God of War: A Live Action trailer-first emotional GoW game??

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (25195 posts) -

Its Feb 1st and Sony have released a Live Action trailer for God of War: Ascension! Trailer is pure amazing and i gotta say that was pretty emotional, could this be the first GoW game to be extreamly emotional?? CANT WAIT :cry:

TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1aDhfTGkLTg

Sony just keep on going!

pics:

8432415801_0b900d6a9f_z.jpg

8432415869_1b88ea0810_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/01/from-ashes-god-of-war-ascension-live-action-trailer-explores-kratos-origins/

#2 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2158 posts) -

That was actually pretty sad :(

#3 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

That trailer was hilarious, the dude who plays kratos reminds me of someone I know.

#4 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

very nice

#5 Posted by Slashkice (13166 posts) -

could this be the first GoW game to be extreamly emotional?? 

finalstar2007

lolnope

It is a great ad though. Bonus points for using Ellie Goulding.

#6 Posted by bleehum (5320 posts) -

Sony teases the lamest crap now.

#7 Posted by Cheleman (7678 posts) -
I be cried:cry:
#8 Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog (792 posts) -

That's what I was hoping, but the first 30 minutes looks like too much emphasis on action.

Sure, it's just the big opener, but considering that they're giving us the promise of the 'beginning', you'd hope that they'd actually start from the 'beginning', instead of leaving the emotional backstory for flashbacks, like....every...other....GOW game.

I feel like they're too afraid to start with something other than a giant action scene out of fear that the player will get bored. But I'm the other way. I'm already bored without an engaging reason to care about what's going on on screen.

Cue the same old music, cue giant monster, now more seemingly generic than before (or at least unidentifiable), as they're running out of Greek Mythology monsters, and I'm bored. I feel like I've seen this 4 times already. 

So much potential, and I feel like they're not taking advantage of it. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

#9 Posted by Heil68 (44535 posts) -
Every GOW game entices real, raw emotions. This is no different.
#10 Posted by finalstar2007 (25195 posts) -

bleehum

Better than teasing nothing and having no games.

#11 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -
Every GOW game entices real, raw emotions. This is no different. Heil68
Well, one emotion anyways. Anger.
#12 Posted by finalstar2007 (25195 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

could this be the first GoW game to be extreamly emotional?? 

Slashkice

lolnope

It is a great ad though. Bonus points for using Ellie Goulding.

Im sure we will be surprised once we start playing the game.. FK CANT WAIT!

Ghost of sparta was very close tho to being an emotional game to kratos brother and his mother

#13 Posted by finalstar2007 (25195 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Every GOW game entices real, raw emotions. This is no different. AAllxxjjnn

If you played every GoW game you'll understand that you cant really blame Kratos for being angry so much.

#14 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
oh please. the only emotions god of war knows is mindless rage and boredom (from playing it). we all know the game will be about murdering people as brutally as possible, including innocent bypassers (which you murder for no reason other than 'eh, felt like it' ).
#15 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Every GOW game entices real, raw emotions. This is no different. finalstar2007

If you played every GoW game you'll understand that you cant really blame Kratos for being angry so much.

yeah, that's why he murders innocent dudes too. he's doing to other families what was done to him, and for no reason at that. and that's not talking about that one time he got the chance to travel back in time and avoid all the sh!tstorm, but he chose to use that once in a lifetime chance to punch more people.
#16 Posted by finalstar2007 (25195 posts) -

oh please. the only emotions god of war knows is mindless rage and boredom (from playing it). we all know the game will be about murdering people as brutally as possible, including innocent bypassers (which you murder for no reason other than 'eh, felt like it' ).BrunoBRS

GoW was never about killing people ( well maybe the first game ), you always be killing demons and gods.. sometimes you see people running in the game but ONLY YOU decided if you wanna kill them or not to gain health points.

#17 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Every GOW game entices real, raw emotions. This is no different. finalstar2007

True. He does have a good reason to be angry. His behavior is totally out of line though, even the Gods were like "dude, chill" at the beginning of GoW 2.
#18 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]oh please. the only emotions god of war knows is mindless rage and boredom (from playing it). we all know the game will be about murdering people as brutally as possible, including innocent bypassers (which you murder for no reason other than 'eh, felt like it' ).finalstar2007

GoW was never about killing people ( well maybe the first game ), you always be killing demons and gods.. sometimes you see people running in the game but ONLY YOU decided if you wanna kill them or not to gain health points.

it's obvious why they're there, and it's obvious what you should do to them. don't try to disguise it as some moral choice crap, because it's not. hell, in the beginning of GoW1 there's a short cutscene where kratos starts pulling a man to save him, robs him of whatever he was holding (can't remember what), then throws the poor guy to his death, just like that. and greek gods are people. they're human, they can have kids, they feel pain and they can die.
#19 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

2216409_o.gif

#20 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9760 posts) -
WOW for a video game ad, that was pretty good. I just got done watching the first 30min of this game, so OMG im like a little girl right now.
#21 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3032 posts) -
Meh
#22 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]oh please. the only emotions god of war knows is mindless rage and boredom (from playing it). we all know the game will be about murdering people as brutally as possible, including innocent bypassers (which you murder for no reason other than 'eh, felt like it' ).BrunoBRS

it's obvious why they're there, and it's obvious what you should do to them. don't try to disguise it as some moral choice crap, because it's not. hell, in the beginning of GoW1 there's a short cutscene where kratos starts pulling a man to save him, robs him of whatever he was holding (can't remember what), then throws the poor guy to his death, just like that. and greek gods are people. they're human, they can have kids, they feel pain and they can die.

Use a plug or something, too much butthurt is poring from all your holes !

#23 Posted by Desmonic (14083 posts) -

Yeeahh.... "emotinal"...lolnope!

1254277_o.gif

#24 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -
Mehninjapirate2000
#25 Posted by nervmeister (15244 posts) -

8432415869_1b88ea0810_z.jpg

finalstar2007

Looks like Kratos got "Tai Lung-ed". :P

#26 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

I'm not American so I don't watch the superbowl but do video game ads advertised during usually so zero gameplay because that was stupid.

#27 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Jesus that song did not work at all with that trailer. What the hell were they thinking :? 

They should have kept the same type of GOW music as always. And it wasn't emotional at all really. It was pretty underwhelming. 

Other than that, nice t!ts

#28 Posted by Boddicker (2740 posts) -

bleehum

Sums up my reaction.

#29 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

That was actually very well made. They nailed the Kratos actor spot on and the emotional factor is definitely there.

Is this what is supposed to air during the Super Bowl?

#30 Posted by Cheleman (7678 posts) -
I literally broke down in tears.
#31 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

That was actually very well made. They nailed the Kratos actor spot on and the emotional factor is definitely there.

Blazerdt47

I thought he looked weird. He had a wider face than he should have had.

Also it showed Kratos tearing up, not once has Kratos ever shown this kind of emotion in a GOW game which goes against the other games a little and also goes against the whole Spartan badass thing too. 

But then again the problem with doing prequels is that you have to top your last game somehow by going back in time. So it's like "Why wasn't Kratos like this in other games if this is before it"

#32 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

I literally broke down in tears.Cheleman

You would

#33 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -
Horrible music.
#34 Posted by finalstar2007 (25195 posts) -

This trailer shows its quite possible to do a God of War Movie... NOW DO IT!

#35 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Horrible music.Inconsistancy

I just realised it WAS the super bowl ad, so it makes sense.

BUT the amount of money they wasted making this that could have went elsewhere. 

#36 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

finalstar2007
Not unless you get people who can actually write and do decent character development.
#37 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

It was okay, the music didn't fit with it at all though in my opinion. 

#38 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

I'm not American so I don't watch the superbowl but do video game ads advertised during usually so zero gameplay because that was stupid.

tryagainlater

You could just watch the first 30mins if you want gameplay...

#39 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

finalstar2007

It was always pretty possible, they just won't make it

#40 Posted by finalstar2007 (25195 posts) -

Jesus that song did not work at all with that trailer. What the hell were they thinking :? 

They should have kept the same type of GOW music as always. And it wasn't emotional at all really. It was pretty underwhelming. 

seanmcloughlin

The music fit perfectly! i thoguht they were bad when i saw railer for the first time in the first 5 seconds but it got really good, it just went very well with the video and gave it an emotional feeling to it.

better than putting linking park or whatever sh**ty band out there with annoying music :P

#41 Posted by jg4xchamp (48127 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

seanmcloughlin

Also it showed Kratos tearing up, not once has Kratos ever shown this kind of emotion in a GOW game which goes against the other games a little and also goes against the whole Spartan badass thing too. 

But then again the problem with doing prequels is that you have to top your last game somehow by going back in time. So it's like "Why wasn't Kratos like this in other games if this is before it"

I'm 90% sure even though they didn't show it it's not that hard to believe that Kratos would cry right after his daughter and wife have died. I mean I hate the character, but in this instance the tears aren't out of character at all. His love for his family always was pretty sincere. His actions and the plots ability to actually make him sympathetic was way more hit or miss.
#42 Posted by Desmonic (14083 posts) -

finalstar2007

If they decide to go for the over emotional version of Kratos then no thanks.

He is a character that never showed much more emotion than rage, hate or regret (for raging and hating!), he was never shown in any of the games to be more than that or to even crave more than that. I'd rather they keep the character as is like they did for the past 5 (6 counting Ascension) games, recognizable by everyone in every single aspect (looks and personality) than changing him just for the purpose of a movie.

Also, for all intents and purposes: CGI movie would work so much better with God of War especially for the battles.

#43 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Desmonic

He is a character that never showed much more emotion than rage, hate or regret (for raging and hating!), he was never shown in any of the games to be more than that or to even crave more than that. I'd rather they keep the character as is like they did for the past 5 (6 counting Ascension) games, recognizable by everyone in every single aspect (looks and personality) than changing him just for the purpose of a movie.

Also, for all intents and purposes: CGI movie would work so much better with God of War especially for the battles.

Honestly, I'll take a Kratos capable of facial expressions that aren't scowls and grimaces over the "character" in God of War III.
#44 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

jg4xchamp

I'm 90% sure even though they didn't show it it's not that hard to believe that Kratos would cry right after his daughter and wife have died. I mean I hate the character, but in this instance the tears aren't out of character at all. His love for his family always was pretty sincere. His actions and the plots ability to actually make him sympathetic was way more hit or miss.

Maybe. It really will be hit or miss with the emotion in this game, GOW is well known for it's lack of emotion

#45 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

finalstar2007

The music fit perfectly! i thoguht they were bad when i saw railer for the first time in the first 5 seconds but it got really good, it just went very well with the video and gave it an emotional feeling to it.

better than putting linking park or whatever sh**ty band out there with annoying music :P

It's also a lot worse than some of the choices they could have made. Don't see why it had to be a well known band or artists music anyway and not just atmospheric soundtrack music

But superbowl and all that

#46 Posted by jg4xchamp (48127 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Maybe. It really will be hit or miss with the emotion in this game, GOW is well known for it's lack of emotion

I sincerely doubt the teaser is actually reflective of the game. I mean this is typical gaming ad stuff. Gears of War madworld commercial is proof enough that games aren't exactly matching what they advertise.
#47 Posted by Desmonic (14083 posts) -
[QUOTE="Desmonic"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

PannicAtack

Honestly, I'll take a Kratos capable of facial expressions that aren't scowls and grimaces over the "character" in God of War III.

Just wouldn't fit the game man :P God of War has not been about character development ever since the end of God of War 1 lol so why even bother now? Just gives that awesome gameplay+bosses and be done with it.
#48 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I'm 90% sure even though they didn't show it it's not that hard to believe that Kratos would cry right after his daughter and wife have died. I mean I hate the character, but in this instance the tears aren't out of character at all. His love for his family always was pretty sincere. His actions and the plots ability to actually make him sympathetic was way more hit or miss. jg4xchamp

I sincerely doubt the teaser is actually reflective of the game. I mean this is typical gaming ad stuff. Gears of War madworld commercial is proof enough that games aren't exactly matching what they advertise.

i mean from what we've seen and heard they sre trying with emotion more so it will be hit or miss how they pull it off, ghost of sparta did it well though. It will be interesting to see, anything is better than the Kratod from GOW 3

#49 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
Man, that was hilarious. So terrible.
#50 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

[QUOTE="tryagainlater"]

GD1551

You could just watch the first 30mins if you want gameplay...

Oh, I did. Just curious about the pointlessness of the ad. Then again, if it draws attention, then I guess it's done its job.