wait to tailor my experience with delicious mods!

#49 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2605 posts) -

@santoron said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Just like Sony said WD will be 1080p@60 on PS4, just like Crapzone was 1080p@60, just like every light source in Crapzone is an Area Light, just like 4K bullshots of Crapzone, just like the downgrade of UC2 and UC3, just like the pre-rendered gameplay footage of KZ2 at E3, just like Deep Down running on PC at the reveal. All of them were conspiracy, right?

#50 Posted by 001011000101101 (3988 posts) -

Modders will add tons of bloom and turn the contrast all the way up since that's what equals "realism" to gamers.