God of War: Omega Edition

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

I just saw this on playstationlifestyle. I hope they release a version without the statue and art-book since that would actually be awesome. Anyway here's the monster:

A collection of all the existing God of War games has been outed via the God of War Omega edition.

The God of War Omega Edition ? which appears to only be slated for parts of Europe ? includes (via Playfront):

• God of War Collection ? includes remastered HD version of God of War andGod of War II
  • God of War Collection Volume II ? includes remastered version of PSP titlesGod of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  • God of War 3
  • Bronze statue of Kratos
  • Steel-bookcase
  • Special artwork

The God of War Omega edition is currently scheduled for a release sometime during November, 2012. A price, however, has yet to be revealed by Sony.

Meanwhile, all of theaforementionedtitles have a combined sales total of 21 million units sold. God of War 3 is the most commercially successful installment in the franchise thus far with over 5 million units sold.

God of War: Ascension, the next major iteration of the IP which will introduce a multiplayer component, is due for a release on March 12th, 2013.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/06/18/god-of-war-omega-edition-outed-includes-all-five-titles-kratos-statue/

This would actually be a nice bunde for those who haven't yet played the GOW franchise or only played the third game - if the price is right of couse. The statue is awesome though. :)

#2 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9769 posts) -
eh..... no... I already have those games, just give me GOW:A
#3 Posted by Heil68 (44656 posts) -
I thought that was the CE edition of God of War: Ascension..bummer.
#4 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
I thought that was the CE edition of God of War: Ascension..bummer. Heil68
Im sure there'll be another mega bundle with GOW:A since that's what they did when GOW3 released.
#5 Posted by Swift_Boss_A (14579 posts) -

Not enough new content and how many times are they going to bundle the previous GOW games? There's like 10 already. I'll just take the standard GOWA copy.

#6 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7472 posts) -

Good God how many times can Sony sell the same games to you fanboys and you still drink in that milk. They take away BC so they can resell PS2 and PS1 games and you brag about that as if it is a good thing. They release PS1/PS2 collections and you brag about them also. And stuff like this also. You Sony fanboys are so determined to support Sony you will keep buying the same game over and over again.

#7 Posted by casharmy (6833 posts) -

a little too much..

spiltmilk2ow5uc.gif

#8 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
Good God how many times can Sony sell the same games to you fanboys and you still drink in that milk. They take away BC so they can resell PS2 and PS1 games and you brag about that. They release PS1/PS2 collections and you brag about them. And stuff like this also. You Sony fanboys are so determined to support Sony you will keep buying the same game over and over again.CanYouDiglt
How else would they pad their exclusive list?
#9 Posted by Heil68 (44656 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]I thought that was the CE edition of God of War: Ascension..bummer. danish-death
Im sure there'll be another mega bundle with GOW:A since that's what they did when GOW3 released.

Hope so. I got the CE edition of GOW3 and it was awesome.
#10 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

Good God how many times can Sony sell the same games to you fanboys and you still drink in that milk. They take away BC so they can resell PS2 and PS1 games and you brag about that as if it is a good thing. They release PS1/PS2 collections and you brag about them also. And stuff like this also. You Sony fanboys are so determined to support Sony you will keep buying the same game over and over again.

CanYouDiglt
so for people who've never played the GOW franchise, would this still be bad?
#11 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7472 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

danish-death

Only if they live in a country that does not allow the sale of used games. Hell I bet you could buy all those games new cheaper. I also like how they add in a psp game to try and increase those sales. Go ahead and keep justifying Sony rehashing of games though your check is in the mail.

#12 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

That bronze statue looks beast!

#13 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

CanYouDiglt

Only if they live in a country that does not allow the sale of used games. Go ahead and keep justifying Sony rehashing of games though your check is in the mail.

Justify? Sony can do whatever the hell they want for all I care lol. Yes I would've prefered if BC was an option for the PS3, but that would only leave us with 2 games that can already be bought dirt cheap regardless if they're new or used (the PS2 games). Then we have GOW3 + GOW Origins (PSP versions). WHY is this a particular bad deal (if the price is right) since it's only 2 of the games that are from last gen and two of them that haven't been playable on the PS3 until last year or so? Tell me how having BC for the PS3 will make me able to play GOW Origins? Bonus question - why does this bother you anyway?
#14 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Statue looks good. Better than most collectors editions.

#15 Posted by djshowstopper87 (451 posts) -

CanYouDiglt

Ha ha ha this comming from a 360 fanboy (I assume). You guys can't even talk MS milks the same four games every year Halo, Forza, Fable, Gears and along with Call of Duty and you guys eat it up. So you guys buy the same freaking games over and over again as well. At least Sony has VARIETY in their exclusives line up UNLIKE MS.

#16 Posted by OhSnapitz (18412 posts) -
..bu...but. M$ milks the franchises :roll:
#17 Posted by Swift_Boss_A (14579 posts) -

..bu...but. M$ milks the franchises :roll:OhSnapitz

That's not milking. This bundle is clearly for those who haven't bought a GOW title and Sony wants more people into the franchise before Ascension releases. Milking is when devs abuse DLC or release a game annually, none of which has happened to GOW yet. The 3rd one released in 2010, and prequel releasing 3 years later.

#18 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7472 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="danish-death"] so for people who've never played the GOW franchise, would this still be bad?danish-death
Only if they live in a country that does not allow the sale of used games. Go ahead and keep justifying Sony rehashing of games though your check is in the mail.

Justify? Sony can do whatever the hell they want for all I care lol. Yes I would've prefered if BC was an option for the PS3, but that would only leave us with 2 games that can already be bought dirt cheap regardless if they're new or used (the PS2 games). Then we have GOW3 + GOW Origins (PSP versions). WHY is this a particular bad deal (if the price is right) since it's only 2 of the games that are from last gen and two of them that haven't been playable on the PS3 until last year or so? Tell me how having BC for the PS3 will make me able to play GOW Origins? Bonus question - why does this bother you anyway?

It does not really bother me but it is tiresome to keep seeing Sony spoon feed the same games over and over and the Sony fanboys on here go on and on about how great it is. Funny how they call Halo milked but yet how many version of GoW have there been. I mean heck GoW 1 was released in what 4 different ways now?

#19 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Good God how many times can Sony sell the same games to you fanboys and you still drink in that milk. They take away BC so they can resell PS2 and PS1 games and you brag about that. They release PS1/PS2 collections and you brag about them. And stuff like this also. You Sony fanboys are so determined to support Sony you will keep buying the same game over and over again.JohnnyCageMK

Collections aren't exclusives, nub.
#20 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -

[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Only if they live in a country that does not allow the sale of used games. Go ahead and keep justifying Sony rehashing of games though your check is in the mail.CanYouDiglt

It does not really bother me but it is tiresome to keep seeing Sony spoon feed the same games over and over and the Sony fanboys on here go on and on about how great it is. Funny how they call Halo milked but yet how many version of GoW have there been. I mean heck GoW 1 was released in what 4 different ways now?

Then ignore then. It's not very hard...
#21 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22131 posts) -

could have sworn i saw this just with out the previous gow games for like $80. maybe that was for centra/.south america(which is an odd descision for it be enclusive that region)

#22 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Only if they live in a country that does not allow the sale of used games. Go ahead and keep justifying Sony rehashing of games though your check is in the mail.CanYouDiglt

It does not really bother me but it is tiresome to keep seeing Sony spoon feed the same games over and over and the Sony fanboys on here go on and on about how great it is. Funny how they call Halo milked but yet how many version of GoW have there been.

While I don't care about what people call the various franchises it's not entirely unreasonable for fanboys to claim that MS has been milked this franchise.

5 Halo games (NOT counting the Halo1 remake) have been released from from 2008 - 2012/2013 (Halo 3, Wars, ODST, Reach, Halo 4). That's approximately 1 game/year. That's ONE game less than the amount of COD games released from 2008-2012.

ONE GOW game have been released on the PS3 and another one will be released next year (not counting the remakes of GOW1,2/PSP). I wouldn't exactly say that GOW is milked, but sure - there have been 2 games/platform (PS2/PSP/PS3) and now they're available on the PS3 although that's an entirely different thing.

Oh and if it's tiresome to see threads like these with offers like these wouldn't it be appropriate to .. well dunno, but how about to stay clear of them??

#23 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7472 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Good God how many times can Sony sell the same games to you fanboys and you still drink in that milk. They take away BC so they can resell PS2 and PS1 games and you brag about that. They release PS1/PS2 collections and you brag about them. And stuff like this also. You Sony fanboys are so determined to support Sony you will keep buying the same game over and over again.Chutebox

Ya because those collections are never put on 360 Vs PS3 lists. You are on here enough to have seen those games used on playstation lists and as playstation family games. Do not play the clueless role because while you are not the worst Sony fanboy you are clearly far into the Sony camp. They are PS1/PS2 games the Sony fanboys use to pad the Sony library record on here.
#24 Posted by Tikeio (5332 posts) -

Lame.

#25 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] How else would they pad their exclusive list?CanYouDiglt

Ya because those collections are never put on 360 Vs PS3 lists. You are on here enough to have seen those games used on playstation lists and as playstation family games. Do not play the clueless role because while you are not the worst Sony fanboy you are clearly far into the Sony camp. They are PS1/PS2 games the Sony fanboys use to pad the Sony library record on here.

Find me a list where the remakes have been listed? They're NOT counted among exclusives, since they're also available for another console. You're either making things up or stating what some random unknown nubs have said - something which most people just ignore, but just for the sake of it - go ahead and dig up an "official" list that people have acknowledged to contain exclusive games released for the PS3.

#26 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] How else would they pad their exclusive list?

Haha, I'm in the sony camp yet I say collections aren't exclusive. Get a clue dude. All fanboys like you and FGF do is accuse others of being a fanboy like it means anything coming from you. Just shut up and play your role, but at least know what you're talking about.
#27 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7472 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Collections aren't exclusives, nub.Chutebox

Haha, I'm in the sony camp yet I say collections aren't exclusive. Get a clue dude. All fanboys like you and FGF do is accuse others of being a fanboy like it means anything coming from you. Just shut up and play your role, but at least know what you're talking about.

You think just because you say a PS1/PS2 game is not exclusive means you are not far into the Sony camp? Are you serious? Look if you want to think your are some unbiased poster then cool since it does not bother me either way. I doubt anyone buys into your BS but whatever.

#28 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Ya because those collections are never put on 360 Vs PS3 lists. You are on here enough to have seen those games used on playstation lists and as playstation family games. Do not play the clueless role because while you are not the worst Sony fanboy you are clearly far into the Sony camp. They are PS1/PS2 games the Sony fanboys use to pad the Sony library record on here. CanYouDiglt

You think just because you say a PS1/PS2 game is not exclusive means you are not far into the Sony camp? Are you serious? Look if you want to think your are some unbiased poster then cool since it does not bother me either way. I doubt anyone buys into your BS but whatever.

Ok kid. Keep on truckin!
#29 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] Haha, I'm in the sony camp yet I say collections aren't exclusive. Get a clue dude. All fanboys like you and FGF do is accuse others of being a fanboy like it means anything coming from you. Just shut up and play your role, but at least know what you're talking about.Chutebox

Ok kid. Keep on truckin!

Fanboi y u no lrn?

:P

#30 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Just confirmed that is the ascension CE

#31 Posted by Chrome- (1663 posts) -
It's just too much you will eventually get burned out and not be able to finish the rest of the collection.
#32 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Ya because those collections are never put on 360 Vs PS3 lists. You are on here enough to have seen those games used on playstation lists and as playstation family games. Do not play the clueless role because while you are not the worst Sony fanboy you are clearly far into the Sony camp. They are PS1/PS2 games the Sony fanboys use to pad the Sony library record on here. CanYouDiglt

lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg

#34 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/11380.html God of War: Ascension Collector's Edition :D I'm getting that
#35 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

GOW now rich in Omega

_1_s25a_omega_3_fish_oil.png

#36 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

I have 2/3 of the games already so i just might get the GOW:A CE just for the Kratos statue

#37 Posted by inb4uall (5728 posts) -

CanYouDiglt

as opposed to selling faulty hardware at the begining of the gen and watching as the fanboys buy multiple consoles AND forcing its customers to pay to use the online functionality of games they have already purchased :roll:

#38 Posted by themajormayor (25797 posts) -
I might get this one since I don't have any GoW games and I was just thinking about getting them. So if it's around $100 I think it's worth it for me.
#39 Posted by themajormayor (25797 posts) -

canyoudigit is like loosingends without the lolz.

#40 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

themajormayor is like waltefmoney without the looks.

themajormayor

#41 Posted by inb4uall (5728 posts) -

I might get this one since I don't have any GoW games and I was just thinking about getting them. So if it's around $100 I think it's worth it for me.themajormayor
same. Ill see if its cheaper to get all together this way or seperately on amazon

#42 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Huh, Sony? Why are you doing this?

We already have HD Collection and another one in Volume II which includes PSP games. That's the complete God of War collection right there.

#43 Posted by hiryu3 (7304 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]eh..... no... I already have those games, just give me GOW:A

exactly but might go for collectors edition of GOW:Ac
#44 Posted by themajormayor (25797 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

waltefmoney

Someone is jelly...:cool:
#45 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

Just confirmed that is the ascension CE

Animal-Mother

Link? The Collector Edition I've seen doesn't invovle all the previous games? (:

#46 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

themajormayor

Someone is jelly...:cool:

Is it me?

#47 Posted by mems_1224 (47156 posts) -
milkage confirmed
#48 Posted by DarthBilf (1356 posts) -
I've been meaning to get into God of War, if this is released in North America then sign me up.
#49 Posted by SRTtoZ (4800 posts) -

Its very cool and I'm tempted but I already got the best Kratos Statue made.

kratos1-1.jpg

#50 Posted by cainetao11 (17599 posts) -
I will probably still buy it. Sucks I just bout the origins collection but I love GoW