God of War 3- good game or bad game?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by khoofia_pika (13556 posts) -

A lot of people say it's a disappointment when compared to God of War II, a lot of people say it's the best in series. What exactly do you people think it is, all the hype aside? Is it a good game or a bad game?

I, personally, think it's pretty good.

#2 Posted by ABCarmine (1937 posts) -

Graphics were great, Fighting was great, and the ending was great, but it was short and the boss battles were a little disappointing.

#3 Posted by Slashkice (13740 posts) -

Good game. God of War 2 is still better though.

#4 Posted by clone01 (25434 posts) -

I think its a great game. Enjoyed the entire series.

#5 Posted by eboyishere (12681 posts) -
the ending was a little too sappy...but it was ok
#6 Posted by idill23 (1135 posts) -

too short... But great game.

#7 Posted by AtariKidX (6375 posts) -
God of War 3 is one of the best games i have play........can't wait for GoW4.
#8 Posted by EggHeadMan (723 posts) -

amazing game

#9 Posted by Swift_Boss_A (14579 posts) -

GOW1: Better story.

GOW2: Better variety.

GOW3: Better gameplay.

Personally I find the GOW trilogy as one huge game split in 3 parts and each part can stand on its own merits. And no I haven't played the PSP versions and will pick up the origins collection at some point.

#10 Posted by RonnieLottinSF (1474 posts) -
Great game. One of the PS3's best.
#11 Posted by el3m2tigre (4232 posts) -

Graphics were great, Fighting was great, and the ending was great, but it was short and the boss battles were a little disappointing.

ABCarmine

I thought GOW had the most satisfying boss fights in a long time.

#12 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

The story is dumb, but the game is good.

#13 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

I enjoyed it a lot.

#14 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

I personally thought it wasn't good at all.

I never played God of War 1 or 2 though, so I can't compare it to those games.

#15 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43332 posts) -
A very good game, only wish it had more value. Pretty much only a worthy rent.
#16 Posted by 2saugat (1344 posts) -

No they should have just ended it at 2.

#17 Posted by theuncharted34 (14529 posts) -

*Outstanding* game.

#18 Posted by ABCarmine (1937 posts) -

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

el3m2tigre

I thought GOW had the most satisfying boss fights in a long time.

They were decent but the God of War series has been the king of boss fights imo and God of War 3 didn't live up to that crown.

#19 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

Good game, but I sincerely expected much much better.

#20 Posted by arkephonic (6702 posts) -

God of War 3 is amazing, certainly one of my favorite games this generation. It has the best gameplay in the series, and jaw droppingly good graphics. The boss fights are totally awesome.

I also like gory games and God of War 3 is very violent.

#21 Posted by Golden_Boy187 (787 posts) -

It was a good not great game

#22 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

They were decent but the God of War series has been the king of boss fights imo and God of War 3 didn't live up to that crown.

ABCarmine
Would you really consider God of War as a series the king of bossfights before the third one. The first only had about 3 if I recall and they weren't anything special although the Hydra was kinda cool. God of War 2 definitely stepped up in this regard and easily has the best bosses in the series. God of War 3 was maybe a step down from the second one in terms of bosses but still miles better than the first(I'll admit, the Zeus battle in the third game was a big disappointment).
#23 Posted by ABCarmine (1937 posts) -

[QUOTE="ABCarmine"]

tryagainlater

Would you really consider God of War as a series the king of bossfights before the third one. The first only had about 3 if I recall and they weren't anything special although the Hydra was kinda cool. God of War 2 definitely stepped up in this regard and easily has the best bosses in the series. God of War 3 was maybe a step down from the second one in terms of bosses but still miles better than the first(I'll admit, the Zeus battle in the third game was a big disappointment).

I haven't played much of the first one, bt the second one had fantastic boss fights that make me pop in the game just to play them again, but the third one was dissapointing compared to the second.

Btw, your sig man, it's great.

#24 Posted by Darth-Samus (3995 posts) -

No. It's not a good game. It's a great game!

#25 Posted by noob-saibot2010 (246 posts) -

not only god of war 3 but the hole franchize is not good but god.It was the only game that I wanted to go multiplat(I own a 360).I played first and two but this I haven't played yet.I have seen this game for about 2 hours of it's gameplay and TBH it looks amazing.

#26 Posted by aGOODdude (444 posts) -

It was the worst one out of 3 main GoW games...

But it was still a great game.

#27 Posted by WithoutGraceXII (1797 posts) -
Fantastic game, but I GoW II was better imo. Boss fight against Hades is hands down my favorite boss fight this generation (so far!).
#28 Posted by TheMoreYouOwn (3927 posts) -
Great game. Best in the series and one of the best this gen.
#29 Posted by Arach666 (23042 posts) -

It´s good but not great.

#30 Posted by commonfate (12990 posts) -

My only complaint was that it was short.

Very good game, best in the series.

#31 Posted by rumbalumba (2445 posts) -

it was good, but for me GoW1 and 2 were better.

#32 Posted by cloudff7tm (3975 posts) -
I thought it was pretty good.
#33 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

I would say it's a very...blah game!

>.>

Nah I enjoyed it. Kinda wished it was longer but oh well.

#34 Posted by N7v1K0 (5755 posts) -
Didn't like it at all, was very disappointed after hearing so many good things about it from everyone :(
#35 Posted by Lto_thaG (22611 posts) -

Not bad.

But a huge disappointment.

#36 Posted by mmmwksil (14534 posts) -

It was a major disappointment for me, especially after the superb God of War 2.

It all felt so empty, like they tried WAY too hard to top part 2, and it fell flat on its face. I'll look into part 4 if there is one, but otherwise the series ended with 2.

#37 Posted by abuabed (6606 posts) -
Neither, it's an excellent game!
#38 Posted by deathtarget04 (2266 posts) -

good game but not as great as the first 2. Dumb ending but i love the gore and boss fights so: 8.5/10

#39 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9503 posts) -
It was really good. I would say it had more meaning than any of the previous installments. The only thing I didn't really like was the story behind Pandora's box and why Krator wanted to get to it, its not like he hasn't opened it already. I would have had it be another mythical object that he searched for,
#40 Posted by TrapJak (2933 posts) -

God of War 3 is a good game.

But compared to 2, I never understood how Santa Monica couldnt make a more epic ending. It was so lackluster.

#41 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
Meh, I still haven't beaten it yet but I have enjoyed what I have played. I know I won't be going back to it.
#42 Posted by Heil68 (48431 posts) -
Awesome game, had a ton of fun playing the SP and am still having fun playing the challenges. Hope for another game in the near future.
#43 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (7460 posts) -
I loved it... Great game!
#45 Posted by KC_Hokie (16099 posts) -
Good rental.
#46 Posted by Chutebox (38720 posts) -

Not good, awesome.

#47 Posted by PAL360 (27385 posts) -

I havent played it from the start to end but, from my experience, it´s an awesome game.

#49 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

Great game, GoW 2 was a bit better though

#50 Posted by Minishdriveby (10520 posts) -
It was good, but was lacking compared to the first two. The first level was amazingly epic, scaling the mountain with Gaia, but then it declined a bit.