God of War Ascension is the pinnacle of console graphics.

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gpuking (3093 posts) -

There's no denying it, Kratos model looks like CGI, the monsters and titans are bigger than anything we've seen, lighting, textures and animation are sublime, image quality is unparalleled on consoles, all at a full 1280 x 720 resolution and a smooth 30-60fps average. Yes, it's even more impressive than the Last of Us footae we just seen. This is it, there will not be another CGK till PS4 & Durango come.

#2 Posted by MacBoomStick (1822 posts) -

The second picture you posted destroyed your argument.

EDIT: And the third, fourth, and fifth ones too.

EDIT2: I was going to give you the first one until I saw Kratos and those bubbles. This game looks terrible.

#3 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7609 posts) -

Graphically it is not the best and it is even worse when you consider it is a fixed camera and very linear game. There is not one screen you posted that says the best console graphics.

#4 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Yeah, it does look good considering on what it's on. No doubt its going to be epic too.
There has been great graphics and its definitely up there, but theres others yet to come like Ground Zeros. So don't jump the gun ;)

However, Ascension could be very linear which could be the reason for the top notch graphics. Thats my only worry.
Buying on Day 1.

#5 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Good god it's gpuking and his GOW hard-on again.

Edit: where did u get that 3rd pic? I didn't see it in the 30 mins gameplay.

#6 Posted by gpuking (3093 posts) -

rjdofu
From Gamersyde, that level was not from the opening 30min.
#7 Posted by gpuking (3093 posts) -

The second picture you posted destroyed your argument.

EDIT: And the third, fourth, and fifth ones too.

EDIT2: I was going to give you the first one until I saw Kratos and those bubbles. This game looks terrible.

MacBoomStick
I have no idea what you're talking about, what bubbles? Explain more clearly on what's so wrong about them.
#8 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

gpuking
From Gamersyde, that level was not from the opening 30min.

Damn, that'd better not be a major boss. Those pics sure look amazing, love the artstyle.
#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Yeah and what a poor pinnacle it is

#11 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
well duhhh
#12 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
There's no denying it [...]gpuking
Unless one realizes that these "graphics king" talks are usually highly subjective.
#13 Posted by funsohng (28994 posts) -
Ogasmic graphics mean sh*t when it doesn't have equally orgasmic gameplay. Ascension still looks like God of War 3 with same combat. And pretty much no info on puzzles is making me worried. I will probably buy it seeing how I like GoW series, but I doubt this is going to be better than GoW3. I'm still more hyped for Metal Gear Rising which seems to actually have a great combat system.
#14 Posted by clyde46 (47577 posts) -
Smooth 30-60FPS? Wut? I don't think you understand the difference between 30 and 60FPS.
#15 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Smooth 30-60FPS? Wut? I don't think you understand the difference between 30 and 60FPS.clyde46
This game won't be able to reach 60FPS, it will range between 30s-40 FPS, which is a damn shame considering GOW3 ran mostly at 40-50s FPS.
#16 Posted by themajormayor (24298 posts) -
I can't imagine better looking graphics in 720p tbh
#17 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2867 posts) -

So you still worshipping sony and riding Kratos c0ck?

Fixed camera and way too linear sums up this game, sorry to disappoint you but it will never compete technically with the likes of Crysis 3.

#18 Posted by themajormayor (24298 posts) -

compete technically with the likes of Crysis 3.

zeeshanhaider
Lol
#19 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Boy, that's gotta suck considering how terrible Pinnacle was.

#20 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2867 posts) -

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

themajormayor

Lol

Yeah, I know comparing linear crap like GoW with the likes of Crysis 3 is a joke and an insult to Crysis 3.

#21 Posted by super600 (31092 posts) -

Until X comes out and that gets destroyed by the next gen games in graphics. 

#22 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43239 posts) -

Kratos model looks like CGI

gpuking

1280x-1

Don't be silly.

#23 Posted by super600 (31092 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]

Stevo_the_gamer

1280x-1

Don't be silly.

The textures in the pic look horrible.

#24 Posted by delta3074 (18870 posts) -
Looks good, very good but i will reserve judement on whether it's the best looking game on consoles, my mates getting it so i will invite myself over with a few brews and check it out then.
#25 Posted by themajormayor (24298 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

zeeshanhaider

Lol

Yeah, I know comparing linear crap like GoW with the likes of Crysis 3 is a joke and an insult to Crysis 3.

I think it does a good enough job on its own to insult itself with it's horrible garbage graphics.
#26 Posted by shadiezz2012 (2452 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]

Stevo_the_gamer

1280x-1

Don't be silly.

you guys are amazing

you do know that was from the E3 demo right ?!

the latest 30 minutes demo show the gfx improved greatly

this is kratos from E3 bulid

this is kratos from the 30 minutes demo

the pic is little blur because i got it from IGN crapy video

#27 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Don't be silly.

Again showing how up and down the visuals get in the game. Should rename it "God of inconsistency". It's distracting when Kratos looks amazing one second and then terrible the next

#28 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="gpuking"]

shadiezz2012

Don't be silly.

you guys are amazing you do know that was from the E3 demo right ?! the latest 30 minutes demo show the gfx improved greatly this is kratos from E3 bulid http://i5.minus.com/iP9oHmR5tWa2o.jpg this is kratos from the 30 minutes demo http://www.abload.de/img/23jfuyj.png don't be silly

They improved but it's all smoke and mirrors, they don't use the same detail all the time it would seem. One minute Kratos up close is highly detailed and then in the environment he looks crummy and so do all the other textures. The game is still one great spectacle but the visuals change so damn much from scene to scene. It's very distracting. 

#29 Posted by PAL360 (27300 posts) -

It looks great, but not better than other console games available. At this point, if you want the pinnacle of console graphics, wait for PS4 and Xbox3.

#30 Posted by shadiezz2012 (2452 posts) -

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

Don't be silly.

seanmcloughlin

you guys are amazing you do know that was from the E3 demo right ?! the latest 30 minutes demo show the gfx improved greatly this is kratos from E3 bulid http://i5.minus.com/iP9oHmR5tWa2o.jpg this is kratos from the 30 minutes demo http://www.abload.de/img/23jfuyj.png don't be silly

They improved but it's all smoke and mirrors, they don't use the same detail all the time it would seem. One minute Kratos up close is highly detailed and then in the environment he looks crummy and so do all the other textures. The game is still one great spectacle but the visuals change so damn much from scene to scene. It's very distracting. 

dude just stop you are trying way to hard to down play it i just prove your firend wrong and i just showed you how much the gfx improved since the E3 demo ..which was alpha stage there is NO inconsistency in the new 30 minutes demo
#31 Posted by Tessellation (8844 posts) -
nice mix of bullshots with direct feed :lol: TC is delusional once again,the CGI part made me LOL so hard.
#33 Posted by KHAndAnime (14716 posts) -
Looks worse than God of War 3 actually
#34 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"] you guys are amazing you do know that was from the E3 demo right ?! the latest 30 minutes demo show the gfx improved greatly this is kratos from E3 bulid http://i5.minus.com/iP9oHmR5tWa2o.jpg this is kratos from the 30 minutes demo http://www.abload.de/img/23jfuyj.png don't be silly shadiezz2012

dude just stop you are trying way to hard to down play it i just prove your firend wrong and i just showed you how much the gfx improved since the E3 demo ..which was alpha stage there is NO inconsistency in the new 30 minutes demo

Have you ever seen what a proper texture is supposed to look like? Because GOW:A is full of awful textures, even the new 30 minute video. Kratos looks great, but what's the point when everything around him looks terrible? 

And you didn't "Prove" anything, you just shoved a bunch of pics in my face and claimed you were right

#35 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Looks worse than God of War 3 actuallyKHAndAnime

I thought the same. but it may be the colour palette I don't like. GOW 3 was evry dark and gritty and I liked that more

#37 Posted by KHAndAnime (14716 posts) -

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Looks worse than God of War 3 actuallyseanmcloughlin

I thought the same. but it may be the colour palette I don't like. GOW 3 was evry dark and gritty and I liked that more

Ascension is just artistically sparse. God of War 3 was graphically cram-packed with details. Acension is really modest with the details.
#38 Posted by shadiezz2012 (2452 posts) -

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Have you ever seen what a proper texture is supposed to look like? Because GOW:A is full of awful textures, even the new 30 minute video. Kratos looks great, but what's the point when everything around him looks terrible? 

And you didn't "Prove" anything, you just shoved a bunch of pics in my face and claimed you were right

you need to use new glasses because either you are blind or blind

even eurogamer DF said the game look better than 3 and they were talking about the E3 demo..not this new build

which look much better than the demo

and those pics are direct feed from the game if you can't see that the gfx improved greatly then you are blind plain and simple

and only on system wars there are ppl like you who say the game have bad textures

#39 Posted by super600 (31092 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

1280x-1

Don't be silly.

TheGuardian03

Halo 4 also has tons of terrible textures.

True.But at least that is kinda consistent even with the annoying blur.

#40 Posted by Wasdie (50640 posts) -

It is a pretty damn good looking game all things considered. I'll have to see it in motion for myself one of these days. 

The character models are incredibly detailed. 

#42 Posted by super600 (31092 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] Halo 4 also has tons of terrible textures.TheGuardian03

nope sometimes it can look so good and sometimes so terrible, its inconsistant as hell.

At least it doesn't look halo 3 bad in terms of graphics.

#43 Posted by mems_1224 (48572 posts) -
:lol:
#45 Posted by mitu123 (154649 posts) -

Smooth 30-60FPS? Wut? I don't think you understand the difference between 30 and 60FPS.clyde46
This, there's no way it's touching 60FPS in gameplay, maybe 50 if it's lucky but I see mid 40s.

#46 Posted by mysticstryk (1700 posts) -

Who cares?  Just bring on next gen graphics already.

#47 Posted by worknow222 (1431 posts) -
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] Halo 4 also has tons of terrible textures.TheGuardian03

nope sometimes it can look so good and sometimes so terrible, its inconsistant as hell.

Halo 4 inconsistent? have you played the game? cause I just finished playing it and no way was it Inconsistent, no it was more, HOLY HELL!! this looks beautiful
#48 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5550 posts) -
How are they continueing this from GOW3? In GOW3 the whole area just became an ugly gray-ish green place with nothing but water...
#49 Posted by DarkLink77 (31886 posts) -

It's not out yet you pleb.

#50 Posted by Tessellation (8844 posts) -
[QUOTE="super600"]

1280x-1

Don't be silly.

TheGuardian03

Halo 4 also has tons of terrible textures.

but much better looking than God of War A for sure