Goat Simulator Heading to Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Link

This is news super! so go away you silly person.

There are some things in life we didn’t know we wanted until they were created. Goat Simulator for the PC is one of those things, and I want it more than anything I've ever wanted.

Yes, you read that right, Goat Simulator.

“Goat Simulator is like an old school skating game, except instead of being a skater, you're a goat, and instead of doing tricks, you wreck stuff. It brings next-gen goat simulation to YOU. WASD to write history.”

It has been announced that the game will be coming to Steam. Goat Simulator will cost $9.99 and is set to release some point this spring. To celebrate this announcement, the developer (Coffee Stain Studios) has given us a new video, which can be viewed below, to keep us occupied until it’s released.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

That's hillarious :)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

TLCSHBO

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

Its funny how broken games *ahem* Surgeon Simulator *ahem* and half assed mods get passed for games these days

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#5 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I'd rather have a cat simulator.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

This game is going to give my goat boundary issues and weird ideas... =(

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Too late sweenix, I already made a thread :p

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-internet-makes-goat-simulator-a-real-game-31075648/#17

@Sandulf29 said:

Its funny how broken games *ahem* Surgeon Simulator *ahem* and half assed mods get passed for games these days

Yeah, so weird people find games good because they give them fun.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sandulf29

@R4gn4r0k said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-internet-makes-goat-simulator-a-real-game-31075648/#17

@Sandulf29 said:

Yeah I am friends with penguin of doom and he likes such randomness in games and buys these while holding up spork, plays them for an hour and then realizes it isn't fun anymore and wasn't worth spending 10 bucks on.

There are good sims like Arma series, Euro Truck Simulator, Train Simulator. There are uber awesome fun games like LEGO games, Scribblenauts tons of ber-awesome indies like Stanley Parable, Poker Night, Stacking, Deponia, Organ Trail etc. Then there are games like HL2, Just Cause 2, GTA IV, Skyrim which offer some great mods (High King of Skyrim is my current fav).......and then there are games like Woodcutter Simulator, Stalin vs. Martians and this where funny and randomness doesn't make up for everything else.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@Sandulf29 said:

Yeah I am friends with penguin of doom and he likes such randomness in games and buys these while holding up spork, plays them for an hour and then realizes it isn't fun anymore and wasn't worth spending 10 bucks on.

There are good sims like Arma series, Euro Truck Simulator, Train Simulator. There are uber awesome fun games like LEGO games, Scribblenauts tons of ber-awesome indies like Stanley Parable, Poker Night, Stacking, Deponia, Organ Trail etc. Then there are games like HL2, Just Cause 2, GTA IV, Skyrim which offer some great mods (High King of Skyrim is my current fav).......and then there are games like Woodcutter Simulator, Stalin vs. Martians and this where funny and randomness doesn't make up for everything else.

I would never get fun out of Woodcutting, Truck or Farm Simulator myself, but if they give other people fun, than they must be doing something right.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sandulf29

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Sandulf29 said:

I would never get fun out of Woodcutting, Truck or Farm Simulator myself, but if they give other people fun, than they must be doing something right.

That's the thing...Woodcutter Simulator isn't fun......players gave it terrible reviews complaining how weird game mechanics were and how it was unplayable and unfinished product and yet it is there on store for 15 bucks with which you can buy better games. Stalin vs martians....game so terrible that devs themselves took it off market. Many people bought it thinking it would be a decent game and funny to watch Stalin dance. Too bad tho that wasn't good enough to make up for how broken game was. Then there is a game called Probably Archery which was based on QWOP gimmick but with archery...which attracts fair amount of attraction but after one hour of playing it you won't touch it again so again not worth paying ten bucks. Perhaps after Surgeon Sim, it has become a trend to make games with near impossible wonky controls but that feeling of novelty doesn't last long. And this goat simulator...well you can get Skyrim, download a mod that allows you to set any race, set your race to mountain goat or chicken and you can around doing the same thing so again not worth the money

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Sandulf29 said:

TSHBO!

(The Sweenix HBO!)

I don't think this game warrants 2 threads. :P