Gears of War: Judgement scored higher than God of War: Ascension?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

This is why reviews can't be trusted, and they are bought!

I have seen IGN littered with Judgement ads, so no wonder they scored it higher. I saw that coming a mile away.

Gears of war looks all the same, all you do is go in to an area with cover, cover and shoot. Rinse and repeat the whole game. God of War on the other hand, there is always scenery changes, the bosses are better, the enemies and combat is diverse and doesn't get dull. In gears, all you do i shoot. In God of war, you have different weapons and can pull off a lot of cool combos.

Do you believe Gears deserves a 9.2 from IGN compared to Ascension's getting 7.8?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Don't cry.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

U Mad?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Who cares they're both a waste of development time. Gears need a 5 years break and GoW has to come on ps4 to be half impressive.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Oh noez! IGN gave a game a higher score than another game! :roll:

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

I am sure Microsoft pays for all of their reviews. :roll:

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i think gow:A scored higher than Geow:J @ GT justice served.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

:D

234.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Grow the fvck up, it's topics like these that make the other cows look foolish. It's a bloody score. BTW, speaking as a huge God of War fan, Ascension is not their best effort.
Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Karpetburnz
Member since 2013 • 532 Posts

Why are going by IGN scores now? IGN is all over the place with their reviews. Ni No Kuni got a 9.4 from IGN anyway.

GoW:J has a 80 on Metacritic, which is exactly the same God of War Ascension. and even if one does score slightly higer than the other nobody gives a damn, people will still buy and enjoy both games.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

the media still has it out for my precious ps3!! :cry:

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I have not played either game and probably never will. Both are getting stale.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongDeadlift

KarateeeChop

:cool:This just goes to show why Cows need to start showing more restraint, like the other factions.  That way they wont constantly get "owned" like this. 

All of 2 people hyped this game (and said hype was within reasonable expectations), while God of War was supposed to be the end all be all.  

Cows, every game doesnt need to be hyped an AAAA world killer, "savior of the PS3", or singlehandedly pinning the PS3's entire year on this one game.  (same goes for The Last of Us, hint hint  )

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#15 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
Both games are meh looking.
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts
lol it got lower scores than ascension in alot more sites like GT,DS etc and also both have the same metascore and @StrongDeadlift you should stop talking now ...because you got owned soo bad with the metascore it's not even funny any more and lol xbox fanboys trust IGN now ?! what happend to "pro sony site" ?!
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

StrongDeadlift

:cool:This just goes to show why Cows need to start showing more restraint, like the other factions.  That way they wont constantly get "owned" like this. 

All of 2 people hyped this game (and said hype was within reasonable expectations), while God of War was supposed to be the end all be all.  

Cows, every game doesnt need to be hyped an AAAA world killer, "savior of the PS3", or singlehandedly pinning the PS3's entire year on this one game.  (same goes for The Last of Us, hint hint  )

Pretty pathetic to sit around hoping games get bad reviews. You have issues.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StrongDeadlift

@StrongDeadlift you should stop talking now ...because you got owned soo bad with the metascore it's not even funny any more shadiezz2012

Explain.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shadiezz2012

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

StrongDeadlift

what ?! who the game was hyped as an 8 game all along and ps3 have alot more exclusives to play and Ni No Kuni 86% meta is one of them you are trying way too hard dude your obsession with sony is not right ...you might end up in asylum
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

I haven't played them but it's probably just a case of fatigue with both of them. Is common for critics to give games in a given franchise lower and lower scores as new installments get released because after a while they take their quality for granted.

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Karpetburnz

lol it got lower scores than ascension in alot more sites like GT,DS etc and also both have the same metascore and @StrongDeadlift you should stop talking now ...because you got owned soo bad with the metascore it's not even funny any more and lol xbox fanboys trust IGN now ?! what happend to "pro sony site" ?! shadiezz2012

True, And PS3 has still had more higher scoring exclusives this year.

PS3

1.MLB 13:the show = 87

2.Ni No Nuni = 86

3.God of War:Ascension = 80

Xbox360

1. Gears of War: Judgment = 80

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shadiezz2012

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]@StrongDeadlift you should stop talking now ...because you got owned soo bad with the metascore it's not even funny any more StrongDeadlift

Explain.

lol you live in another world as it seem both those games have the same meta in another topic about gearsj IGN review every one is laughing at you if you don't know why you need help
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shadiezz2012

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]lol it got lower scores than ascension in alot more sites like GT,DS etc and also both have the same metascore and @StrongDeadlift you should stop talking now ...because you got owned soo bad with the metascore it's not even funny any more and lol xbox fanboys trust IGN now ?! what happend to "pro sony site" ?! Karpetburnz

PS3

2.Ni No Nuni = 86

Xbox360

dude you gonna make StrongDeadlift kill him self :lol:
Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Karpetburnz

If Lemmings want to start using IGN for ownage, Ni No Kuni got a 9.4 on IGN this year, Uncharted 3 got a 10 and Metal Gear Solid 4 got a 10, Infact has any Xbox exclusive ever got a 10 from IGN?

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]@StrongDeadlift you should stop talking now ...because you got owned soo bad with the metascore it's not even funny any more shadiezz2012

Explain.

lol you live in another world as it seem both those games have the same meta in another topic about gearsj IGN review every one is laughing at you if you don't know why you need help

Thats not an answer to what I asked. Explain how I got "owned" :)

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shadiezz2012

If Lemmings want to start using IGN for ownage, Ni No Kuni got a 9.4 on IGN this year, Uncharted 3 got a 10 and Metal Gear Solid 4 got a 10, Infact has any Xbox exclusive ever got a 10 from IGN?

Karpetburnz
i just found out that even uncharted wannabe (tomb raider) best version is on ps3 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tomb-raider-face-off lems can't get a break as it seems i will have to buy that game on pc though
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Meh one site gave a higher score, deal with it. It is an opinion. From the looks of it, both games will end up getting similar scores across the internet. And both series really need to end. Hopefully we'll see new IP's next gen from the respective developers.
while God of War was supposed to be the end all be all. StrongDeadlift
It was hyped AA, with a hyped thread containing way less posts than the GoW 3 one.
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
Yes the review was a real eyebrow raiser - but I take every review with a grain of salt tho
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

StrongBlackVine

Pretty pathetic to sit around hoping games get bad reviews. You have issues.

Who said im sitting around? :?

Ive made 7 posts on this forum in the past 48 hours.  5 of which were within the past 30 minutes.  

http://www.gamespot.com/users/StrongDeadlift/contributions?mode=forum

You, on the other hand, have made 100 posts in that same timeframe

http://www.gamespot.com/users/StrongBlackVine/contributions?mode=forum&page=4

But nice attempt to "son" me, tho ;)

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shadiezz2012

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

Explain.

StrongDeadlift

Thats not an answer to what I asked. Explain how I got "owned" :)

Wha ...?! 0_0 ?!

look at your sig and look at what gears got

you were laughing about GOWA 79% but you got owned with it being 80% now

and ...out of now where gears get the same metascore and you dare to talk here like it some kind of win for you ?!

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Karpetburnz

[QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

shadiezz2012

i just found out that even uncharted wannabe (tomb raider) best version is on ps3 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tomb-raider-face-off lems can't get a break as it seems i will have to buy that game on pc though

This year has been rubbish for Lems, after GoW:J they have nothing left to look foward to, PS3 has still got The Last of Us and Beyond:Two Souls.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shadiezz2012

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

Karpetburnz

This year has been rubbish for Lems, after GoW:J they have nothing left to look foward to, PS3 has still got The Last of Us and Beyond:Two Souls.

there is also alot more than just those two
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StrongDeadlift

Wha ...?! 0_0 ?! look at your sig and look at what gears got shadiezz2012

And? :?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29365386/secret-code-in-gow-a-teases-new-setting-new-hero?page=0

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

oh man, I cant way for Gears: Judgement to come out and be trashed the same way as GoW:A because of franchise fatigue

StrongDeadlift

And I would care about that why exactly? :?

Now, I dare you, to find a post of me hyping Gears Judgement, Saying anything positive about it, or even talking about the game.  (as in actually talking about it).  

Actually, I dare you to find a post of me hyping or saying anything positive about the Gears of War franchise on this website EVER.  Ill wait ;)

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
Yes the review was a real eyebrow raiser - but I take every review with a grain of salt thojoel_c17
According to IGN, apparently the same ol' boring Gears multiplayer is better than Ascensions new multiplayer. Ascensions multiplauer introduces so many new things that it makes gear's multiplayer look redundant.
Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Karpetburnz

[QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"] i just found out that even uncharted wannabe (tomb raider) best version is on ps3 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tomb-raider-face-off lems can't get a break as it seems i will have to buy that game on pc though shadiezz2012

there is also alot more than just those two

yeah, those are the ones im interested in the most, theres still a lot more I couldve listed.

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
[QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

shadiezz2012

Hold on, hold on, hold on... Uncharted wannabe? You do know Tomb Raider came out in '96, correct?
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Strongdeadlift will never get laid when he spends all his time calculating everyones posts per day and crying over Sony domination.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shadiezz2012

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]

And? :?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29365386/secret-code-in-gow-a-teases-new-setting-new-hero?page=0

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

oh man, I cant way for Gears: Judgement to come out and be trashed the same way as GoW:A because of franchise fatigue

StrongDeadlift

And I would care about that why exactly? :?

Now, I dare you, to find a post of me hyping Gears Judgement, Saying anything positive about it, or even talking about the game.  (as in actually talking about it).  

Actually, I dare you to find a post of me hyping or saying anything positive about the Gears of War franchise on this website EVER.  Ill wait ;)

it just enough for me that you got owned with your own sig are you going to make sig about lems too ??! and who said GOWA is the be all and end all ?! the hype was 8 and it got 8 you keep own your self every time you comment and every one here know that you hate sony like they raped you when you were child
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts
from what I've seen of the campaign so far the gameplay looks very meaty, lots more enemies to contend with at any given time, way more shootery in that regard, I don't see why one would be in denial that this could turn out to actually be good
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shadiezz2012
[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

ShaineTheNerd

Hold on, hold on, hold on... Uncharted wannabe? You do know Tomb Raider came out in '96, correct?

] plz point me to every thing uncharted took from old TR with videos and/or pics and if you think the new TR didn't take alot of uncharted than there is no point to talk
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"] And I would care about that why exactly? :?shadiezz2012

it just enough for me that you got owned with your own sig are you going to make sig about lems too ??! and who said GOWA is the be all and end all ?! the hype was 8 and it got 8 you keep own your self every time you comment and every one here know that you hate sony like they raped you when you were child

Why would I make a sig about lems?  Much less entertaining :D

They dont cry about every negative thing said about MS, like cows do ;)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Criticizes Gears for being more of the same then praises God of War. :lol: I never understood why people take reviews seriously and why they get upset when a game they like doesnt score as high as they want. Its really stupid.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
Eurogamer gave it an 8 to God of Wars 7 whats the problem?
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Both GoW and GeoW are getting boring in my eyes; though for the record, they are both at 80 on metacritic, oh the drama!

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Cows Butthurt much? :lol:

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shadiezz2012

Eurogamer gave it an 8 to God of Wars 7 whats the problem?Jack-Burton
Digital spy give GOWA a 8/10 and give GearsJ a 6/10

GameTailers give GOWA higher score too

and  more site did that too

whats the problem?;)

both have the same metascore anyway:P

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xhawk27

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]lol it got lower scores than ascension in alot more sites like GT,DS etc and also both have the same metascore and @StrongDeadlift you should stop talking now ...because you got owned soo bad with the metascore it's not even funny any more and lol xbox fanboys trust IGN now ?! what happend to "pro sony site" ?! Karpetburnz

PS3

2.Ni No Nuni = 86

Xbox360

Baseball is boring like the PS3 exclusives. :lol:

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xhawk27

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Eurogamer gave it an 8 to God of Wars 7 whats the problem?shadiezz2012
Digital spy give GOWA a 8/10 and give GearsJ a 6/10 GT give GOWA higher score too and lot more site did that too whats the problem?;)

Digital spy never heard of it. Must be a Sony fanboy site. ;)

Avatar image for MstaPrimeMnista
MstaPrimeMnista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MstaPrimeMnista
Member since 2013 • 1042 Posts

I haven't played them but it's probably just a case of fatigue with both of them. Is common for critics to give games in a given franchise lower and lower scores as new installments get released because after a while they take their quality for granted.

Wickerman777
Mario has gotten crappier, yet the scores have gotten better.