God of War 3 remastered - Kratos vs Hades 1080/60fps

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Wowza. This looks phenomenal. Kratos vs Hades in all of its 1080p 60fps glory. I can imagine if you don't own a PS4 right now, you'd be pretty jelly. Surely you are getting this - right, SW?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Still a shitty 'remaster' that I have no interest in getting.

God of War 3 was always an exceptional looking game, and never needed a remaster. This is a pointless product- if it had included at least the full trilogy, I would have been willing to accept its existence.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

getting this day one

this DIFFERENTIATES ps4 from pc

PC has no access to this an it makes me feel good when i buy games like this cuz they 'll never get it EVER on there platform an just makes me feel so damn good

thats why i buy games like this

and plus i only played some of this at my friends so now i finally get my own copy on ps4 didn't have ps3 till late

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

Does it bother anyone else how the characters have no weight to them when moving? they almost glide when moving....the animations need some serious work IMO...shame, would have gone well with the nice graphics.

Won't be redoing this again, anyways.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

I can't blame Sony for putting out remasters, as some people will inevitably buy them (especially Xbox converts) and I'm sure they don't cost as much as creating a new game from the ground up. Still, I would prefer to see more new games (and new IP) announcements to go along with all the remasters to say the least.

@charizard1605 said:

God of War 3 was always an exceptional looking game, and never needed a remaster. This is a pointless product- if it had included at least the full trilogy, I would have been willing to accept its existence.

Well people don't realize is remasters are usually done with a small team. The team that is working on the remaster of God of War is probably no where near the size of the team that is working on the next God of War game. So the resources they're loosing is probably minimal at best. Just saying.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

I hated GOW3 so freaking much. I deeply regretted the purchase of that game, I should have stopped after 2 but the story made such a stupid turn I was hoping the third would remedy the nonsense. It was the worst in the series and the remaster is just a reminder of the atrocity.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@ProtossX said:

getting this day one

PC has no access to this an it makes me feel good when i buy games like this cuz they 'll never get it EVER on there platform an just makes me feel so damn good

and plus i only played some of this at my friends so now i finally get my own copy on ps4 didn't have ps3 till late

GOW is a mindless button masher with a cliche vengeance storyline, poor combat mechanics, horrible fixed camera angles and no freedom of exploration. Just another brain-dead action game like The Order, Uncharted or many other Sony exclusives.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ProtossX

@Juub1990 said:
@ProtossX said:

getting this day one

GOW is a mindless button masher with a cliche vengeance storyline, poor combat mechanics, horrible fixed camera angles and no freedom of exploration. Just another brain-dead action game like The Order, Uncharted or many other Sony exclusives.

no THESE BOSSES Look better than world of warcraft bosses

they look very complex encounters look at all that stuff the boss is doing to kratos not even world of warcraft with 40 ppl raid has all that stuff going on

this is game PC dream PC users wish they had stuff like this with bosses like this

its not brain dead as a PC gamer this game looks like something i wish i had imo just look at all that stuff hades and poseidon is doing most pc games don't have even half of this stuff

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ProtossX

@charizard1605 said:

sony said they will let ppl play God of War 1-2 for free on PS Now if you pre order it so you do sorta get the full experience if you want to start at 1 an go to 2 you can and i will def try it out i hope ps now is good

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1473 Posts

They could have at least put ascension in there as well.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Not my favorite GoW. And a res and framerate bump isn't gonna change that.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Not my favorite GoW. And a res and framerate bump isn't gonna change that.

it also includes a code for the bayonetta 3 beta

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak

@SolidGame_basic: Might pick it up.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22630 Posts

Not interested... If i ever do though, I'll play the ps3 version in my closet. But yeah, that won't happen. Pointless remaster is pointless

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

God of War always felt clumsy to me. It isn't terrible but it is not what its made out to be, imo.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Got bored after the first game. I won't be touching this.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

They literally only changed the resolution and upped the framerate cap, pathetic...

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ProtossX

@nyadc said:

They literally only changed the resolution and upped the framerate cap, pathetic...

ppl don't care if its that much better tho ppl just wanna play the game lots of ppl didn't have ps3 and get to play this game but they played the first god of war on ps2

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#19 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@ProtossX said:

getting this day one

Doesn't bother me one bit. I have a PS4 and XB1 to go with my beastly PC. I play everything on PC unless it is a console exclusive. At least in this case, it will be 1080p/60 fps. So, I don't mind playing it on console. Bloodborne on the other hand was a disgrace with it's 1080p/30 fps and frame pacing issues. Also, the chromatic aberration with no option to disable it pissed me off. That game just sits on my shelf in hopes of a frame pacing patch. That game would have been so good on PC. What a waste.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605: Pretty much. This to me just shows how much of an excellent job SM did in 2010 with the PS3 hardware. Would only buy if I had never touched it before in anyway (and honestly it seems to be targeted at those people).

Hopefully we'll get some juicy E3 info on GoW4/GoW Next! :D

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Not really interested in paying $40 for a slight graphics upgrade. I'll just play the complete saga on my PS3 if I get the urge, but thanks for the offer Sony.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

No thanks....not worthy of a second play through

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@nyadc said:

That proves GOW 3 allready was next gen when it released.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NyaDC

@Sushiglutton said:
@nyadc said:

That proves GOW 3 allready was next gen when it released.

What does this even mean... It's a good looking game for when it came out, but not that good...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@nyadc:
B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

This is only worth it if they bundle in the Trilogy. Pointless otherwise.

The only people who would want this are the ones that already played it. It makes no sense to remaster this for the ones who haven't played it. That will mean they probably didn't play 1 or 2.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@ProtossX said:

getting this day one

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

Basic port, absolutely no difference. Sony are a bunch of lazy fuckers.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Cash grab.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Funny to see people on here getting annoyed by a remaster, if you don't like it don't buy it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

eh, i already have the GoW Saga on PS3

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NyaDC

@ten_pints said:

Funny to see people on here getting annoyed by a remaster, if you don't like it don't buy it.

There is a difference between a remaster and simply increasing the resolution and framerate cap, that of which Sony did the latter...

This is lazy cash grab bullshit.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Jelly of a game I played years ago? lolnope

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#35 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Was it @60fps before on PS3? It looks terrible at that framerate. It makes the combat look so fluffy.

(Just coming off a few rounds of Bayonetta and it makes this look pretty dull)

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NyaDC

@musicalmac said:

Was it @60fps before on PS3? It looks terrible at that framerate. It makes the combat look so fluffy.

Regardless of what some people say certain games do translate better at 30 FPS and the motion looks more natural for the application than at 60. The Resident Evil remaster for example comes to mind in this regard, the extreme fluidity of motion at 60 FPS does adversely impact the atmosphere of the game, I am not saying it's bad or anything, but it just doesn't translate properly for the type of game it is and how it functions, it looks off. For certain games there is a cinematic appeal to a 30 FPS cap, the motion has a dramatic visual and atmospheric difference, and I realize some developers try to use this reality as spin because they can't get their game to run at 60 FPS on these consoles, but it is something that exists.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

I was able to play the Youtube video even with bandwith issues. The footage looks nice but it would be nicer if there is more to the remaster than resolution and frame rate, just say a part of the game that did not make the cut.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@moistcarrot said:

They could have at least put ascension in there as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Talk about a game that didn't need a remaster. It doesn't need 60fps, it's not DMC, and it didn't need 1080p, at the time of release it was one of the cleanest games on Ps3 with its MLAA.

@nyadc said:
@musicalmac said:

Regardless of what some people say certain games do translate better at 30 FPS and the motion looks more natural for the application than at 60. The Resident Evil remaster for example comes to mind in this regard, the extreme fluidity of motion at 60 FPS does adversely impact the atmosphere of the game, I am not saying it's bad or anything, but it just doesn't translate properly for the type of game it is and how it functions, it looks off. For certain games there is a cinematic appeal to a 30 FPS cap, the motion has a dramatic visual and atmospheric difference, and I realize some developers try to use this reality as spin because they can't get their game to run at 60 FPS on these consoles, but it is something that exists.

I said this one day in a pro PC thread - certain animations do not translate well to 60fps and the games that absolutely need 60fps will be so on console anyway. Games not locked at 30fps and screen tear are more of an issue.

If a game doesn't have enough frames, or the animation is not the greatest, 60fps will only highlight that.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

wow, die already!

Didn't know GoW boss battles were this epic. Good video!

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

More of an enhanced edition than a remaster. A remaster implies they made major changes to the game... You know, like Homeworld Remastered which completely overhauled the graphics from games released in 1999 and 2003 (so they actually needed it), made a new damage system, added new high-res cinematics from the original devs, cast voice actors that were unavailable the first time around for HW2, etc.

This is just a lazy upres and framerate boost and little else as far as I can tell. This is the equivalent of adding a 2K vanilla texture mod to Skyrim and getting a decent GPU (PS3-PS4) upgrade.

That's just enhanced, not remastered. You actually have to put work into a remaster. Might as well be another last-gen port.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I always really liked the Hades fight. That or Hercules are the best fights in that game, too bad everything post Hercules is fucking wack.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

wow, die already!

Didn't know GoW boss battles were this epic. Good video!

Hades is the first one you fight after the Epic intro.

When you fight Hades some where around the first 3 hours of the game when you have lost most of your powers and are limited in combos, attack, and abilities.

GOW3 has about 10-12 boss battles, all uniquely Epic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I always really liked the Hades fight. That or Hercules are the best fights in that game, too bad everything post Hercules is fucking wack.

Bro. Posiedon was the best fight.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#46 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Already have the God of War Saga on PS3. I could not fathom why this would be worth it for me.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Man they really are milking this whole remaster thing on consoles. Sure PC gets some too, but jesus not at this extent.

Metacritic padding.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah, Hercules was the highlight for me. Smug bastard got his shit wrecked.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@freedomfreak: That's what you get when you take steroids instead of gaining muscle by dying 3 times and killing almost every single greek God and other mythical creatures.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 freedomfreak

@Desmonic: Fucking A.