Gather round kids, old man Willy will tell you why Zelda is better than Skyrim

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Neither were amazing stories but the civil war and dragon lore of SkyrimRandoIph
That wasn't a civil war, it was a bar room brawl. The dragons are nothing but really big Cliff Racers.

Well yeah, it didn't LITERALLY have ten thousand soldiers fighting, but that's a bit unrealistic isn't it.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

The Story in Skyrim is TERRIBLE. Skyward Sword's is passable but not good either. The ending in Skyrim is as anticlimatic as it gets, and the characters are entirely forgettable.

And you honestly have to be kidding me if you think Skyrim's quests are varied. Talk to quest giver, enter dungeon, clear dungeon, get reward. In fact, that describes Skyrim as a whole

I can see why people like Skyrim, personally though, it was my least favorite game last year giving it a 3.0, it was repetitive, bland and broken. Skyrim will be a better game eventually when the mods come out, until then, I will stick to games that actually does a single thing well in terms of gameplay. The only real enjoyment I got out of Skyrim was picking apart its countless flaws.

locopatho

To each their own. Neither were amazing stories but the civil war and dragon lore of Skyrim was more interesting to me.

There's a lot more to it then that if you actually play it...

Skyrim does sacrifice polish for sheer openness, content and variety, that's true. I'm glad they shoot for the stars, even if they only hit the moon though, rather then be happy on the earth :)

Skyrim and variety?!?

I am confused. The quest structure, and dungeon design were anything but varied, not to menion how the game repeated the same 2 puzzles over and over again. The enemy design isnt particulary varied either. And the same 3-4 tilesets are repeated constantly. Skyrim got extremely repetitive.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#153 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Agree completely.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

You have shown me the light !
Thank you, Willy !

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Does Skyward Sword look like this?

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Skyward Sword has better puzzles, better motion controls, better harp integration, more aesthetically appealing flying sequences and has more connections with OoT.
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#157 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts
Skyrim is a horrible game that all should avoid. I thought I was no longer was a game addict until I played the game. I was clean for 8 years with no addiction until this, now it's back to square one.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Glad to see Willy is still in our corner.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

DragonfireXZ95

Yes.

SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

Old man Willy?

I don't think I want any kids around that....

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

WiiCubeM1

Yes.

Proof? :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#162 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

DragonfireXZ95

That doesn't even look as good as Majora's Mask on the N64MM

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
lulz...7.5
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

This thread was funny. I really don't see why people bash the exploration in Skyward Sword and then try to say that Skyrim does it better, though. If the game puts an arrow on a map showing where you are supposed to go and where everything you are supposed to find is, you aren't really exploring. You are just following directions. At least Skyward Sword makes you actually go out and find things.

I do agree that the exploration in Skyward Sword is slightly worse than that in other games in the series, though.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Skyward Sword has better puzzles, better motion controls, better harp integration, more aesthetically appealing flying sequences and has more connections with OoT.Meinhard1

Wait. Skyrim does not have connections to OoT? WHAT!?!?!

Harp integeration...I lol'd. You mean the glorified key? It had SO much potential! :cry:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#166 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Both games are pretty meh compared to their predecessors.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#167 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

All of those points you made are totally legit and you're the bestest!!!!! Ok it's nap time little boy.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]Skyward Sword has better puzzles, better motion controls, better harp integration, more aesthetically appealing flying sequences and has more connections with OoT.NaveedLife
Wait. Skyrim does not have connections to OoT? WHAT!?!?!Harp integeration...I lol'd. You mean the glorified key? It had SO much potential! :cry:

atleast you could play it while running around. Plus the tune of the harp changes depending on the background music.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"]Skyward Sword has better puzzles, better motion controls, better harp integration, more aesthetically appealing flying sequences and has more connections with OoT.Shinobishyguy
Wait. Skyrim does not have connections to OoT? WHAT!?!?!Harp integeration...I lol'd. You mean the glorified key? It had SO much potential! :cry:

atleast you could play it while running around. Plus the tune of the harp changes depending on the background music.

The running around thing is the best I can say about it. I just know that it could have been used so well in the game not only for the main quest, but as a tool for sidequests and other things as the Ocarina was. I love the harp (in real life) personally, and I think it is beautiful. But you don't really play it at all. The sad thing is just how dumbed down the Harp is in SS compared to the Ocarina and other isntruments, when it COULD have been way better given Wiimotion +.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]Wait. Skyrim does not have connections to OoT? WHAT!?!?!Harp integeration...I lol'd. You mean the glorified key? It had SO much potential! :cry:NaveedLife

The running around thing is the best I can say about it. I just know that it could have been used so well in the game not only for the main quest, but as a tool for sidequests and other things as the Ocarina was. I love the harp (in real life) personally, and I think it is beautiful. But you don't really play it at all. The sad thing is just how dumbed down the Harp is in SS compared to the Ocarina and other isntruments, when it COULD have been way better given Wiimotion +.

Still better than the howling in TP though

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

@tc, Now if you would be so kind as to inform us why Dark Souls is better than Zelda (errr I mean why Zelda is better than Dark Souls)...Skyrim was easy to do, but DkS's might be more difficult. Mwahahaha