GoW 1 and 2 vs current generation games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

Hello...

I had only 4 days to finish both games, GoW1 and 2. Kids were coming back from their trip soon and I wanted to finish both games before they take over the PS2. I thought that over 4 days, 6-8 hours a day are gonna be enough for me to finish both games. Heck I was even planing for my time with PS2 after that. But I was absolutly shocked.

It took me about 15 hours to finish the first game only. 15 HOURS!!! and wasn't able to finish GoW2 before the kids came back home.

Very few games of this generation take more than 10 hours to playthrough. That makes me wonder... What is gonna happen to games of the next generation ?? are they gonna keep getting shorter? Are you happy about trading gameplay length for better graphics?? and Why can't we have both?

Need examples of short games?? RE5, fable II, L4D, MW....

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Hello...

I had only 4 days to finish both games, GoW1 and 2. Kids were coming back from their trip soon and I wanted to finish both games before they take over the PS2. I thought that over 4 days, 6-8 hours a day are gonna be enough for me to finish both games. Heck I was even planing for my time with PS2 after that. But I was absolutly shocked.

It took me about 15 hours to finish the first game only. 15 HOURS!!! and wasn't able to finish the GoW2 game before the kids came back home.

Very few games of this generation take more than 10 hours to playthrough. That makes me wonder... What is gonna happen to games of the next generation ?? are they gonna keep getting shorter? Are you happy about trading gameplay length for better graphics?? and Why can't we have both?

Need examples of short games?? RE5, fable II, L4D, MW....

mithrixx

Re isnt really short I mean it's always been a series tat can be beaten in 10 hours. L4D is a different story what it lacks in time it makes up for in replayability. MW I'll agree with ya there. I don't know I think it may be that i'm getting older and better so things seem shorter. But who knows. Suprisingly I think prototype is criminally short. I've had it for a week and im half way through

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Only 15 hours? lol... what did you do after that? played its Halo-like-godlike MP? Oh wait....

SODRChief
Keep it on topic thjis has nothing to do with halo or Multiplayer but the length of SP games
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
I think all developers should stop releasing crap in 2-3 years and polish their games and keep adding on a ton of content, like Blizzard, Santa Monica Studios, and Valve does....well, aside from L4D2 from Valve. They polish their games for 4+ years and they end up amazing.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I don't mind a shorter playthrough as long as there's a repectable amount of extras to compensate it. Sure, God of War has a longer length then the average action/shooter this year, but out side of the main game there's nothing to do.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Only 15 hours? lol... what did you do after that? played its Halo-like-godlike MP? Oh wait....

SODRChief
I think he ment as in "I only...was able to finish GoW1 and wasn't able to complete GoW2"
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#8 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I guess it all depends. I know I did GoW 1 in about 10 hours. Don't know about GoW2.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

GoW 1 & 2 both lasted about 8 hours each for me, which is pretty comparable to most action games this generation.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

i think 8-10 hours is a good length, long games usually suck

kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
gow2 is alot longer
mand_450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 mand_450
Member since 2005 • 278 Posts

It took me about 15 hours to finish the first game only. 15 HOURS!!! and wasn't able to finish GoW2 before the kids came back home.
Very few games of this generation take more than 10 hours to playthrough.

mithrixx

That is really just a pretty average lenght for a game really. I consider 15 hour long games a short one really. And there are alot of long games this gen which last far beyond 10 hours, like rpgs, open-world games etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
I think half the people in this thread are talking about God of War and the other half are talking about Gears of War
mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
I think half the people in this thread are talking about God of War and the other half are talking about Gears of WarNuck81
It doesn't matter what people think... It matters what you think....
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
God of War I took me about 10 hours, while the second one took me about 13 hours. I was a young gamer at the time, too, so I could've probably done it faster. They really aren't long at all. If you want a long game, play a JRPG or WRPG. I also want to point out that Resident Evil 5 took me about 12 hours, and that's as a more experienced gamer. So I have to say that it is longer than the original God of War. Probably the same length as God of War II if you factor in me getting better at games.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
God of War I took me about 10 hours, while the second one took me about 13 hours. I was a young gamer at the time, too, so I could've probably done it faster. They really aren't long at all. If you want a long game, play a JRPG or WRPG. I also want to point out that Resident Evil 5 took me about 12 hours, and that's as a more experienced gamer. So I have to say that it is longer than the original God of War. Probably the same length as God of War II if you factor in me getting better at games.DeathScape666
God of War I took me about 10 hours, while the second one took me about 13 hours. I was a young gamer at the time, too, so I could've probably done it faster. They really aren't long at all. If you want a long game, play a JRPG or WRPG. I also want to point out that Resident Evil 5 took me about 12 hours, and that's as a more experienced gamer. So I have to say that it is longer than the original God of War. Probably the same length as God of War II if you factor in me getting better at games.DeathScape666
yeah try a jrpg Final Fantasy 7 = 40+ hours and that was a ps1 game????