Gran turismo 6 Information Thread.(Not a hype thread)

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Oh wait, this is just an information thread. Maybe I'll be able to make a hypethread tomorrow.

I'll make it awesome. Promise : )

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

So many features NOT in Forza 5 seems like GT6 should get a good score. Not that it matters I am going to pick this game up guess I should dust off GT5.

but you can bet that it will not. GT franchise kind of got this stigma on it which PD can't get rid off no matter what.

I don't get why it should not score well. The graphics look good,the car list is sick,the tracks list is great with time of day and rain on most. It has karts and rally racing also and well as making your own tracks plus online racing. It even has upgraded physics and good online support with more cars coming.

GT6 shits all over Forza 5 and it even has wheel support. How can it not score good ??

GT5 even had custom soundtracks what more do you want for 60 bucks ??

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

Oh wait, this is just an information thread. Maybe I'll be able to make a hypethread tomorrow.

yes this is a information thread, I don't do hype threads, lol

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By John_Matherson

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@John_Matherson said:

yes this is a information thread, I don't do hype threads, lol

No problem : ) because I do hype threads.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Gue1 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

So many features NOT in Forza 5 seems like GT6 should get a good score. Not that it matters I am going to pick this game up guess I should dust off GT5.

but you can bet that it will not. GT franchise kind of got this stigma on it which PD can't get rid off no matter what.

I don't get why it should not score well. The graphics look good,the car list is sick,the tracks list is great with time of day and rain on most. It has karts and rally racing also and well as making your own tracks plus online racing. It even has upgraded physics and good online support with more cars coming.

GT6 shits all over Forza 5 and it even has wheel support. How can it not score good ??

Content =/= a good game. Forza has it where it counts and that's the actual racing. It's proof you don't need 1200 cars, rain, dynamic lighting or night and day racing. GT games might need it, going by the last couple I'd say they do, in order for it to get good rating. GT has dropped far off from the good old PS1 PS2 days.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#56 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Gue1 said:

it's funny that a rushed gimped game like Forza 5 can still get a 9 but a complete package like GT6 might not even get an 8. What's the world coming to?

When are you nitwits going to realize that quality>quantity? It doesn't matter if GT has tons of features if turns out being a sterile, archaic experience. GT5 was packed with content yet a lot of it was shoddy.

I swear some of you on SW seem incapable of using your brains and coming to a simple conclusion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GreySeal9

@kingtito said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Gue1 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Content =/= a good game. Forza has it where it counts and that's the actual racing. It's proof you don't need 1200 cars, rain, dynamic lighting or night and day racing. GT games might need it, going by the last couple I'd say they do, in order for it to get good rating. GT has dropped far off from the good old PS1 PS2 days.

I don't like when people say "lol you guys are blinded by nostalgia," but it does apply when it comes to GT fanboys.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@GreySeal9 said:

@kingtito said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Gue1 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I don't like when people say "lol you guys are blinded by nostalgia," but it applies when it comes to GT fanboys.

Dude, i can kind of understand where you are coming from, but come on, PD is just trying to make a good Simulation game, in the end that is what this is about, a good console simulation game, with the support of a alot Force feed back wheels on the market and past FFB wheels, which is what the fans and simulator enthusiast alike are really looking for, that is why GT is so popular, noone is really riding a wave of "nostalgia" or so you say

The game is trying to break out of it's old stagnant state, it took GT5 to show PD that it needs to go back to the drawing board, i mean, what more do you want?.

GT5 had incredible physics, but the core game was shit.

and PD knew it was shit, that's why they are trying to make it right with GT6 before GT7 arives.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nihonking
Member since 2013 • 187 Posts

Thanks for the hype thread my body is ready for this game.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@nihonking said:

Thanks for the hype thread my body is ready for this game.

Your welcome but this is not a hype thread.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GreySeal9

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@kingtito said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Gue1 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I don't like when people say "lol you guys are blinded by nostalgia," but it applies when it comes to GT fanboys.

Dude, i can kind of understand where you are coming from, but come on, PD is just trying to make a good Simulation game, in the end that is what this is about, a good console simulation game, with the support of a alot Force feed back wheels on the market and past FFB wheels, which is what the fans and simulator enthusiast alike are really looking for, that is why GT is so popular, noone is really riding a wave of "nostalgia" or so you say

The game is trying to break out of it's old stagnant state, it took GT5 to show PD that it needs to go back to the drawing board, i mean, what more do you want?.

GT is popular because of its dominance in the 90s/early 2000s, which resulted in an extreme amount of brand power. It has nothing to do with anything the franchise is doing nowadays.

I'm not even saying GT6 is going to suck or is not going to be a good sim. But there are a ton of people who are pro-GT and anti-Forza because of brand loyalty and not based on the merits of the two.

That being said, Forza is probably going to hit a wall pretty soon as well.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@GreySeal9 said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@kingtito said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Gue1 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

GT is popular because of its dominance in the 90s/early 2000s, which resulted in an extreme amount of brand power. It has nothing to do with anything the franchise is doing nowadays.

I'm not even saying GT6 is going to suck or is not going to be a good sim. But there are a ton of people who are pro-GT and anti-Forza because of brand loyalty and not based on the merits of the two.

That being said, Forza is probably going to hit a wall pretty soon as well.

Well i am a forza fan just as much as a GT fan, i literally grew up with both. But what rubs me the wrong way, is turn 10, not forza, i'm not liking the whole "wheel issue" going on, so as a sim player, i race on GT or PC, there i know what i have will be supported. If the issues change then i will pick up F5, but until then..sadly no. which sucks.

Problem is, i invested alot of money into a Driving rig system, and now with out the support, i just see no need at all.

i'm still waiting to see if the issue will ever be cleared up.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

when it comes to Forza vs GT you can put each game side by side and no one will even be able to tell which one is which because of how similar they are! Yet when it comes to review scores there's such huge disparity you might think that Forza completely obliterates GT when that couldn't be farther from the truth.

The only differences I see between these series is that what GT gives you in content and more realistic handling Forza counters it with better online and aerodinamic customization.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TorqueHappens08

But the best thing about each, is they learn from each other.

Did i mention more racemod cars confirmed for GT6?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Can't wait for McShea to tear it to shreds. I hope it gets 4.0 for the massive lulz and cow butthurt.

Not updating the sound effects of the cars but having time to recreate the moon driving just makes my brain hurt trying to think of how they got their priorities messed up. They should have spent the two years they did making this and just redid their entire catalogue of engine and tire sounds... it would have been time and money better spent.

That's just sad if you actually want it to fail..that badly. and i guess you missed a good chunk of the post.. because i specifically highlighted Engine sounds..come on man.. it's at the beginning of the post..

Polyphony won't surpass the engine sounds Forza 5 has with the PS3 - along with the actual driving, the sounds in Forza 5 are unbelievable.

To be frank I don't understand why Polyphony is making GT6 other than because they can and because it will sell like hotcakes.
Everything I see about GT6 raises my expectations for GT7 even higher.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Sounds promising. The permanent damage sounds cool too - it'll make people think twice about driving like maniacs.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Great thread !!

GT5 will finally take its well deserved break... Looking forward to GT6 :)

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

@Heil68: Exactly!

And It was intended as a joke hence the emphasis on the word "totally" because what I said is realistic, you could drive your dream car at night in real life! I had a big post for his noob post but I decided to delete it and make it simple, I guess it wasn't clear enough for people to get the joke ( its a terrible attempt at sarcasm I guess lol ) so Im gonna post what I was gonna say now lol.

Because that repeated lame question of "LOL who races at night. You are not going 200 mph at night!" can only be asked by noob drivers in real life because whats so freaking hard about driving at night? only if a person has a very very crappy vision ( should not be allowed to drive in the first place ) could have difficulties at night or if the road is completely dark with no lights on, normal people can drive as easy as day driving.

Who races at night? every freaking street race takes place at night, and that 200mph speed can't be achieved every 2 seconds because cars needs a long straight line to achieve that kind of speed and most tracks consists of lots of corners, and I don't know what was the connection between the two ( night races and speed ) from that poster?

Lastly as far as pro races go, there are a lot of night races, youtube is your friend.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#69  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

I really don't understand why Sony wasted development time on PS3 instead of PS4 for this installment.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 HAZE-Unit

@Mystery_Writer said:

I really don't understand why Sony wasted development time on PS3 instead of PS4 for this installment.

GT6 will not benefit the PS4 in anyway at this time, it's already sold out everywhere without GT6 and will be selling out for the foreseeable future, best timing to keep that momentum going is releasing GT7 next November.

And you have DriveClub, this game needs the breather, a GT game beside it would snatch all the potential sales.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Day 1.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I'll probably pick it up cheap when they do a version containing all the inevitable DLC

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

gs painted themselves into a corner.

the last one was terrible and got an 8 so if this improves on the last one(which is impossible not to) then it should be a lock for a 9.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 HAZE-Unit

So I just got da news GT6 just released in my local store, breaking dat street date one game at a time.

I have a major headache so Im gonna go get it tomorrow.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TorqueHappens08

Looks way better then GT5.

Sounds way better then GT5.

Loading Video...

And this is before the Day 1 patch of course.

Track: Brands Hatch

Car: Renault Clio RS

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

Only 7 more days to go! If anybody wants some leaked info, head over to GTplanet, some of it's members got their hands on GT6 already.

All in all, this game is looking good! My only concern with the game so far are the number of events, GT5 had too little, for a 1000 car game, it was so hard to find a suitable race for your favorite car. Besides that the standard models are looking good, besides a couple, Track list is absolutely amazing, considering the fact that there wil be night/day transtions, and weather for more than half of them, and love how they realy focussed on adding new European cars this time around.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Its just a fucking racing sim.

Why do people care?

I dont even..

I care because I love cars. My steering wheel is ready.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 John_Matherson

Hype thread done!

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@heretrix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Why do people care?

I dont even..

Just ignore him, apparently people can't have a reason to love racing/driving sims.. And what kind of wheel?

My wheel is ready, needs to be a meme

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@TorqueHappens08 said:

How about this? Just did this now :P

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@_Matt_: Lol, that is perfect. and really disturbing, 10/10

A look at one of the redone past standard cars.

Ruf BTR, now 3d model, 3d lights, modeled body panels etc..

the bottom is of course the old horrid GT5 texture PS2 model...

bleh......

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 inggrish

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@_Matt_: Lol, that is perfect. and really disturbing, 10/10

Huzzah!

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 heretrix

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@heretrix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Why do people care?

I dont even..

Just ignore him, apparently people can't have a reason to love racing/driving sims.. And what kind of wheel?

It's the Logitech Driving force GT. It's pretty decent. I even built a stand for the wheel. Came out pretty decent.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By heretrix

@_Matt_ said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

LMAO!...

HEY, are you the same Matt that was in the marathon GT 5 thread that we kept alive for so long?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By inggrish

@heretrix said:

@_Matt_ said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

LMAO!...

HEY, are you the same Matt that was in the marathon GT 5 thread that we kept alive for so long?

The very same, sir :)

Been a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@heretrix said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@heretrix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Why do people care?

I dont even..

It's the Logitech Driving force GT. It's pretty decent. I even built a stand for the wheel. Came out pretty decent.

Driving Force GT is a great wheel for the money

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 heretrix

@Nuck81 said:

@heretrix said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@heretrix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Why do people care?

I dont even..

Driving Force GT is a great wheel for the money

Yes, it is. I've had a great time with it..

@_Matt_ said:

Been a while.

That was a good time! After all of the trolls left we were just enjoying the game and I remember you being a much, much better driver than me. You even lent me a high end Ferrari I needed to win a particular race. Many thanks! I hope I have just as much fun with GT6!

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@heretrix said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@heretrix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Why do people care?

I dont even..

Nice, it's the best wheel out there for the money and tech, i used mine so much, and it never faded or anything...logitech knows how to make a good wheel, and for people, they can jump right into sim racing with out giving an arm and a leg.

And for a single motor FFB, it is very strong, and gets the best of sims, the only thing it needed was an 6 speed gate and clutch, but there is rumor of another entry wheel like the DFGT with a clutch and all the bells and whistles for 200 bucks.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

1200 cars, a butload of tracks and unrealistic physics. Gran Turismo is too ambitious for its own good.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lol at having to have a disclaimer in the title because people are too terrified to hype a game.

i mean come on.

that is just the richest vein of comedy anyone could hope to tap.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TorqueHappens08

@Riverwolf007: Actually, There is already an official (massive)hype thread for GT6 made by john, this is an information thread, as the title suggest.

@Lulu_Lulu: GT5 has pretty realistic physics(for a console sim) if you are not using a wheel, then you won't get any of it. Infact GT5 had very high praise for it's physics engine, and GT6 improves on that with the help of Technical gurus, KW automotive(suspension) and Yokohama Tire collaboration to work on the all new physics engine.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ TorqueHappens08

Then why do the cars behave so unrealiscally ?

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TorqueHappens08

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ TorqueHappens08

Then why do the cars behave so unrealiscally ?

I don't know it depends on what you use and how you use it, for instance i like driving using confort softs, simulate sporty tires....sports softs and up are pushing it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Lulu_Lulu

@ TorqueHappens08

They could get much more accurate results if they axe 1150 of the cars and nail down some proper physics. Any of this remind you of The Elder's scroll, piling on more crap without fixing the basics.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 inggrish

@heretrix said:

Been a while.

That was a good time! After all of the trolls left we were just enjoying the game and I remember you being a much, much better driver than me. You even lent me a high end Ferrari I needed to win a particular race. Many thanks! I hope I have just as much fun with GT6!

Definitely good times, you, me, Racing, Jonny... who else was in the hype thread at the end? Haha thanks but I'm not that good at it, glad the Ferrari was of help. I'm sure you will have as much if not more with GT6.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#98 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49565 Posts

I forgot this game was coming out.

Dark_man123

Forum Posts