Gears 2 & NG2 or KZ2 & MGS4 : Which Group Is More Highly Anticipated?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Which group of games is (generally) more highly anticipated among gamers? and which group you personally anticipate the most?

1- Gears of War 2 + Ninja Gaiden 2

2- Kill Zone 2 + Metal Gear Solid 4

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts
i would have to say MGS4 group since people have been waiting for mgs since before the ps3 launched
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

It's MGS4 vs GeOW2

I don't think people are anticipating KZ2 for the game itself. I think people just want to see how it will turn out based on the hype, predictions, and budget spent on it. And NG2 is whatever to most people

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts

MGS4+ Ninja Gaiden 2

**** the other two

1337cole1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1337cole1337
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts

It's MGS4 vs GeOW2

I don't think people are anticipating KZ2 for the game itself. I think people just want to see how it will turn out based on the hype, predictions, and budget spent on it. And NG2 is whatever to most people

f50p90

lmao ng2 is whatever? seriously its the best game in its genre, and as far as the genre goes even devil may cry gets alot of hype.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
People have been anticipating Killzone 2 and MGS4 alot longer.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

[QUOTE="f50p90"]

It's MGS4 vs GeOW2

1337cole1337

lmao ng2 is whatever? seriously its the best game in its genre, and as far as the genre goes even devil may cry gets alot of hype.

I read no NG game has ever sold more than a million. So that seems like whatever to most people, to me

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#8 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
I would rather have MGS4 and NG2 over KZ2 and Gears 2 any day really...
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
While I do enjoy some NG(i like DMC series more) I would go with the MGS4 & KZ2 pack. I love the MGS series and I actually liked KZ1.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
I'd have to say MGS4 and KZ2, not so much KZ2, but mostly MGS4. people have been looking forward to that game for years.. Back when GeoW was still being hyped. KZ2 hasn't has as much hype, but its been known/talked about for just as long. And, for me personally, I'm not all TOO excited about GeoW2, or NG2. but I must say, GeoW2 does look like it's going to be another great game from Epic.
jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts

Ninja Gaiden is a 9.4 and Gears is a 9.6

KZ is a 6.9 and MGS2 (the highest rated one) is a 9.6

It would make sense that NG2 and Geow2 are more anticipated, especially considering how much Geow sold, but cows are going to deny this.

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkCloud79
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts
I would have to replace KZ2 with Resistance 2, since KZ2 may not make it 08.
xn71102244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xn71102244
Member since 2008 • 240 Posts
MGS4 VS NG2 I GO WITH NG2 BEST ACTION game EVER CREATED
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zassimick  Moderator

It would make sense that NG2 and Geow2 are more anticipated, especially considering how much Geow sold, but cows are going to deny this.

jbz7890

Those games may be rated higher, but that doesn't mean they are more anticipated.

One reason why MGS4 is so anticipated within the video game community is because it is the final chapter in a long saga of games and people want to know how it will end. Wanting to know what happens isn't dependent on score at all.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

People have been anticipating Killzone 2 and MGS4 alot longer. SaintBlaze

but people have been anticipating NG2 and GeoW2 a lot MORE

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts
i think it's MGS4 + Resistance 2 + KZ2 but more resistance and mgs than killzone now, all the killzone hype is pretty much to see if guerilla games can make a good game
jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts
[QUOTE="jbz7890"]

Zassimick

Those games may be rated higher, but that doesn't mean they are more anticipated.

One reason why MGS4 is so anticipated within the video game community is because it is the final chapter in a long saga of games and people want to know how it will end. Wanting to know what happens isn't dependent on score at all.

Very True.

Keep in mind, GeoW was just announced. But i will say that NG, GeoW and MGS are all top games in their genres. KZ simply doesnt deserve mention with these other games.

Hihatrider87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hihatrider87
Member since 2007 • 1042 Posts
ps3 group by a long shot. all those titles look good though. my only problem is that they're all sequels. what new ips are coming out this year?
lathan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 lathan94
Member since 2007 • 482 Posts

Get killzone 2 off the list nobody cares about that game. All the ps3 has going for it is MSG4. And dont give me that final fantasy crap, i hate final fantasy as a matter of fact i hate every japanese rpg ever made. Gears 2 and NG2 both look excellent, especially NG2. MSG4 is going to be the only great game coming out for the ps3 anytime soon.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
ps3 group by a long shot. all those titles look good though. my only problem is that they're all sequels. what new ips are coming out this year?Hihatrider87
this is why i like the ps 3 line up more. for games like infamous,lbp ect.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zassimick  Moderator

Very True.

Keep in mind, GeoW was just announced. But i will say that NG, GeoW and MGS are all top games in their genres. KZ simply doesnt deserve mention with these other games.

jbz7890

I agree almost completely with you.

The only reason I am anticipating KZ2 is to see whether it fails again or succeeds this time around. :lol: Its sad when I'm anticipating to see how well a game does instead of anticipating the game itself.

But really, the competition should be something like Gears 2 & NG2 versus MGS4 & GoW3 or something along those lines, not necessarily that.

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts
[QUOTE="Zassimick"][QUOTE="jbz7890"]

jbz7890

Very True.

And what if Killzone 2 gets AAA everywhere? let me guess, still sucks because you never played the first and saw that it had a bad score? Oh :|

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
MGS4 alone is more anticipated simply because PS3 owners haven't had an exclusive big hit game yet and they're banking on MGS4 to be the first. Killzone left a bad taste in everyones mouth, I wouldn't anticipate that if it was the last game I would ever play.
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts
For anticipation I would have to say the PS3 group, nothing out of those games is hyped more than MGS4.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

Get killzone 2 off the list nobody cares about that game. All the ps3 has going for it is MSG4. And dont give me that final fantasy crap, i hate final fantasy as a matter of fact i hate every japanese rpg ever made. Gears 2 and NG2 both look excellent, especially NG2. MSG4 is going to be the only great game coming out for the ps3 anytime soon.

lathan94
and you now this because. are you forgeting sony's first party games. infamous, team ico ect.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zassimick  Moderator

[QUOTE="Hihatrider87"]ps3 group by a long shot. all those titles look good though. my only problem is that they're all sequels. what new ips are coming out this year?GARRYTH
this is why i like the ps 3 line up more. for games like infamous,lbp ect.

OMG I'm sooo excited for InFamous! I don't know why though. I've never played a Sly Cooper game so I don't know the devs at all but the game just seems fun from that first video, plus I'm a sucker for having the choice of being good or evil in games. :D :twisted:

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zassimick  Moderator

MGS4 alone is more anticipated simply because PS3 owners haven't had an exclusive big hit game yet and they're banking on MGS4 to be the first. Killzone left a bad taste in everyones mouth, I wouldn't anticipate that if it was the last game I would ever play.Pro_wrestler

Of course its cause PS3 owners don't have a big exclusive title.

They don't care about how the story in this saga that has started in the NES days will end, or how good the gameplay is. Nah, they only care about having a big exclusive to boast about it here on System Wars. :|

-dark-shadow-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -dark-shadow-
Member since 2007 • 985 Posts

lathan94
Yeah, in your opinion maybe but I also hate JRPGs but I'm really excited for LittleBigPlanet and MGS4. :) Gears of War is really boring to me, I like Rainbow Six Vegas a lot more.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

lathan94

Just cause you dont like KZ and FF that they shoudlint be mentioned. I think thats very fanboyish. I honestly could care less for gears 2.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

easily the 360 choice

2 good games vs just the 1

Gears 2, NG2 and MGS4 come from proven series .. we can't be sure killzone 2 will be good based on the first .. seeing good graphics isn't enough

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]MGS4 alone is more anticipated simply because PS3 owners haven't had an exclusive big hit game yet and they're banking on MGS4 to be the first. Killzone left a bad taste in everyones mouth, I wouldn't anticipate that if it was the last game I would ever play.Zassimick

They don't care about how the story in this saga that has started in the NES days will end, or how good the gameplay is. Nah, they only care about having a big exclusive to boast about it here on System Wars. :|

Exactly!

Srsly, what do you think I meant? What first amazing exclusive game has the PS3 had both critically and sales-wise? They are banking on MGS4 to be the first in both regards. Killzone 2 doesn't have the foundation to be hyped like MGS does, so it shouldn't be stationed along side MGS4 IMO.

What your saying can also apply to anyone that likes MGS4 not just PS3 owners.:|

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
mgs along holds more weight then the other two
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zassimick  Moderator
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

Pro_wrestler

Exactly!

Srsly, what do you think I meant? What first amazing exclusive game has the PS3 had both critically and sales-wise? They are banking on MGS4 to be the first in both regards. Killzone 2 doesn't have the foundation to be hyped like MGS does, so it shouldn't be stationed along side MGS4 IMO.

What your saying can also apply to anyone that likes MGS4 not just PS3 owners.:|

I was using sarcasm. Most of the reason people are anticipating MGS4 is because they want to find out what happens and they want to play the game. I'm pretty sure when a gamer has a controller in his/her hands and is finally playing the game, the last thing they will be thinking about is "Haha! Lemmings and sheep don't get to play this game! A point for us cows!"

Same goes for other games in series, lets say NG2. People want to play a new chapter and fight new enemies with the amazing gameplay, they aren't going to care about the sales of the game while playing it.

And I do agree that KZ2 doesn't have the foundation to be hyped, only the budget, the videos shown, and a hands-on report of a demo from journalists are our only foundation. To me, that doesn't warrant high anticipation just yet.

If I'm mistaken in what you are saying with any of this, I apologize.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]MGS4 alone is more anticipated simply because PS3 owners haven't had an exclusive big hit game yet and they're banking on MGS4 to be the first. Killzone left a bad taste in everyones mouth, I wouldn't anticipate that if it was the last game I would ever play.Pro_wrestler

Exactly!

thats very narrowminded. People have been hyping up MGS4 since before the PS3 was released. How did we know back then that the PS3 wouldnt have any major exclusives (as u so eloquently put it)? To think the PS3 owners only want MGS4 because its a major exclusive is very narrowminded. Thats like saying Halo 1 only got high ratings because it was the only game on Xbox that didnt suck...

Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

I don't care about KZ2 or Gears2

MGS4 and NG2 will be better than them both in my opinion.

I don't really understand why KZ2 is hyped though. I'd rather look forward to Resistance 2 or what will most likely appear in 09 GoW3.