Gamespot rReviews the 750ti: $150,PCIE power, maxes games!

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by cfisher2833 (1550 posts) -

Really sounds like a great card to convert people over. You don't even need a external power connector, because it runs off the PCIE power, and it does a pretty damn good job for its price.

Game changer? Why buy an XB1 for Titanfall when you could just stick this thing in your pre-built?

Some links for those interested, for more in depth coverage:

Tom's Hardware

#2 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -

damn looks good.

#3 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3001 posts) -

Game Changer.

#4 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9093 posts) -

That is not a "mid range" video card. It's a low end part.

#5 Posted by glez13 (8585 posts) -

Just a snippet of better things to come. Waiting for real Maxwell later this year.

#6 Posted by osirisx3 (1743 posts) -

amd is butter

#7 Posted by Consternated (489 posts) -

@osirisx3 said:

amd is butter

Not when cryptocurrency is selling cards faster than they can make them.

#8 Edited by Northernboxer (1666 posts) -

That's really impressive.

#9 Edited by 04dcarraher (19171 posts) -

The GTX 750ti sits between the GTX 650ti and GTX 660 performance wise. While the GTX 750ti's that have the extra pci-e power connector can be overclocked to the point of performing as well or better then the GTX 660 for $160ish.

Even the ones with a pci-e connector can use the 4 pin molex to pci-e adapter with those pc's with ~300w psu's.

#10 Posted by adamosmaki (9436 posts) -

aside power consumption at that price is not really a good buy . About 20% slower than a same priced r265x. But its an indication of thinks to come ( about time to move to a newer architecture )

#11 Edited by leandrro (787 posts) -

@cfisher2833: i think its still a bit over priced and people should wait, i got my 7870 for 150 and then it droped to 115 , since it had raised a lot but people should wait, PC parts must be bought when they are cheap, its not like console market were price drops take years to happen

my 7870 is a least 50% faster then this card, i decent price for this would be around 100-120

#12 Edited by leandrro (787 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

Really sounds like a great card to convert people over. You don't even need a external power connector, because it runs off the PCIE power, and it does a pretty damn good job for its price.

Game changer? Why buy an XB1 for Titanfall when you could just stick this thing in your pre-built?

Some links for those interested, for more in depth coverage:

Tom's Hardware

this is not a air comparison, titanfall on Xbox looks like crap, this card is much better than the X1

#13 Posted by Consternated (489 posts) -

That performance per watt... http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_750_Ti/26.html

I'm gonna put one of these in a Steam machine streaming box, I think. Main system has GTX 780s, so hopefully this with a good CPU will be good enough for the decoding.

#14 Posted by 04dcarraher (19171 posts) -
@leandrro said:

@cfisher2833: i think its still a bit over priced and people should wait, i got my 7870 for 150 and then it droped to 115 , since it had raised a lot but people should wait, PC parts must be bought when they are cheap, its not like console market were price drops take years to happen

my 7870 is a least 50% faster then this card, i decent price for this would be around 100-120

Since october all 7850+ and AMD 270+ series have been priced gouged.

#15 Edited by lostrib (33450 posts) -

lol, that first clip of titanfall in the review is pretty bad

#16 Posted by adamosmaki (9436 posts) -

@leandrro said:

Not really. At least not that much as people make it for low/mid range cards ( up to 270x/7870) (at least here in Europe . I bought a 2gb 7850 for 90pounds back in december ( granted it was a flash sale on Amazon but still prices are not that much different than what they were 6-7 months ago)

#17 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

You spend $150 and play titanfall maxed with 60fps+ and 1080p. You spend $560 to play titanfall in 792p, 35-60fps and low/medium settings. How exciting is this?

#18 Edited by 04dcarraher (19171 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:
@leandrro said:

Not really. At least not that much as people make it for low/mid range cards ( up to 270x/7870) (at least here in Europe . I bought a 2gb 7850 for 90pounds back in december ( granted it was a flash sale on Amazon but still prices are not that much different than what they were 6-7 months ago)

in USA they have been gouged. Right now 270x is a $300+ (180 pounds ) card and has kept the $250+ price since November. If your lucky you can fine a $170-$200 7870 at times.

#19 Posted by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

Bodes well for the upcoming Maxwell cards. I'm personally looking forward to the GTX 870 or GTX 880.

#20 Posted by osirisx3 (1743 posts) -

@osirisx3 said:

amd is butter

Not when cryptocurrency is selling cards faster than they can make them.

so high demand= less quality

#21 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3679 posts) -

With the lower power draw I am very much looking forward to see what the GTX 880 brings.

#22 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

TitanFall is now officially a competative PC title, and best on PC.

Thanks consolites. Lol.

#23 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1924 posts) -

I guess this is ok for some people

#24 Posted by Snugenz (11746 posts) -

Great card for the price point, might get one to replace my HTPC's 6770.

#25 Edited by lostrib (33450 posts) -

With the lower power draw I am very much looking forward to see what the GTX 880 brings.

Hopefully it brings it soon

#26 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

I'm really surprised by the size, and that you don't need to plug a power connector into it. That's pretty awesome.

The card in my PC is gigantic.

#27 Posted by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

This would be a pretty decent card to put in an HTPC or Steambox. Really can't wait for the Maxwell stuff to come through, now!

#28 Edited by MonsieurX (29248 posts) -

You spend $150 and play titanfall maxed with 60fps+ and 1080p. You spend $560 to play titanfall in 792p, 35-60fps and low/medium settings. How exciting is this?

Didn't know it's possible to play games with a gpu only

#29 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Now you know.

#30 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16256 posts) -

But can it play games at 1080p ?

#31 Posted by True_Gamer_ (5985 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883265819

Still cheaper than Xbone + 1 year live....

#32 Posted by NFJSupreme (5131 posts) -

Still slightly overprice but that is is to be expected from nvidia. Over all a very solid card and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a cheap upgrade to get into PC gaming immediately without having to build a new rig. $150 basically puts you on par with the xbone. So cows who are jelly of Titanfall you can come join the master race. We welcome all :)

#33 Posted by mbrockway (3352 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@silversix_ said:

Most people have a pc already, and this thing just runs off the pcie slot so you don't need a crazy psu.

#34 Posted by cfisher2833 (1550 posts) -

@True_Gamer_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

@silversix_ said:

Most people have a pc already, and this thing just runs off the pcie slot so you don't need a crazy psu.

To be fair, you don't need a crazy PSU for most GPUs though. This has the benefit of not requiring ANY PSU upgrade whatsoever, which is a big deal. I know when I first upgraded an old desktop with a 550ti, the most intimidating element of that was replacing the PSU. I took photos to remember where I needed to connect the power connectors to. This is gonna make it so much easier for a lot of people. I imagine a hell of a lot of MMO players with their crap desktops are seriously gonna consider this.

#35 Posted by cfisher2833 (1550 posts) -

Damn. Article is exploding on reddit.

#36 Posted by xhawk27 (7215 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@silversix_ said:

Now you know.

It also beats the PS4 too! hashahahaaha

#37 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13892 posts) -

Lol Xbox One is worse than an entry level midrange card and performs like a low card.

#38 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@silversix_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

@silversix_ said:

Now you know.

It also beats the PS4 too! hashahahaaha

Cool.

#39 Posted by xhawk27 (7215 posts) -

Lol Xbox One is worse than an entry level midrange card and performs like a low card.

A $200 card can easily beat the PS4.

#40 Posted by lostrib (33450 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

but a $150 card can beat the x1

#41 Posted by millerlight89 (18346 posts) -

Meh, when it comes to gpus it's go big or go home to me.

#42 Posted by xhawk27 (7215 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

I don't care about the X1. MS are idiots for making it so weak.

#43 Posted by True_Gamer_ (5985 posts) -

@True_Gamer_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

@silversix_ said:

That PC + the 750 = $530 a sad day that there is a prebuilt PC that beats a console 4 months into its life....

#44 Posted by millerlight89 (18346 posts) -

@mbrockway said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

@silversix_ said:

That PC + the 750 = $530 a sad day that there is a prebuilt PC that beats a console 4 months into its life....

That PC will maybe make it a year into this gen. A dual core cpu? Come on. You also have to take into consideration optimization.

#45 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

@True_Gamer_ said:

@mbrockway said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@MonsieurX said:

@silversix_ said:

That PC will maybe make it a year into this gen. A dual core cpu? Come on. You also have to take into consideration optimization.

we all seen how amazingly optimized last gen titles like TR/BF4/Ass Creed are... nothing impressive at all.

#46 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

you don't care about the xbone,

yet talk smack about the ps4 any chance you get,

and praise the xbone.

you know there is a site for you,

its called polygon,

where lemmings run free and face no persecution for their loyalty

#47 Posted by xhawk27 (7215 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

I only point out the flaws that the PS4 has sometimes. I don't pretend it's a super high end PC.

I praise some of the features on the Xbox One, mostly I like the games it has. I don't feel the need to bash it all the time.

Yeah but being in last place last gen must got you guys scared. hahahahahaa

#48 Posted by remiks00 (1653 posts) -

Wow, I'm officially excited to see what Nvidia's new Maxwell 800 series cards will bring, if this is anything to go by.

#49 Posted by kraken2109 (12978 posts) -

@True_Gamer_ said:

@mbrockway said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

I don't think you realise how bad the CPUs in the current consoles are.

#50 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

and praise the xbone.

its called polygon,

I only point out the flaws that the PS4 has sometimes. I don't pretend it's a super high end PC.

I praise some of the features on the Xbox One, mostly I like the games it has. I don't feel the need to bash it all the time.

Yeah but being in last place last gen must got you guys scared. hahahahahaa

you guys?

what the fuck are you talking about seriously?

you are a lemming,

no need to lie,

just admit it