Generation 7 Report Card Results

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

So how did your favorite system fair in generation 7 with goty exclusives?

Here are the results. 3DS and Vita did not receive a grade as they are on a pass/fail scale.

Taken from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_the_Year_awards#Video_game_specific_websites

So, as we can see, PS3 passed with flying colors, while the Pc, well... looks like someone will be repeating a grade.

#2 Posted by Telekill (4554 posts) -

I know I enjoyed the hell put of my PS3.

#3 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

lmfao

#4 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6660 posts) -

PS3 dominates... I did say it had the BEST exclusives. (quality > quantity). Metal Gear Solid 4, The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlanet, all among this gens best.

SDC

#5 Edited by naz99 (1318 posts) -

How silly of me!, I totally forgot I needed random online report cards to enjoy games and to tell me what games i enjoyed the most, thanks for opening my eyes, all those games I played that did not win some random goty exclusive award from some random website must actually be crap and I unwittingly convinced myself I was enjoying them.

For Shame :(

#6 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@naz99 said:

How silly of me!, I totally forgot I needed random online report cards to enjoy games and to tell me what games i enjoyed the most, thanks for opening my eyes, all those games I played that did not win some random goty exclusive award from some random website must actually be crap and I unwittingly convinced myself I was enjoying them.

Well, at least you learned something.

#7 Posted by lostrib (36250 posts) -

Couldn't care less

#8 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -
#9 Posted by jake44 (2009 posts) -

Interesting.

#10 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

They forgot the small note that says lower is better here and nobody should take us serious if higher was in fact better.

#11 Edited by TheFadeForever (1732 posts) -

good thing I can play most of the wii and xbox goty on pc

#12 Posted by millerlight89 (18516 posts) -

good thing I can play most of the wii and xbox goty on pc

How?

#13 Edited by TheFadeForever (1732 posts) -

@millerlight89:

Gears of War has a pc version the wii games can be rip and played with a emulator

#14 Posted by millerlight89 (18516 posts) -

@millerlight89:

Gears of War has a pc version the wii games can be rip and played with a emulator

Oh, so illegally. The 6th gen systems barely can be emulated properly. Much less 8th gen.

#15 Edited by TheFadeForever (1732 posts) -

@millerlight89:

emulator are not illegal and neither is ripping your own bios yourself and the wii emulator runs find for me two years ago

#16 Edited by Wasdie (49804 posts) -

Yet despite that, PC revenue grows like clockwork.

Though this is a terrible metric. We all know that multiplats are what dominate the market today. Even the best selling and most popular exclusives can't hold up to even the less popular multiplats.

#17 Edited by AdobeArtist (22855 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Though this is a terrible metric. We all know that multiplats are what dominate the market today. Even the best selling and most popular exclusives can't hold up to even the less popular multiplats.

So true. The best games of the 7th gen have been multiplat;

Mass Effect trilogy
Batman Arkham
Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed series
Skyrim
Deus Ex HR
Dragon Age Origins
Fallout 3 and Vegas
GTA IV, GTA V
RDR
Bioshock
Portal 1 and 2

#18 Posted by remiks00 (1830 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Mass Effect trilogy

Batman Arkham

Tomb Raider

Assassin's Creed series

Skyrim

Deus Ex HR

Dragon Age Origins

Fallout 3 and Vegas

GTA IV, GTA V

RDR

Bioshock

Portal 1 and 2

^This. Although I did enjoy The Last of Us completely, Gears of War, and Uncharted 2, I can't deny that most of the best console games I played last gen were multiplat...

#20 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Wasdie: the thread isn't about revenue or multiplats.

#21 Posted by soulitane (13495 posts) -

Cool, if you can't think for yourself.

#22 Posted by AdobeArtist (22855 posts) -

You made your argument. Wasdie and myself made our counter argument.

That's how forums work.

#23 Posted by lostrib (36250 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

You made your argument. Wasdie and myself made our counter argument.

That's how forums work.

but now you've fed the troll :(

#24 Posted by clr84651 (5414 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Couldn't care less

Of course not. Instead of Whoopty or I couldn't care less. How about not posting. Add something of substance, because these types of responses add nothing & are the same as not replying.

#25 Edited by lostrib (36250 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

Couldn't care less

Of course not. Instead of Whoopty or I couldn't care less. How about not posting. Add something of substance, because these types of responses add nothing & are the same as not replying.

Why? you never do

#26 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@AdobeArtist: Except you didn't counter anything. Did you post anything disproving what I initiated? No. I didn't post an argument. I posted facts. You changed the subject matter to save face.

#27 Edited by Motokid6 (5464 posts) -

I could care less. Console games have turned into over commercialized junk. The only game worth while will be Destiny. And even that will be Doritos and Mountain Dew'ed to hell I'm sure ( you know Halo 5 will be )

No ill stick with the games I like to play ( builders/sims ) which are not available on consoles and get their funding from the community. Y'know actual people.. people who actually play games instead of playing Metacritis scores, sales numbers and commercial advertising gimmicks.

It's ashame.. I love a good console game every now and then. But once I took a step back and looked at the big picture. That's what the industry has turned into.

#28 Edited by AdobeArtist (22855 posts) -

@AdobeArtist: Except you didn't counter anything. Did you post anything disproving what I initiated? No. I didn't post an argument. I posted facts. You changed the subject matter to save face.

One set of variables doesn't exist isolated from another set of variables just because you choose to ignore what you don't want to see. ALL the variables (exclusives, multiplats, sales) are part of the equation from which "facts" are derived. Thus how all facts balance against one another to establish the argument. That's debate in action.

If you have to selectively exclude information to support your argument, you had no tangible argument in the first place.

#29 Posted by Vatusus (4614 posts) -

SDC

#30 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

and thus SDC.

#31 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I hope PC repeats a grade.

If this gen is exactly like last gen then that'd be amazing for PC. It's already shaping up to be that way, so I'm happy.

#32 Edited by naz99 (1318 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@naz99 said:

Well, at least you learned something.

Yup, I learned that you are an idiot and you fail as a troll and are possibly one of the most useless people on these boards :)

Good for you champ

#33 Posted by blackace (20639 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I know I enjoyed the hell put of my PS3.

Me too.... and my Xbox 360, PSVita, Wii, 3DS & my PC. All those GoTY games were great fun.

Next.....

#34 Posted by scoots9 (3194 posts) -

3DS and Vita are 8th Gen. Chart needs DS and PSP.

#35 Posted by KBFloYd (13514 posts) -

omg...just let the ps3 die in peace...

it was horrible failure that almost ruined sony...

cows amaze me.

#36 Posted by regnaston (239 posts) -

Xbox 360 was easy to port to PC so they did it alot.

If I say Halo 2 you immediately think the Xbox 360 but it was also available on the PC.

In the end however does it matter how many other people think are good

#37 Posted by soulitane (13495 posts) -

If I say Halo 2 you immediately think the Xbox 360 but it was also available on the PC.

Why would someone think xbox 360 when you mention Halo 2 when it was never on the xbox 360?

#38 Posted by regnaston (239 posts) -

@regnaston said:

Why would someone think xbox 360 when you mention Halo 2 when it was never on the xbox 360?

Yeah you are right.. I misspoke (didn't really play Halo)... The point is valid though, there are many X360 titles that are also on the PC, but not on any other conole

#39 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@KBFloYd: how's that WiiU doing? ;)

Jelly confirmed.

#40 Posted by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

All my favorite games were exclusives this generation, with a few exceptions: Dark Souls, Resident Evil 5, Alice: Madness Returns, and... that's about it. Maybe just a few more, but exclusives dominated this generation... just not PC exclusives.

#41 Posted by BattleSpectre (5996 posts) -

Maybe it's a good thing if they need to repeat the grade. Lord knows both consoles need it so far.

#42 Edited by EZs (1310 posts) -

Sony Domination Continuation.

#43 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Mass Effect trilogy

Batman Arkham

Tomb Raider

Assassin's Creed series

Skyrim

Deus Ex HR

Dragon Age Origins

Fallout 3 and Vegas

GTA IV, GTA V

RDR

Bioshock

Portal 1 and 2

Quality = exclusives

Quantity = Multiplats

#44 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

PS3 ftw!

#45 Posted by TheEroica (13459 posts) -

@happyduds77: not sure I follow your exclusives = quality, multiplat = quantity idea? Multiplat of last Gen handily eclipsed exclusives in nearly everything. Obviously this is a topic built from personal experience, but C'mon... Is there really any debate.?

#46 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

@happyduds77: not sure I follow your exclusives = quality, multiplat = quantity idea? Multiplat of last Gen handily eclipsed exclusives in nearly everything. Obviously this is a topic built from personal experience, but C'mon... Is there really any debate.?

There are still great exclusives like Gears, Forza, Last of Us, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Mario Galaxy, etc that are all awesome

#47 Posted by AdobeArtist (22855 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

Mass Effect trilogy
Batman Arkham
Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed series
Skyrim
Deus Ex HR
Dragon Age Origins
Fallout 3 and Vegas
GTA IV, GTA V
RDR
Bioshock
Portal 1 and 2

Quality = exclusives

Quantity = Multiplats

So you're saying that multiplat games lacked in quality? OK, I'll give you Mass Effect 1 for frame rate issues but ME2 and 3 had much improved production value. Dragon Age 1 had lack luster graphics on consoles but still awesome RPG experience. And Skyrim had some issues (mostly on PS3 version). But Tomb Raider? Batman Arkham? AC? Deus Ex? Bioshock? You're really going to dispute the quality on those??

Overall multiplats overshadowed exclusives in both quantity and quality.

#48 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7496 posts) -

Praise our Sony overlords for delivering world class entertainment.

#49 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

I noticed MonsierX is avoiding this thread like the plague.

#50 Posted by cainetao11 (17423 posts) -

@naz99 said:

LOL This stuff is a real war to some of these people.