Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@finalstar2007: yeah, I read it and came away wondering what the hell he was talking about as well. Oh well, it's on here, so it must not be important.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Direct X 12 Star Citizen *Drools*

that would be awesome!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@IgGy621985: That's a very ignorant look at the circumstances behind DX10.

But is true Wesdie MS always promise great performance with new API and ways something fails.

PC had horrible draw calls,that didn't stop PC games from looking way better than console ones and running faster to at much higher resolution,so draw calls in the end weren't the limiting factor it was make to be,now is the bread and butter basically of DX12,so will this bring new era of gaming.? Because improvement have always been there on PC regardless of how bad draw calls were on PC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos:

There are workarounds for PC's draw calls i.e. batching and instancing (copy and paste 3D objects) but they have their own disadvantages.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@Motokid6 said:

@Heil68: That would be subjective. An opinion. Just like it's my opinion that consoles and console games are trash. Your more then welcome to think the same about pc, but refraim from trying to pass off your opinion as a fact. Because it isn't.

Its not my opinion, but GS scores..you know the forum you're posting on. PC has no perfect 10/10 games nor a GOTY exclusive in the last decade +.

No, you need consoles for the best games the industry has to offer.

the same website that gave TLOU an 8 and snubbed it for GOTY, causing sony fans to lose their shit and call for people to get fired

Not me. SONY cant win every GOTY or even wining an unprecedented amount of them last gen was really SONY being synonymous with world class, high scoring gaming.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

PC gets the best version of every game. You can play with your controller in your living room with Steam Big Picture if you really have no pride. But I don't want to miss out on console exclusives. People's arguments seem to be that "Only Nintendo exclusives and Bloodborne matter on consoles". You guys have raised your standards too high. You don't need to be rocking a 90+ metacritic beast to have fun with your games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@bobrossperm: far too much of SW seems to think otherwise

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

There are workarounds for PC's draw calls i.e. batching and instancing (copy and paste 3D objects) but they have their own disadvantages.

Is not only batching the thing is most games don't go for ultra high draw calls,and they vary from game to game.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 BobRossPerm
@lostrib said:

@bobrossperm: far too much of SW seems to think otherwise

It's unhealthy really. It's like people who only like Jazz and turn their nose up at anything less complex. But what should I expect? This is a hard core gaming forum. You will find mirroring results in all fanatic forums in any medium.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By ronvalencia

@waahahah:

On XBO's GCN, there's two graphics command units (GCU).

On PC's GCN, there's only one known GCU i.e. concurrent multiple threads (draw calls) alternate to feed the GPU, hence DICE has stated Mantle can simulate AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering) crossfire on a single GCN. The potential bottleneck is at GPU's GCU, but R9-290X's GCU can handle very high draw calls as shown from 3DMarks' API overhead benchmark. R9-290X's GCU is big enough to saturate the rest of the GPU. I haven't factored in DirectX12's ASync features.

On DX11, multiple deferred context draw calls threads gets serialized into a primary user thread hence the bottleneck.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#164  Edited By True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

PC gets the best version of every game. You can play with your controller in your living room with Steam Big Picture if you really have no pride. But I don't want to miss out on console exclusives. People's arguments seem to be that "Only Nintendo exclusives and Bloodborne matter on consoles". You guys have raised your standards too high. You don't need to be rocking a 90+ metacritic beast to have fun with your games.

And still if PS4 got all exclusives ALL and lost FIFA/CoD and GTA to xbone PS4 would be a DEAD CONSOLE....

Reality is harsh indeed

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos:

3DMarks's API overhead benchmark's massive city scape geometry is just a glimpse for future games. I rather have massive city scape geometry instead of wasting geometry power on tessellated(geometry amplification) objects. Massive city scape scenes that you can't visit is last gen games.

These are real geometry being driven from the CPU.

Anandtech has their article for 3DMarks's API overhead benchmark.

From http://www.anandtech.com/show/9112/exploring-dx12-3dmark-api-overhead-feature-test/2

Some changes from last Anandtech's Star swarm article...

One bit of good news is that DirectX 12 support on AMD GCN 1.0 cards is up and running here, as opposed to the issues we ran into last month with Star Swarm

Meanwhile we see a reduction in gains going from the 290X to the 285 and finally to the 7970. As we mentioned earlier we appear to be command processor limited, and each one of these progressively weaker GPUs appears to contain a similarly weaker command processor. Still, even the “lowly” 7970 can push 11.6M draw calls per second, which is a 10.5x (order of magnitude) increase in draw call performance over DirectX 11.

The general rule, larger GPU has larger graphics command processor.

R9-285 seems to have R9-290X's graphics command processor which is different from 7970.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#166 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Wasdie: The console advantage has always been with the games

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

games and gfx is the pc advantage

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

This dx12 performance... must not fap!

RIP consolites. 4k 120fps star citizen here we come!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@-God- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

graphics yes, games no. I prefer console games personally. Also the highest praised game ever with GOTY awards is a console exclusive in The Last Of Us

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By -God-

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-God- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

graphics yes, games no. I prefer console games personally. Also the highest praised game ever with GOTY awards is a console exclusive in The Last Of Us

You said games. Plural. PC has exponentially more 80%+ than any one console. One qte movie game means jack.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@-God- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-God- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You said games. Plural. PC has exponentially more 80%+ than any one console. One qte movie game means jack.

The only reason that game got GOTY is because there was nothing else worth playing at the time and all the Sony consolers were eating it up because of the lack of half-way decent exclusive games. They plastered the forums and polls. No game should ever get a 10/10 with obvious issues and flaws. It was over hyped and overrated.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#172 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Wasn't there criticism that even though DX12 would give the Xbox One a performance boost that it might be too bothersome for developers to work with it specifically for Xbox One games at the expense of resources going toward ports of other leading platforms? But, if PC games start utilizing DX12 to boost their performance too, then in that sense it wouldn't cause developers who utilize DX12 to cater to one platform, right? And wasn't one benefit for DX12 that it would make PC/X1 multiplatform development easier? If this is the case, I think it'd be a very good thing for both the PC and Xbox One. Obviously, the PC would have the clear advantage, but if it really is nothing to co-develop Xbox One ports in the process then I think that has the potential to work out well on the Xbox One's end.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 The_Last_Ride

@-God- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@-God- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You're showing ignorance when you call it that

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 The_Last_Ride

@04dcarraher said:

@-God- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

The only reason that game got GOTY is because there was nothing else worth playing at the time and all the Sony consolers were eating it up because of the lack of half-way decent exclusive games. They plastered the forums and polls. No game should ever get a 10/10 with obvious issues and flaws. It was over hyped and overrated.

GTA V, Link B Bioshock Infniite, Dota 2, Brothers, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed IV, Rayman Legends, Hotline Miami, Diablo 3, Ni No Kuni, DMC, Guacamelee, Spelunky, Injustice, Fire Emblem, Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing, etc do you want me to go on? You're showing your ignorance and misinformed opinion

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#175 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56086 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@finalstar2007: @Buckhannah: Spoken like true console gamers.

You said that as if it's a bad thing.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 BobRossPerm
@True_Gamer_ said:

@bobrossperm said:

And still if PS4 got all exclusives ALL and lost FIFA/CoD and GTA to xbone PS4 would be a DEAD CONSOLE....

Reality is harsh indeed

You could say that for any platform. GTA is more popular on PS consoles anyway, and the fact is, both PS4 and Xbox One get FIFA and CoD, and Xbox even markets it like an exclusive, yet it sells substantially more on PS4.

However, what does that have to do with anything? I said people should play games that aren't just 90+ metacritic giants.

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#177 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@04dcarraher said:

GTA V, Link B Bioshock Infniite, Dota 2, Brothers, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed IV, Rayman Legends, Hotline Miami, Diablo 3, Ni No Kuni, DMC, Guacamelee, Spelunky, Injustice, Fire Emblem, Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing, etc do you want me to go on? You're showing your ignorance and misinformed opinion

is that PC games list or consoles?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#179 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
@rekthard said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@04dcarraher said:

lol 99% of those games are also on other platforms so their nothing special to praise about.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I remember what it was like when mummy only bought you one console.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@rekthard said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@04dcarraher said:

console of course

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 The_Last_Ride

@04dcarraher: Ni No Kuni, Link Between Worlds, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Last Of Us, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, etc are all on pc`?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 lostrib

@The_Last_Ride said:

@rekthard said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@04dcarraher said:

console of course

...you listed DOTA 2

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By -God-

@The_Last_Ride said:

Anyways, PC has the games/gfx advantage this and last gen. Objectively speaking.

But yes when you combine all 3 consoles, they did have the games advantage last gen. But 3vs1 is kinda bleh.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 The_Last_Ride

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@rekthard said:

console of course

...you listed DOTA 2

It was a rebutal of games that came out that year compared to Last Of Us... Saying Last Of Us had nothing to go up against

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 The_Last_Ride

@-God- said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Anyways, PC has the games/gfx advantage this and last gen. Objectively speaking.

But yes when you combine all 3 consoles, they did have the games advantage last gen. But 3vs1 is kinda bleh.

Not when PC is an open platform

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 lostrib

@The_Last_Ride: then why did you say it's a console list

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 The_Last_Ride

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride: then why did you say it's a console list

From the ones i mentioned after in the post, the original post was a retort

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

Even though I have a shitty computer this is fucking awesome!