Gears of War collection?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Uh Oh

As much as I love the Gears series....I am about done with these remasters ( Halo: MCC will be awesome though )

Phil Spencer, who makes the decisions about what games will come to Xbox platforms, recently retweeted a tweet about a "Marcus Fenix Collection" Xbox One bundle that would hypothetically include remastered versions of Gears of War 1-3. Unfortunately, it wasn't a sign that such a bundle is in the works.

Spencer now says it was a "mistake" to retweet the message. That doesn't mean he's not excited about the future of Gears of War, however. "Love the passion for Gears, but no announce," he said.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If they put the effort into it that they did for the MCC, then I'd be all for it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Gears of war collection, uncharted collection, forza collection, god of war collection, infamous collection, fable collection incoming

There is so much hype surrounding Halo collection and TLOU remastered this year that I'm not surprised really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

See guys, remasters can be alright.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I look forward to when they make a remaster collection collection

Liked The God of War Saga remastered!

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

I skipped GOW 3, so i'll be all for it if done well.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I can see why it could work, but personally I wouldn't be interested in it that much...MCC Collection is fine as it is, but GoW collection could open a new precedent to milk everything left and right. Of course the whole collection is a lot better than an individual title. Would it contain Judgment as well btw?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

To be honest, I am tired of collections of games I already own. I said this two years ago and last year, and I still feel it today. Financially, it's a good move for the company, but as a consumer it doesn't interest me. I'm not even buying Halo Master Chief Collection since I've played those and own those.

I paid hundreds of dollars on a launch Xbone for new experiences. It's why I buy launch machines. These cross plat games and collections just don't get me excited at all.

However, I'm interested in GeoW4 and Halo 5 when those release.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

I don't see the point with a Gears collection. The reason that the MCC is so good is because you can properly play games that have discontinued online (the awful PC ports don't count). They also added forge, theater, Halo 5 beta, the PC exclusive maps and a lot of other things to make it more than a simple remake. You can play all the Gears games online still on the 360 and they held up well graphically.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I can see why it could work, but personally I wouldn't be interested in it that much...MCC Collection is fine as it is, but GoW collection could open a new precedent to milk everything left and right. Of course the whole collection is a lot better than an individual title. Would it contain Judgment as well btw?

Nope just 1 thru 3 it looks like ( if it's happening ) since Marcus wasn't in Judgment ( game sucked too )

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Meh, I wouldn't buy these games again. The campaigns are decent, but not really memorable aside from the first one, and the multiplayer for all of them are nothing but shotgun fests.

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

I didn't own the 360 and never play a GoW game. If this were coming out I would pre-order this second for my X1.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chikenfriedrice

@BronxBomber said:

I didn't own the 360 and never play a GoW game. If this were coming out I would pre-order this second for my X1.

Well folks like you are the reason something like this makes sense.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: idk why people hate judgement. I thought the combat controls were better, the locations were cool, and i loved the idea of those little challenges you can take on at each chapter, ie we only had pistols, etc.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chikenfriedrice

@millerlight89 said:

@chikenfriedrice: idk why people hate judgement. I thought the combat controls were better, the locations were cool, and i loved the idea of those little challenges you can take on at each chapter, ie we only had pistols, etc.

Really? I couldn't stand it....nothing felt right about it to me. Marcus and Cliffy B were missed.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

As much as I love Gears and as much as I love the idea of the MCC, the Gears Collection would be a no buy for me.

I think they are too similar, kinda like if you played one, you played them all.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Add Judgment...

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

the multiplayer was good but the campaigns were meh, if the game sells well i will probably buy it just because of its multiplayer

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I don't mind these collections so long as they are not getting in the way of real game development. It seems like we are getting these "remasters" left and right, but we really aren't. Maybe 1 or 2 a month, and some of those were so recent they were more like cross-gen titles than remasters (i.e. Metro, Sleeping Dogs, Last of Us, etc). A couple of them were lame, but for the most part it's better to have these options. A 1080p Gears collection seems completely logical, and therefore probably inevitable.

There's still a number of PS2 collections I would have loved to have seen, and I can think of a handful of PS3/360 era games that would be pretty cool remastered at full 1080p (particularly those that struggled to run on last gen hardware).

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I absolutely love Gears of War and will totally buy this day 1 even if I have all the Gears of War games on 360. I'm that much of a Gears of War aficionado.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

God no, let's remaster older games. Like what is going on with resident evil. I'd love for them to remaster Silent Hill 1,2,3. Though, 2 and 3 still hold up. I'd love to see Silent Hill 1 given the Halo treatment.