Get it together SONY! Read my story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

I admit I didnt preorder my ps4 but it has nothing to do with the issue that I'm having. I waited outside of target for 2 hrs to get a PS4, ok great that worked out fine, I get it home and it doesnt work! So finally I manage to get in touch with a support rep cause the lines were so busy and I ship the ps4 back, well yesterday I finally get my repaired ps4 and it still doesnt work!!! I'm now furious so to calm me down the rep offers me a free game either Killzone or Knack, Well I already purchased killzone so I stuck with getting Knack which I have no interest in and doesnt look like good game at all. When I get a working PS4 from Sony I will be selling it and going full fledged PC Gamer. I already own over 50 games on steam.

#2 Posted by j2zon2591 (2238 posts) -

Bummer. Hope you could think it over tho like play some KZ and Knack before finalizing your decision.

Goodluck!

#3 Posted by EZs (1310 posts) -

really bro... you bought a console at launch and expect everything to be perfect?

#4 Edited by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

@#@@

@EZs said:

really bro... you bought a console at launch and expect everything to be perfect?

Did you read my entire post? I shipped back the broken one and received another broken device. Does Sony even have a testing dept? Can we get some quality Assurance here. How is it possible for them to ship out broken consoles and get away with it after that huge fiasco at launch? Freakking game reviewers were receiving broken consoles! HUGE F*ck up on Sony's behalf

#5 Edited by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

Your fake story sucks, try harder LOL

#6 Posted by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

I bought a 360 and ps3 at launch. I replaced the xbox 3 times due to rrod and my original ps3 is still running strong, where did Sony go wrong?

#7 Edited by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -
#8 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

@fishsticklover:

@fishsticklover said:

Fake? why would I like about it? Find something better to do please.

Why you would lie? Because you're an attention seeking baby.

Prove that you send a PS4 back, and that your current one isn't working. Going by your posting history you bash consoles all the time.

#9 Posted by Nightflash28 (2054 posts) -

Reminds me of something that happened to me a few years ago: I built a new gaming PC. Once all was assembled, the thing didn't work. Turned out the MB was defect.
I returned it and got a replacement. That thing was also broken. The third one finally worked.

So I guess PCs suck (blame ASUS in specific, if you want) and I should sell my PC because I got unlucky with hardware.
My PS2 still works, My launch PS3 got the YLOD after 6 years of heavy use. So far, I can count up much more PC hardware failures (busted graphics card, PSU that wen up in smoke, faulty RAM, faulty MB, etc) than I ever had with consoles.

And you know what? I still play games on PC.

#10 Posted by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

@gamespot4life said:

@fishsticklover:

@fishsticklover said:

Prove that you send a PS4 back, and that your current one isn't working. Going by your posting history you bash consoles all the time.

First off I'm at work and secondly why would I prove anything to someone like you, you talk trash over the internet, pure trait of a loser. I bought a ps4 on launch day and 3 games, killzone, cod ghost and 2k14, costed around 525 because target had a deal where you buy 2 games you get a 3rd one for free. the ps4 would turn on but the games didnt load the screen would go blank and I couldnt power it down, now the new one doesnt even get a display at all. If you dont believe that then go suck a lemon.

#11 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

@fishsticklover said:

@gamespot4life said:

@fishsticklover:

@fishsticklover said:

First off I'm at work and secondly why would I prove anything to someone like you, you talk trash over the internet, pure trait of a loser. I bought a ps4 on launch day and 3 games, killzone, cod ghost and 2k14, costed around 525 because target had a deal where you buy 2 games you get a 3rd one for free. the ps4 would turn on but the games didnt load the screen would go blank and I couldnt power it down, now the new one doesnt even get a display at all. If you dont believe that then go suck a lemon.

Well i'm off to get some lemons then.

#12 Edited by TF626 (592 posts) -

Why do gamers get outraged when their devices don't work? Microsoft or Sony will make sure things get right and will fix it for you at no charge or replace your console.

Granted I have even fortunate in the past with my consoles I purchased at launch or near launch, I don't think I could parade around and be disappointed because it's nothing more than a device, a replaceable one at that.

It's not the end of the world. And you have been already WARNED by numerous publications that there is the possibility of bugs that need to ironed out, or hardware issues.

It's not the end of the world. Be grateful that you live in such a place where these devices exist. So many kids don't even know what a game console because less fortunate countries don't even enjoy the luxuries we have.

There are kids, and people starving all over the world. It's just a damn electronics device, that you can replace and damn sure they will make it right for the consumers. Chill out, bigger problems in the world than ranting over a game console.

People are ridiculous and thoughtless nowadays.

#13 Posted by stuff238 (611 posts) -

Story is fake because you asked for Knack. Any sane person would have simply gotten a second copy of Killzone SF to trade in as it has higher trade in value.

#14 Edited by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

@TF626 said:

Why do gamers get outraged when their devices don't work? Microsoft or Sony will make sure things get right and will fix it for you at no charge or replace your console.

Granted I have even fortunate in the past with my consoles I purchased at launch or near launch, I don't think I could parade around and be disappointed because it's nothing more than a device, a replaceable one at that.

It's not the end of the world. And you have been already WARNED by numerous publications that there is the possibility of bugs that need to ironed out, or hardware issues.

It's not the end of the world. Be great full that you live in such a place where these devices exist. So many kids don't even know what a game console because less fortunate countries don't even enjoy the luxuries we have.

There are kids, and people starving all over the world. It's just a damn electronics device, that you can replace and damn sure they will make it right for the consumers. Chill out, bigger problems in the world than ranting over a game console.

Dude lets go bring in the "less fortunate" argument. People have a right to be upset when they pay for a product and it doesnt work. Not to mention that I received 2 broken products and its not a cheap device.

#15 Posted by TF626 (592 posts) -

@gamespot4life: You are not going to be screwed over. Sony and Microsoft will do everything they can to get you a working console.

If you can't wait a few weeks, perhaps you should have waited a year. I still think it's pointless to be complaining about a game system. Sorry but I just find it stupid for people to complain about an electronic device.

If it happened to me I honestly wouldn't care, Sony and Microsoft are fighting for your hard earned dollar and they will get right.

People are too materialistic these days. Get over it, you'll live.

#16 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

@TF626 said:

It's not the end of the world. Be great full that you live in such a place where these devices exist. So many kids don't even know what a game console because less fortunate countries don't even enjoy the luxuries we have.

Dude lets go bring in the "less fortunate" argument. People have a right to be upset when they pay for a product and it doesnt work. Not to mention that I received 2 broken products and its not a cheap device.

Yes, you certaintly have the right to be upset over something that never happened.

#17 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6061 posts) -

Head on over to SonyGAF. There are 50+ pages on broken PS4's and only 4 pages on the X1. Even the overly biased Sony heads are having overwhelming problems.

#18 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

You're doing a very great choice choosing to go with PC gaming my friend.

#19 Edited by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

@stuff238 said:

Story is fake because you asked for Knack. Any sane person would have simply gotten a second copy of Killzone SF to trade in as it has higher trade in value.

lol how does that make my story fake? That is a good idea though, I didnt even think about trading the game in. But why would killzone have better trade in value when they both cost the same price. btw I lol'd because I find it funny how people are so quick to call people liars around here, must be jealousy. Ask me a question about the system and I can answer it. just dont ask a question about gameplay because the games never played for me. I opened it up to remove the HDD and all.

#20 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

@stuff238 said:

lol how does that make my story fake? That is a good idea though, I didnt even think about trading the game in. But why would killzone have better trade in value when they both cost the same price. btw I lol'd because I find it funny how people are so quick to call people liars around here, must be jealousy. Ask me a question about the system and I can answer it. just dont ask a question about gameplay because the games never played for me. I opened it up to remove the HDD and all.

Jealousy of what? I'm calling you a liar until you prove it with pictures or videos

#21 Posted by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

@TF626 said:

@gamespot4life: You are not going to be screwed over. Sony and Microsoft will do everything they can to get you a working console.

If you can't wait a few weeks, perhaps you should have waited a year. I still think it's pointless to be complaining about a game system. Sorry but I just find it stupid for people to complain about an electronic device.

If it happened to me I honestly wouldn't care, Sony and Microsoft are fighting for your hard earned dollar and they will get right.

People are too materialistic these days. Get over it, you'll live.

Maybe I shouldnt have used the word "furious" in my original comment, everyone seems to think im super pissed or something that I cant play my ps4, I dont rly give a hoot about playing it anymore, what bothers me is the lack of quality assurance or testing that they are currently doing. my 2nd ps4 didnt even get a display at all. if it was tested at all they would have noticed that.

#22 Posted by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

@gamespot4life said:

@stuff238 said:

Jealousy of what? I'm calling you a liar until you prove it with pictures or videos

Get a life dude. I just said ask me a question about the console and I would answer, your lucky I'm giving you that much.

#23 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

@fishsticklover said:

@gamespot4life said:

@stuff238 said:

Get a life dude. I just said ask me a question about the console and I would answer, your lucky I'm giving you that much.

It's easy to look things up. What do you want me to ask you? What color the menu is? LOL

Provide some real proof of your two broken PS4's.

#24 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

pretty pointless to be getting a ps4 or x1 at this point

#25 Edited by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

You're doing a very great choice choosing to go with PC gaming my friend.

I was pretty much already gaming on my pc most of the time, I played alot of minecraft on xbox though with my friends and gta5. I like technology and gaming is usually a great display of technology because there is contstant progress, so I wanted to see what the ps4 was capable of. receiving 2 broken ps4's kinda killed the hype for me and I dont rly care anymore so Im going to sell it and wait until good games come out to buy another one.

#26 Posted by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

@gamespot4life said:

@fishsticklover said:

@gamespot4life said:

@stuff238 said:

It's easy to look things up. What do you want me to ask you? What color the menu is? LOL

You dont think before you type do you? I wont be replying to anymore of your posts.

#27 Edited by Krelian-co (10240 posts) -

#28 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

#

@fishsticklover said:

@gamespot4life said:

@fishsticklover said:

@gamespot4life said:

@stuff238 said:

You dont think before you type do you? I wont be replying to anymore of your posts.

I don't really care. I just exposed you anyway. You can't provide any evidence, because everything you said is bs.

It's a shame that I never get to know why i'm "jealous" of you though, I really wanted to hear what nonsense you would come up with.

#29 Edited by gamespot4life (1215 posts) -

#

@gamespot4life said:

@fishsticklover said:

@gamespot4life said:

@fishsticklover said:

@gamespot4life said:

@stuff238 said:

I don't really care. I just exposed you anyway. You can't provide any evidence, because everything you said is bs.

It's a shame that I never get to know why i'm "jealous" of you though, I really wanted to hear what nonsense you would come up with.

Dude you asked me to provide you proof of 2 broken ps4's, how can i do that when 1 has already been returned, most importantly why do I need to make this story up? I had this account on gamespot since 2007 and I only have about 1200 posts. I dont posts on here for no reason. Your a fanboy just accept it

#30 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3960 posts) -

I thought they said they wouldn't be able to send out replacements until February.

#31 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

@fishsticklover said:

Head on over to SonyGAF. There are 50+ pages on broken PS4's and only 4 pages on the X1. Even the overly biased Sony heads are having overwhelming problems.

And everyone of those posts is a broken PS4 right? lmao I guess I got one of thos ehand vetted(lol) PS4's and so did all my friends, no problems thus.

Doesn't matter, to the normal consumer, the press has shown both consoles have had issues. :)

#32 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27327 posts) -

At best a blog post