Good news for the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Infinatey
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts

http://n4g.com/News-31612.aspx

"Some games once considered XBOX 360 exclusives will now be heading over to the PS3". Of course, the level of this will depend on the games.....I'm hoping for Bioshock, which started multiplatform but microsoft paid for exclusivness (rumor has it that is was only a timed exclusive). I'd like Mass Effect to come over, it looks promising, but it's being published by microsoft. However, Bioware could have threatened microsoft by cancelling the project if microsoft wouldn't let them bring it over to the PS3 (possible?).

What games that are not 1st party, that are currently microsoft exclusives that you'd like to see over on the PS3?

lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
all of them
terrellpakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 terrellpakeman
Member since 2003 • 1326 Posts
Any Xbox 360 game ported to the PS3 will always be at least .1 higher rated. That's a fact.
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Infinatey
Any Xbox 360 game ported to the 360 will always be at least .1 higher rated. That's a fact.terrellpakeman
uh? I think you meant PS3. And I assume you say this because it's game spot?
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts
Any Xbox 360 game ported to the 360 will always be at least .1 higher rated. That's a fact.terrellpakeman
mass effet wont go to ps3 since ms owns the rights.
strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 strahd01
Member since 2003 • 2440 Posts
i see bioshock. it was already announced it could be made on a ps3 and i think the GI preview even said ps3
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

DOA games :?

Table Tennis :| 

Lost Planet , Dead Risng

Mass Effect isn't coming , Bioware is making a different game for the ps3 (probably Kotor III)

Barknip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Barknip
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts
i own a 360 and im not getting a ps3, but im deffinatly happy with this news. i believe strongly in multi platform games. good luck ps3!
viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
Mass Effect and Bioshock are ten gazillion times better than MGS4.  And I doubt they will be coming to PS3.  But if they do come to PS3, they will need to be downgraded a lot.
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts
if bioshock was announced for the ps3 it wont be a shocker..since it was announced for ps3 from the start and supposly it was cancel..lol....mass effect that will be big news if it did come to the ps3...but bioware did say they are workin on a ps3 title..i dont know i guess we have to wait and see...capcom games wouldnt be a big surprise for me either..
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts
" CONSIDERED "  means thought to be.  they had no confirmation. so id say no to mass effect or bioshock. prob. NG2. and Huxley.
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Infinatey
Mass Effect and Bioshock are ten gazillion times better than MGS4.  And I doubt they will be coming to PS3.  But if they do come to PS3, they will need to be downgraded a lot.viper7721
jelous fanboy?
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts
i think blue dragon will be the bigger news..but i dont  think its coming since its publish my microsoft..
vitonemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 vitonemesis
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts

Mass Effect and Bioshock are ten gazillion times better than MGS4.  And I doubt they will be coming to PS3.  But if they do come to PS3, they will need to be downgraded a lot.viper7721

keep dreaming

syedahmeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 syedahmeds
Member since 2005 • 293 Posts

lol, did u knw tht microsoft hired certain people just to shrink mass effect  to fit on one disc and they also had to minimize some stuff and its a fact that PS3 is more powerfull  then 360, dont agree? well look at motorstorm it was almost a launch title. it will take somtime before u culd see the real potiental of PS3 since it only launched 5 months ago while 360 17 monhts.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="viper7721"]Mass Effect and Bioshock are ten gazillion times better than MGS4.  And I doubt they will be coming to PS3.  But if they do come to PS3, they will need to be downgraded a lot.Infinatey
jelous fanboy?

LMFAO....he said, "But if they do come to PS3, they will need to be downgraded a lot." Funniest thing I have heard all day.:lol:

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

Mass Effect?

LMFAO, can't believe people are even THINKING about that game when they hear "possible X360 exclusives considered for PS3".

It's Lost Planet or Dead Rising.
Bioshock.,..not sure, isn't it published by MS? Correct me if I'm wrong.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ironcreed

lol, did u knw tht microsoft hired certain people just to shrink mass effect  to fit on one disc and they also had to minimize some stuff and its a fact that PS3 is more powerfull  then 360, dont agree? well look at motorstorm it was almost a launch title. it will take somtime before u culd see the real potiental of PS3 since it only launched 5 months ago while 360 17 monhts.

syedahmeds

I think that given the sheer size and scope of Mass Effect, Bioware would be foolish not to try and get it over to the PS3. All that Blu Ray space is just BEGGING for a game like that. Not saying that it will happen, but I believe that a title like Mass Effect would be MUCH better served on the PS3, as it would allow the devs. all of the room in they would ever need to do everything that they wanted to do with this game.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
good thing 360 has a lot of solid 1st party titles .. halo, gears, RARE games
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ironcreed

Mass Effect?

LMFAO, can't believe people are even THINKING about that game when they hear "possible X360 exclusives considered for PS3".

ToScA-

I think some people (such as myself) were just speculating on what it would be like, and HOPING that Mass Effect would be released on the PS3, but in all probablity, it will never see the light of day on the PS3. It would definitely be a the kind of title that would be absolutely terrific on the PS3 though.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
I wouldn't be shocked to see Bioshock go to the PS3. Its published by 2K Games instead of MS. Oh and people said if Oblivion came to the PS3 it would have to be downgraded a lot but it didn't get downgraded at all ;)
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
Most likely lost planet, dead rising or bioshock.
mentzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mentzer
Member since 2007 • 1242 Posts

[QUOTE="terrellpakeman"]Any Xbox 360 game ported to the 360 will always be at least .1 higher rated. That's a fact.mirlegend

Mass Effect is owned by Bioware, not MS.

Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Infinatey
good thing 360 has a lot of solid 1st party titles .. halo, gears, RARE gamesakif22
Gears is a 2nd party title by the way. And what are you smoking? Microsoft's 1st party games absolutly suck, rare has gone downhill and banjo kazooie 3 will be the only thing that might make me change my mind about them. Halo sucks IMO....ensemble is doing Halo Wars which might be pretty good....FASA is ok, nothing great...lionhead has really only done fable which sucked......and turn10 is pretty good. Sony and nintendo have good 1st party games.
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Infinatey

If it's ANYTHING from bioware I will flip. They make great quality games and are by far the best canadian developer team. A new jade empire, KOTOR, or Mass Effect for the PS3, will blow losing DMC4 right out of the water.

If it's Bioshock IT WILL BE FREAKING AWESOME. I'd rather have mass effect, but this game looks epic to.

Alan wake will be ok.....I'd rather have silent hill 5, Fatal frame 4, or new siren.

I couldn't care less if the games were only dead rising or lost planet......those games sucked so bad.

Splinter cell 5 would be "meh".....I couldn't care less, MGS4 is way better.

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts

[QUOTE="mirlegend"][QUOTE="terrellpakeman"]Any Xbox 360 game ported to the 360 will always be at least .1 higher rated. That's a fact.mentzer

Mass Effect is owned by Bioware, not MS.

I would laugh so hard. That would be perfect Karma for mocking the PS3. It could be possible after all Lemmings did lose Oblivion. 

RBlair21088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RBlair21088
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts
[QUOTE="syedahmeds"]

ironcreed

I think that given the sheer size and scope of Mass Effect, Bioware would be foolish not to try and get it over to the PS3. All that Blu Ray space is just BEGGING for a game like that. Not saying that it will happen, but I believe that a title like Mass Effect would be MUCH better served on the PS3, as it would allow the devs. all of the room in they would ever need to do everything that they wanted to do with this game.

They already have 100+ planets in the game on 1 dvd. why do they need blu-ray again?

(^^rhetorical question btw)

KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

http://n4g.com/News-31612.aspx

"Some games once considered XBOX 360 exclusives will now be heading over to the PS3". Of course, the level of this will depend on the games.....I'm hoping for Bioshock, which started multiplatform but microsoft paid for exclusivness (rumor has it that is was only a timed exclusive). I'd like Mass Effect to come over, it looks promising, but it's being published by microsoft. However, Bioware could have threatened microsoft by cancelling the project if microsoft wouldn't let them bring it over to the PS3 (possible?).

What games that are not 1st party, that are currently microsoft exclusives that you'd like to see over on the PS3?

Infinatey
I highly doubt any 2nd party games will make the multiplatform jump in the near future, making Mass Effect pretty unlikely. I'd say the most likely games that would go multiplat in the near future (of the ones people are currently discussing) would be Bioshock or Dead Rising II. Kotor 3 is a possibility, but the dev team hasn't even been named for that yet (at least according to lucas arts).
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

all of themlazzordude

Cuz you really need games. 

gamefreak5590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamefreak5590
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts
what world are you living in. 360 and ps3 graphics are equal. Gears is the only game on the 360 the beats ps3 games as far as graphics. And guess what, it used the unreal engine. To my understanding there is no game currently on the ps3 using unreal. I think bioshock will be mutiplat as well as lost planet, dead rising. No surprise in capcom DMC came to 360. why wouldn't all their games go mutiplat
gamefreak5590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamefreak5590
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts
what world are you living in. 360 and ps3 graphics are equal. Gears is the only game on the 360 the beats ps3 games as far as graphics. And guess what, it used the unreal engine. To my understanding there is no game currently on the ps3 using unreal. I think bioshock will be mutiplat as well as lost planet, dead rising. No surprise in capcom DMC came to 360. why wouldn't all their games go mutiplat
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

Mass Effect?

ironcreed

I think some people (such as myself) were just speculating on what it would be like, and HOPING that Mass Effect would be released on the PS3, but in all probablity, it will never see the light of day on the PS3. It would definitely be a the kind of title that would be absolutely terrific on the PS3 though.

Nass Effect would be terrific on any console:D

lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts
When was it stated that Bioware was making anything for the ps3?  This the second time I've heard the rumor but I've seen nothing about it and didn't get a response the first time.