Giantbombs Best Xbox360 game..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for liquidsnake1987
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 liquidsnake1987
Member since 2004 • 4750 Posts
http://www.giantbomb.com/features/best-of-2008/1/?category=2
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50712 Posts

The bias!

Seriously though, kinda surprising...

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
Wow, that was a surprise.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

http://www.giantbomb.com/features/best-of-2008/1/?category=2liquidsnake1987

linked

MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
Banjo? one man's treasure is another man's trash.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Whoa Banjo Kazooie didn't even cross my mind when I was thinking of possibilities.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
Wow :shock: I would never have guessed that it was [spoiler] banjoo kazooie [/spoiler]
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
Again, you've gotta be ******' kidding me.:| Where is Marlo?
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Unexpected.
Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
http://www.giantbomb.com/features/best-of-2008/1/?category=2liquidsnake1987
Thats awsome and im having a blast with it!!! Seriously you guys should check it out its not that bad. It may not be how you guys wanted it to be but i never played the first ones and well this one got me into the series.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Looks like it will come down to GTA IV and MGS4 for GOTY , I doubt they would go with Banjo.

• Mr. Davis picked MGS4 for GOTY on 1up yours
  • Jeff would go with GTA IV most likely. He wants to keep his street cred and thinks MGS is silly in general.
  • It all comes down to Vinny and Brad and how much influence Jeff has at the end of the day. Brad's GOTY was Banjo by the way.

So probably GTA IV I'm assuming then ?

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
ehmm what?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
Again, you've gotta be ******' kidding me.:| Where is Marlo?bez2083
I thought this was best Xbox 360 game of the year, not Wii or Game of the Year...
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
If this really is the best xbox game for the year then the 360's line up for the year has to be the lulz :lol:
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

If this really is the best xbox game for the year then the 360's line up for the year has to be the lulz :lol:Espada12

Or that Banjo Kazoie is quite possible the most unfairly bashed video game released this year. Seriously, gamers constantly go on about wanting innovation and change, but when it comes to their all time faviourite games, all they want is a sequel that stays true to the original. It's a complete contradiction. The same can be said about Prince of Persia. Bah, gamers annoy me. The only developers that will innovate are the ones that are allready good at developing, and that means the usage of old IPs.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]If this really is the best xbox game for the year then the 360's line up for the year has to be the lulz :lol:WasntAvailable

Or that Banjo Kazoie is quite possible the most unfairly bashed video game released this year. Seriously, gamers constantly go on about wanting innovation and change, but when it comes to their all time faviourite games, all they want is a sequel that stays true to the original. It's a complete contradiction. The same can be said about Prince of Persia. Bah, gamers annoy me. The only developers that will innovate are the ones that are allready good at developing, and that means the usage of old IPs.

Innovation and change are overrated, and I hate when games get overhyped and unneccessary attention because they have those two qualities about them when the game itself is mediocre (littlebigplanet)

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts
Again, you've gotta be ******' kidding me.:| Where is Marlo?bez2083
Mario isn't on the Xbox 360.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WasntAvailable
[QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]If this really is the best xbox game for the year then the 360's line up for the year has to be the lulz :lol:Espada12

Innovation and change are overrated, and I hate when games get overhyped and unneccessary attention because they have those two qualities about them when the game itself is mediocre (littlebigplanet)

If that were the case we would still be playing Super Mario World 10 on the SNES MK X1. Without innovation the industry can not move forward, and with a clear lack of it, things start to go round in loops. Games like LBP are a step forward is user content implemntation. Hopefully following LBP developers will look for ways to improve the implementation of user content. LBP is a great gane by the way, I don't know what you're getting at.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts
[QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]If this really is the best xbox game for the year then the 360's line up for the year has to be the lulz :lol:Espada12

Then keep playing your re-hashes then. That's what you guys want anyway.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Aaaaaaaaaaaand Gears fails again!!!

-

-

lol just messing with you :P

pi3m4ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pi3m4ster
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts
eh they gave it 5 stars
X360BestEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 X360BestEver
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

Aaaaaaaaaaaand Gears fails again!!!

-

-

lol just messing with you :P

GreenGoblin2099

again?

gears 1 never failed.

it scored 9.6 here, got GOTY and got AIAS goty overall and is rated higher than games like mgs4

you fail :)

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Espada12
[QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="WasntAvailable"]

Willy105

So you prefer a mediocre innovative game than an excellent rehash? Cool, but I guess that's your opinion on the matter.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Wow..that was a curve ball. Personally I hate the game, but to each his own :?
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WasntAvailable
[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

So you prefer a mediocre innovative game than an excellent rehash? Cool, but I guess that's your opinion on the matter.

I don't. I prefer a great innovative game over a great rehash. It makes sense after all, seeing as Nuts and Bolts is a great game that manages to do something new at the same time, rather than what would have been just a great game.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Espada12

WasntAvailable

If that were the case we would still be playing Super Mario World 10 on the SNES MK X1. Without innovation the industry can not move forward, and with a clear lack of it, things start to go round in loops. Games like LBP are a step forward is user content implemntation. Hopefully following LBP developers will look for ways to improve the implementation of user content. LBP is a great gane by the way, I don't know what you're getting at.

Notice I said I hate innovation when the game is mediorce yet it is treated like when the second coming of jesus.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="WasntAvailable"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Notice I said I hate innovation when the game is mediorce yet it is treated like when the second coming of jesus.

But the game isn't mediocre and it was never treated like the second coming of jesus...:|
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="WasntAvailable"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Second coming of jesus, wasn't the game bashed for having vehicle gameplay before it came out?
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts

Giantbomb got it right.

As for multiplatform; I'm stuck between Prince of Persia and Mirror's Edge; can't really make up my mind.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
The Giant Bomb crew are total fanboys for that game, or at least Jeff and Brad are. I don't understand why. The graphics are kitschy and annoying, the "funny" talk is irksome and the humor not funny at all. Maybe the vehiciling can be fun, but it certainly wasn't in the demo mission I tried out. Either the cart handled too finicky or the camera couldn't keep up when trying to keep those things from biting that other thing in the eyes, can't remember. It all led to me not having a good time anyway. Even if other missions are better I can't see myself stomaching the style of that game... Positively repulsive it is.
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts

The Giant Bomb crew are total fanboys for that game, or at least Jeff and Brad are. I don't understand why. The graphics are kitschy and annoying, the "funny" talk is irksome and the humor not funny at all. Maybe the vehiciling can be fun, but it certainly wasn't in the demo mission I tried out. Either the cart handled too finicky or the camera couldn't keep up when trying to keep those things from biting that other thing in the eyes, can't remember. It all led to me not having a good time anyway. Even if other missions are better I can't see myself stomaching the style of that game... Positively repulsive it is.InsaneBasura

1) Graphics are beautiful you are insane.

2) The "funny" talk is a two second midi file per paragraph of speech; hardly irksome.

3) Yes ineed the vehicles are fun, especially since the tiers of parts available in the full game absolutely eclipse the demo and put it to shame.

4) The physics are wonky yes, but I've had no problems with the camera.

5) Your final verdict is the polar opposite of mine.

spliffstar12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 spliffstar12
Member since 2008 • 1281 Posts
great game
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
Maybe I overlooked it then and should give it a go.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
that was unexpected. that game has ZERO buzz.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
While it's unexpected, it's definitely a great game, and my favorite of the games that I have played. Although I'm not the best person to comment on it, because I've only played a small fragment of the great games this year. :P
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
If this really is the best xbox game for the year then the 360's line up for the year has to be the lulz :lol:Espada12
This guy = November NPD Non-shooter = non-game
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Espada12

DrinkDuff

But the game isn't mediocre and it was never treated like the second coming of jesus...:|

Referring to LBP.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Espada12

mitu123

Second coming of jesus, wasn't the game bashed for having vehicle gameplay before it came out?

Refering to LBP.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]If this really is the best xbox game for the year then the 360's line up for the year has to be the lulz :lol:Senor_Kami
This guy = November NPD Non-shooter = non-game

Yea I mean I sure mentioned shooters right? Ninja Gaiden and Gears 2 IMo are the best 360 games for the year.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
it truly deserved it