God of War 3 on PS4 isn't even a remaster

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

See for yourselves in the gallery of screenshots, it's from a Polish gaming website partially sponsored by Sony but even they bash it:

the game uses exactly the same assets with minimally sharper, barely noticeable improvement of textures and unlocked framerate and that's it. It is actually a port with minimal enhancements, not even a remaster.

http://ppe.pl/news-37285-to_ma_byc__remaster_____porownanie_screenow_z_god_of_war_iii_na_ps4_i_ps3.html

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Salt_The_Fries

@Slashkice: All you need to click are the pictures. I guess pictures now count as languages too, cromagnon.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: you said they bash it. How can we tell they bash it by looking at pictures?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Salt_The_Fries

@Chutebox: It says "it's not even a remaster" - exactly like in the headline, the rest should be evident from the comparison of pictures.

But anyway - the game uses exactly the same assets with minimally sharper, barely noticeable improvement of textures and unlocked framerate and that's it. It is actually a port with minimal enhancements, not even a remaster.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

How is it not a remaster?

its 1080p its 60 FPS thats twice as many frames and a huge upscale

nobody claimed it was a remake its definetly not a port cuz the game was never on PC

The only problem is the game should be like 20 bucks maybe 10 if you like can u prove u own the ps3 version on your account or something.

40 is way too high cuz MCC was 60 and had like 4 games on it and they add tons of stuff to halo 2

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Oh look, another high rated game that the TC will never play but will make negative threads about. You have had five+ years to play this game TC, a shame you are dead-set against high quality, highly rated games that don't appear on your preferred brand.

That would drive me nuts making so many threads about franchises I will never play.

Regarding that Polish low level site and whatever it is they are saying...that's nice.

I have no interest in this remaster as I played this game five years ago, but just like Gears of War Xbone, Zelda: Majora's 3D, Zelda OoT 3D, Celda: Wind Waker HD, Uncharted Collection, MasterChief Collection, GTA5 and more I'm not the targeted demographic.

I'm onto bigger and better things.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Sony lying again. Whats new?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@SolidTy said:

Oh look, another high rated game that the TC will never play but will make threads about. You have had five+ years to play this game TC, a shame you are dead-set against games that don't appear on your preferred brand.

That would drive me nuts making so many threads about franchises I will never play.

Regarding that Polish low level site and whatever it is they are saying...that's nice.

I have no interest in this remaster as I played this game five years ago. I'm onto bigger and better things.

How many threads have I created about it before?

By the way I'm not on an Anti-Sony roll, just some moments ago I bashed Xbone for pathetic Frostbite engine performance:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/battlefront-ps4-footage-is-900p-at-e3-32222208/?page=1#js-message-343574206

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy

@Salt_The_Fries said:
@SolidTy said:

Oh look, another high rated game that the TC will never play but will make negative threads about. You have had five+ years to play this game TC, a shame you are dead-set against high quality, highly rated games that don't appear on your preferred brand.

I have no interest in this remaster as I played this game five years ago, but just like Gears of War Xbone, Zelda: Majora's 3D, Zelda OoT 3D, Celda: Wind Waker HD, Uncharted Collection, Master Chief Collection, GTA5 and more I'm not the targeted demographic.

No, I said it was another high rated game. It's God of War 3's turn I suppose.

You have made threads about Uncharted vs. Halo just this week (you don't play Uncharted), and that's just the tip of the ice-burg (Gran Turismo, The Last of Us, and other games you won't play have been featured in your threads).

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@SolidTy: Dafuq? Get out. I even tacitly admitted Halo is tad overrated on Metacritic.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

lmao is anyone actually surprised? Sony are without doubt the laziest when it comes to remasters - even square enix does a better job, and yet cows still lap it up.

Whats sad is that the usual Sony drones are defending this. Its got nothing to do with how good the game was - but everything to do with just how lazy Sony are with these cash grabs.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SolidTy

@SolidTy said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:
@SolidTy said:

I have no interest in this remaster as I played this game five years ago, but just like Gears of War Xbone, Zelda: Majora's 3D, Zelda OoT 3D, Celda: Wind Waker HD, Uncharted Collection, Master Chief Collection, GTA5 and more I'm not the targeted demographic.

No, I said it was another high rated game. It's God of War 3's turn I suppose.

You have made threads about Uncharted vs. Halo just this week (you don't play Uncharted), and that's just the tip of the ice-burg (Gran Turismo, The Last of Us, and other games you won't play have been featured in your threads).

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy: Dafuq? Get out. I even tacitly admitted Halo is tad overrated on Metacritic.

Dafuq?

You got angry again?

Get out of here with your whining about high quality games you have no interest in playing ever. You seem more desperate than ever with your polish site shots when we already have a review from Gamespot.com that has pictures and videos. You chose a low level site as it fits better with your agenda though, which is sad.

As far as this being a lazy port, GOW 3 might be a lazy port IF we trust your random polish site....however, God of War 3 was absolutely gorgeous on PS3 (one of the best, if not the best looking games last generation) so I imagine GOW3 holds up far better than most last gen ports. They increased the frame rate and remastered the game up for new fans. Again, I'm not interested in ports, but to each their own.

From what I've seen with Gamespot.com's own review, the stunning GOW3 visuals look a lot sharper and runs a lot smoother in GAMESPOT.COM's live video comparison. Their video comparison shows a nice difference in graphics.

Videos > Still shots.

Gamespot > random Polish site.

Hell, I'll take Eurogamer over the gibberish you found. I guess we should pretend your random polish site though is the final word on GOW 3? Okay, if you say so as you are well known to be a voice of reason (the opposite actually).

Talking about this game with you feels disingenuous; you don't actually care one iota about the GOW3 experience or any game that appears exclusively on PS no matter how good it is.

At least wait until a reputable site says this is a terrible remaster before bitching about yet ANOTHER high quality game you have absolutely no desire to ever play because it's not on the right plastic machine.

I imagine in another universe if Sony bought Bungie and M$ bought Naughty Dog, you would be the biggest ND fan ever and dislike Halo. How can we take your opinions seriously when that's the image you portray here?

I just play both and give my opinions on what I play or know. In this case, you are way too eager to hate on another game you never played.

Enclosed is a link above to Gamespot.com's video comparison they made special for fans of the games, for potential buyers, and people like you who have no interest in ever playing GOW 3 but want to report on it if there is potentially bad news.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

It doesn't surprise me that Sony is serving up another heaping pile of shit and Sony fans just eat it up.

Cows standards are so low that they enforce Sony to conduct business like this.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#19 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Most "Remasters" aren't. They are high res ports.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@SolidTy: You create an avalanche of words but your mind is as blank as Malevich's square.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy: You create an avalanche of words but your mind is as blank as Malevich's square.

You already used that tired line a few days ago on some other user. I suppose you just like looking at early 20th century blank art.

It seems the real Malevich Square fan is you, Malevich Square Pants.

I don't blame you since you have little to no experience to back your opinions on those alien PS products. I don't hold lifeforms accountable for things they don't understand.

It's ironic you say you like music, but you post like a broken record.

To reiterate for a second time since apparently the information was lost on you in my "avalanche of words", here's a link to Gamespot.com's GOW 3 PS3/PS4 video comparison by Kevin V. which is a much better link containing an actual video comparison than the low level, non-English Polish still screenshot's you are relying on.

If you want to troll the GOW 3 game, at least use an English site for other GOW 3 fans and GOW 3 trolls to enjoy.

I look forward to your thread next week insincerely complaining about some other high quality game you will never play because it doesn't have an Xbox logo.
I look forward to your thread next week insincerely complaining about some other high quality game you will never play because it doesn't have an Xbox logo.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mems_1224

@SolidTy said:

@mems_1224: Oh joy, another very well known, drive by, butthurt lembo troll. :)

Take your mouth off the 360 controller and listen closely, lol.

Difference is I play way more Xbox games than both you lemons combined (over 100,000+ Gamerscore) and then I shape my opinions on my experiences. He has no PS2, PS3, PS4 machines. At least you dabbled with owning some PS products, although your strong bias as a lem is well known, especially for trolling. I'm certainly not making threads on games I don't play and will never play.

On the plus side, I managed to get a butthurt typical lem response from you my post to him, which is a bonus.

Besides a collection, I have a vast gamerscore with these 360 games and far more on my gamertag.
Besides a collection, I have a vast gamerscore with these 360 games and far more on my gamertag.

predictable disruptive copy and pasted long winded post saying nothing. you need a new thing little man.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#23 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts
@SolidTy said:

Thats one terrible game collection. Halo Gears repeat lol your gamerscore nothing impressive either. I have 23k and i never play xbox. i stop caring about xbox 2008 lol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Definitely the weakest remaster I've seen.

Expect God of War: Ascension afterwards for a mere $40.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@ProtossX said:

How is it not a remaster?

its 1080p its 60 FPS thats twice as many frames and a huge upscale

nobody claimed it was a remake its definetly not a port cuz the game was never on PC

The only problem is the game should be like 20 bucks maybe 10 if you like can u prove u own the ps3 version on your account or something.

40 is way too high cuz MCC was 60 and had like 4 games on it and they add tons of stuff to halo 2

Dude can you comment in a thread without ever bringing up MCC? Everytime you comment on any topic, you always bring up Halo. What is wrong with you? You sound like a broken record.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26  Edited By tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@ProtossX: @getyeryayasout: @RR360DD: @Cloud_imperium: @FoxbatAlpha: @SolidTy: @KillzoneSnake: @freedomfreak: @mems_1224: @Salt_The_Fries: @Chutebox: @Slashkice:i translated it (google, i salute you):

It has to be a " remaster " ? - A comparison of screenshots from God of War III on PS3 and PS4

How does the God of War III on PS3 and PS4 could check a week ago. Then we had to check however, only the video . This time we received a comparative screenshots , so you can see the graphics situation in the smallest details .

It is safe to say that the frenzy is gone. Developers restored "laziness " limited themselves to PS4 mainly to raise texture resolution . In addition, the " unlocked " framerate , so the animation in the game for the PS4 should be a little more fluid. However, the project is called " remaster " and I guess you could say that a little exaggerated . Those who have passed already game on PS3 will be difficult to convince you that it's worth trying this title also on the PS4 - with such minor visual differences .
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidTy

@KillzoneSnake said:
@SolidTy said:

Thats one terrible game collection. Halo Gears repeat lol your gamerscore nothing impressive either. I have 23k and i never play xbox. i stop caring about xbox 2008 lol

But that's not my even close to my entire Xbox 360 collection, that's a fraction of my 360 collection I happen to have a pic for. It would take multiple pictures to get my entire 360 collection and tbh no one would care if I took a bunch of pictures of only Xbox games. That's not to say I don't have plenty of other game collections as well.

You are right, there is Halo, GeoW, in there, but also other good stuff. It's not like you are showing anything cool, mang. As far as my Gamerscore, it's 30,000 higher than I posted, but to be fair, with me playing PC, handhelds, PS systems...it's hard to only get Gamerscore on just Xbox that uber high since I game on various machines. If I ONLY played Xbox, yeah, you'd have a point.

What if I told you the amount of Wii U and Wii games I beat with that gamerscore, would that help? What if I added in handheld, retro, and PC games to the list? What if I told you I had 120+ PSN platinums as well? What would it take to impress you,I wonder? If I did impress you, will you give me a gift? That would be cool, I would love a gift for finally impressing someone in SW for once in my life.

Not sure what else to say other than here's some other pics that I happen to have laying around on this HDD that may be more to your tastes...(if not, what evs).

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By freedomfreak

@tushar172787: Whatever the hell it is, it's weaksauce and overpriced.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tushar172787

@freedomfreak: just giving the translation, to whoever wants to know. not jumping to conclusions or anything :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak

@tushar172787: Oh, I thought you asked me if it had to be a remaster.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy

@tushar172787: I wouldn't have bothered translating a garbage site that didn't matter until today. Do you really want SW to read foreign terrible reviews of Halo, Mario, and Uncharted? Do you like the idea of Non-English sourced threads used in SW? It's already a no-no for years here, and part of that is because many trolls have lied or embellished in the past using foreign language to mislead users in SW. Considering you are pretty new here (April 2015), I guess you didn't know the long time SW past with these rink-a-dink, foreign sites. Oftentimes, we find the sites themselves are fake or clickbait. That poor polish site is probably run out of some poor guys garage relying on clickbait for hits and didn't deserve your time.

It's just some low level site the TC is using to further an agenda.

I already linked Gamespot.com's actual GOW3 video twice. http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/god-of-war-3-remastered-review/1900-6416185/#js-message-343574637/

At least GS is not a low level foreign site (the site we are on) and made a video for comparison.

Just use the official Gamespot.com Video instead of some polish screen pics, especially since the remaster worked on frames as well as visuals.

Video > pics.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tushar172787

@SolidTy: some fanboys need help with their lazy DC so that i can watch both sides flame... or are you saying it's not worth it for 5 mins of google copy/paste translate?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Malevich Square Pants.

lol

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SolidTy

@SolidTy said:

@tushar172787: I wouldn't have bothered translating a garbage site that didn't matter until today. Do you really want SW to read foreign terrible reviews of Halo, Mario, and Uncharted? Do you like the idea of Non-English sourced threads used in SW? It's already a no-no for years here, and part of that is because many trolls have lied or embellished in the past using foreign language to mislead users in SW. Considering you are pretty new here (April 2015), I guess you didn't know the long time SW past with these rink-a-dink, foreign sites. Oftentimes, we find the sites themselves are fake or clickbait. That poor polish site is probably run out of some poor guys garage relying on clickbait for hits and didn't deserve your time.

I already linked Gamespot.com's actual GOW3 video twice. http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/god-of-war-3-remastered-review/1900-6416185/#js-message-343574637/

At least GS is not a low level foreign site (the site we are on) and made a video for comparison.

Just use the official Gamespot.com Video instead of some polish screen pics, especially since the remaster worked on frames as well as visuals.

Video > pics.

@tushar172787 said:

@SolidTy: some fanboys need help with their lazy DC so that i can watch both sides flame... or are you saying it's not worth it for 5 mins of google copy/paste translate?

I'm saying that polish site, like the thousands of foreign threads in SW like this before over the many years, didn't deserve the hit you provided for the TC and the site, nor the 5 minutes of google when there are much better, more trusted sites on the web discussing the exact same subject, like Gamespot.com, which provided even a video on this very subject (GOW3 PS4 vs PS3).

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@ProtossX: mcc is not a standard nor a bar setter. It was meant to be extravagant(which failed in a way). Idk how ppl expect that attempt to trend and be a norm. 1 game in a remaster will always be normal. Yall cud keep trying tho.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SolidTy
@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidTy said:

Malevich Square Pants.

lol

I know, you want the Propane... :P

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tushar172787

@SolidTy said:

Video > pics.

hey, at least translating a garbage site > arguing with two insolent trolls who will never change their mind and continue to rant...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidTy
@tushar172787 said:
@SolidTy said:

Video > pics.

hey, at least translating a garbage site > arguing with two insolent trolls who will never change their mind and continue to rant...

Trust me, you don't want System Warriors to start using foreign garbage sites again to confuse everyone.

This place got nasty with misinformation trolls once upon a time.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tushar172787

@SolidTy said:
@tushar172787 said:
@SolidTy said:

Video > pics.

Trust me, you don't want System Warriors to start using foreign garbage sites again to confuse everyone.

This place got nasty with misinformation trolls once upon a time.

this will get locked soon anyway, i flagged it myself :P and probably other too..

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

SolidTY walks in owns every Lem and walks out.

TLHBO as usual.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mems_1224

@SolidTy said:
mems_1224 said:
@SolidTy said:

mems_1224: Oh joy, another very well known, drive by, butthurt lembo troll. :)

Difference is I play way more Xbox games than both you lemons combined (over 100,000+ Gamerscore) and then I shape my opinions on my experiences. He has no PS2, PS3, PS4 machines. At least you dabbled with owning some PS products, although your strong bias as a lem is well known, especially for trolling. I'm certainly not making threads on games I don't play and will never play.

On the plus side, I managed to get a butthurt typical lem response from you my post to him, which is a bonus.

predictable disruptive copy and pasted long winded post saying nothing. you need a new thing little man.

lol. Didn't need you to read, scrub.

Low level gamer lem-trolls like you aren't on my radar, even when your butthurt is so cute! **aw**

New thing? Like barely playing any games and just basic trolling in SW like you do? Nah, I'll leave that business to you.

Play some real games and get some gamerscore for your precious Xbox fiance so you have some actual points to discuss in SW besides teaching time wasting 101. ;)

damn, why are you so salty bruh? i dont need an essay on your saltiness

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#44 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I forgot this game was even coming out, and it definitely won't be a reason to turn my PS4 on. We knew it was going to be a straight forward port though, with minimal effort going forth.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SolidTy

mems_1224 said:
@SolidTy said:
mems_1224 said:
@SolidTy said:

mems_1224: Oh joy, another very well known, drive by, butthurt lembo troll. :)

lol. Didn't need you to read, scrub.

Low level gamer lem-trolls like you aren't on my radar, even when your butthurt is so cute! **aw**

New thing? Like barely playing any games and just basic trolling in SW like you do? Nah, I'll leave that business to you.

Play some real games and get some gamerscore for your precious Xbox fiance so you have some actual points to discuss in SW besides teaching time wasting 101. ;)

damn, why are you so salty bruh? i dont need an essay on your saltiness

Complaining about "Too many" words in a word text forum? CHECK

No substance trolling? CHECK

Non-Gamer response? CHECK

Truth be told, it seems like Butthurt lemMems and Saltyfries are competing for best Sodium User in SW.

I didn't mean to cause you tears when I posted to Salty and you read some of the letters.

@a-new-guardian said:

TLHBO as usual.

I solute your absolute brilliance.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mems_1224

@a-new-guardian said:

TLHBO as usual.

he hasn't walked out though. he just makes long winded copy and pasted posts with no actual worthwhile content because he just has to have the last word and needs attention. honestly, how the mods let him get away with disruptive posting is beyond me.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#47 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

This is why we can't have nice things.