Gamespot is doing a livestream for the game of the decade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

Baldur's gate Enhanced Edition :P

go there, now

#2 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
looks boring as hell.
#3 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
looks boring as hell.BrunoBRS
heathen!
#4 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

but it's not.

#5 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]looks boring as hell.CaseyWegner

but it's not.

it doesn't do a good job at proving otherwise.
#6 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]looks boring as hell.BrunoBRS

but it's not.

how so?

#7 Posted by musicalmac (22902 posts) -
I'll get it next week when the iPad release drops. MMmm...
#8 Posted by jwsoul (5297 posts) -

I have all the Baldurs Gates, Icewind Dales, Temple of Elemental Evil and this is kinda cool but the remake just lacks polish! I was expecting improved visuals but it looks about the same as the original. Great for an I Pad etc not so sure i can warrant purchasing a game i already own with minimal improvements if any!

#9 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -
Almost as entertaining as watching paint dry. Terrible game to pick.
#10 Posted by naz99 (1225 posts) -

Not enough explosions for you? because we all know there is nothing more to gaming than balls to the wall explosions and excitement

#11 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

but it's not.

rilpas

how so?

too much micromanagement and needless overcomplication for my tastes, from what i've seen. signs of age, or of being based on the DnD ruleset (which i still think translates really poorly into videogames). and this is a silly thing, but huge walls of text for dialogue are a big turn off for me. i don't mind characters talking for hours on end (otherwise i would have issues with some of my favorite games), but segment the text, rather than just pasting the whole script on the screen at once. small fonted, long walls of text are really tiresome to read through in a game.
#12 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]looks boring as hell.naz99

Not enough explosions for you? because we all know there is nothing more to gaming than balls to the wall explosions and excitement

yes, how did you know? that's exactly what this game is missing. balls to the wall explosions. they should take some advice from treyarch. or the guys that made the new syndicate. much better than that old boring thing that used to pass for a game. who wants to think when playing games?
#13 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

I have all the Baldurs Gates, Icewind Dales, Temple of Elemental Evil and this is kinda cool but the remake just lacks polish! I was expecting improved visuals but it looks about the same as the original. Great for an I Pad etc not so sure i can warrant purchasing a game i already own with minimal improvements if any!

jwsoul
lol that reminds me, i bought temple of elemental evil back when i was a kid expecting something like diablo. i didn't even know enough english to survive, and trying to play that game like diablo, well... you can imagine how that went :P still have the game. actually thought about installing it. then this stream reminded me why i didn't.
#14 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]looks boring as hell.CaseyWegner

but it's not.

Direct him to the chart! "Opinions? Beep boop, beep boop. Does note compute. Boop."
#15 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]looks boring as hell.naz99

Nice strawman argument there. Seriously, you're an idiot.
#16 Posted by naz99 (1225 posts) -

Calling a game boring after an hour long video of the start of a game that can take over 100 hours to play and has more to it that just fighting is idiotic.

And i suppose you would know an idiot when you saw one as your mother obviously raised one

#17 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Calling a game boring after an hour long video of a game that can take over 100 hours to play and has more to it that just fighting is idiotic.

naz99
100 hours of that? do we even get to see ANY explosions on that game? maybe some sex? a gun maybe?
#18 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] it doesn't do a good job at proving otherwise.BrunoBRS

how so?

too much micromanagement and needless overcomplication for my tastes, from what i've seen. signs of age, or of being based on the DnD ruleset (which i still think translates really poorly into videogames). and this is a silly thing, but huge walls of text for dialogue are a big turn off for me. i don't mind characters talking for hours on end (otherwise i would have issues with some of my favorite games), but segment the text, rather than just pasting the whole script on the screen at once. small fonted, long walls of text are really tiresome to read through in a game.

the walls of text bit can also be applied to the game in your avatar, specially during the first two hours.... just sayin'

#19 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -

Calling a game boring after an hour long video of the start of a game that can take over 100 hours to play and has more to it that just fighting is idiotic.

And i suppose you would know an idiot when you saw one as your mother obviously raised one

naz99
I am a mere ADD simpleton who is easily appeased by unsubstantial explosions and short-term satisfaction in my video games. Therefore, I am a worse person than you. The funny thing is, the latter statement does not at all seem like a jump in logic to you. You are a superior person because of your tastes in video games? Time to get out of the basement and do something with your life.
#20 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

but it's not.

playing a game and watching somebody else play a game are two different things. but to be honest, the game does get off to a slow start.

#21 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]looks boring as hell.Drasonak

but it's not.

Direct him to the chart! "Opinions? Beep boop, beep boop. Does note compute. Boop."

why would i do that? :?

#22 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -

but it's not.

CaseyWegner

playing a game and watching somebody else play a game are two different things.

So why don't you try Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, Anubis II, M&Ms Kart Racing, Gods & Generals, etc.? How do you KNOW they're awful? Why would you ever play one video game over another if you can't judge it based on what you've seen?
#23 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -

[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

but it's not.

CaseyWegner

Baldur's Gate has a score of 9.2/10, earning the title of a "superb" and "AAA game." Since the chart says it is a good game, I have no reason to listen to what I may personally feel or even bother to come to my own conclusions. The chart says all. You think Metal Gear Solid is better, you say? Too bad, the chart disagrees, and therefore you are wrong about everything and will be subject to my condescending smiley emoticons.
#24 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -

but it's not.

CaseyWegner

That's true. I already own the series and having played through all of them yet. Don't have the time right now.
#25 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] it doesn't do a good job at proving otherwise.Drasonak

So why don't you try Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, Anubis II, M&Ms Kart Racing, Gods & Generals, etc.? How do you KNOW they're awful? Why would you ever play one video game over another if you can't judge it based on what you've seen?

i wasn't addressing awful. i was addressing boring. :|

are you just trolling or what?

#26 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"] Direct him to the chart! "Opinions? Beep boop, beep boop. Does note compute. Boop."Drasonak

Baldur's Gate has a score of 9.2/10, earning the title of a "superb" and "AAA game." Since the chart says it is a good game, I have no reason to listen to what I may personally feel or even bother to come to my own conclusions. The chart says all. You think Metal Gear Solid is better, you say? Too bad, the chart disagrees, and therefore you are wrong about everything and will be subject to my condescending smiley emoticons.

why would you trust a chart over your own opinion?

#28 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

but it's not.

Not every game can be 4 hours long, consisting 80% of quicktime-events, button prompts, and cutscenes.

#29 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
Enhanced, except the sh*tty graphics.
#30 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

but it's not.

Jankarcop

Not every game can be 4 hours long, consisting 80% of quicktime-events, button prompts, and cutscenes.

Lol, dafuq?
#31 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
*YAWN*
#32 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Jankarcop

i direct you to my reply to another post in this thread:
[QUOTE="naz99"]

BrunoBRS

yes, how did you know? that's exactly what this game is missing. balls to the wall explosions. they should take some advice from treyarch. or the guys that made the new syndicate. much better than that old boring thing that used to pass for a game. who wants to think when playing games?

oh and BTW. yeah, we all know cutscenes suck ass. they're perfectly valid if they're presented as a wall of text though, just don't turn that wall of text into something entertaining, god forbid.

#33 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"] i direct you to my reply to another post in this thread: [QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="naz99"]

BrunoBRS

oh and BTW. yeah, we all know cutscenes suck ass. they're perfectly valid if they're presented as a wall of text though, just don't turn that wall of text into something entertaining, god forbid.

let me guess you're a lemmbryo

#34 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

but it's not.

Jankarcop

You sound mad someone doesn't like the game

#35 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] it doesn't do a good job at proving otherwise.OB-47

Thats like 99% of posts at this subsection, maybe its time for consolite-kiddy47 to go post at the general section

#36 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"] Not every game can be 4 hours long, consisting 80% of quicktime-events, button prompts, and cutscenes.

Jankarcop

Thats like 99% of posts at this subsection, maybe its time for consolite-kiddy47 to go post at the general section

More rage courtesy of Jankorp

#37 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"] Not every game can be 4 hours long, consisting 80% of quicktime-events, button prompts, and cutscenes.

Jankarcop

yes. let's leave system wars to real men. men like jankarcop, who can show poor consolites their place. that will show them not to disrespect baldur's gate again. keep them away from the greatness, they don't deserve it.
#38 Posted by Maroxad (8084 posts) -

Looks pointless. Might as well just play BG1 with the Tutu mod.

That said, watching this makes me wish someone remade the BG games with the ToEE engine/mechanics.

#39 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

meh if people like this then whatever floats your boat.

inb4 im a consolite etc, i love playing CiV II still (arguably the best of the bunch nad im too poor to buy Civ V and lack a decent computer the now).