God of War PC becomes the highest day 1 sale wise & highest concurrent users for PlayStation!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56339 Posts

Coming from Eurogamer regarding God of War PC best Sony's hit on Steam We're talking almost 60,000 players on Steam in just 24 hours (including me) since its release to Steam. But I don't know if they'll combine the sales with EGS since God of War is on a single platform PC.

As Matt summarised for us yesterday, God of War is the third first-party PlayStation game to launch for PC so far - Horizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone arrived last year, and the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is still to come. And the good news is Sony Santa Monica has done a cracking job managing the transition to PC, with Digital Foundry calling the port "simply sensational" in its recent analysis.

However, God of War's creative director Cory Barlog recently said he had "no idea" if the arrival of God of War on PC might mean its upcoming sequel - Ragnarok - would make the jump from PlayStation in a more timely fashion.

"Right now, we're taking it one game at a time, kind of looking at each one and determining, 'Okay, is this the best thing?'", he explained. "And we'll gauge how it does. Do people enjoy it? Did we do it right? Is there anything we did wrong? What can we do better in the future if we do this again? But at the end of the day, ultimately, it's Sony's decision.

No doubt Sony themselves are happy with the sales and praises. Even myself I can say the PC port is freaking amazing, I'm soooo enjoying it more so only because the higher framerates with Nvidia reflex boost really makes the game more fun, and response time is a Godsend.

Sony is slowly learning what people have been telling them all along. Bringing good games to PC will be profitable. As long as the port is good, at least equal to the PS version. PC players don't like to feel short-changed or second rate there's no reason not to do it. (I really hope Sony considers bringing Ragnarock asap to PC after PS5 releases.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Heck yeah. And I got mine for free, but I played it on Steam too. This is great news, more Sony games on PC the better.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Yeah, even before launch I was already hearing that God of War's pre-order numbers had already left HZD and Days Gone in the dust. Three out of three commercial successes for Sony so far. More ports are surely inevitable.

As for myself, I generally liked what I played so far. It can take a while to get going, but once it does, the combat is meaty and satisfying. Very good port, too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46547 Posts

I have it sitting in my account but waiting on the devs to patch in exclusive fullscreen.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

After HZD and Days Gone it's great to see Sony finally releasing a good game on PC.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

It will make the jump he doesn't say anything because he wants people to double dip. Bet the game will be in PC gamers hands a year in.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

"PlayStation games will never go to pc"

Cows claims about their precious exclusives,don't let them move the goalposts now that they have no games

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58463 Posts

I hope these successes inspire publishers and developers to drop lame exclusivity practices and make more quality ports and multiplatform releases.

What's good for the consumer is in turn good for the publisher. A lesson I think they forget.

@ghost_of_phobos said:

After HZD and Days Gone it's great to see Sony finally releasing a good game on PC.

Would love to see an Infamous "Collection" come to PC eventually. There's a large backlog of Sony games that they could remake/remaster for both PC and PS5 simultaneously that would be very profitable and allow people to either revisit their favorite games or play them for the first time on their platform of choice.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70212 Posts

Well, Playstation exclusivity is official done. 😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45396 Posts

Not surprised, this game sold 20 million copies on console. It's hugely popular.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9889 Posts

There is just nothing like it on PC so I can see why it sells. The game is a great combination of story driven with a faily complex/punishing combat system if you want it to be.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Nice. I'm excited to play it at some point!

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Warm_Gun  Online
Member since 2021 • 2482 Posts

@simple-facts said:

"PlayStation games will never go to pc"

Cows claims about their precious exclusives,don't let them move the goalposts now that they have no games

This is what happens when you keep making games that cost 120 to 150 million dollars to make and not enough people are buying your consoles anymore. It was inevitable.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3743 Posts

Did the ps4 see higher sales day one when it came out for that?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Nice, the best version of God of War is on doing well on PC!

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

When are we gonna get Ratchet & Clank? I loved the original trilogy on PS2 and played Tools Of Destruction on a cousin's PS3. I'm willing to give the reboot a go even though it doesn't carry the same themes and humor of the original series.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

Launching within few days of monster hunter rise prob took some numbers away

(Rise peaked at 135k concurrent, making it Capcoms 2nd most succey PC launch)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

All this tells us is that hermits are massive hypocrites. When a game is not available on their system, they call it being a shitty movie, but when it does come out on their platform, they jump on it day one and forget they ever called it a movie game.

You were just jealous of the quality Sony is able to produce, knowing damn well it won't be available on your pc. Look at them salivating for TLOU2, and when/if it does come out on pc, they'll all forget the SJW talk they all had for over a year now😂

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 madrocketeer
@NoodleFighter said:

When are we gonna get Ratchet & Clank? I loved the original trilogy on PS2 and played Tools Of Destruction on a cousin's PS3. I'm willing to give the reboot a go even though it doesn't carry the same themes and humor of the original series.

I have that at 40% on my odds board. Considering the target audience, I'm not sure Sony think there's an audience for that on PC, and so far nothing public suggests Insomniac is one of the "Naggers" Cory Barlog mentioned. I'm not optimistic.

@howmakewood said:

Launching within few days of monster hunter rise prob took some numbers away

(Rise peaked at 135k concurrent, making it Capcoms 2nd most succey PC launch)

Eh. It will be a superstar in the sales for years to come, just like I predicted with HZD.

@hardwenzen said:

All this tells us is that hermits are massive hypocrites. When a game is not available on their system, they call it being a shitty movie, but when it does come out on their platform, they jump on it day one and forget they ever called it a movie game.

You were just jealous of the quality Sony is able to produce, knowing damn well it won't be available on your pc. Look at them salivating for TLOU2, and when/if it does come out on pc, they'll all forget the SJW talk they all had for over a year now😂

Well yeah, System Wars is not real life, and a platform with 150 million+ active users on Steam alone is not monolithic.

Personally, I've always spoken positively about Sony's commitment to narrative-driven single player games. I have also mentioned a few times that I have a policy of not taking seriously the opinions of anyone who uses the term "movie game" unironically.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#20 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

This is great, if Sony realizes they can make a lot of money from releasing good PC versions of their games its a win-win.

definitely holding off on getting a PS5 until we know more about their long-term approach to PC support

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

The peak increased to 73.5K by the way.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

Please stop playing the game.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Man, MS must be trembling with fear right about now , because just came with the 1,2 jab and about to knock out Xbox brand with a finishing blow.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 madrocketeer

@hardwenzen:

Just did.

Because I'm tired. I'll continue tomorrow.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen

@madrocketeer said:

@hardwenzen:

Just did.

Because I'm tired. I'll continue tomorrow.

There is no need to keep on watching this movie. Why not just stick to PC exclusives such as Star Citizen?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By madrocketeer

@hardwenzen:

Because Total War: Warhammer III won't release until next month, and I fully expect Chris Roberts to start selling NFTs.

Edit: hold on, checking Google... ...nope, he's not selling NFTs yet - but it seems inevitable.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#27 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

Glad you're enjoying it!

More games that come to PC is a win-win.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:

I played a few minutes, its super boring. Is this what the super casuals (aka Sony fans) always brag about?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

I played a few minutes, its super boring. Is this what the super casuals (aka Sony fans) always brag about?

Don't ask questions. Thank you for stopping, and i hope you don't look forward to future Sony titles.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zaryia
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

Don't ask questions. Thank you for stopping, and i hope you don't look forward to future Sony titles.

I only want them for the internet meta game. For example, I can go to any online community and state for a fact PC won last gen. Likely will happen this gen too.

Don't care for the actual game, these Sony trashfests are designed for people who don't like or play video games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

I only want them for the internet meta game. For example, I can go to any online community and state for a fact PC won last gen. Likely will happen this gen too.

Don't care for the actual game, these Sony trashfests are designed for people who don't like or play video games.

I see that you're pretending yet again. I guess that me calling you hermits as hypocrites have actually done some damage.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

I see that you're pretending yet again. I guess that me calling you hermits as hypocrites have actually done some damage.

The only damage is damage control of PC getting Piss Station's best games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:

I understand you're used to lying to others, but for the love of god, at least stop lying to yourself.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

I understand you're used to lying to others, but for the love of god, at least stop lying to yourself.

Don't use that tone with me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@zaryia: I will stop, but only if you stop purchasing Sony games and go back to the politics section. What do you think?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46547 Posts

It's up to 70k now

Boy!

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#37 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Sony should stop teasing and release the following games on PC already:

• God of War original Series Collection
  • Metal Gear Solid Complete collection (Including MGS4)
  • Uncharted original Trilogy
  • Spiderman + Miles Morales
  • Killzone Trilogy
  • Infamous Collection
  • Ratchet and Clank Collection (including the Future series)
  • Jak Collection (Including Jak X, Daxter and Lost Frontier)
  • Sly Cooper Collection
  • Xenosaga Trilogy
  • Persona 5 Royal
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#38 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59266 Posts

The lesson here is.

Something.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8310 Posts

Well deserved 👍🏽

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

Cool.

Now OG trilogy pls.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56339 Posts

@madrocketeer said:
@NoodleFighter said:

I have that at 40% on my odds board. Considering the target audience, I'm not sure Sony think there's an audience for that on PC, and so far nothing public suggests Insomniac is one of the "Naggers" Cory Barlog mentioned. I'm not optimistic.

Came here to say something similar. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for a possible PC port is very low and not a very demanding title anyone is asking for. Others like Returnal, Ghost of Tsushima, Forbidden West, and even Spider-Man are in-demanding for PC ports. Ratchet & Clank however isn't one of them.

@madrocketeer said:

@hardwenzen said:

Well yeah, System Wars is not real life, and a platform with 150 million+ active users on Steam alone is not monolithic.

Personally, I've always spoken positively about Sony's commitment to narrative-driven single player games. I have also mentioned a few times that I have a policy of not taking seriously the opinions of anyone who uses the term "movie game" unironically.

And that's the problem for most people here. The correct term is really cinematic-driven games and I don't like using movie games cause it feels like a sling word if you ask me.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:

go back to the politics section

Kid i been posting at SW b4 u were born.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

go back to the politics section

Kid i been posting at SW b4 u were born.

Okay Mr 2016 account. Probably made it the day Trump won.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Looks and runs great on my 3090 on ultra.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7275 Posts

funny how most pc gamers in here was saying dad of war and yet soon as it came to pc they flocked to it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9421 Posts

I'm sure Sony hears this loud and clear.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

It's a good game but would be alot better without the annoying kid.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

Just bought it today; excited to jump back in again. Ultrawide 😎