Gamespot: PS3 is not worth buying

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
I agree with "Reconsider the price" because I still think it's way too expensive to reel in plenty of casuals but then again, I'm sure it's not going to stay $600 forever and Sony will drop the price enough in time for games like GT5 to dominate the casual scene.

Their others points in that list are a bit "meh". They're overrating the "Improve developer support" since Sony has secured great exclusives this gen. Their only major mess up imo is GTAIV losing timed exclusivity but I understand the reasons behind Rockstar going multiplat (larger userbase for 360 at the time of release).

Seems like a fair list to be honest but somehow I doubt they'll come up with a list for Wii or 360, both of which also have many flaws.

Also extremely interesting that this comes after the announcement of Home.
the-very-best
Exactly!!!!! right after Home was announce? Come one now. I've been around the block in my day. Gamespot is up to something...
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#52 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Where did they bash Home? (Link?)  Were they actually bashing or saying "meh"?  Either way I don't think Home is anything to get excited about.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]I agree with "Reconsider the price" because I still think it's way too expensive to reel in plenty of casuals but then again, I'm sure it's not going to stay $600 forever and Sony will drop the price enough in time for games like GT5 to dominate the casual scene.

Their others points in that list are a bit "meh". They're overrating the "Improve developer support" since Sony has secured great exclusives this gen. Their only major mess up imo is GTAIV losing timed exclusivity but I understand the reasons behind Rockstar going multiplat (larger userbase for 360 at the time of release).

Seems like a fair list to be honest but somehow I doubt they'll come up with a list for Wii or 360, both of which also have many flaws.

KeyWii
Exactly, one of them even managed to complain about Home. So it's quite obvious this is just damage control after a great GDC for Sony.

It's not really a big deal all in all though. I mean, it really isn't going to influence any casual not to buy a PS3.

As if they're not still playing their PS2. When PS3 is advertised in about a year and a half with games like GT5, GTAIV, Burnout, F1, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword (for casuals), FFXIII, DMCIV, Tekken 6, MGSIV (for hardcore gamers) and Singstar, LBP, Eyetoy (for non gamers) + PSHome for everyone, the console is guaranteed very strong sales, and we all know that.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts
Exactly, one of them even managed to complain about Home. So it's quite obvious this is just damage control after a great GDC for Sony.KeyWii

LOL. People byuing consoles to play GAMES, not for stuppid video chats instead.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts

Obviously, this is Sony's response to Microsoft's incredibly popular achievements system. Here's the thing though: Apart from being good bragging fodder, points, achievements, and the PS3's trophies serve no purpose. To make matters worse--and at the risk of sounding like an egotist here--I'm probably not going to care much about your trophy case, just as I suspect you won't give a sweet Christmas about mine. Instead, we're all simply concerned about our own collections.

They haven't even tried Home and yet they're already bashing it.

Animeninja7
When achievements are on the X360 they're worth buying 360 multiplats over PS3 multiplats. When they're on the PS3, they're useless.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Exactly, one of them even managed to complain about Home. So it's quite obvious this is just damage control after a great GDC for Sony.dimar19

PS3 has a great lineup for 2007. Wii is much worse off, yet why don't we see gamespot dogging on the Nintendo Wii?
neonvzla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 neonvzla
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
[QUOTE="Animeninja7"]

Obviously, this is Sony's response to Microsoft's incredibly popular achievements system. Here's the thing though: Apart from being good bragging fodder, points, achievements, and the PS3's trophies serve no purpose. To make matters worse--and at the risk of sounding like an egotist here--I'm probably not going to care much about your trophy case, just as I suspect you won't give a sweet Christmas about mine. Instead, we're all simply concerned about our own collections.

KeyWii
When achievements are on the X360 they're worth buying 360 multiplats over PS3 multiplats. When they're on the PS3, they're useless.

If I'm not mistaken, Achievementes in X360 actually allows you to buy games, shirts and other crap. The Ps3 Achievements only seem to give you a "pretty trophy" for "your" house.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dimar19
PS3 has a great lineup for 2007. Wii is much worse off, yet why don't we see gamespot dogging on the Nintendo Wii?KeyWii

Here I agree, even PS3 2007 lineup looks better then Wii.
Animeninja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Animeninja7
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Animeninja7"]

neonvzla

If I'm not mistaken, Achievementes in X360 actually allows you to buy games, shirts and other crap. The Ps3 Achievements only seem to give you a "pretty trophy" for "your" house.

We haven't seen everything what Home has to offer. Do you believe Gamespot already know what Home has to offer?
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]I agree with "Reconsider the price" because I still think it's way too expensive to reel in plenty of casuals but then again, I'm sure it's not going to stay $600 forever and Sony will drop the price enough in time for games like GT5 to dominate the casual scene.

shungokustasu
Exactly!!!!! right after Home was announce? Come one now. I've been around the block in my day. Gamespot is up to something...

I agree. It's becoming really bad.
-Antisocial-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -Antisocial-
Member since 2003 • 372 Posts
Greg Mueller: Basically, Sony needs to rip off Xbox Live.
neonvzla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 neonvzla
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
[QUOTE="neonvzla"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Animeninja7"]

Animeninja7

We haven't seen everything what Home has to offer. Do you believe Gamespot already know what Home has to offer? .

Well, if Sony could actually bother in giving a little bit of more information instead of going "itz teh pwnnnnzzorzss!!!1111" in their Keynotes, maybe, just maybe.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#62 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
[QUOTE="dimar19"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Exactly, one of them even managed to complain about Home. So it's quite obvious this is just damage control after a great GDC for Sony.KeyWii

PS3 has a great lineup for 2007. Wii is much worse off, yet why don't we see gamespot dogging on the Nintendo Wii?

They have.  When the controller was first shown they had an article with reactions.  Only a few editors were very optimistic, Jeff initially just gave up on the controller saying it didn't pass the Street Fighter test.  The On the Spot with them first playing Wii was sketchy.  Wii isn't much worse off, sure it doesn't have as many games as we'd like, the online system is bad aside from VC, and it's hard to get one, but it's selling very well, has lots of positive press, and has its share of great games.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

They are right a PS3 right now isn't worth it. Only a few good games and most are multiplat and better on the 360. Online isn't fixed yet with firmware updates every two weeks. In the future it will be worth it most likely but now no so how is telling the truth bias? :|

Bananna2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bananna2
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]I agree with "Reconsider the price" because I still think it's way too expensive to reel in plenty of casuals but then again, I'm sure it's not going to stay $600 forever and Sony will drop the price enough in time for games like GT5 to dominate the casual scene.

hellsing321
Exactly, one of them even managed to complain about Home. So it's quite obvious this is just damage control after a great GDC for Sony.

WTH does GS need to do damage control for over Home?

Obviosly it kill them to lett PS3 shine for one day, i wounder what will happen to them if the PS3 outsell 360 for Feb and March???heartatack maybe????

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#65 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
I really dont give a rats arse what Gamespot thinks about the PS3, its what I think that matters in my decision to purchase a console after all. So far demos for Resistance and Motorstorm have impressed me, plus great games like Heavenly Sword, UT3, Oblivion and Battlefield: Bad Company are coming out and I certainly want to pick up a PS3 sometime.
Animeninja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Animeninja7
[QUOTE="Animeninja7"][QUOTE="neonvzla"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Animeninja7"]

neonvzla

We haven't seen everything what Home has to offer. Do you believe Gamespot already know what Home has to offer? .

Well, if Sony could actually bother in giving a little bit of more information instead of going "itz teh pwnnnnzzorzss!!!1111" in their Keynotes, maybe, just maybe.

They did gave a lot of information but obviously not the whole thing.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KeyWii
Listen to what Andrew Park said... this guy is nuts. "Even with the intriguing news announced at the Game Developers Conference, it's still hard to look at the PlayStation3 as much more than an extremely expensive novelty, especially considering Sony's spotty history with hardware problems for both the original PlayStation and the PlayStation 2." WHAT!? This is the absolute most crazy thing a GameSpot editor has ever uttered from their mouths -- err - fingers. He has somehow made the X360's meltdown problems PS3's problem. And Sony has a history of shoddy hardware? Oh my god... this guy....
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dimar19
i wounder what will happen to them if the PS3 outsell 360 for Feb and March?Bananna2

Very doubtfull. There are many stuppid people in the world, but not so much.
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hellsing321
Member since 2005 • 9608 Posts

[QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]I agree with "Reconsider the price" because I still think it's way too expensive to reel in plenty of casuals but then again, I'm sure it's not going to stay $600 forever and Sony will drop the price enough in time for games like GT5 to dominate the casual scene.

Bananna2

Obviosly it kill them to lett PS3 shine for one day, i wounder what will happen to them if the PS3 outsell 360 for Feb and March???heartatack maybe????

Thats to crazy to dignify with a response other then: :|
klabut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 klabut
Member since 2006 • 3264 Posts
Why are people saying they're bias when lots of sites anaylsts are saying the same things? Maybe it's the truth.:roll:
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PS3_3DO

[QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]I agree with "Reconsider the price" because I still think it's way too expensive to reel in plenty of casuals but then again, I'm sure it's not going to stay $600 forever and Sony will drop the price enough in time for games like GT5 to dominate the casual scene.

Bananna2

It didn't outsell the 360 in January in North America so why do you think it will in Feb or March? :|

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
Well they're right. I'll wait a year or so ebfore getting mineDrukter
I'll wait 'till GT5... and that'll probably come early '09.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="dimar19"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Exactly, one of them even managed to complain about Home. So it's quite obvious this is just damage control after a great GDC for Sony.solidsnakeEx3

They have. When the controller was first shown they had an article with reactions. Only a few editors were very optimistic, Jeff initially just gave up on the controller saying it didn't pass the Street Fighter test. The On the Spot with them first playing Wii was sketchy. Wii isn't much worse off, sure it doesn't have as many games as we'd like, the online system is bad aside from VC, and it's hard to get one, but it's selling very well, has lots of positive press, and has its share of great games.

There's a difference between passing comments made on a video, and what you possibly interpreted from it, from full-blown featured articles that make no if's, and's, or but's about it.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DSgamer64

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="dimar19"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Exactly, one of them even managed to complain about Home. So it's quite obvious this is just damage control after a great GDC for Sony.solidsnakeEx3

They have.  When the controller was first shown they had an article with reactions.  Only a few editors were very optimistic, Jeff initially just gave up on the controller saying it didn't pass the Street Fighter test.  The On the Spot with them first playing Wii was sketchy.  Wii isn't much worse off, sure it doesn't have as many games as we'd like, the online system is bad aside from VC, and it's hard to get one, but it's selling very well, has lots of positive press, and has its share of great games.

People really doubt the Wii and PS3 because there havent been a ton of games announced for this year that are worth the hype, but then again thats all dependent on opinion, I see zero games on the 360 worth hyping at the moment that arent multiplat titles like UT3. I think E3 is really the time when we can start to judge console for this year since many more games will be announced with release dates.

tonythestudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tonythestudent
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Suprise Suprise
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DSgamer64

Listen to what Andrew Park said... this guy is nuts. "Even with the intriguing news announced at the Game Developers Conference, it's still hard to look at the PlayStation3 as much more than an extremely expensive novelty, especially considering Sony's spotty history with hardware problems for both the original PlayStation and the PlayStation 2." WHAT!? This is the absolute most crazy thing a GameSpot editor has ever uttered from their mouths -- err - fingers. He has somehow made the X360's meltdown problems PS3's problem. And Sony has a history of shoddy hardware? Oh my god... this guy....KeyWii

I have heard that the PS3's at launch were all pretty bug free aside from some backwards compatibility with certain games that were fixed by Sony in an update and a couple of minor hardware problems, I havent heard of a system having as many problems at launch as the 360 did. I mean jesus melting CPU's and poor cooling, disc scratching and disc read errors or the drives crapping out and harddrives failing just to name a few issues that I have heard about.

cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 cheapness1
Member since 2003 • 883 Posts

The article does seem a little bit odd...

Not to go down the whole GS is biased track but why they decided on doing an article like this about the Ps3 is beyond me. An article on how to make the Wii or 360 worth buying would be equally easy but I don't suppose they'll be doing either of those?!

In fact that article wouldn't be too out of place right here in system wars lol...

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#78 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
[QUOTE="Animeninja7"]

KeyWii

That is more or less what they were saying. Sony comes to the plate with something that may rival "achievements", and it is deemed a "useless feature". The trophies serve the same purpose as the "incredibly popular" achievements, so what what makes trophies any less useless than achievements?

I am sure that there will be PLENTY of PS3 owners that will love the trophy feature in Home every bit as much as Xbox Live users who use their achievements for bragging rights. As an owner of a PS3 and a 360, I do not care about achievements or trophies, myself, but still....what is the difference? What makes Sony's new system "useless" and Xbox Live's "achievements" worthy?

The bottom line, is that they will BOTH be useful for who in the hell ever wants to use them.

Animeninja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Animeninja7
Why are people saying they're bias when lots of sites anaylsts are saying the same things? Maybe it's the truth.:roll:klabut
The article happens after GDC where Sony blew away a lot of developers with their presentation; thus, a lot of the developers gave Sony praises. What do you think about that?
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Listen to what Andrew Park said... this guy is nuts. "Even with the intriguing news announced at the Game Developers Conference, it's still hard to look at the PlayStation3 as much more than an extremely expensive novelty, especially considering Sony's spotty history with hardware problems for both the original PlayStation and the PlayStation 2." WHAT!? This is the absolute most crazy thing a GameSpot editor has ever uttered from their mouths -- err - fingers. He has somehow made the X360's meltdown problems PS3's problem. And Sony has a history of shoddy hardware? Oh my god... this guy....

I don't like that. Ignoring that the 360 has a lot of hardware issues is not good.

What's worse is that the editor has developed a mentality that claims "Sony's past hardware sucked so this one must too", despite the PS3 launching a complete year after the competition.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 KeyWii

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Listen to what Andrew Park said... this guy is nuts. "Even with the intriguing news announced at the Game Developers Conference, it's still hard to look at the PlayStation3 as much more than an extremely expensive novelty, especially considering Sony's spotty history with hardware problems for both the original PlayStation and the PlayStation 2." WHAT!? This is the absolute most crazy thing a GameSpot editor has ever uttered from their mouths -- err - fingers. He has somehow made the X360's meltdown problems PS3's problem. And Sony has a history of shoddy hardware? Oh my god... this guy....DSgamer64

I have heard that the PS3's at launch were all pretty bug free aside from some backwards compatibility with certain games that were fixed by Sony in an update and a couple of minor hardware problems, I havent heard of a system having as many problems at launch as the 360 did. I mean jesus melting CPU's and poor cooling, disc scratching and disc read errors or the drives crapping out and harddrives failing just to name a few issues that I have heard about.

Exactly... the dude is completely off base. Has he ever even played a PlayStation?
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
I sometimes ask myself. If so many people have so many different gripes with Gamespot then why do you guys stay?

I'm not saying you should leave but what really keeps you here? Surely system wars isn't that amusing. Okay I lied it is lol
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 KeyWii
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Listen to what Andrew Park said... this guy is nuts. "Even with the intriguing news announced at the Game Developers Conference, it's still hard to look at the PlayStation3 as much more than an extremely expensive novelty, especially considering Sony's spotty history with hardware problems for both the original PlayStation and the PlayStation 2." WHAT!? This is the absolute most crazy thing a GameSpot editor has ever uttered from their mouths -- err - fingers. He has somehow made the X360's meltdown problems PS3's problem. And Sony has a history of shoddy hardware? Oh my god... this guy....

I don't like that. Ignoring that the 360 has a lot of hardware issues is not good.

What's worse is that the editor has developed a mentality that claims "Sony's past hardware sucked so this one must too", despite the PS3 launching a complete year after the competition.

Yeah.. he should be corrected on that. Opinions are fine and all, but that goes a little too far... it enters the realm of flat out lies.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I sometimes ask myself. If so many people have so many different gripes with Gamespot then why do you guys stay?

I'm not saying you should leave but what really keeps you here? Surely system wars isn't that amusing. Okay I lied it is lol
Blackbond
Game information and the insanity of SW. That's what keeps me here anyways. Back on topic.... *Obviously, this is Sony's response to Microsoft's incredibly popular achievements system. Here's the thing though: Apart from being good bragging fodder, points, achievements, and the PS3's trophies serve no purpose.* Yup, achievements/trophies mean nothing now that the PS3 has them. :roll: *The Game Developers Conference was Sony's chance to sell me on something brand new and prove that I can't live without my PlayStation 3. Offering a new experience is how Nintendo sold me on the Wii controller and what Microsoft has done with points on the Xbox 360.* I don't really understand this one. What points on the 360? *here needs to be a fast, reliable way to get any hardware issue resolved (whether that be through mail-order, service centers, or both) along with a retroactive lifetime guarantee on every unit sold. Given the infamous track record of unreliability that PlayStation hardware has, putting down $600 (and much more in Euros) is a hard commitment to make, but a worry-free guarantee of fast and perpetual support for repairs would help.* A lifetime guarantee? That's freaking ridiculous. Not to mention the track record baffles me. I know PS2's had the DRE (Mine didn't) but the PS1 was pretty darn stable. It would be impossible to give a lifetime guarantee, people would come back 12 years later and want a brand new one. Not to mention the PS3 has had no problems when it comes to hardware. This is just grasping for something to badmouth about.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PS3_3DO

[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Listen to what Andrew Park said... this guy is nuts. "Even with the intriguing news announced at the Game Developers Conference, it's still hard to look at the PlayStation3 as much more than an extremely expensive novelty, especially considering Sony's spotty history with hardware problems for both the original PlayStation and the PlayStation 2." WHAT!? This is the absolute most crazy thing a GameSpot editor has ever uttered from their mouths -- err - fingers. He has somehow made the X360's meltdown problems PS3's problem. And Sony has a history of shoddy hardware? Oh my god... this guy....KeyWii

Yeah.. he should be corrected on that. Opinions are fine and all, but that goes a little too far... it enters the realm of flat out lies.

I say there is a campaign against the 360 with it's relibility. Those are lies made by Sony fanboys to stop people from buying an 360. At most the defective rate is at 5% - 10% but not higher than that.

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

I don't see the problem.

In fact, I actually agree with them. As of right now, PS3 is not worth buying. The only games that interest me aren't released yet (besides VF5).

KeyWii
Well to most Gamers, games would certainly be the tipping point. But that same thing could be said about Nintendo's Wii. But the fact is they go out of their way to gripe about every thing, even PSHome.

The UK editor said, if the price was 100 cheaper they would be right in... I would be too, as that is a bargin. Crank up the US price for once ¬_¬

I like the idea, one edior made on the Achievment points in home.
That would be awesome ;) Beating a set mode can unlock new areas in home, and see new development of the next game etc.
That would rock.
tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts
So you think that Sony would have come along with the ps3 on their own without being pushed by the press and the media? Not a chance... article like this help make sony get off of their high horse and start seeing what we consumers really want.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 KeyWii

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Listen to what Andrew Park said... this guy is nuts. "Even with the intriguing news announced at the Game Developers Conference, it's still hard to look at the PlayStation3 as much more than an extremely expensive novelty, especially considering Sony's spotty history with hardware problems for both the original PlayStation and the PlayStation 2." WHAT!? This is the absolute most crazy thing a GameSpot editor has ever uttered from their mouths -- err - fingers. He has somehow made the X360's meltdown problems PS3's problem. And Sony has a history of shoddy hardware? Oh my god... this guy....PS3_3DO

I say there is a campaign against the 360 with it's relibility. Those are lies made by Sony fanboys to stop people from buying an 360. At most the defective rate is at 5% - 10% but not higher than that.

And whats the failure rate on the PS3?
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PS3_3DO
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Listen to what Andrew Park said... this guy is nuts. "Even with the intriguing news announced at the Game Developers Conference, it's still hard to look at the PlayStation3 as much more than an extremely expensive novelty, especially considering Sony's spotty history with hardware problems for both the original PlayStation and the PlayStation 2." WHAT!? This is the absolute most crazy thing a GameSpot editor has ever uttered from their mouths -- err - fingers. He has somehow made the X360's meltdown problems PS3's problem. And Sony has a history of shoddy hardware? Oh my god... this guy....KeyWii

And whats the failure rate on the PS3?

A lot less because nobody is going to play a PS3 for 12 hours straight. :lol:

ChitoKiryoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ChitoKiryoku
Member since 2004 • 966 Posts
I don't get why people complain about the article, a lot of the points make sense. You see, the article doesn't complain (much) about the PS3 itself. It mostly complains about the way sony has handled the PS3. Is it too expensive? Lots of people are buying a wii or 360 because it's cheaper, so yeah. Is it harder to develop for than the wii/360? Yes. Is it losing exclusives? Yes. Has it been marketed HORRIBLY? Definitely (There has been a lot of bad news from sony, and no not just from GS)

The reason there isn't such an article about the wii/360 is pretty simple isn't it? The wii and 360 have sold more than the PS3. They're cheaper, easier to develop for, have more exclusives, have more games out period, and haven't tried their best to release bad news (which is what sony seems to be doing)

I'm not saying the PS3 is bad or that you shouldn't get one - I'm actually getting one myself (once it comes out here in Europe that is)! I'm just saying that, if sony wants to sell more, they'll have to change some things. Maybe they don't want to sell more - maybe they have a plan to sell as much as they can at the current price, then drop the price later. Maybe they're planning to cut the price tomorrow. I don't know. All I know is they could sell more if they changed some things, that's all.

My thoughts, don't flame! Also, fanboy replies are ignored (because as you heard I am buying a PS3, I'm not a hater!)
DustAmulet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DustAmulet
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts
*sigh* When will the cows learn that at this point in time, the Playstation 3 is a terrible console compared to the Xbox 360. Do you cows ever stop to think that maybe all these negative reviews are BECAUSE THE CONSOLE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH?
ChitoKiryoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ChitoKiryoku
*sigh* When will the cows learn that at this point in time, the Playstation 3 is a terrible console compared to the Xbox 360. Do you cows ever stop to think that maybe all these negative reviews are BECAUSE THE CONSOLE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH?DustAmulet
hey hey, there's nothing wrong with the PS3... you're not even giving any arguments for your opinion, isn't there a name for that kind of post? Like I said in my last post, it's not the PS3, it's sony themselves. Also, sorry for my lack of knowledge but when do you call someone a cow :P
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#93 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

*sigh* When will the cows learn that at this point in time, the Playstation 3 is a terrible console compared to the Xbox 360. Do you cows ever stop to think that maybe all these negative reviews are BECAUSE THE CONSOLE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH?DustAmulet

"Sigh"....When will the ignorant PS3 bashing cease? After all, the system has only been out 4 months, and at least it does not break everytime you look at it the wrong way. By the way, I own a 360 AND a PS3 and both are great consoles for what they each respectively offer. The PS3 is only going to get better and better, and to deny it's potential with such a closed minded view point only shows blind ignorance.

DustAmulet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DustAmulet
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts

[QUOTE="DustAmulet"]*sigh* When will the cows learn that at this point in time, the Playstation 3 is a terrible console compared to the Xbox 360. Do you cows ever stop to think that maybe all these negative reviews are BECAUSE THE CONSOLE JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH?ironcreed

"Sigh"....When will the ignorant PS3 bashing cease? After all, the system has only been out 4 months, and at least it does not break everytime you look at it the wrong way. By the way, I own a 360 AND a PS3 and both are great consoles for what they each respectively offer. The PS3 is only going to get better and better, and to deny it's potential with such a closed minded view point only shows blind ignorance.

I am talking about RIGHT NOW. Of course the PS3 has the potential to be a good console. Right now it is not.
ChitoKiryoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ChitoKiryoku
[QUOTE="DustAmulet"] I am talking about RIGHT NOW. Of course the PS3 has the potential to be a good console. Right now it is not.

Explain, please, why the PS3 isn't a 'good' console
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]http://www.gamespot.com/features/6167180/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslotsquallff8_fan

Yeah I take it from alot of the reviews they did on the ps3, that they are not really into the ps3. I mean come on with Virtual Fighter getting an 8.1 that was a reasonable score because it didnt have online, but motorstorm 7.9? And it had single player and online features, I mean yes there was no split screen but isnt online a more wanted feature for next gen games? That was a low blow score there, I mean these developers spend soo much hard work on these games and as a owner of motorstorm I am in love with this game and even my cousin comes over to play online because he owns a xbox 360 but is amazed at how motorstorm just sucks u into the game. I give motorstorm a 8.8 rating, and the only reason why I down graded it was because of the split screen feature and no rumble. Everything else on this game is solid. I cant wait until the next one.

you haven't played Motorstorm if you think it deserved more than the score it got. it has a TON of issues.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="ChitoKiryoku"][QUOTE="DustAmulet"] I am talking about RIGHT NOW. Of course the PS3 has the potential to be a good console. Right now it is not.

Explain, please, why the PS3 isn't a 'good' console

good != worth buying.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Don't blame Gamespot, blame Sony for the overhyped hardware and the poor developers who can't seem to make a decent game for it!

PS3 is a horrible console to own right now, it offers NOTHING that the other consoles don't offer, and the games for it at this point in time are poor.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#99 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Everybody knows they were bought by Micro-soft in 2004 i think Gamespot should change it's name to Gamesoft or Microspot
GoldenSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 GoldenSamurai
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts
Starts off well enough... "The PlayStation 3 may not be flying off store shelves right now, but you'd be foolish to dismiss Sony this early in the console generation. The PS3 has all the processor, graphics, and communications power necessary to win this generation."

This statement is quite true, however I am squarely in the "wait until later" crew with respect to picking up the console. Possibly this Christmas if there are enough good exclusives by then. Lower price would be nice but I understand they need to recover some costs first...