GASP! Assassin's Creed 3 for PC will have an offline mode, interview

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NoodleFighter (7861 posts) -

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/05/ubisoft-drm-piracy-interview/

UBISOFT WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON'T YOU REMEMBER PC HAS 90%-95% PIRACY RATE!!!!

RPS: Last month, on the 21st, Yves Guillemot said Ubisofts piracy rates were 90 to 95%, hence the move toward online gaming. But in July last year your DRM was described as being a success, and as having shown a clear reduction in piracy. Can you talk about how those two statements square up?

Perotti: With regard to the numbers, the numbers are coming from both internal and external research. Research showed that it can reach that rate for some specific or popular PC games, and that number often varies depending on the territory. So we are not saying that it applies to all PC games for all territories, and were not saying that the same situation would apply for any game.

RPS: But last year it was said that the so-called always-on DRM had shown a clear reduction in piracy. The quote was, A clear reduction in piracy from our titles, which required a persistent online connection, and from that point of view the requirement is a success. Have you any data to evidence this, and if so, are you going to publish it?

Perotti: Im not going to comment on data. That was an unfortunate comment. We have listened to feedback, and since June last year our policy for all of PC games is that we only require a one-time online activation when you first install the game, and from then you are free to play the game offline.

#2 Posted by Senor_Kami (8439 posts) -
This is great news for all those hardcore pc gamers that don't see the point of having access to the internet.
#3 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

This is great news for all those hardcore pc gamers that don't see the point of having access to the internet.Senor_Kami

It's great news for every PC gamer, give me one good reason why I should maintain a permanent and stable Internet connection while playing SP mode of the game I legally purchased...

#4 Posted by lostrib (42764 posts) -

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]This is great news for all those hardcore pc gamers that don't see the point of having access to the internet.Rocker6

It's great news for every PC gamer, give me one good reason why I should maintain a permanent and stable Internet connection while playing SP mode of the game I legally purchased...

So you can download pr0n in the background

#5 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]This is great news for all those hardcore pc gamers that don't see the point of having access to the internet.lostrib

So you can download pr0n in the background

Downloading pr0n is totally last gen! :P

#6 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
It always had an offline mode, it's a called a crack.
#7 Posted by homeboylizard (1289 posts) -

They were pulling that numbers out of their backside...seriously??? For every copy they had 9 downloads? Just a load of BS!!!

But yeah, AC was always a SP based series, and getting oflline SP is awesome because of weather conditions during winter and bad internet condition in my country!