God of War for PSP more officially confirmed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mahjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mahjustin
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts

One of Joystiq's bloggers was in a chat with a Sony executive. When talking about upcoming games on PSP, the exec accidentally slipped the name God of War. He was questioned further, "Wait, is this a confirmation?"

The Sony exec was obviously confused. "Yes. It's already confirmed. There was that instruction manual incident."

When asked further if the game was officially confirmed, he stated "yes" with further justification. While Sony hasn't officially unveiled the title to media outlets, it's pretty clear that it's coming ... and it's no hoax

Source: http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/11/overheard-at-gdc-07-god-of-war-psp/

Woot! Can't wait for this game!!

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
Sucks. Sony shouldn't have released the PSP. I hate hand helds and it pains me to see games go to them.
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
It better not be a port...thats all i can say...
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
Source? Heres a source for ya, BACK OF THE GOD OF WAR 2 instruction Manual. Everyone knows, i'm not that excited about it really, all i care about at the moment is gow2 for PS2. PSP version would have to undergo a lot of changes if it was to be playable on that system. Analogue sucks, it's so uncomfortable.
CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

Sucks. Sony shouldn't have released the PSP. I hate hand helds and it pains me to see games go to them.KeyWii
  You hate handhelds?  OK

This game will be amazing.  Jaffe is my hero.

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
Source? Heres a source for ya, BACK OF THE GOD OF WAR 2 instruction Manual. Everyone knows, i'm not that excited about it really, all i care about at the moment is gow2 for PS2. PSP version would have to undergo a lot of changes if it was to be playable on that system. Analogue sucks, it's so uncomfortable.Riviera_Phantom
  I'm just wondering how they're going to do this.  I mean, it's going to be a brand new story, right?  Maybe there are events between 1 and 2 that we'll be able to play.  We'll see.
PdIZZLE-PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PdIZZLE-PS3
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts
I have a psp and its a great piece of hardware but it pains me to see these half-assed ps2 ports instead of making new games. The psp does have a decent amount of great titles but not enough, this one will help though.
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts
Yeah just saw this, this game is gonna be great!
mahjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mahjustin
I have a psp and its a great piece of hardware but it pains me to see these half-assed ps2 ports instead of making new games. The psp does have a decent amount of great titles but not enough, this one will help though.PdIZZLE-PS3
You don't know that yet until they announce more details about the game. Stop assuming. I'm sure Sony realizes that people don't want ports, I'm positive that the story will be original.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]Source? Heres a source for ya, BACK OF THE GOD OF WAR 2 instruction Manual. Everyone knows, i'm not that excited about it really, all i care about at the moment is gow2 for PS2. PSP version would have to undergo a lot of changes if it was to be playable on that system. Analogue sucks, it's so uncomfortable.CR00K
  I'm just wondering how they're going to do this.  I mean, it's going to be a brand new story, right?  Maybe there are events between 1 and 2 that we'll be able to play.  We'll see.

I dont think so cuz GoW 2 takes place immediately after the first one
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts
It better not be a port...thats all i can say...HappyInvader101

the same guys who made the daxter game for psp is making GoW for psp.

Daxter was an original game, and was an excellent game as well.

it seems that sony has brought ready at dawn (the guys who are making GOW for psp) so they can make PSP games from PS2 franchises, but make them original titles.
PdIZZLE-PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PdIZZLE-PS3
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts
[QUOTE="PdIZZLE-PS3"]I have a psp and its a great piece of hardware but it pains me to see these half-assed ps2 ports instead of making new games. The psp does have a decent amount of great titles but not enough, this one will help though.mahjustin
You don't know that yet until they announce more details about the game. Stop assuming. I'm sure Sony realizes that people don't want ports, I'm positive that the story will be original.

That was bad wording by me i meant to say i hate all of the previous ports that they put on the psp but i think this is a new game so this looks promising.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Trading_Zoner
I have a psp and its a great piece of hardware but it pains me to see these half-assed ps2 ports instead of making new games. The psp does have a decent amount of great titles but not enough, this one will help though.PdIZZLE-PS3

Daxter was niether half-assed nor a port.

The guys who are making GoW for PSP made Daxter for PSP as well.

Go Figure.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
This game will suck. One analog nub and a D-pad. Oh joy.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

Sucks. Sony shouldn't have released the PSP. I hate hand helds and it pains me to see games go to them.KeyWii

Maybe Sony just made a bad handheld? Or have you always hated handhelds? I've always found handheld games a lot of fun.

Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Trading_Zoner
This game will suck. One analog nub and a D-pad. Oh joy.fatzombiepigeon

GoW has always used a fixed camera, so you don't need to control it all.

The analog nub will work just fine.
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
[QUOTE="HappyInvader101"]It better not be a port...thats all i can say...Trading_Zoner

it seems that sony has brought ready at dawn (the guys who are making GOW for psp) so they can make PSP games from PS2 franchises, but make them original titles.

Eh...Daxter was alright, very repetitive imo, i would rather have the original creators make it though instead of another company do it...
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]Source? Heres a source for ya, BACK OF THE GOD OF WAR 2 instruction Manual. Everyone knows, i'm not that excited about it really, all i care about at the moment is gow2 for PS2. PSP version would have to undergo a lot of changes if it was to be playable on that system. Analogue sucks, it's so uncomfortable.-L-U-I-S-
I'm just wondering how they're going to do this. I mean, it's going to be a brand new story, right? Maybe there are events between 1 and 2 that we'll be able to play. We'll see.

I dont think so cuz GoW 2 takes place immediately after the first one

Not immediately, Kratos and his army have already destroyed several cities and he's been the Gow for many years.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#19 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

To be honest, this is a stupid move.  Sony needs to focus on PS3 right now more than anything else.  Why spend time and money on downgrading PS2's most epic game onto the PSP when they know it won't sell very well, when they could be spending time and money making God of War ten times more epic on the PS3 where the system needs sales?  I don't understand.

mahjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mahjustin
[QUOTE="Trading_Zoner"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"]It better not be a port...thats all i can say...HappyInvader101

Eh...Daxter was alright, very repetitive imo, i would rather have the original creators make it though instead of another company do it...

Not anymore repetitive than any Mario adventure.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KeyWii

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Sucks. Sony shouldn't have released the PSP. I hate hand helds and it pains me to see games go to them.fatzombiepigeon

Maybe Sony just made a bad handheld? Or have you always hated handhelds? I've always found handheld games a lot of fun.

Handhelds are crap. They've never interested me, but it's probably because I don't do a lot of traveling where it would actually serve a point. But for all intents and purposes, hand held gaming is trumped by console gaming. It's just a very limited platform. And 90% of handheld games could have been made into better games on a console, assuming the developer is competent. But thats what I've never understood, people playing their handhelds at home.
mahjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mahjustin

To be honest, this is a stupid move.  Sony needs to focus on PS3 right now more than anything else.  Why spend time and money on downgrading PS2's most epic game onto the PSP when they know it won't sell very well, when they could be spending time and money making God of War ten times more epic on the PS3 where the system needs sales?  I don't understand.

cheezisgoooood
I don't understand why this is stupid. People are always complaining that PSP has no games, even though they have the same number of AAA titles as the DS, and ever since Monster Hunter for PSP has been selling extremely well, I think it does Sony well to have some good games out for the PSP, at least we know it's not forgotten. I'm also very interested in how Sony's going to make use of the PSP-PS3 connectivity...
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Trading_Zoner
[QUOTE="Trading_Zoner"][QUOTE="HappyInvader101"]It better not be a port...thats all i can say...HappyInvader101

naw, Insomniac is busy with ratchet and clank for PS3, which comes out Q4 2007

*edit* OOPS I meant NAUGHTY DOG is busy with Drake's fortune.

Sorry I get those games mixed up all the damn time.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Sucks. Sony shouldn't have released the PSP. I hate hand helds and it pains me to see games go to them.KeyWii

Handhelds are crap. They've never interested me, but it's probably because I don't do a lot of traveling where it would actually serve a point. But for all intents and purposes, hand held gaming is trumped by console gaming. It's just a very limited platform. And 90% of handheld games could have been made into better games on a console, assuming the developer is competent. But thats what I've never understood, people playing their handhelds at home.

They aren't crap. When I used my handhelds, most of the time I was in my own house, I could have played my consoles instead but I didn't. Handheld games have a different feel than that of consoles, but to say they don't compare to consoles or are just plan crap is quite dumb. I am not saying you have to have the taste for them, but saying everyone could be done better on a console is not right. I mean look at Pokemon, so far the heldheld beats most of the console versions.
weffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 weffer
Member since 2004 • 1004 Posts
Its gonna suffer so bad from the PSP's control. Im very surprised that its even coming out.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Sucks. Sony shouldn't have released the PSP. I hate hand helds and it pains me to see games go to them.ArisShadows

They aren't crap. When I used my handhelds, most of the time I was in my own house, I could have played my consoles instead but I didn't. Handheld games have a different feel than that of consoles, but to say they don't compare to consoles or are just plan crap is quite dumb. I am not saying you have to have the taste for them, but saying everyone could be done better on a console is not right. I mean look at Pokemon, so far the heldheld beats most of the console versions.

Yeah, reading comprehension. I said 90%... not "every game" could be done better.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
i hope its a remake since i dont own a psp and dont wanna buy it for one game.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#29 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
[QUOTE="cheezisgoooood"]

mahjustin

I don't understand why this is stupid. People are always complaining that PSP has no games, even though they have the same number of AAA titles as the DS, and ever since Monster Hunter for PSP has been selling extremely well, I think it does Sony well to have some good games out for the PSP, at least we know it's not forgotten. I'm also very interested in how Sony's going to make use of the PSP-PS3 connectivity...

PSP has plenty of PS2 ports, remakes, and spin-offs, I don't see any dearth of that kind of game on the PSP, and this just adds one more to the pile.