GameTrailers Names The Last of Us GOTY

  • 133 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -
#3 Posted by ActicEdge (24332 posts) -

I didn't play many games last year but I finished TLOU yesterday and it was certainly one of the best games I've played this gen. Probably my second favourite game of the gen personally.

#4 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3663 posts) -

Sounds like you need to get yourself a PS3 PA. You can pick one up pretty cheap now.

#5 Edited by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -

Cows have a degenerative brain disease that makes them incapable of actually discussing games, so they instead just throw out awards and scores and the word "jelly."

It's really quite tragic. They could probably make an Oscar-winning movie about a character with it, like with Forrest Gump.

Time for a PS3, son.

#6 Posted by g0ddyX (3889 posts) -

Another GOTY award and Game of the Gen.
NintendoSpot is looking more and more a far cry from the industry.

#7 Edited by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

Here a better list than the one you guys had the other day. Not only did last of us just get gametailers they also just got joystick. Not my list stolen from neogaf from someone else that shared my view point. The differences is these are all part of Metacritic.

The Last of Us

- Gamesradar

- Cheat Code Central

- Game Revolution

- LevelUp

- Gamereactor Sweden

- Hardcore Gamer

- Eurogamer Italy

- Destructoid

- Giantbomb

- Gamereactor Denmark

- Telegraph

- Videogamer

- 3DJuegos

- Gamesbeat

- DarkZero

-Gametrailers

-Joystick

Grand Theft Auto V

- VGX

- Machinima

- Edge

- Gamer.nl

- God is a Geek

- Meristation

- LazyGamer

- Quarter to Three

- Actiontrip

- Metro Game Central

- GRY Online

- Eurogamer Spain

- Eurogamer Germany

Super Mario 3D World

- Digital Spy

- Guardian

- Eurogamer

The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds

- Gamespot

- Polygon

Bioshock Infinite

- EGM

#8 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

Truly an amazing game, easily the best thing ND has ever made.

#9 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11523 posts) -

Easily deserves it, best game of the gen.

#10 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Another GOTY award and Game of the Gen.

#11 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

8.0 and did not get GOTY here.

Movie-games are a plague.

#12 Posted by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -

8.0 and did not get GOTY here.

Movie-games are a plague.

Stay Jelly.

:)

#13 Posted by pinkforhire (41 posts) -
#14 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

Another GOTY award and Game of the Gen.

NintendoSpot is looking more and more a far cry from the industry.

Not really..The fact is it was listed on the nominee list of so many sites "Gametailers included" tells you others think the game could have been worthy of the GOTY award as while, just they believed Last of US was better. Gamespot disagreed with that statement.

#15 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

Nintendo has five of the ten spots for Game of the Year. That's stunning. Really the best publisher of this year.

Anyway, congratulations to Naughty Dog! From all that I hear, The Last of Us is a great game, and I am glad it is getting the accolades.

#16 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5540 posts) -

gotg easily.i have beaten it yesterday. What a masterpiece. Uncharted is overrated,UC2 is amazing but i cant believe im saying this but TLOU is actually better than 2. Clap clap

#17 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

8.0 and did not get GOTY here.

Movie-games are a plague.

8.0 and did not get GOTY here.

#18 Edited by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -
#19 Edited by Basinboy (10992 posts) -

Will we be playing it ten years from now?

#20 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -
#21 Posted by Netret0120 (2003 posts) -

One of the best games of the gen.

Metacritic and 100 other gaming websites agree literally.

#22 Edited by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

Will we be playing it ten years from now?

Come back to SW in 10 years and let us know.

#23 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -
#24 Posted by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -
#25 Edited by Seabas989 (10042 posts) -

I'm in the middle of playing it (52% done). So far so good.

Would have been entertaining to see if they gave it to Luigi's Mansion. :P

#26 Edited by kingtito (4803 posts) -

Why the obsession with TLOU and the awards? It's a last gen game and it scored an 8 here. Did it really make you cows cry so much that you feel the need to create a new thread every time it gets an award? It was a good game but that's about it and MY opinion is just as valid as these so called professional critics.

Bottom line, it didn't win GOTY here and it got an 8. None of the other sites even matters.

#27 Posted by DonnaTroy (232 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Why the obsession with TLOU and the awards? It's a last gen game and it scored an 8 here. Did it really make you cows cry so much that you feel the need to create a new thread every time it gets an award? It was a good game but that's about it and MY opinion is just as valid as these so called professional critics.

Bottom line, it didn't win GOTY here and it got an 8. None of the other sites even matters.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-wins-gamespot-s-people-s-choice-game-of-the-year/1100-6416899/

#28 Edited by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

It's good, but it's not game of the gen material. The people saying so are high off their gourd.

#29 Posted by ActicEdge (24332 posts) -

It's good, but it's not game of the gen material. The people saying so are high off their gourd.

I'm curious as to why you think its not (seriously, I'm interested).

#30 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Deserves it. It's a fantastic game and one if the high points of last gen for sure

#31 Edited by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Why the obsession with TLOU and the awards? It's a last gen game and it scored an 8 here. Did it really make you cows cry so much that you feel the need to create a new thread every time it gets an award? It was a good game but that's about it and MY opinion is just as valid as these so called professional critics.

Bottom line, it didn't win GOTY here and it got an 8. None of the other sites even matters.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-wins-gamespot-s-people-s-choice-game-of-the-year/1100-6416899/

The Real GOTY

^^^^^^ That's all that matters kid. Try again next year

#33 Edited by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@DarkLink77 said:

It's good, but it's not game of the gen material. The people saying so are high off their gourd.

I'm curious as to why you think its not (seriously, I'm interested).

It doesn't define the generation. It didn't fundamentally change the game. It's not new or startingly original. it's just another really good TPS built on the backs of Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War, the same way that Uncharted 2 was.

Better arguments could be made for Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy, Call of Duty 4, Street Fighter 4, the Souls games, League of Legends or DOTA 2, Bioshock, Braid, StarCraft II, and a number of other games that were just as good and actually had a lasting impact on the industry.

#34 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@donnatroy said:

@kingtito said:

Why the obsession with TLOU and the awards? It's a last gen game and it scored an 8 here. Did it really make you cows cry so much that you feel the need to create a new thread every time it gets an award? It was a good game but that's about it and MY opinion is just as valid as these so called professional critics.

Bottom line, it didn't win GOTY here and it got an 8. None of the other sites even matters.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-wins-gamespot-s-people-s-choice-game-of-the-year/1100-6416899/

The Real GOTY

^^^^^^ That's all that matters kid. Try again next year

Jelly confirmed. ;-)

Typical cow response.

Proved wrong confirmed. Thanks for playing kid.

#35 Edited by Bigboi500 (29149 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

Another GOTY award and Game of the Gen.

NintendoSpot is looking more and more a far cry from the industry.

Feel free to leave if you don't like it here.

#36 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: false. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was their best and GOTG. TLOU is close though

#37 Posted by ActicEdge (24332 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@DarkLink77 said:

It's good, but it's not game of the gen material. The people saying so are high off their gourd.

I'm curious as to why you think its not (seriously, I'm interested).

It doesn't define the generation. It didn't fundamentally change the game. It's not new or startingly original. it's just another really good TPS built on the back of Gears of War, the same way that Uncharted 2 was.

Better arguments could be made for Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy, Call of Duty 4, Street Fighter 4, the Souls games, League of Legends or DOTA 2, Bioshock, Braid, StarCraft II, and a number of other games that were just as good and actually had a lasting impact on the industry.

Oh so you're game of gen has to have an impact on the industry? Fair enough. I don't really care for story driven games very much but I did think that the narrative structure and the world building in TLOU was about as good as it gets. I also tbh don't think its fair to use TLOU as industry changing or impacting considering it came out like 7 months ago. I also don't see how Souls, SMG or Braid had a lasting impact on the industry. They were great games and their fanbases adored them but 6 years later I don't see the industry copying or being influenced by SMG and to be honest (though I don't follow Souls all that much) I don't see many games mimicking that style either. COD4 or Gears (which was more of an evolution of RE4 than much else but w/e on that :P ) are much better choices under that criteria.

#38 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -
#39 Edited by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@ActicEdge said:

@DarkLink77 said:

It's good, but it's not game of the gen material. The people saying so are high off their gourd.

I'm curious as to why you think its not (seriously, I'm interested).

It doesn't define the generation. It didn't fundamentally change the game. It's not new or startingly original. it's just another really good TPS built on the back of Gears of War, the same way that Uncharted 2 was.

Better arguments could be made for Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy, Call of Duty 4, Street Fighter 4, the Souls games, League of Legends or DOTA 2, Bioshock, Braid, StarCraft II, and a number of other games that were just as good and actually had a lasting impact on the industry.

Oh so you're game of gen has to have an impact on the industry? Fair enough. I don't really care for story driven games very much but I did think that the narrative structure and the world building in TLOU was about as good as it gets. I also tbh don't think its fair to use TLOU as industry changing or impacting considering it came out like 7 months ago. I also don't see how Souls, SMG or Braid had a lasting impact on the industry. They were great games and their fanbases adored them but 6 years later I don't see the industry copying or being influenced by SMG and to be honest (though I don't follow Souls all that much) I don't see many games mimicking that style either. COD4 or Gears (which was more of an evolution of RE4 than much else but w/e on that :P ) are much better choices under that criteria.

Braid pretty much single-handedly jumpstarted the indie scene and proved that there was a market for that kind of game. You ask any major indie developer what inspired them, and 90% of them will say Braid.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 perfected the 3D platformer, which is why I put it up there. In terms of raw game design, The Last of Us doesn't come close.

The Souls series has actually had a pretty major influence, I think, but it's definitely more niche.

#41 Posted by mems_1224 (46262 posts) -

It's good, but it's not game of the gen material. The people saying so are high off their gourd.

word, skyrim already won that a long time ago

#42 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

SDC baby. Now excuse me while I take a swim in an ocean of lem tears.

#43 Posted by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -

Another GOTY award for the best game of this gen......The Last of Us

#44 Edited by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -

Here a better list than the one you guys had the other day. Not only did last of us just get gametailers they also just got joystick. Not my list stolen from neogaf from someone else that shared my view point. The differences is these are all part of Metacritic.

The Last of Us

- Gamesradar

- Cheat Code Central

- Game Revolution

- LevelUp

- Gamereactor Sweden

- Hardcore Gamer

- Eurogamer Italy

- Destructoid

- Giantbomb

- Gamereactor Denmark

- Telegraph

- Videogamer

- 3DJuegos

- Gamesbeat

- DarkZero

-Gametrailers

-Joystick

Grand Theft Auto V

- VGX

- Machinima

- Edge

- Gamer.nl

- God is a Geek

- Meristation

- LazyGamer

- Quarter to Three

- Actiontrip

- Metro Game Central

- GRY Online

- Eurogamer Spain

- Eurogamer Germany

Super Mario 3D World

- Digital Spy

- Guardian

- Eurogamer

The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds

- Gamespot

- Polygon

Bioshock Infinite

- EGM

Gamespot - Polygon........lol

#45 Posted by Vatusus (4359 posts) -

Cows have a degenerative brain disease that makes them incapable of actually discussing games, so they instead just throw out awards and scores and the word "jelly."

It's really quite tragic. They could probably make an Oscar-winning movie about a character with it, like with Forrest Gump.

Like lems are doing with TitanFall?

Oh right, on SW the cows are the scape goat for everything... the other fanboys can do no wrong -_-'

#46 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26255 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@ActicEdge said:

@DarkLink77 said:

It's good, but it's not game of the gen material. The people saying so are high off their gourd.

I'm curious as to why you think its not (seriously, I'm interested).

It doesn't define the generation. It didn't fundamentally change the game. It's not new or startingly original. it's just another really good TPS built on the back of Gears of War, the same way that Uncharted 2 was.

Better arguments could be made for Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy, Call of Duty 4, Street Fighter 4, the Souls games, League of Legends or DOTA 2, Bioshock, Braid, StarCraft II, and a number of other games that were just as good and actually had a lasting impact on the industry.

Oh so you're game of gen has to have an impact on the industry? Fair enough. I don't really care for story driven games very much but I did think that the narrative structure and the world building in TLOU was about as good as it gets. I also tbh don't think its fair to use TLOU as industry changing or impacting considering it came out like 7 months ago. I also don't see how Souls, SMG or Braid had a lasting impact on the industry. They were great games and their fanbases adored them but 6 years later I don't see the industry copying or being influenced by SMG and to be honest (though I don't follow Souls all that much) I don't see many games mimicking that style either. COD4 or Gears (which was more of an evolution of RE4 than much else but w/e on that :P ) are much better choices under that criteria.

Braid pretty much single-handedly jumpstarted the indie scene and proved that there was a market for that kind of game. You ask any major indie developer what inspired them, and 90% of them will say Braid.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 perfected the 3D platformer, which is why I put it up there. In terms of raw game design, The Last of Us doesn't come close.

The Souls series has actually had a pretty major influence, I think, but it's definitely more niche.

To be honest I dont see the souls influence really anywhere.Only thing I can proboly think of and this is reaching is capcoms deep down thats coming.

#47 Posted by Zaibach (13430 posts) -

A game doesnt have to re-invent the wheel to be considered the top game of the generation.

In fact if any game has claim to being a game -changer in any sense its probably COD 4, it blew the doors off and exposed new demographics to on-line competitive gaming. But I wouldn't call it game of the Gen

#48 Posted by handssss (1804 posts) -

@HarlockJC said:

Here a better list than the one you guys had the other day. Not only did last of us just get gametailers they also just got joystick. Not my list stolen from neogaf from someone else that shared my view point. The differences is these are all part of Metacritic.

The Last of Us

- Gamesradar

- Cheat Code Central

- Game Revolution

- LevelUp

- Gamereactor Sweden

- Hardcore Gamer

- Eurogamer Italy

- Destructoid

- Giantbomb

- Gamereactor Denmark

- Telegraph

- Videogamer

- 3DJuegos

- Gamesbeat

- DarkZero

-Gametrailers

-Joystick

Grand Theft Auto V

- VGX

- Machinima

- Edge

- Gamer.nl

- God is a Geek

- Meristation

- LazyGamer

- Quarter to Three

- Actiontrip

- Metro Game Central

- GRY Online

- Eurogamer Spain

- Eurogamer Germany

Super Mario 3D World

- Digital Spy

- Guardian

- Eurogamer

The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds

- Gamespot

- Polygon

Bioshock Infinite

- EGM

Gamespot - Polygon........lol

and we all know how respectable of a site Polygon is. Makes sense though that Last of Us wouldn't win GOTY on either site though. Both were deviations in the review score that severally lowered it's average.

#49 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

All games on the list are great games

TLOU is simply the best game I played in the last years

GTA 5 is hell of random fun with great story with not 1 but 3 characters

Super Mario 3D is a new flavor into the Mario franchise and deserve the praise

Zelda came back strong with it newest edition and seems everyone happy about it

Bioshock 3 delivered a great story with huge twist and couldnt be any better

they all Game of the Year in my opinion

#50 Posted by blamix99 (1623 posts) -

8.0 and did not get GOTY here.

Movie-games are a plague.

lol.. it is GOTY here. people's choice.. stop getting butthurt everytime you hear it