Ghost Recon for the 360 will get a 10 in Graphics.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bastard360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bastard360
Member since 2005 • 880 Posts
Well a bit more than 3 months GRAW is back and can boast to be the most impressive game I've seen running on a Xbox 360. Yes, it's that good!

Graphically first, GRAW in motion should convince everyone. Forget about the screenshots and their sometimes weird colors. Once the HDR kicks in and the camera starts reacting convincingly to the sun and light/shadow zone, everything clicks together and seems perfectly natural. This is the first time for me that HDR is not just a graphical gimmick and makes perfect sense, like how it handles with the sniper rifle if you look in a too bright zone.
The HDR also allows for a very distinct mood depending on the time of day. Some levels will be visited for example at dusk, and then at noon, and look very different thanks to the completely different lighting.
Of course such a great lighting required a great shadowing system too. And in this too GRAW does not disappoint, as every shadow in the game is completely realtime. No more bad joining between the different type of shadows from static and dynamic objects, now everything is treated the same way, allowing for big objects like trees to sway with the wind while having their shadow moving along. It's quite impressive once in a helicopter to see these hundreds buildings casting these convincing shadows. A developer told me that the shadows alone used more than 30 MB of RAM. Yes, that's half of the memory of a good old Xbox...
The framerate was also very good, locked at 30 fps most of the time. Considering the team still has almost one month to polish the game, I'm quite convinced they will be able to lock it for good and kill the last few graphical bugs I've seen in the preview build.

Excerpt from
Considering his saw Fight Night round 3 and stills considers
GRAW is back and can boast to be the most impressive game I've seen running on a Xbox 360.
http://xboxyde.com/news_2506_en.html

This is grounds for the first 10 in Graphics on Gamespot for the 360.

Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Funky_Hamster
Member since 2005 • 6593 Posts
THREE MONTHS? I thought it was out in March?
McLarenAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 McLarenAK47
Member since 2003 • 14169 Posts
we'll see
xxxWigginsxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxxWigginsxxx
Member since 2005 • 1181 Posts
I dont think so.
Bastard360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bastard360
THREE MONTHS? I thought it was out in March?Funky_Hamster

No he was refering to X05 which was I think in OCT 05.

It's slated for March the 7th. 2006

And a Review on Gamespot of  9.2:D
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

I guess I'll check out the PC version.

Any chance of this Ghost Recon actually being good, or will it be a dissapointment like the second?

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts
I still think it's trash..
asadNAWABI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 asadNAWABI
Member since 2005 • 5157 Posts

it might get that unless greg rates it

Bastard360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bastard360

Any chance of this Ghost Recon actually being good, or will it be a dissapointment like the second?

Xanog1

It will only dissapoint if you get the watered down PC version.:x

Bastard360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bastard360

asadNAWABI

8.9 tops. unless it's 9.0 and pulls a PDZ
rocklegacy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 rocklegacy2
Member since 2005 • 8428 Posts
I doubt it.
Jonsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jonsghost
Member since 2003 • 1029 Posts
best on pc
Deeetroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deeetroy
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts
i hope this game flops, i really want this series to die after the many f' ups they did to it.......then again it might be good
PS2Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PS2Hawk
Member since 2003 • 4180 Posts
[QUOTE="Bastard360"]

Xanog1

Battlefield 2 on pc looks better than that crap!
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Xanog1
If you want the gameplay like in first GR then PC version is your only choice. It will have worse graphics, but GR1-like gameplay, unlike 360version that follows the SOCOMized path of GR2
CYBORG5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CYBORG5
Member since 2005 • 2530 Posts
[QUOTE="Bastard360"] [QUOTE="Xanog1"]

PS2Hawk

Battlefield 2 on pc looks better than that crap!

The GRAW image doesn't look like crap but you're right  ins saying that Battlefield 2 on PC looks better than it.

imtjnotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 imtjnotu
Member since 2003 • 3360 Posts
wat were the last 5 games that got a ten in grapchics
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="Bastard360"]

Xanog1

Watered down? DDpeneds..it will have watered down visuals(altough the latests 360 screnshots don't look a lot better than pc pnes, they do look better, but it's not huge diffrence), but at the same time 360 GRAW will have watered down gameplay. Sorry I prefer a bit worse graphics, but real tactical gameplay, yoyu obviously care for graphics only, being contnt with arcade GhostRecon And in tactical shooters graphics don't mean much...I mean..this game looks like crap compared to even PC GRAW  and yet you can be sure Armed Assault will own the living crap out of any military shooter UbiSoft will ever make
Pnkpnther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pnkpnther16
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts
For those who say the 360 will have watered down gameplay, the 360 version is what they focus on the most. Same with splinter cell 4. They are both different developments from the pc versions and last gen versions.
RimlaFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RimlaFX
Member since 2004 • 3180 Posts

the smaller the maps the more you can do with graphics, and this game is an example. One of the bf2 maps for pc has a bigger playing field than all the maps combined in ghost recon.

and lets not forget that you need 2gb if memory in order to play bf2 online in order to run smooth. This just shows that still images dont mean crap. But I know that 360 developers are brainwashing people in order to suck people in with fancy colors and lighting.

and also lets not forget that ghost recon runs at locked 30fps for xbox360, so much for next generation experience.:lol:

and the thread creator must be on drugs to think it will get a 10 in graphics.:lol:

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AdrianWerner
For those who say the 360 will have watered down gameplay, the 360 version is what they focus on the most. Same with splinter cell 4. They are both different developments from the pc versions and last gen versions.Pnkpnther16
Ubi doesn't habe to focus on pc version, they're not the ones developing it. ubi handles all console versions of GRAW and obviously 360 one is main focus, but PC version is handled by GRIN, independnt developer that Ubi hired just to make sure PC GRAW will be true tactical experience that PCgamers will like, instead of arcadish 360 version. It's actualy not so much a matter of focusing dev's attention. Simply put Ubi believes that simplier more arcadish GhostRecon is what will sell the most on 360, while at the same time they know such game won't sell well on PC. For this type of game to sell on PC... it needs to be complex, tactical and realistic enough to satisfy PCgamers, while at the same time if they would mak 360 version like that it would most likely sell like crap
Pnkpnther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pnkpnther16
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts

[QUOTE="Pnkpnther16"]For those who say the 360 will have watered down gameplay, the 360 version is what they focus on the most. Same with splinter cell 4. They are both different developments from the pc versions and last gen versions.AdrianWerner
Ubi doesn't habe to focus on pc version, they're not the ones developing it. ubi handles all console versions of GRAW and obviously 360 one is main focus, but PC version is handled by GRIN, independnt developer that Ubi hired just to make sure PC GRAW will be true tactical experience that PCgamers will like, instead of arcadish 360 version. It's actualy not so much a matter of focusing dev's attention. Simply put Ubi believes that simplier more arcadish GhostRecon is what will sell the most on 360, while at the same time they know such game won't sell well on PC. For this type of game to sell on PC... it needs to be complex, tactical and realistic enough to satisfy PCgamers, while at the same time if they would mak 360 version like that it would most likely sell like crap

After watching devs talking about this game. They made the xbox version more tactical and realistic than any of the others. You cant say it wont. Youll have to play it.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="Pnkpnther16"]For those who say the 360 will have watered down gameplay, the 360 version is what they focus on the most. Same with splinter cell 4. They are both different developments from the pc versions and last gen versions.Pnkpnther16

After watching devs talking about this game. They made the xbox version more tactical and realistic than any of the others. You cant say it wont. Youll have to play it.

Not really. I;'m sure it will be more tactical than Xbox version, but it does look very arcadish compared to PC version.. read the interviews with GRIN to learn how diffrent the PC version will be from 360 one. Like the "little" detail that tactical map(fully functional including planning and issuing orders) that is avaible only in PC version. Even looking at 360 movies it's clear it's very arcadish. And I would like you to point me to devs talking how 360 verson will be more tactical and realistic than PC one :)
nauman_97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 nauman_97
Member since 2003 • 1098 Posts

asadNAWABI
i dont know about graw but splinter cell double agent is sure to get 10 in graphics this time no matter who reviews it.
Bastard360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bastard360
[QUOTE="asadNAWABI"]

nauman_97
i dont know about graw but splinter cell double agent is sure to get 10 in graphics this time no matter who reviews it.

Unless they are being pricks about it.

Ohhh the wall textures are amazing but it's too shiny!!!!! gets a 0 in graphics.
adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="Bastard360"]

Xanog1

Watered down? DDpeneds..it will have watered down visuals(altough the latests 360 screnshots don't look a lot better than pc pnes, they do look better, but it's not huge diffrence), but at the same time 360 GRAW will have watered down gameplay. Sorry I prefer a bit worse graphics, but real tactical gameplay, yoyu obviously care for graphics only, being contnt with arcade GhostRecon And in tactical shooters graphics don't mean much...I mean..this game looks like crap compared to even PC GRAW  and yet you can be sure Armed Assault will own the living crap out of any military shooter UbiSoft will ever make

:lol: at that sham #ss grass. lol.
  looks like it needs rogaine with monoxodil!  ROTFL! 

maybe I'm just too used to DOA4's grass now.  I can't take backwards steps.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="adrian1480"] [QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="Bastard360"]

Xanog1

:lol: at that sham #ss grass. lol.
  looks like it needs rogaine with monoxodil!  ROTFL! 

maybe I'm just too used to DOA4's grass now.  I can't take backwards steps.

well..the graphics don't look to hot :) But the draw-distance is amazing.
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 Warp_2567
Member since 2004 • 11701 Posts
[QUOTE="Bastard360"]

Xanog1

That pic reminds me of the Gundam pics on PS3. Weird
Bastard360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bastard360
You gotta admit GR on PC looks like ass,
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="Bastard360"]You gotta admit GR on PC looks like ass,

Nope..it looks very nice. it's nothing special, but it's definitly lookng nice. And seriously..latest Xbox360 screens aren't THAT much better looking
three60mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 three60mafia
Member since 2005 • 1076 Posts

Xanog1
Ghost Recon 2 was good. What are you talking about?
Jonsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jonsghost
Member since 2003 • 1029 Posts
hardcore gamers who want gameplay - PC version

casual noob graphic whores(lemmings) - 360 version
three60mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 three60mafia
[QUOTE="Jonsghost"]hardcore gamers who want gameplay - PC version

I'm pretty sure the gameplay will stay the same. And if anyone is a graphic whore, that may be the PC user. I'm a hardcore PC user, and a hradcore Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six player. And I don't consider my self casual. (hell I still play Street Fighter) I think on the 360 it even might be better. And please forget the Mouse and Keyboard controlls. There are so many skilled controller player that can beat PC players on the keyboard on the same game. 1. HDTV + Sofa = comfort. 2. Xbox Live + Headset = Voice support. I don't think the PC version supports voice at this time 3. Ghost Recon 2 + Xbox 360 = no need to upgrade PC, or worry of installation compatibility/issues 4. Ok, so the 360 version may not support as many players. It still will be fun online.
Silverwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Silverwa
Member since 2005 • 2353 Posts

BTW, for the time being, screens of the 360 version of GRAW are useless because they haven't released any that use the hi-resolution textures they just put in. Not to mention the fact that in looks godly in videos.

And for the GR1 fans, first person view is back.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="three60mafia"][QUOTE="Jonsghost"]hardcore gamers who want gameplay - PC version

I'm pretty sure the gameplay will stay the same.

Yes..the same as GR2. That's why a lot of GhostRecon1 veterans are hoping that at least PC version might play like GR1, instead of GR2
three60mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 three60mafia

BTW, for the time being, screens of the 360 version of GRAW are useless because they haven't released any that use the hi-resolution textures they just put in. Not to mention the fact that in looks godly in videos.

And for the GR1 fans, first person view is back.

Silverwa
FP View was avail. in GR2 also. btw, they said in GamInformer that the control scheme will be similar to Brother In Arms.