Get up to SIX FREE GAMES with AMD Never Settle: Reloaded promo.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

AMD is teasing a new promo to launch on the 4th of Feb. Yes, that is in 3 days. In need of an upgrade? Well this looks like a good promo to jump.

2Pa4fhd.jpg

KLsisLP.png

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

all for the total price of an Entry Level Gaming PC! ($400)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Crysis 3 is a AMD title?
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
People shouldn't be fooled by these promotions. Retailers only have a certain amount of free games they are going to give for free, once that pools runs dry no free game for anyone. Right now there are 100's of people complaining on forums about these deals where the retailers are still advertising the promotions but have no free games left. BUYERS BEWARE!
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShadowDeathX
Crysis 3 is a AMD title?clyde46
I don't even know anymore. EA has good ties with both Nvidia and AMD. When Battlefield 3 released, you saw both companies marketing the game. Crysis 3 I guess is the same. Although Crytek and Nvidia are like best of buddies.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

That 7900 deal isn't bad if you're looking to upgrade.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"]Crysis 3 is a AMD title?ShadowDeathX
I don't even know anymore. EA has good ties with both Nvidia and AMD. When Battlefield 3 released, you saw both companies marketing the game. Crysis 3 I guess is the same. Although Crytek and Nvidia are like best of buddies.

I really hate how those guys market games. It's confusing and scary to see a big logo with NVIDIA: THE WAY IT SHOULD BE PLAYED!!! when you have an AMD card :P
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShadowDeathX
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Crysis 3 is a AMD title?locopatho

I really hate how those guys market games. It's confusing and scary to see a big logo with NVIDIA: THE WAY IT SHOULD BE PLAYED!!! when you have an AMD card :P

True. What I love even more is when a game is Nvidia sponsored, but runs better on AMD cards. LOL
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"] I don't even know anymore. EA has good ties with both Nvidia and AMD. When Battlefield 3 released, you saw both companies marketing the game. Crysis 3 I guess is the same. Although Crytek and Nvidia are like best of buddies.

True. What I love even more is when a game is Nvidia sponsored, but runs better on AMD cards. LOL

Yeah if I ever lose my job my plan B is sue NVIDIA for misleading logo :D
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Not very interested.

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
Yeah, and how much are those cards now?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Yeah, and how much are those cards now?game_masta14
7850 = 160$ 7870=210$ 7950=280$ 7970=360$
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Crysis 3 is a AMD title?clyde46
It's a PC title.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
AMD is desperate for sales :P
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
that 7900 deal is tempting.. and my 4890 is starting to struggle with more recent games.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
I'm not sure "pile of games I already have" constitutes much of a value add, AMD.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Crysis 3 is a AMD title?locopatho

You shouldn't be scared of that, you should be happy. Even if it is for a different brand it means that one of the companies provided assistance to the developer to make a better PC version. And it doesn't always work where it runs better on the brand that sponsored it. Recently, Far Cry 3 runs better on Nvidia cards, even though it is AMD.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

I'm not sure "pile of games I already have" constitutes much of a value add, AMD.lowe0

So, you already have Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3, despite none yet being released? :?

How are they, care to fetch me a few copies from the future?

Give these guys some credit, this is some fine advertising... much better than having some video with a GPU "dancing" to dubstep or whatever, which'll happen, eventually!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
I'm not sure "pile of games I already have" constitutes much of a value add, AMD.lowe0
Because everyone else must have the same exact games you have, right? There is totally no way whatsoever that someone looking to buy a new graphics card doesn't already have these games, right? :roll:
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]I'm not sure "pile of games I already have" constitutes much of a value add, AMD.Rocker6

So, you already have Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3, despite none yet being released? :?

Give these guys some credit, this is some fine advertising... much better than having some video with a GPU "dancing" to dubstep or whatever, which'll happen, eventually!

Check my Steam history. Preorders fully paid for. (I don't think Origin has a similar feature.)
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lowe0
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] Because everyone else must have the same exact games you have, right? There is totally no way whatsoever that someone looking to buy a new graphics card doesn't already have these games, right? :roll:

Those don't exactly seem like they'd be uncommon parts of one's library, especially if they're dropping $550 on two 79xx cards.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] Because everyone else must have the same exact games you have, right? There is totally no way whatsoever that someone looking to buy a new graphics card doesn't already have these games, right? :roll:

Those don't exactly seem like they'd be uncommon parts of one's library, especially if they're dropping $550 on two 79xx cards.

3 of those are not out yet, the other 3 are still relatively new. Not everyone buys every game that looks interesting. All things considered it's a good deal.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
For $560 w/out tax. Sounds like a steal :|. I'm sure these are download only too, making the deal even sketchier.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

AMD is desperate for sales :P 04dcarraher

It benefits AMD, software developers and the general x86 PC market. Software developers ussually seeks for OEM deals.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Wait... I thought crysis 3 was nvidia sponsored?

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]I'm not sure "pile of games I already have" constitutes much of a value add, AMD.lowe0

Check my Steam history. Preorders fully paid for. (I don't think Origin has a similar feature.)

Alright... but still, here, you'd be getting them for free... or at least for cheaper, if this offer adds some price to the original card value...

And obviously, just because you have them all, doesn't mean it applies to others... but wait, something seems off here...

Are you a Nvidia fanboy? :shock:

Because let me tell you, I have more love for consolite fanboys than for GPU fanboys... they're conflicting with the most defining PC platform trait... its open nature where you can pick any hardware combo you want!

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I'm still jumping through hoops with AMD and Ubisoft trying to get a working Far Cry 3 code from that 7970 deal...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

topgunmv
The first one was.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

The first one was.

Crysis 2's DX11 patch was nVidia sponsored.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Alright... but still, here, you'd be getting them for free... or at least for cheaper, if this offer adds some price to the original card value...

And obviously, just because you have them all, doesn't mean it applies to others... but wait, something seems off here...

Are you a Nvidia fanboy? :shock:

Because let me tell you, I have more love for consolite fanboys than for GPU fanboys... they're conflicting with the most defining PC platform trait... its open nature where you can pick any hardware combo you want!

I wouldn't describe myself as a "fanboy" (and honestly, I don't think any company would want a fan as harshly critical as me), but yes, with the exception of a 9700, a Rendition Verite 2200, and an S3 ViRGE, I've exclusively used Nvidia GPUs for the past 15 years or so.
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
Cool need to upgrade this just give me the excuse I need
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

After Thanksgiving they gave hitman absolution, far cry 3, and sleeping dogs with hd 7950. Awesome deal, made the $300 i spent even more worth it. Hope they have a combo with bioshock in the future around summer so i can make my rig even more awesome before i go off to college with crossfire and more free games.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
Wow I might have to get a 7970 after all. I was planning on buying Bioshock infinite and Crysis 3 anyway so that would take off the cost. I can also sell each of my 6950s for at least $100 each. Decisions, decisions...
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
No thanks. I own Sleeping Dogs already and the only others I would want is Tomb Raider and Farcry 3.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I'm still jumping through hoops with AMD and Ubisoft trying to get a working Far Cry 3 code from that 7970 deal...

whiskeystrike

lol Ubisoft

lol PC

:P