God of War Ascension is the pinnacle of console graphics.

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

compete technically with the likes of Crysis 3.

zeeshanhaider

Lol

Yeah, I know comparing linear crap like GoW with the likes of Crysis 3 is a joke and an insult to Crysis 3.

Not only is it linear but fixed camera.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

It looks a little better than GOW3 technically, that's it.

Aesthetically though it looks a lot better.  Well, at times anyways.

Maneil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Maneil99
Member since 2012 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="super600"]

The textures in the pic look horrible.

Tessellation

Halo 4 also has tons of terrible textures.

but much better looking than God of War A for sure

j9kSZ.jpg

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

This game looks terrible.

MacBoomStick

Comments like this always makes me wonder, what constitutes a "good looking" game if that looks "terrible"? :?

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="gpuking"]

Kratos model looks like CGI

seanmcloughlin

Don't be silly.

Again showing how up and down the visuals get in the game. Should rename it "God of inconsistency". It's distracting when Kratos looks amazing one second and then terrible the next

Yeah,  that's true, judging by what we saw so far, inconsistency can be expected. Same thing happened in GoW 3, has some awesome looking spots (the opening, fall into Hades), but usually they're separated by a bunch of bad to mediocre looking places...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
You can't even turn the camera :lol: pinnacle my ass
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
Can't believe people are still stuck with the fixed camera notion. It's not fkn fixed ffs just scripted. You can pan the camera anytime you want without staring into a blank space all of a sudden, the devs have already proved that. You can pan the camera around in certain places too in the actual game. It's scripted in a very cinematic way so that you don't miss the epic scenery and action. Purely a design choice not a performance saving excuse. Also Kratos model is exactly the same at any time, obviously the closer to the camera the better it looks, it's not inconsistent as in texture or lod switching. As for textures sure it has some blemishes here and there but overall very impressive and detailed. This game in motion is more visually astounding than any pc games unmodded.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Halo 4 is miles ahead. If you're going to be a fanboy, then at least pick the best looking game the PS3 has to offer.
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
Not even Halo 5 would be miles ahead if the latest Lolango spec is any indication LMFAO!
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Not even Halo 5 would be miles ahead if the latest Lolango spec is any indication LMFAO! gpuking
dat hyperbole
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
Completely plausible and should be in any Conroe graphics discussion.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Not even Halo 5 would be miles ahead if the latest Lolango spec is any indication LMFAO! percech
dat hyperbole

TC thinks God of War A looks like CGI,he is delusional..

PS4 killzone would probably look something out of a Battle LA movie. gpuking

now he thinks KIllzone on ps4 is going to look like a Hollywood movie :lol:

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

LOL :lol: at that second pic being "pinnacle of console graphics"

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

You will have lemmings waving there arms crying but yes it is easily the best looking game ive seen on consoles, and its no surprise as I thought GOW 3 was the best looking game before it. 

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

Halo 4 is miles ahead. If you're going to be a fanboy, then at least pick the best looking game the PS3 has to offer.percech

miles? can someone pinch me? i must be dreaming. xD

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

You will have lemmings waving there arms crying but yes it is easily the best looking game ive seen on consoles, and its no surprise as I thought GOW 3 was the best looking game before it. 

AM-Gamer
'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="gpuking"]

super600

1280x-1

Don't be silly.

The textures in the pic look horrible.

games that rely on fixed camera angles, like gow, tend to be very graphically inconsistent. 

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]Halo 4 is miles ahead. If you're going to be a fanboy, then at least pick the best looking game the PS3 has to offer.rumbalumba

miles? can someone pinch me? i must be dreaming. xD

I agree that Halo 4 is a great looking game...but miles ahead?? Really? First off they are very different games and it is sort of stupid to compare a free roaming FPS to GOW. Compare Halo 4 to Killzone or COD. Compare GOW to games like Bayonetta and Darksiders. Different types of games allow developers to either push or hold back graphics to allow for different game mechanics. In GOW's genre, it is beautiful on console. There is no arguing that unless you literally are an idiot. Of course a PC could do better, but on an old console what Santa Monica has done is incredible. In the same way, what 343 did with Halo 4 in the FPS genre was jaw dropping. Fanboys need to try and at least think with their brains.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I haven't even bought God of War 3 yet, but I do love the commercial I saw for this game. One of the best game commercials I have ever seen.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

delta3074

It was in the eye of alot of beholders when GOW3 won best graphics on every website.  I swear outside of raging fanboys in SW everybody knows GOW's are among the best around.  I guess thats the diffrence between me and most people on this website is I can admit when a game looks good on any system.  I thought Halo 4 and Geara of War 3 looked outstanding and so did KZ3, GOW3 and UC3.  Theres nothing wrong giving props to great looking games. 

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#71 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

AM-Gamer

It was in the eye of alot of beholders when GOW3 won best graphics on every website.  I swear outside of raging fanboys in SW everybody knows GOW's are among the best around.  I guess thats the diffrence between me and most people on this website is I can admit when a game looks good on any system.  I thought Halo 4 and Geara of War 3 looked outstanding and so did KZ3, GOW3 and UC3.  Theres nothing wrong giving props to great looking games. 

Thank you so much for actually using reasoning and being realistic. SW is overrun with rampant fanboys.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

AM-Gamer

i agree, it is AMONG the best there is but best looking will always be a subjective opinion. i am going to wait until i play it first, Don't get me wrong, Gow is one of the franchises on the Ps3 that i do like and in my view, regardless of graphics fidelity, GoW is the best hack and slash franchise there is, not just on consoles but on any platform.
Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Second Picture looks like WoW

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

[QUOTE="worknow222"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] nope sometimes it can look so good and sometimes so terrible, its inconsistant as hell.TheGuardian03

Halo 4 inconsistent? have you played the game? cause I just finished playing it and no way was it Inconsistent, no it was more, HOLY HELL!! this looks beautiful

seeing how you fap over Halo 4 in every graphics thread i am not susprised to see this reply. i have played it for about a half hour, and i was not impressed as i was with Gears 3 and forza Horizon, so much bloom and crap textures and shadows, it can looks very nice in areas while in others it looks terrible, Gears 3 has superior textures and lighting and the shadows are the best i have seen on a 360 exclusive. Halo 4 has nice art though.

Edit: didn't you also make a thread saying Halo 4 has the best consle graphics and even better than UC3? see we all have our opinions on how games look, i think it looks inconsistant while you don't, deal with it.

I really like halo and do think it's one of the best in graphics on consoles, but the BEST is subjective and any game I say is the best be it multiplatform or exclusive will get me labelled a (....... Game fapper) but I did make a thread on halo 4's graphics saying they were better than killzone 3,(which I believe to be so) I added uncharted 3 just to see the reaction from your feeble kind, now what looks better is up to your, mine, everyone's opinion, you saying halo 4 looks bad is neither fact, but me saying halo 4 is the best looking is neither fact either, many people will believe there opinion is fact, and I will play off my opinion as fact but still be open minded to others, being a fanboy on here is something many do for fun, or just to see what can happen from these insane fans, So i disagree on what your saying about me and my opinion and will defend my opinion, if it comes off as fanboyish to you so be it, I do think God of war ascension looks great for it's genre, definetly some of the best, that artstyle is beautiful 

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

[QUOTE="worknow222"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

seeing how you fap over Halo 4 in every graphics thread i am not susprised to see this reply. i have played it for about a half hour, and i was not impressed as i was with Gears 3 and forza Horizon, so much bloom and crap textures and shadows, it can looks very nice in areas while in others it looks terrible, Gears 3 has superior textures and lighting and the shadows are the best i have seen on a 360 exclusive. Halo 4 has nice art though.

Edit: didn't you also make a thread saying Halo 4 has the best consle graphics and even better than UC3? see we all have our opinions on how games look, i think it looks inconsistant while you don't, deal with it.

TheGuardian03

I really like halo and do think it's one of the best in graphics on consoles, but the BEST is subjective and any game I say is the best be it multiplatform or exclusive will get me labelled a (....... Game fapper) but I did make a thread on halo 4's graphics saying they were better than killzone 3,(which I believe to be so) I added uncharted 3 just to see the reaction from your feeble kind, now what looks better is up to your, mine, everyone's opinion, you saying halo 4 looks bad is neither fact, but me saying halo 4 is the best looking is neither fact either, many people will believe there opinion is fact, and I will play off my opinion as fact but still be open minded to others, being a fanboy on here is something many do for fun, or just to see what can happen from these insane fans, So i disagree on what your saying about me and my opinion and will defend my opinion, if it comes off as fanboyish to you so be it, I do think God of war ascension looks great for it's genre, definetly some of the best, that artstyle is beautiful 

lol at assuming i am a cow, look in the mirror before you start calling out people.

you are free to believe what you want, i wasn't the one who quoted you, i stated what i believe that is all, but you seem to have a problem with it.

I have no Problem with it, also I never said you were a cow, I left the door open to you if you were either a cow/hermit or lemming,

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Lolthemajormayor

Yeah, I know comparing linear crap like GoW with the likes of Crysis 3 is a joke and an insult to Crysis 3.

I think it does a good enough job on its own to insult itself with it's horrible garbage graphics.

Yeah, I know technically GoW is crap. :( but a fun game nonetheless.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 zeeshanhaider

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] LolCranler

Not only is it linear but fixed camera.

I know.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 zeeshanhaider

Can't believe people are still stuck with the fixed camera notion. It's not fkn fixed ffs just scripted. You can pan the camera anytime you want without staring into a blank space all of a sudden, the devs have already proved that. You can pan the camera around in certain places too in the actual game. It's scripted in a very cinematic way so that you don't miss the epic scenery and action. Purely a design choice not a performance saving excuse. Also Kratos model is exactly the same at any time, obviously the closer to the camera the better it looks, it's not inconsistent as in texture or lod switching. As for textures sure it has some blemishes here and there but overall very impressive and detailed. This game in motion is more visually astounding than any pc games unmodded. gpuking

Sorry, I already debunked your claim in one of your previous post and GoW3 and you would no where to be found to even reply when I consistently ask you to do it. Whether you like it or not fixed camera makes a life a hell of a lot easier. And lol at better looking than any PC game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

It's just another boring entry into a stale series with a terrible and unlikable character, and crappy online tacked on for good measure.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

It's just another boring entry into a stale series with a terrible and unlikable character, and crappy online tacked on for good measure.

Bigboi500

You've beaten it already?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Nanomage

You've beaten it already?

At least I have the manners to answer you back. Yes, I've "beaten" the demo multiple times, it's crappy.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 W1NGMAN-

Bigboi500

I'll be buying day 1 as will millions of others. Kratos is the business, and I find the GoW formula is still enjoyable and entertaining, if it's not your cup of tea it's not your cup of tea *shrug*

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

W1NGMAN-

I'll be buying day 1 as will millions of others. Kratos is the business, and I find the GoW formula is still enjoyable and entertaining, if it's not your cup of tea it's not your cup of tea *shrug*

:lol: I buy them when they're on sale and enjoy them well enough. I just enjoy f*cking with people on System Wars.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

zeeshanhaider

I think it does a good enough job on its own to insult itself with it's horrible garbage graphics.

Yeah, I know technically GoW is crap. :( but a fun game nonetheless.

What an amazing come back
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 W1NGMAN-

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

:lol: I buy them when they're on sale and enjoy them well enough. I just enjoy f*cking with people on System Wars.

Haha yea it's pretty easy to irk people on here :P

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

[QUOTE="gpuking"]

seanmcloughlin

Don't be silly.

Again showing how up and down the visuals get in the game. Should rename it "God of inconsistency". It's distracting when Kratos looks amazing one second and then terrible the next

Probably just different LOD models. The closeup of Kratos being LODX, the highest quality model, and they lowered the textures and polygon amount for when you play, since you won't see him very close anyway.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

1280x-1

Geeez. They should cover him up or make his skirt longer. 

Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

I don't think GoW look that good, neither technical or artstyle. GoW also have fixed/locked camera view and not truly comparable with games like Crysis 2 etc

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Stop it! lems are on suicide watch already no need to remind them how much their choices fail.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Agreed.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Too bad the god of war games suck so much.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
vanquish, gears, bayonetta, batman all look better..
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Looks like blurred cow poo to my holy eyes.

smh2.gif Filthy peasants and their disgusting little toys.. 

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Looks like blurred cow poo to my holy eyes.

smh2.gif Filthy peasants and their disgusting little toys.. 

Lucianu

:lol:

barack-obama-thumbs-up.jpg