God of War: Ascension New Single-Player Screenshots, HOLY ****

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

Wow it looks incredible. :o

God of War: Ascension New Single-Player Screenshots

#2 Posted by faizan_faizan (7855 posts) -
Again, MLAA is doing pretty well, But i don't think the game itself looks something spectacular, It's good for 7 Year old hardware though.
#3 Posted by silversix_ (14127 posts) -
how is this impressive? looks exactly like gow3 which was impressive for 2010 but far from omfg now.
#4 Posted by 2Chalupas (5025 posts) -
I don't see a huge leap from God of War III. Although that definitely was (and remains) one of the best looking games of the gen. So even a slight improvement (assuming there will be) means Ascension will also be up there if not the best looking game on consoles.
#5 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1694 posts) -

Will look amazing in motion. This year i'm really gonna go broke with so many games from Sony.

#6 Posted by stvee101 (2953 posts) -

Looks great.But then again thats what happens when you use a fixed camera.

#7 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
In the words of Heil, that looks siiiiiiiick.
#8 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

Those screenshots aren't that impressive. You're unintentionally selling the game short. Here's a much better indication of how amazing the game looks graphically

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/svdrv2/god-of-war--ascension-game-director-interview

Make sure to download the video, as the IQ is much improved over the terrible GT video player

#9 Posted by DevilMightCry (3492 posts) -
GOW3 still looks better than anything on Xbox 360 and PS3 including Halo 4.
#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

It's cool and has some nice lighting effects. From the first 30 minute video too it has some insane set pieces and scale like before. But it's still bogged down by poor texture work and it seems to change all the time. One minute Kratos is super detailed and then another he's not. And when it clashes with inconsistent environment textures it's distracting.  

And I don't think that underwater shot is in game, if it is then that's impressive. The rest, meh

#11 Posted by Haroon90 (32 posts) -

how is this impressive? looks exactly like gow3 which was impressive for 2010 but far from omfg now.silversix_

+1,i'm a little dissapointed they haven't managed to really do anything new looking in the 3 years that have progressed since gow 3 but in any case i always enjoy the god of war games even though they are starting to look all abit too famililar.

Still a must buy if u own a ps2 imo

#12 Posted by nervmeister (15206 posts) -
Charybdis looks badass.
#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Those screenshots aren't that impressive. You're unintentionally selling the game short. Here's a much better indication of how amazing the game looks graphically

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/svdrv2/god-of-war--ascension-game-director-interview

Make sure to download the video, as the IQ is much improved over the terrible GT video player

Nayef_shroof

Could just watch the first 30 minutes on youtube that has all that footage and more. 

#14 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9168 posts) -

And people didn't want another GOW... Glad they didn't listen. So happy Kratos lives on.

#15 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
Graphics on last gen consoles lol. Gameplay should be sick though. :D
#16 Posted by super600 (30386 posts) -

The textures in those pics are inconsistent.

#17 Posted by jg4xchamp (47536 posts) -
Santa Monica and God of War in general have always done well on a production side standpoint. It's obviously less impressive this late into the gen, but I sincerely doubt whatever they do on the PS4 won't like absurdly good(for a console) title. Plus their art direction is top notch.
#18 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Santa Monica and God of War in general have always done well on a production side standpoint. It's obviously less impressive this late into the gen, but I sincerely doubt whatever they do on the PS4 won't like absurdly good(for a console) title. Plus their art direction is top notch. jg4xchamp

I like their creature designs too.

In the first 30 minutes of the game there are some weird looking mini boss dudes that kinda made me cringe 

#19 Posted by Boddicker (2582 posts) -

I just hope they bring this back to GoW1/2 level difficulty.  GoW3 came in a really pretty box, but when you opened it there was a only a lone dog turd inside.

Just thinking about 3's story makes me dry heave.

#20 Posted by locopatho (20193 posts) -
Looks fantastic, new graphics king on consoles quite possibly. GOW is such a brill series.
#21 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -
#22 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
PS3 games are known for muddy textures and this does not disappoint. I think I'm gonna puke.
#23 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

The textures in those pics are inconsistent.

super600
What about the lighting and draw distance? lolz
#24 Posted by locopatho (20193 posts) -

And people didn't want another GOW... Glad they didn't listen. So happy Kratos lives on.

Truth_Hurts_U
I still maintain a new IP by Sony Santa Monica would be better... But this is a good consolation prize :P
#25 Posted by Desmonic (13518 posts) -
PS3 games are known for muddy textures and this does not disappoint. I think I'm gonna puke.percech
Dat epic butthurt. :cool: QQ more brah.
#26 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"]PS3 games are known for muddy textures and this does not disappoint. I think I'm gonna puke.Desmonic

Stop hating on my opinions man.
#27 Posted by Desmonic (13518 posts) -
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="percech"]PS3 games are known for muddy textures and this does not disappoint. I think I'm gonna puke.percech

QQ more brah :cool:
#28 Posted by Chozofication (2769 posts) -

Best looking and most impressive console game to date. Not by much though.

This just screams we need new hardware.

#29 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] Dat epic butthurt. :cool: QQ more brah.

If you honestly think I'm jealous over this game then you must be confusing me of someone else. I'm just trying to figure out where do all the PS3 fanboys see the amazing graphics.
#30 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

It looks like a console game. Hurry up next gen :cry:

#31 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9168 posts) -

Best looking and most impressive console game to date. Not by much though.

This just screams we need new hardware.

Chozofication

I just hope PS4 is a true beast like the rumors are saying. That'll be my first next gen console I buy. 720 can wait and that only if it has BC/FC... With out it then I'm not buying it.

#32 Posted by Desmonic (13518 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="percech"] Stop hating on my opinions man.

If you honestly think I'm jealous over this game then you must be confusing me of someone else. I'm just trying to figure out where do all the PS3 fanboys see the amazing graphics.

QQ more brah :cool: Not our fault you can't play this on your Xbox :cool:
#33 Posted by cainetao11 (16996 posts) -
Already pre ordered the LE. Cant wait.
#34 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Looks like God of War III. After seeing that TW3 screen shot I'm kind of yawning at this. I'm glad they could pump everything they could out of that 512 MB of shared RAM... but come on, it's not impressive compared to most games coming out these days on PC.
#35 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] QQ more brah :cool:

I have a PS3 doe. I only use it for Fifa. Couldn't get into any of the exclusives and I did try. Sony games are apparently less about gameplay and more about interactive cinematic QTEs.
#36 Posted by Desmonic (13518 posts) -

[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="percech"] If you honestly think I'm jealous over this game then you must be confusing me of someone else. I'm just trying to figure out where do all the PS3 fanboys see the amazing graphics.percech

I have a PS3 doe. I only use it for Fifa. Couldn't get into any of the exclusives and I did try. Sony games are apparently less about gameplay and more about interactive cinematic QTEs.

QQ more brah :cool: lol @ actually trying to claim God of War is a movie :lol: Sorry, brah AAA series :cool:

#37 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4719 posts) -

Seems santa monica were wrong when they implied the next GOW would look 50% better

It looks more or less the same, MLAA is amazing here i must admit, it must have something to do with the art style or fixed camera, either way one of the best looking games on console, framerate is solid as well

#38 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Halol just got severely owned and thrown into the trash where it belongs.
#40 Posted by Lucianu (9365 posts) -

.. This late into the generation, i can't comprehend why anyone would actually be impressed. Those shots look like anything els that looks good on the HD twins. 

#41 Posted by Epak_ (6765 posts) -

I'd say HOLY **** if this was a Vita title.

#42 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Santa Monica and God of War in general have always done well on a production side standpoint. It's obviously less impressive this late into the gen, but I sincerely doubt whatever they do on the PS4 won't like absurdly good(for a console) title. Plus their art direction is top notch. jg4xchamp
This.

It looks good, but it's nothing to lose it over. I can already see the inconsistencies in the textures.

#43 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Santa Monica and God of War in general have always done well on a production side standpoint. It's obviously less impressive this late into the gen, but I sincerely doubt whatever they do on the PS4 won't like absurdly good(for a console) title. Plus their art direction is top notch. DarkLink77

This.

It looks good, but it's nothing to lose it over. I can already see the inconsistencies in the textures.

It would appear cows don't have functioning eyeballs anymore

#44 Posted by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

Come on guys. Getting fooled by this again? These are probably bullshots, not saying they are, but giving developer's track record, they most likely are.

#45 Posted by Desmonic (13518 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Santa Monica and God of War in general have always done well on a production side standpoint. It's obviously less impressive this late into the gen, but I sincerely doubt whatever they do on the PS4 won't like absurdly good(for a console) title. Plus their art direction is top notch. seanmcloughlin

This.

Hey still better than what the competition (console wise) has :cool: But yeah with the exception of Kratos, enemies and the bosses the textures can be hit and miss. Especially gound textures. I suppose something has to give when you work with 7 year old hardware :P
#46 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] This.

Desmonic

Hey still better than what the competition (console wise) has :cool: But yeah with the exception of Kratos, enemies and the bosses the textures can be hit and miss. Especially gound textures. I suppose something has to give when you work with 7 year old hardware :P

Precisely. But it's because it's so up and down that it's more noticeable. If everything was the same I don't think it would be that big a deal, but when Kratos looks really good and the wall behind him and grounf under him look terrible, it's distracting

#47 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

Seems santa monica were wrong when they implied the next GOW would look 50% better

It looks more or less the same, MLAA is amazing here i must admit, it must have something to do with the art style or fixed camera, either way one of the best looking games on console, framerate is solid as well

HaloinventedFPS

This is just a few pics of the game. We haven't seen the whole game yet. It's going to be the same GOWIII demo to retail upgrade again.

#48 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Precisely. But it's because it's so up and down that it's more noticeable. If everything was the same I don't think it would be that big a deal, but when Kratos looks really good and the wall behind him and grounf under him look terrible, it's distracting

Its not impressive if your comparing it to the best looking PC games but considering this is running on 7 year old hardware, that's why I consider it impressive.

#49 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
Glad to see they didn't skimp out on the SP and that was the first 30 minutes of the game. Truly impressive work the stuff they had going on in that level, I wonder what they'd be able to do with the PS4.
#50 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Desmonic"] Hey still better than what the competition (console wise) has :cool: But yeah with the exception of Kratos, enemies and the bosses the textures can be hit and miss. Especially gound textures. I suppose something has to give when you work with 7 year old hardware :PBlazerdt47

Its not impressive if your comparing it to the best looking PC games but considering this is running on 7 year old hardware, that's why I consider it impressive.

Not even when comparing to other platforms and games. Just comparing to other parts of the game itself shows huge inconsistencies