Getaway (PS3) Newbies, Come Here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts

I am sure we can all agree, this game is looking great:

Hopefully, the end product will end up looking like that.

But lets go back to the original getaway on the ps2. It also had some great looking pics:

But no, it ended up looking worse than GTA:

Teh supeh downgrade!

What makes cows think they won't do the same with the ps3?

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

Good point.

Oh, and for the record, it ISN'T The Getaway 2. Why do people keep forgetting about Getaway: Black Monday?
... y'know, besides the whole it being a forgetable game part. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Sony loves getting their devs to over promise and under-deliver. It is what they do.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
they better fix the controls and the physics,those were the two reasons i hated the getaway.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

Sony loves getting their devs to over promise and under-deliver. It is what they do.foxhound_fox

Don't go there buddy when Halo and Fable were xboxes biggest franchises last gen...just don't go there.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
When were those last two pictures released? Is this thread valid? I'm curious, not attacking anyone. That is a large difference.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
The game there looks great, but... 2005? I bet there is a downgrade. It's bound to happen. :o
Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Taz-Bone

When were those last two pictures released? Is this thread valid? I'm curious, not attacking anyone. That is a large difference.musicalmac
http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748448/imgs_1.html

http://uk.media.ps2.ign.com/media/014/014483/imgs_1.html

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
Give me some pix from 2007, because i don't trust e3 2005 screens from sony.
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
dont feel like posting the link but there has been real time vids of getaway using edge and it looked as good if not better.. dont expect a down grade
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Don't go there buddy when Halo and Fable were xboxes biggest franchises last gen...just don't go there.proof11102

Did I say they were the only ones? No...
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 proof11102

Anyways I agree with the OP.  The Getaway presentation that was shown was ingame engine with a controlable camera, but that doesn't tell us anything about how it would look implamented into a fully functional game.  Sonyfan/cows should not use those pictures for ownage. 

They should simple wait for new (reliable) footage to be show and let those old E3/TGS 05 & 06 pics sink where ever all those other pics from that time period have sunk to.  When new footage is finally shown we may find that the real game is not really all that worth hyping at all. Who knows, we have enough real, ingame footage demonstrations to not have to go back and use questionable pics and footage to show off our games anyway. 

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Taz-Bone
dont feel like posting the link but there has been real time vids of getaway using edge and it looked as good if not better.. dont expect a down gradeE_x_i_l_e
I have seen that video, its proves nothing IMO. This game won't look better than GTA4. And London is not just the west end, rest would probably look like crap.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Whats it matter if the graphics are great if the game is like the previous two?

e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts
even if this game gets downgraded it will still look better then almost every 360 game. hands down
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 proof11102

[QUOTE="proof11102"]Don't go there buddy when Halo and Fable were xboxes biggest franchises last gen...just don't go there.foxhound_fox

:| Then why did you make your incredibly bias comment?  Just felt like being a troll/fanboy?  If that comment you made could have been made towards other game companies and developers then really what was the purpose for saying what you said about sony here?

In all honesty MS has made way more promises and fallen way shorter than Sony has on delivering what they've said gamers would recive in the past.  (see Halo 2 and fable if you have any questions.) 

Aalex728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Aalex728
Member since 2005 • 655 Posts

Give me some pix from 2007, because i don't trust e3 2005 screens from sony.madmidnight

same

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 proof11102

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]dont feel like posting the link but there has been real time vids of getaway using edge and it looked as good if not better.. dont expect a down gradeTaz-Bone
I have seen that video, its proves nothing IMO. This game won't look better than GTA4. And London is not just the west end, rest would probably look like crap.

OP, I agreed with your original comment, but now you're just making fanboy assumptions. You don't know what the hell this game will look like and neither do I, so just cut the crap.  You should have just stuck to the facts instead of letting you limited knoledge based opinion come into this.

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Taz-Bone

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="proof11102"]Don't go there buddy when Halo and Fable were xboxes biggest franchises last gen...just don't go there.proof11102

:| Then why did you make your incredibly bias comment? Just felt like being a troll/fanboy? If that comment you made could have been made towards other game companies and developers then really what was the purpose for saying what you said about sony here?

In all honesty MS has made way more promises and fallen way shorter than Sony has on delivering what they've said gamers would recive in the past. (see Halo 2 and fable if you have any questions.)

killzone, and isnt getaway being developed by Sony Computer Entertainment?
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Sony loves getting their devs to over promise and under-deliver. It is what they do.proof11102

Don't go there buddy when Halo and Fable were xboxes biggest franchises last gen...just don't go there.

halo got AAA both times, and fable was only one game, not a franchise...
Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Taz-Bone

[QUOTE="Taz-Bone"][QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]dont feel like posting the link but there has been real time vids of getaway using edge and it looked as good if not better.. dont expect a down gradeproof11102

OP, I agreed with your original comment, but now you're just making fanboy assumptions. You don't know what the hell this game will look like and neither do I, so just cut the crap. You should have just stuck to the facts instead of letting you limited knoledge based opinion come into this.

the fact is last gen didn't deliver graphically, the game on a whole was crap. And don't be so quick to prance onto me and read the 2nd post under.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
The game will not look that good, see that 2005 on those screens, thats when sony was showing CGI and passing them off as gameplay. Go ahead Sony Fans believe, Get shafted again! BTW, GTA, Crackdown, and Saints Row are all better then the Getaway.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 proof11102
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="proof11102"]Don't go there buddy when Halo and Fable were xboxes biggest franchises last gen...just don't go there.Taz-Bone

:| Then why did you make your incredibly bias comment? Just felt like being a troll/fanboy? If that comment you made could have been made towards other game companies and developers then really what was the purpose for saying what you said about sony here?

In all honesty MS has made way more promises and fallen way shorter than Sony has on delivering what they've said gamers would recive in the past. (see Halo 2 and fable if you have any questions.)

killzone, and isnt getaway being developed by Sony Computer Entertainment?

Sry what?  and you are supposed to be sticking up for this guy.  I'd stop while I was ahead if I was you.  Let me give you a hint, Sony didn't do anything to this game aside from plublish it.  And tell me this...what exactly did they (sony) *PROMIS*with the game that they failed to accomplish?  Here's another hint...(nothing)

Halo 2 and fable on the other hand were both on full devleopment in microsoft studios and received hype not only from the produces but also MS reps as well. 

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Sry what?  and you are supposed to be sticking up for this guy.  I'd stop while I was ahead if I was you.  Let me give you a hint, Sony didn't do anything to this game aside from plublish it.  And tell me this...what exactly did they (sony) *PROMIS*with the game that they failed to accomplish?  Here's another hint...(nothing)

Halo 2 and fable on the other hand were both on full devleopment in microsoft studios and received hype not only from the produces but also MS reps as well. 

proof11102

What did Halo 2 score again? How was that not everything it was promised to be? You're awefully spiteful for someone who isn't properly informed.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 proof11102
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Sony loves getting their devs to over promise and under-deliver. It is what they do.killtactics

halo got AAA both times, and fable was only one game, not a franchise...

1.When I say hype/promioses for the halo franchise....Im specifically talking Halo 2.  Halo 1 didn't need any hype becausee it was a good game...it created it's own hype.

2. WTH does the score have to do with anything?  Do you konw how many xbox fans out there who said they were disappointed with this trashy game?  I don't give a **** what some idiot on a game web site got paid off to promote the game as Halo 2 is no better than 8.5--IMO really less but surly no better.

3. Why don't you read what the guy is saying and what I posted and realize that *score* has nothing to do with this.  Halo 2 was giving it's score because of it's incredibly impressive multiplayer campaign :roll: (too bad the game wasn't labled xbox live required for enjoyment or I wouldn't have bothered) but is that what was promised?  Do you even know what the hype (promises)  for Halo 2 was?  If not then why are you even making a comment?

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 proof11102
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

musicalmac

What did Halo 2 score again? How was that not everything it was promised to be? You're awefully spiteful for someone who isn't properly informed.

Actually I'm probably one of the most informed people on this board (surely more than you or anyone else here in this thread by the comments that have been made so far).  And I'm spiteful because I actully fell for the hype/promises that MS made before the games were launched and I acutlly paid full price for the games...then I returned them both less than 3 days after purchase after being highly disappointed

Should I try and find that Halo 2 GDC video were bill gates was present and Halo 2 looks as good and Halo 3 dose now....in that new Halo 3 video?

Stop making assumptions kid, I was the biggest xbox fan before I ever even touched PS2.  As a matter of fact it was the lameness of Halo 2 that finally made be breakdown and buy a PS2 and play a sony system for the first time ever. That's where the Halo 2's trade in money served me best.