Gather round kids, old man Willy will tell you why Zelda is better than Skyrim

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
I'd put them about even. Skyrim gets the edge because of all the mods available on pc.
polFdrawykS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 polFdrawykS
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts

meeeeh... 9.0 > 7.5 u mad? meeeh

Godrim >>>>>>> Skyflop

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Zelda wishes it was more like Skyrim..

But, instead its more "cartoon like".

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Skyward Sword is garbage. I usually love Zelda games but that game is just horrible.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Zelda is the better made game, more polished and better designed. But I don't think that means that people will necessarily personally enjoy it more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Gogo Willy
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#57 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2291 Posts
Lol! All Hail!! You just made my night :D. I'm an old sheep that died and was reincarnated into a bizarre manticorian hybrid thing that drinks beer. Cheers to the most entertaining post I've read in ages :)
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Ok, there's a difference between being a Sheep and being a Sheep just for the hell of it ... Sanim really needs to put you fools in your place!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26093 Posts

Are we including all platforms on the skyrim discussion because for me, the game looks absolutely wonderful: (screens from my comp)

jedikevin2

Pretty good looking.

It almost has 25% of the color that Skyward Sword has!

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#60 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Willy, you're my hero. :P
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#61 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

Are we including all platforms on the skyrim discussion because for me, the game looks absolutely wonderful: (screens from my comp)

Willy105

Pretty good looking.

Oh if I want it to have all the skyward sword variation of color I can. Comes with the territory on the Pc side of the game. Alot of opportunity on that end.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Willy105

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

jedikevin2

Pretty good looking.

Oh if I want it to have all the skyward sword variation of color I can. Comes with the territory on the Pc side of the game. Alot of opportunity on that end.

Yes, PC gaming is bliss. It doesn't change the fact that Bethesda gave you an incomplete game, and expects the people who paid money for the game to finish the game for them.
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Pretty good looking.

Willy105

Yes, PC gaming is bliss. It doesn't change the fact that Bethesda gave you an incomplete game, and expects the people who paid money for the game to finish the game for them.

Hope you'll be sticking around more often Willy :D

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Willy105

[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

babycakin

Hope you'll be sticking around more often Willy :D

I'll see what I can do.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

*sit down somewhere and listen to Willy*

You speak the truth!

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jedikevin2

[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Pretty good looking.

Willy105

Kinda how skyward sword had such a bad glitch that either required a redo of the game if the save file was made right before the problem or having the sd card sent back to nintendo so that could get the glitch past it?

Personally, your argument would make alot of sense on almost all nintendo games except Skyward sword. this though does not change my statement on how nice skyrim can look.

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

I'm right.

And before you say "you're a biased Sheep with no credibility", take a gander at my sig.

What's that?

Oh yeah.

A PSN CARD

Oblitirated.

Comment on my awesomeness below.

Willy105

I take note of your awesomeness for creating this thread, but No Trophies = No teh unbiased.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

Skyward Sword is better than Skyrim.

Why?

What do you mean why?

ONE

The game looks good.

Willy105

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Willy105

Kinda how skyward sword had such a bad glitch that either required a redo of the game if the save file was made right before the problem or having the sd card sent back to nintendo so that could get the glitch past it?

jedikevin2

Nope.

You don't have to do anything wth SD cards or whatever. If you get stuck at that place, you can just download a patch from the Wii Shop Channel that will fix that right up.

I don't see Skyrim being fixed that easily with a patch from Bethesda themselves. In fact, you will have to depend on modders and fans to find solutions and send them out throughout the community, then depend on you yourself having knowledge of how to apply them to the game.

That's the PC version. Those on the HD twins are hopeless.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

I agree. Skyward Sword had some amazing puzzles and mechanics with charming qualities. Skyrim is a mediocre WRPG. The only things going for it are exploration and mods. I however value plot and storytelling the most when it comes to WRPGs as such Skyrim is a mediocre game. The Witcher 1 & 2 is the best WRPG this gen so far.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jedikevin2

[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

Willy105

Nope.

You don't have to do anything wth SD cards or whatever. If you get stuck at that place, you can just download a patch from the Wii Shop Channel that will fix that right up.

I don't see Skyrim being fixed that easily with a patch from Bethesda themselves. In fact, you will have to depend on modders and fans to find solutions and send them out throughout the community, then depend on you yourself having knowledge of how to apply them to the game.

That's the PC version. Those on the HD twins are hopeless.

Bethesda kinda has taken one out the books of old.. They just patch in what modders have done hehehe ( now about to optimize the compiler AKa skyboost/accelarion layer). Patch vs Patch still....... Regardess though, skyrim looks very nice.

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

You forgot to mention puzzles. In skyrim, we only had ONE puzzle repeated 1000 times:

Skyrim puzzle

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

1) Skyrim is MASSIVE. Skyward Sword is tiny and rather linear. Of course there are some flaws in Skyrim. More than there should be? Maybe. Is it a better looking game? IMO yes it is.

2) I have not had any issues with this on my PC. Skyward Sword has a game breaking bug.

3) Neither are horribly rehashed, just have strong ties to their predecessors

4) ...who cares?

Skyrim is a better game IMO, although Skyward Sword is great (but a letdown). This is coming from someone who loves Zelda more than any other series and owns all the games, and thought Oblivion (and Fallout 3) were very overrated.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Why?

What do you mean why?

ONE

The game looks good.

Vaasman

/dafuqsrs?

Looks pretty damn good in HD. Who still plays on the Wii these days?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Why?

What do you mean why?

ONE

The game looks good.

ChubbyGuy40

/dafuqsrs?

Looks pretty damn good in HD. Who still plays on the Wii these days?

I've played one long enough to see that Skyward Sword is not a good looking game. Even by Wii standards textures are so flat and muddy looking.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Old man Willy sounds like a pedebear to me, not a sheep.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ChubbyGuy40

I've played one long enough to see that Skyward Sword is not a good looking game. Even by Wii standards textures are so flat and muddy looking.

Vaasman

The visuals clean up a lot when in HD. Only have shots from the beginning though.

1 2 3

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

My brother doesn't like his Wii so he's giving it to me.

Will be buying Skyward Sword.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

1) Skyrim is MASSIVE. Skyward Sword is tiny and rather linear. Of course there are some flaws in Skyrim. More than there should be? Maybe. Is it a better looking game? IMO yes it is.

2) I have not had any issues with this on my PC. Skyward Sword has a game breaking bug.

3) Neither are horribly rehashed, just have strong ties to their predecessors

4) ...who cares?

Skyrim is a better game IMO, although Skyward Sword is great (but a letdown). This is coming from someone who loves Zelda more than any other series and owns all the games, and thought Oblivion (and Fallout 3) were very overrated.

NaveedLife

This man speaks the truth :o Preach it brotha :)

I liked Skyward Sword for what it had, but it's still a let down by the amount of puzzles it carries.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Never

Ever

Call yourself Old Man Willy again.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

lolno, Skyward Sword is one of the worst Zelda's ever. It's like a chore for me just trying to get through it. I hate the controls of this game, I hate the way it looks on my hdtv, and I hate the way it sounds on my Dolby Digital theater system.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Willy, I actually expected better from you. This what what I would expect to see from a level 2 troll. Seriously Willy, how have you come to... this? :(

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Willy, I actually expected better from you. This what what I would expect to see from a level 2 troll. Seriously Willy, how have you come to... this? :(

AdobeArtist
Damn, and here I thought I was finally going to see a post from you without bold/italics.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

DarkLink77

Damn, and here I thought I was finally going to see a post from you without bold/italics.

Perish the thought :P

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ChubbyGuy40

lolno, Skyward Sword is one of the worst Zelda's ever. It's like a chore for me just trying to get through it. I hate the controls of this game, I hate the way it looks on my hdtv, and I hate the way it sounds on my Dolby Digital theater system.

Bigboi500

lolyes. One of the best, if not the best ever. Controls are awesome. Play it on Dolphin. You might need better equipment then, because it sounds awesome on my setup.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

So there are still people left in the world who want to play games with above average gameplay?

Good to hear.

Skyrim wishes it could have a fraction of the charm, COLOR, and personality that Skyward Sword has.Zelda smashes Skyrim into pieces..

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

ChubbyGuy40

lolyes. One of the best, if not the best ever. Controls are awesome. Play it on Dolphin. You might need better equipment then, because it sounds awesome on my setup.

The reason it sounds terrible on my system is because I bought that Wii2hdmi gadget and it makes the games too loud and distorted.

As far as the game goes, ugh I hate having to direct Link under water and on the big red chicken with the Wii remote, and balancing on a wire is stupid just like it was with the dual shock controller and Drake in the first Uncharted game. I also hate having to re-center the pointer constantly, and I can't stand all the backtracking/constantly going back to the same three dungeon hubs. It just feels like it's full of filler to extend the game.

I also don't like how Fi always bothers you: "madi madas, your battery is low", "madi madas, refil your hearts at the earliest possible convenience", "madi madas, there is an 85% chance this is the ...".

The one aspect about this game I like is the characters and the humor. Overall it just doesn't stack up against superior games in the series like MM, OoT, LTTP, WW, and even TP.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

1) Skyrim is MASSIVE. Skyward Sword is tiny and rather linear. Of course there are some flaws in Skyrim. NaveedLife

Still doesn't excuse how many copy-paste dungeons and caves there are. SS has it beat in terms of level variety

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

1) Skyrim is MASSIVE. Skyward Sword is tiny and rather linear. Of course there are some flaws in Skyrim. Shinobishyguy

Still doesn't excuse how many copy-paste dungeons and caves there are. SS has it beat in terms of level variety

None of them are copy-paste though. They just really lack a good variaty. It's like finding one shade of color that you really like, and using it a f**kton.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

1) Skyrim is MASSIVE. Skyward Sword is tiny and rather linear. Of course there are some flaws in Skyrim. ChubbyGuy40

None of them are copy-paste though. They just really lack a good variaty. It's like finding one shade of color that you really like, and using it a f**kton.

Not to mention the rudimentary puzzles. Seriously if you're going to include something like that atleast do it right
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I agree. Skyrim is just too repetitive, even compared to Oblivion.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] Still doesn't excuse how many copy-paste dungeons and caves there are. SS has it beat in terms of level variety

Shinobishyguy

Not to mention the rudimentary puzzles. Seriously if you're going to include something like that atleast do it right

Ugh. Skyrim puzzles..

Likely response:

"With teh open world like Godrim's they had no time to focus onpuzzles."

They basically made the video game equivalent to "Are you smarter than a 4th Grader" with Skyrim's "puzzles".

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

MLBknights58

Ugh. Skyrim puzzles..

Likely response:

They basically made the video game equivalent to "Are you smarter than a 4th Grader" with Skyrim's "puzzles".

even Prof. Layton got better puzzles :lol:

edit: don't get all hurt, i'm just kidding :D

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

MLBknights58

Ugh. Skyrim puzzles..

Likely response:

It's seriously the worst type of puzzles. Not type of actual logic involved, just random tile shifting until something happens

And the solutions are either right there on the walls or so ridiculously vague that is more or less forces you to look it up online

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] Not to mention the rudimentary puzzles. Seriously if you're going to include something like that atleast do it rightShinobishyguy

Ugh. Skyrim puzzles..

Likely response:

It's seriously the worst type of puzzles. Not type of actual logic involved, just random tile shifting until something happens

Before I realized they put the answers on the wall or on the claws, I was just rotating them by elimination. People will overlook this though because it's Godrim with it's godly exploration.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
When was the last time your made a thread other then SWM ? :o
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

AdobeArtist

Exactly, I was expecting some kind of genuine insightful comparison between these two titles and a decent shot at making his case. Instead it was all flash no substance.

I could have made this thread and I haven't even played either game :|

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

DarkLink77

Atleast he uses them effectively. They are there for a reason.

See I'm no good at it

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
Played Skyrim for an hour and got bored. Played Skyward Sword eagerly for 20 hours... and now it seems I'm getting bored with the recycled temples. :(
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#100 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

Ugh. Skyrim puzzles..

Likely response:

ChubbyGuy40

Before I realized they put the answers on the wall or on the claws, I was just rotating them by elimination. People will overlook this though because it's Godrim with it's godly exploration.

That and it's a very minor part of the overall expierence.