God of War 2 NOT 720P just 480P

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i thought they said it was.... guess this is not going to lok good on a PS3 and 50 inch HDTV..... No doubt the game will be really great. i wish Wii developers would look at this game and take it as an example of how games can look on the Wii.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Huh, give us a link to the info you are using.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 danneswegman
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/763/763624p3.html "Editor's Correction: After posting the review, we've gotten word from an SCEA representative that the game will support 480p on the PlayStation 3 but not 720p. Our error was due to crossed information and we're sorry for the confusion. We will report back once we have the final copy in our hands."
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
[QUOTE="danneswegman"]http://ps2.ign.com/articles/763/763624p3.html "Editor's Correction: After posting the review, we've gotten word from an SCEA representative that the game will support 480p on the PlayStation 3 but not 720p. Our error was due to crossed information and we're sorry for the confusion. We will report back once we have the final copy in our hands."

ownage approved. the game still looks amazing though, especially for a PS2 game
Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
ummm so ...... its just a ps2 game duhh it dosent support 720p
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
ummm so ...... its just a ps2 game duhh it dosent support 720pBlackfriend8
whaere have you been? lots of cows were praising the game for running in 720p while played on a PS3
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danneswegman
well, it doesn't matter, but it does for people with a BIG hdtv.. 480P games just don't look spectacular on it.. And maybe there are even jaggies problems on the pS3. the Backwards compatibility problems are still being reported even after the update. Guess it's wise to keep the PS2 on standby for now.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackfriend8"]ummm so ...... its just a ps2 game duhh it dosent support 720phazbazz
whaere have you been? lots of cows were praising the game for running in 720p while played on a PS3

And lem said so what.Now it's a big deal that it's only 480p?:roll:
gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Since I don't have a PS3, I could care less.  I will enjoy the hell out of this game on my PS2.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danneswegman
Since I don't have a PS3, I could care less.  I will enjoy the hell out of this game on my PS2.gwarlito
yup, me too.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danneswegman
bump fir the guy that didn't check befor he posted.
Me_Ur_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Me_Ur_Daddy
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackfriend8"]ummm so ...... its just a ps2 game duhh it dosent support 720phazbazz

this is grasping at straws at its finest, honeslty would 720 make this game look better ? i thought from the start it would reveal some texture limitations of ps2. sotc looks amazing on my hdtv and i dont even think its a 480p game.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
[QUOTE="danneswegman"]i thought they said it was.... guess this is not going to lok good on a PS3 and 50 inch HDTV..... No doubt the game will be really great. i wish Wii developers would look at this game and take it as an example of how games can look on the Wii.

Bu bu but...he said: [QUOTE="volumetricCloud"]"God of War II will not only be playable on the PlayStation 3, of course, but that it will run at a true HD resolution of 720p" - IGN GOTY 2007 CONFIRMED!?!??! I cant wait to play it on my Playstation 3 in 720P. Me = :) Release Date : March 13th 2007!

" Bu bu bu bu bu bu but.... um... ok. :shock:
Me_Ur_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Me_Ur_Daddy
[QUOTE="danneswegman"]well, it doesn't matter, but it does for people with a BIG hdtv.. 480P games just don't look spectacular on it.. And maybe there are even jaggies problems on the pS3. the Backwards compatibility problems are still being reported even after the update. Guess it's wise to keep the PS2 on standby for now.

send me a link to the problems plz, i wanna hear because i havent heard about that, especially not on the level of 360's problems
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
Who cares, its gonna be a great game anyway.
Me_Ur_Daddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Me_Ur_Daddy
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="danneswegman"]i thought they said it was.... guess this is not going to lok good on a PS3 and 50 inch HDTV..... No doubt the game will be really great. i wish Wii developers would look at this game and take it as an example of how games can look on the Wii.

Bu bu but...he said: [QUOTE="volumetricCloud"]"God of War II will not only be playable on the PlayStation 3, of course, but that it will run at a true HD resolution of 720p" - IGN GOTY 2007 CONFIRMED!?!??! I cant wait to play it on my Playstation 3 in 720P. Me = :) Release Date : March 13th 2007!

a link to a totally different guy :shock: dude your posts dont make sense im sorry who are you trying to own here, cus it wasnt that guys fault that IGN messed up and cant report properly.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="danneswegman"]i thought they said it was.... guess this is not going to lok good on a PS3 and 50 inch HDTV..... No doubt the game will be really great. i wish Wii developers would look at this game and take it as an example of how games can look on the Wii.

a link to a totally different guy :shock: dude your posts dont make sense im sorry who are you trying to own here, cus it wasnt that guys fault that IGN messed up and cant report properly.

Common Sense Message of the day: Wait for the damn game to be released before running your chops. You owned him, an he owned himself. Next? :shock:
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 danneswegman
yep, volumetricCloud was wrong, but he couldn't know.. it was IGN's mistake. sucks for volumetricCloud though. he's such a loyal sony fanboy
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="danneswegman"]i thought they said it was.... guess this is not going to lok good on a PS3 and 50 inch HDTV..... No doubt the game will be really great. i wish Wii developers would look at this game and take it as an example of how games can look on the Wii.

why did u edit my post and what are you trying to say here? that volumetricCloud wrote was wrong? he couldn't know.. but yes, NO 720P for God of War...

I dont edit OTHERS posts, sorry try again. If you think I am then notify the mods. He should have waited till the game came out. = SELF OWN.
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
So let me get this straight, they mentioned 720p on the PS3 and didn't even try it!?! Makes me question IGN even more than I already do...
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danneswegman
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="danneswegman"]i thought they said it was.... guess this is not going to lok good on a PS3 and 50 inch HDTV..... No doubt the game will be really great. i wish Wii developers would look at this game and take it as an example of how games can look on the Wii.

why did u edit my post and what are you trying to say here? that volumetricCloud wrote was wrong? he couldn't know.. but yes, NO 720P for God of War...

I dont edit OTHERS posts, sorry try again. If you think I am then notify the mods. He should have waited till the game came out. = SELF OWN.

allready deleted it. your post was so messy that i read it wrong. sorry bout that.