Gamespot rReviews the 750ti: $150,PCIE power, maxes games!

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by bforrester420 (1329 posts) -

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the 750ti. I have an Asus GTX 650-E series because it also runs off PCIe power (free PC from work, 300-Watt PSU). It looks like the 750ti will outperform it pretty soundly.

#52 Edited by True_Gamer_ (5987 posts) -

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the 750ti. I have an Asus GTX 650-E series because it also runs off PCIe power (free PC from work, 300-Watt PSU). It looks like the 750ti will outperform it pretty soundly.

I wanna see how will the lems attempt to damage control this.

#53 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7178 posts) -

I'm seriously considering it to tide me over til the 800 series releases. My 275GTX's performance isn't holding up with these new games. It hates me when I play Rome II.

#54 Edited by MethodManFTW (25563 posts) -

The GTX 750ti sits between the GTX 650ti and GTX 660 performance wise. While the GTX 750ti's that have the extra pci-e power connector can be overclocked to the point of performing as well or better then the GTX 660 for $160ish.

Even the ones with a pci-e connector can use the 4 pin molex to pci-e adapter with those pc's with ~300w psu's.

Fuck! Man, last year when I bought my first GPU I sure wish I would of went with the 670 and not the 660...

#55 Posted by 04dcarraher (19215 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

The GTX 750ti sits between the GTX 650ti and GTX 660 performance wise. While the GTX 750ti's that have the extra pci-e power connector can be overclocked to the point of performing as well or better then the GTX 660 for $160ish.

Even the ones with a pci-e connector can use the 4 pin molex to pci-e adapter with those pc's with ~300w psu's.

Fuck! Man, last year when I bought my first GPU I sure wish I would of went with the 670 and not the 660...

Or waited on the GTX 760 in the summer, which is nearly as fast as 670 at stock and when overclocked their as fast as stock GTX 770's.

#56 Posted by Cyberdot (3518 posts) -

Wow, that's impressive. That console-beater performance for just £100.

Consoles, where are you?

#57 Edited by MethodManFTW (25563 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@04dcarraher said:

Or waited on the GTX 760 in the summer, which is nearly as fast as 670 at stock and when overclocked their as fast as stock GTX 770's.

Waiting wasn't an option.. The PC I bought had a GT 545 in it.

#58 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3979 posts) -

I might just make a rig with this one.

#59 Edited by True_Gamer_ (5987 posts) -

I might just make a rig with this one.

No need just buy a pre built cheap PC and slam it in....At $530 u can outperform the bone in Titanfall...

#60 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6621 posts) -

How long before I get a significant leap over my HD 5870 crossfire setup from 2009 (which I have been using for the last 5 years) without spending more than $150? I remember people telling me my PC would be outdated by 2011, I had plans of upgrading at least twice by 2012-13.

2014 still haven't upgraded. Though the day I get a Sony 4K projector... (Or JVC 4K projector)

#61 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6621 posts) -

So it achieves high frame rates in all those games, but what exactly where the settings? and its cool that it can run titanfall @ 1080p 2 X AA with 58 fps but what about the rest of the settings? low? medium? if that is high or ultra then I must say Titanfall looks garbage, didn't lems say this would be a graphics king??

#62 Posted by clyde46 (44805 posts) -

How long before I get a significant leap over my HD 5870 crossfire setup from 2009 (which I have been using for the last 5 years) without spending more than $150? I remember people telling me my PC would be outdated by 2011, I had plans of upgrading at least twice by 2012-13.

2014 still haven't upgraded. Though the day I get a Sony 4K projector... (Or JVC 4K projector)

Lol Junior Video Club.... The 5870 was a beast of a card however given that its now 3-4 gens behind the curve, I reckon its days are soon numbered.

#63 Posted by kinectthedots (1612 posts) -

Really sounds like a great card to convert people over. You don't even need a external power connector, because it runs off the PCIE power, and it does a pretty damn good job for its price.

Game changer? Why buy an XB1 for Titanfall when you could just stick this thing in your pre-built?

Some links for those interested, for more in depth coverage:

Tom's Hardware

lol @ 1:58 into vid

for $150...

"and if you were thinking of plunking down a hefty $499 dollars for an xbox one just to play titanfall why not just chunk 750ti into an old PC at home, it runs the beater of the new mech based shooter at a cool 58 fps @ 1080p with 2x aliasing on. Not even the xbox one can do that"

#64 Edited by Oemenia (10223 posts) -

Man I wish CPU manufacturers stuck to their sockets for longer.

#65 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6621 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

Lol Junior Video Club.... The 5870 was a beast of a card however given that its now 3-4 gens behind the curve, I reckon its days are soon numbered.

Still max out most games. Crysis 3 is an obvious exception, same with Metro: LL and BF4. Metro 2033 barely goes.

3-4 gens behind the curve but still only a handful of games give me trouble at ultra settings, and can easily be run at medium-high. Everything other game max.

#66 Posted by Jynxzor (9303 posts) -

May actually consider using this to replace my ass old 470's.

Was gonna save up for a 780i but my cards are giving up the ghost, anytime I run anything demanding they crash my computer when they begin to boil from years of abuse.

#67 Edited by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Lol Xbox One is worse than an entry level midrange card and performs like a low card.

A $200 card can easily beat the PS4.

but a $150 card can beat the x1

I don't care about the X1. MS are idiots for making it so weak.

you don't care about the xbone,

yet talk smack about the ps4 any chance you get,

and praise the xbone.

you know there is a site for you,

its called polygon,

where lemmings run free and face no persecution for their loyalty

Shouldn't be at Sonygaf then cow? You know where cows run free and face no persecution for their loyalty

#68 Posted by darkspineslayer (19538 posts) -

Just might buy this.

#69 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Lol Xbox One is worse than an entry level midrange card and performs like a low card.

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

Shouldn't be at Sonygaf then cow? You know where cows run free and face no persecution for their loyalty

why I was praising the ps4?

you are a delusional lemming,

put some prep h on that butt hurt because you got banned from gaf for talking stupid

#70 Posted by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

put some prep h on that butt hurt because you got banned from gaf for talking stupid

You are always praising the PS4 and putting down the XOne you moron.

How was I banned from gaf stupid ass when I A) have never posted and most importantly B) I don't even have an account their? Dude are you seriously that stupid? Wait you're a cow so of course you are.

#71 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

Meh, when it comes to gpus it's go big or go home to me.

I have the same mentality, If I'm going to upgrade my GPU, I'm gonna get something beefy to last me a few years.

#72 Edited by slipknot0129 (5485 posts) -

I'll probably put one of these in my living room pc that has a 300w psu. You know you're safe to do it when Nvidia themselves say you can put one of these on a computer that has a 300w psu.

Thats pretty cool that pretty much any Walmart desktop can be upgraded with a gpu almost as powerful as a Gtx 480.

#73 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

How was I banned from gaf stupid ass when I A) have never posted and most importantly B) I don't even have an account their? Dude are you seriously that stupid? Wait you're a cow so of course you are.

just check my post history,

I haven't even drank enough milk to be near a cow.

just because I hate Microsoft,

does not mean I love sony you know.

#74 Posted by bfmv2007 (279 posts) -

Why couldn't the PS4 or Xbox One use a GPU like this? Its cheap, and 1080p 60fps would be no issue on medium-sub high settings, which is what console games usually run at anyways. 720p and 900p would be a thing of the past, and there would be no worries of console games falling flat of PC games in the next 5 years. It may have boosted the final price of the console 50-100 more dollars, but would have been worth it in the end.

#75 Edited by cfisher2833 (1570 posts) -

@bfmv2007 said:

Why couldn't the PS4 or Xbox One use a GPU like this? Its cheap, and 1080p 60fps would be no issue on medium-sub high settings, which is what console games usually run at anyways. 720p and 900p would be a thing of the past, and there would be no worries of console games falling flat of PC games in the next 5 years. It may have boosted the final price of the console 50-100 more dollars, but would have been worth it in the end.

Going with AMD just made more sense. Nvidia doesn't have the capability to make an APU, which for consoles is a pretty good choice (they have to keep a low power draw and this was harder at the time with a dedicated CPU and GPU). Also, AMD tends to have better price to performance. This particular GPU is only momentous in that it runs off of PCIE power. In addition, at the time of the PS4/XB1 development, Maxwell didn't exist. This kind of technology (ie a GPU with such amazing power per watt) wasn't around at the time. Altogether, going with AMD was just an obvious choice. I also heard Nvidia was demanding that the console makers put an Nvidia sticker on the front of the box, which to me is fair. After all, its their tech that would be behind the product, not Sony or Microsofts.

#76 Edited by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

I've seen your posting history and a cow you most certainly are.

Why would you hate MS in the 1st place? Only a Sony fanboy would hate on MS.

#77 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

silly lem,

like I said I don't praise sony or say buy that over ms.

maybe I hate ms and they kept messing with my pc gaming,

or I am a hardcore mac fan,

or hardcore Nintendo,

there is just too many reasons to hope for Microsoft to get the fuck out of gaming,

but sony wouldn't be a factor in those wishes either

#78 Posted by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

silly lem,

or hardcore Nintendo,

there is just too many reasons to hope for Microsoft to get the fuck out of gaming,

Sure kid. I've never seen you do anything other than bash MS and praise Sony. Cow is a cow is a cow is a cow. moooooooo on kid

#79 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

silly lem,

or hardcore Nintendo,

Sure kid. I've never seen you do anything other than bash MS and praise Sony. Cow is a cow is a cow is a cow. moooooooo on kid

just because you got served,

doesn't make me younger than you.

the lemming has been owned,

so why not cry to your mother instead of me.

and like I said,

prove to me where I praise sony.

other wise,

you are just coming off as a presumptuous retard,

with no quantifiable evidence to back up your claim,

so get on it,

ok little miss sunshine

#80 Posted by lostrib (34236 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

silly lem,

or hardcore Nintendo,

just because you got served,

doesn't make me younger than you.

the lemming has been owned,

so why not cry to your mother instead of me.

and like I said,

prove to me where I praise sony.

other wise,

you are just coming off as a presumptuous retard,

with no quantifiable evidence to back up your claim,

so get on it,

ok little miss sunshine

Seriously guys, clean up your quote chains. I don't need notifications for one single comment I made that isn't even visible in the chain anymore...I wish GS would do this automatically

#81 Posted by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@killatwill15: I got served? Ummm how? You're a cow just live with it kid.

Your posting history kid, it speaks volumes. I don't understand why you're fighting it so much. Just go with it youngling.

#82 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Your posting history kid, it speaks volumes. I don't understand why you're fighting it so much. Just go with it youngling.

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

now kiss the rings bitch.

tap your rosy red slippers together,

and go back to Kansas bitch.

come back when you can back up your claims instead of baseless accusations

#83 Edited by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

What's the matter kid, you mad? Seems like I hit a nerve youngling.

Like I said, your posting history speaks volumes. No further proof is needed kid. Go moooooooo to someone else

#84 Posted by kitty (114541 posts) -

Nice card and awesome that it doesn't need any power connectors. This should help out a lot who want to game on the pc, but think it's too expensive.

#85 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

Like I said, your posting history speaks volumes. No further proof is needed kid. Go moooooooo to someone else

you are saying what?

I told you to quote me from my post history,

and you aren't doing that,

or are you still learning to read.

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

and rummage through them and pull up some evidence,

just like you pull that shit out of your ass.

give it a go my boy, one day you will get it

#86 Posted by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

you are saying what?

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

Or I can just continue to call you for what you are, a raging blind super cow that hates on MS for no other reason than it's not Sony. Stop living in denial kid.

#87 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4361 posts) -

i love gpu's like this. really potent performance for the price.

if any console gamers are genuinely interesting in giving pc gaming a go, a gpu like this is a nice way to jump in.

#88 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

you are saying what?

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

Or I can just continue to call you for what you are, a raging blind super cow that hates on MS for no other reason than it's not Sony. Stop living in denial kid.

just quote me on it,

go through my post history and prove it.

it isn't as hard as you make it seem,

or are you as full of shit as your posts?

#89 Posted by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

you are saying what?

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

just quote me on it,

So much denial it's almost laughable.

Just admit it kid, you're a cow. Move on and go mooo with your friends.

#90 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

you are saying what?

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

just quote me on it,

you are in denial,

and saying kid and cow,

isn't going to change the fact you got nothing on me.

just go through my post history and dig up something,

you are publicly disbanding whatever credulity you have with baseless accusations.

dig up something on me from my post history and offer it up,

other wise you are just wasting time,

at this moment you have a chance to evade the lemmming stereotype and have actual evidence.

it isn't hard, it will save you a few key strokes if you just copy and paste something.

#91 Edited by cfisher2833 (1570 posts) -

For fucks sake. Get back on topic. Have your little feud over the message system.

#92 Posted by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

you are saying what?

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

just quote me on it,

you are in denial,

and saying kid and cow,

you are publicly disbanding whatever credulity you have with baseless accusations.

at this moment you have a chance to evade the lemmming stereotype and have actual evidence.

it isn't hard, it will save you a few key strokes if you just copy and paste something.

You sure are protesting an awful lot knowing you're a cow. Why so much protesting when you know you're a cow. I thought all cows were proud to say they're cows. Guess you must secretly hate being a cow. Are you going to continue to cry if I keep calling you a cow?

Would you like me to lay off?

#93 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

you are saying what?

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

just quote me on it,

you are in denial,

and saying kid and cow,

You sure are protesting an awful lot knowing you're a cow. Why so much protesting when you know you're a cow. I thought all cows were proud to say they're cows. Guess you must secretly hate being a cow. Are you going to continue to cry if I keep calling you a cow?

there is nothing to protest

i told you to go through my post history,

and get some evidence.

you even said my posting history says it all,

so get something to back up your claim.

for someone who calls other people kids,

you are acting very childish.

don't play stupid and go through my post history

#94 Edited by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

you are saying what?

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

just quote me on it,

you are in denial,

and saying kid and cow,

and get some evidence.

No need kid. You're a cow, you know it and I know it.

Do YOU need proof that you're a cow? You know you're a cow so why would you need proof.

Seriously, don't get so butthurt over being called a cow. Cows are supposed to be proud of what they are....... narrow minded, MS hating Sony can do no wrong fanboys.

#95 Posted by cfisher2833 (1570 posts) -

Can a mod seriously come in and clean this thread up? Delete all the annoying back and forth posts between these two ^^^ so we can maybe get the thread back on track.

#96 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

no evidence again?

that's what I thought,

you are saying what?

heres what you do,

you click my profile,

go to forum posts,

just quote me on it,

you are in denial,

and saying kid and cow,

and get some evidence.

No need kid. You're a cow, you know it and I know it.

Do YOU need proof that you're a cow? You know you're a cow so why would you need proof.

Seriously, don't get so butthurt over being called a cow. Cows are supposed to be proud of what they are....... narrow minded, MS hating Sony can do no wrong fanboys.

someone is mad,

if you could've proved it, you would've proved it.

sony can do no wrong?

like I said pull up something where I praise sony,

if not,

have a nice day.

#97 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2381 posts) -

That is not a "mid range" video card. It's a low end part.

#98 Edited by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@killatwill15: Yeah, you're mad. Why else would you be adamant that you're not a cow.

Still trying to deny it huh? Man so much butthurt. Sorry you're a cow but you have no one else to blame but yourself.

#99 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15: Yeah, you're mad. Why else would you be adamant that you're not a cow.

Still trying to deny it huh? Man so much butthurt. Sorry you're a cow but you have no one else to blame but yourself.

yawn

#100 Edited by kingtito (4851 posts) -

@kingtito said:

yawn

Hey buddy, I'm not the one that's upset because someone is calling you a cow.