Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@melonfarmerz said:

I literally edited it 2 seconds after I posted it. Bad luck. Thanks.

But to reiterate. At least attempt to consider what a "build" in Starcraft entails in a 25 minute match.

Lol 25 min matches? those are some horrible drawn out matches like bronze vs bronze.

Looking at Husky's channel, only looking at his latest few competitive commentaries, we have game times of 10, 15, 20, 20, 10, 20, 25, 30, 25, 25, 25, 25, 40, 35, 30

Considering you've apparently played enough SC2 to say that the game lacks a requirement in skill, I find it very odd that you consider a 25 minute match a long one.

However, I see you've decided to ignore my advice to consider what a "build" entails and instead, focus on inaccurately pointing out what you thought was a flaw in my argument.

Never in my life has the phrase "Drink to Kool Aid" been so appropriate.

The stupidity flows through you lol, also are you referring to his bronze league commentaries? cause if you are then lol even more.

Seriously if you think it's hard to figure out what counters what then you're a tool. If someone throws a roach build (which is a 7 min build) at you and you keep on making marines you're gonna lose. Figuring what counters what is not hard, it's so fraking simple. There's also a few cheese strats that work depending if someone can catch it or not.

Like I said earlier actually timing the build perfectly and not messing up on your build order is the hard part cause if you're 5 sec or more late pumping out a zeal or marauder then you're screwed if your opponent is almost flawless with his build. Then if you have a opponent that actually scouts while you don't, your opponent already has an edge over you.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Unfortunately doesn't outperform in goty exclusives.

Is it just me, or are herms getting more and more desperate?

Is it me or do consolites keep repeating the same argument ?

They have no argument, so they just flail around ineffectively.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@razu2444 said:

Hermits Reek of desperation.

Have you seen the multitude of X1 Vs. PS4 threads?

It's a GS article posted today. It's SW relevant. I feel like you should move on.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Ballroompirate

@lundy86_4: Well the PS4 vs X1 is pretty much the only console vs console worth mentioning atm tell E3, in fact I don't even know why people are trying to claim ownage over the other tell E3 starts. That's when all the juicy stuff starts.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#205  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

when was the last time pc won a goty ?

pcgamers only play LoL and uhhmm fifa ? madden ?

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

200 dollars more expensive than the PS4, yet it doesn't include mouse, speakers monitor, etc.

Stupid hermits

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

When was the last time someone cared?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By lundy86_4

@Ballroompirate said:

@lundy86_4: Well the PS4 vs X1 is pretty much the only console vs console worth mentioning atm tell E3, in fact I don't even know why people are trying to claim ownage over the other tell E3 starts. That's when all the juicy stuff starts.

Exactly. Now they're just competing with a pretty lame launch lineup. E3 will cause a meltdown between 5 or 6 posters, because that's the current Cow/Lemming population.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 lglz1337

@GabranthXIII: console gamers love superb games pcgamers love comparing benchmarks

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 lundy86_4

@Indicud said:

200 dollars more expensive than the PS4, yet it doesn't include mouse, speakers monitor, etc.

Stupid hermits

The mouse is included, and the speaker/monitor combo has never been included, as you can use a PC on a TV.

Also, this is a GS article. Damn, you dumb.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@melonfarmerz said:

I literally edited it 2 seconds after I posted it. Bad luck. Thanks.

But to reiterate. At least attempt to consider what a "build" in Starcraft entails in a 25 minute match.

Lol 25 min matches? those are some horrible drawn out matches like bronze vs bronze.

Looking at Husky's channel, only looking at his latest few competitive commentaries, we have game times of 10, 15, 20, 20, 10, 20, 25, 30, 25, 25, 25, 25, 40, 35, 30

Considering you've apparently played enough SC2 to say that the game lacks a requirement in skill, I find it very odd that you consider a 25 minute match a long one.

However, I see you've decided to ignore my advice to consider what a "build" entails and instead, focus on inaccurately pointing out what you thought was a flaw in my argument.

Never in my life has the phrase "Drink to Kool Aid" been so appropriate.

The stupidity flows through you lol, also are you referring to his bronze league commentaries? cause if you are then lol even more.

Seriously if you think it's hard to figure out what counters what then you're a tool. If someone throws a roach build (which is a 7 min build) at you and you keep on making marines you're gonna lose. Figuring what counters what is not hard, it's so fraking simple. There's also a few cheese strats that work depending if someone can catch it or not.

Like I said earlier actually timing the build perfectly and not messing up on your build order is the hard part cause if you're 5 sec or more late pumping out a zeal or marauder then you're screwed if your opponent is almost flawless with his build. Then if you have a opponent that actually scouts while you don't, your opponent already has an edge over you.

Can you post two things in a row without using the word "stupid"? Are you 10?

No. Do you not understand what "competitive" means. Only his pro commentaries.

You're actually so stubborn. I hope you realize your opinion one of the very small but vocal minority.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@04dcarraher Yet TR on a 7850 hits low 20s on a 7850 it will not beat a PS4 just like a Gforce 6800 couldn't beat a 360 after the first year. Another generation and you have the same lame argument all over again. Last gen it was ram this gen it's the cpu regardless a similar spec pc will get trounced by consoles as time goes on. Just like last gen

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Holy shit. You lot of baited hardcore.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Ballroompirate

@melonfarmerz: Says the guy who uses "Drink to Kool Aid", let the ignorance flow through, but that doesn't surprise me since you're a SC fanboy.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@Telekill said:

I'll stick with my PS4. It has the games I want to play; both exclusive and not exclusive.

lol and the PC has no games you want to play? stfu fan boy.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop: tomb raider is better on PS4 as well as nba 2k14 and Madden.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off

Its better on PC. I'm glad you understand most multiplats are better on PC.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

pcgamers only play LoL and uhhmm fifa ? madden ?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By lglz1337

@Jankarcop: i said won a goty

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@04dcarraher Yet TR on a 7850 hits low 20s on a 7850 it will not beat a PS4 just like a Gforce 6800 couldn't beat a 360 after the first year. Another generation and you have the same lame argument all over again. Last gen it was ram this gen it's the cpu regardless a similar spec pc will get trounced by consoles as time goes on. Just like last gen

so full of crap.... lets ignore the fact that TB on pc is using full blown TressFX version 1.0 while PS4 is running a more optimized and slimmed down version that is missing aspects from 1.0. And not ignore that Pc version is also running tessellation that PS4 version lacks..... Also lets not ignore the fact that PS4 version fps also drops too.

also your an idiot, the 360 was the first product to use unified gpu architecture, while 6800 was 2004 based gpu still using the older based tech for vertex and pixel rendering. The X1 and PS4 are not using the fastest gpu's nor is using the latest and greatest they are using current low to mid ranged PC gpu's. Their not special nor have some secret sauce this time around

go away you poor excuse for a troll.

NVIDIAking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 NVIDIAking
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

We all know WoW is the hardest PC game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By lundy86_4

@lglz1337 said:

@Jankarcop: i said won a goty

On GS? Isn't that limiting the scope?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I agree with the person who mentioned that an open boxed item should not be able to be used for this project.. IMO it should be readily available off the shelf in every location

Also I think input devices should be the same as the console (they were trying to compare to console) so a game pad should have been required.

Lastly having a $550 price range is above both the XB1 and the PS4 and $100 of the price of the XB1 is from the Kinect. The price point should have been $400

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Can we at least go a day without the hermies owning themselves?

You spent more than consoles and got hardware that will break in a few months if you are lucky, and comparing performance to rushed launch games. I thought all hermies were Bruce Wayne and could afford the terminator CPU and run all games with everything maxed. hahahahah.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 lundy86_4

@mr-powers said:

Can we at least go a day without the hermies owning themselves?

You spent more than consoles and got hardware that will break in a few months if you are lucky, and comparing performance to rushed launch games. I thought all hermies were Bruce Wayne and could afford the terminator CPU and run all games with everything maxed. hahahahah.

Break in a few months? What are you basing this on?

It also doesn't help that many PC parts offer more than a single-year warranty.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By AM-Gamer

@04dcarraher: god your a fool. Yes the PC version is running full blown tress FX that happens to look far worse then the console version. Last gen you called all the same BS. "Buh buh teh cell , buh buh ten lack of memory. Yet it still stomped any pc with a 6 or 7 series after 2 years. Buh buh teh drivers. Lmao

i don't deny there are current GPUs that will always outperform a PS4 but a 7850 isn't one of them nor will any of the pcs in that article.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

For $550, that's not too bad although I rather pony up $50 more and have a GTX 760.

Even at $600, that PC can game plus do all the other non-gaming stuff.

If I have only a PS4 or XB1, I'd still have to buy a non-gaming PC (laptop or desktop) and add that to the console's price.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

And poor articles like this aren't gonna help gamespot rebuild their credibility.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 AM-Gamer

@gamecubepad: God you crack me up. So a card meant to work well with Mantle is going to work great on Nvidia cards as well? Hermits live in this imaginary land where they take a open platform and act as if it's one unified box. You would think AMD and Nvidia are the same company the way you trolls talk about pc gaming.

If it works great on AMD it's probably not gonna be great on Nvidia and vice versa. It's funny how you think consoles need this magical optimization whem in reality they don't they just needs ports that are not rushed trash. How do you have a game like Infamous SS which looks about 6 years ahead of thief also perform better? That's usually what happens when you spend 70% of the development time on incomplete dev kits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Unfortunately doesn't outperform in goty exclusives.

Is it just me, or are herms getting more and more desperate?

Is it me or do consolites keep repeating the same argument ?

ofcourse they do, it is the only straw the yhave left to cling on ;)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Indicud said:

Stupid hermits

Did your PS4 come with your TV and surround system?

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@Indicud said:

Stupid hermits

Yes.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#235  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

I have never understood why you pc people are praising pc games so much, yeah sure you have better graphics but your games consists of mostly indie games and bad ported console games. Look at dayz for instance and then you take a look at The last of us on the ps3, the last of us on the ps3 is 10 times better.

Take a look at the 10 most anticipated games that will come out on the next gen consoles >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uiwIaJ3Qg8

Pc games can not match these console games, if you think otherwise please link top 10 most anticipated games for pc in this thread.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Indicud said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Indicud said:

Stupid hermits

Yes.

So you bought it with your TV and surround sound system then....

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By 04dcarraher

@AM-Gamer said:

@04dcarraher: god your a fool. Yes the PC version is running full blown tress FX that happens to look far worse then the console version. Last gen you called all the same BS. "Buh buh teh cell , buh buh ten lack of memory. Yet it still stomped any pc with a 6 or 7 series after 2 years. Buh buh teh drivers. Lmao

i don't deny there are current GPUs that will always outperform a PS4 but a 7850 isn't one of them nor will any of the pcs in that article.

im the fool? lol HAHAHHAHHA ! what a joke and your posts are a joke go cry some more that the PS4 is junk before it even came out.

the PS4 version does not look better O wait its your fanboy goggles that's right....

again your hanging onto the past that old based tech was beaten by newer tech how neat! geforce 6 & 7 used old methods and design. but but im too blind to see that fact.....

never said 7850 would outright outperform PS4 but it would be on par but PS4 wont out pace a 7870 sorry.

O by the way

"A direct comparison with the PC version set to the ultimate quality preset reveals some large discrepancies between the Definitive Editions compared with the full-fat PC experience. Aspects such as tessellation are missing on the characters and environments, with some of these elements appearing more blocky on the PS4 and Xbox One as a result. Meanwhile, motion blur is used much more sparingly, while texture resolution is noticeably lower in some cases. On the flip side, all the Definitive Edition graphical extras - such as the dynamic foliage and the impressive sub-surface scattering - are absent from the PC, which represents another (albeit smaller) compromise."

fact is the PS4 overall looks worse then Pc version , just because someone got an face lift does not change the fact PS4 had to do compromises to make it run.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ojmstr: lol no

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#239 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Here's direct quotes from the Article:

---

However, what about a gaming PC that isn't top of the line, say, one that was built for $550?

We aimed to stay within a budget of $550--roughly the most you can pay for an Xbox One in North America...

A budget of $550 is unusually small for a gaming PC...

With my $550 PC, I was able to handily outperform the Xbox One in every case, and the PlayStation 4 in most cases, which says a lot about the value of the PlayStation 4 given its lower $400 price point...

You can build a gaming PC for around the cost of an Xbox One [+50]...

Current cross-platform games on consoles perform best on a PlayStation 4, which currently sells for $100 less than an Xbox One. If you were to try to build a gaming PC for $400 to $450, our experience has taught us that you would end up with a machine that can't compete with either next-gen console.

----

$550 is the number they worked with, not $500. In any event, $550 is a jump from a $400 PS4.

My favorite line from the piece is,

"No piracy or preexisting parts allowed!"

Then you'll notice that neither build has a DVD drive to install the OS onto the computers...

Hmm...

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i install from usb

optical drives lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By lostrib

@CrownKingArthur: don't you need an already existing PC for that?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop: tomb raider is better on PS4 as well as nba 2k14 and Madden.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off

Its better on PC. I'm glad you understand most multiplats are better on PC.

PS4 advantages

1. more foilage

2. Dynamic foliage

3.Better lighting

4. better particle effects

5. better specular maps

PC advantages

1. Tesselation

2. Higer res textures(in select areas)

3. higer then 60 fps

PC advantages for pc's that are the subject of this thread

NONE!!!

Glad i could educate you, good day!

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

am gamer you forgot subsurface scattering, which the pc version also lacks.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

The beauty of all of this is that I can just buy a *few* new parts in order to upgrade my PC. So jumping between gens is actually cheaper once you've made the initial investment.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 lostrib

@AM-Gamer: fail

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 AM-Gamer

@04dcarraher said:

@AM-Gamer said:

im the fool? lol HAHAHHAHHA ! what a joke and your posts are a joke go cry some more that the PS4 is junk before it even came out.

the PS4 version does not look better O wait its your fanboy goggles that's right....

again your hanging onto the past that old based tech was beaten by newer tech how neat! geforce 6 & 7 used old methods and design. but but im too blind to see that fact.....

never said 7850 would outright outperform PS4 but it would be on par but PS4 wont out pace a 7870 sorry.

O by the way

"A direct comparison with the PC version set to the ultimate quality preset reveals some large discrepancies between the Definitive Editions compared with the full-fat PC experience. Aspects such as tessellation are missing on the characters and environments, with some of these elements appearing more blocky on the PS4 and Xbox One as a result. Meanwhile, motion blur is used much more sparingly, while texture resolution is noticeably lower in some cases. On the flip side, all the Definitive Edition graphical extras - such as the dynamic foliage and the impressive sub-surface scattering - are absent from the PC, which represents another (albeit smaller) compromise."

fact is the PS4 overall looks worse then Pc version , just because someone got an face lift does not change the fact PS4 had to do compromises to make it run.

Joke of a post everything I said is true and you are doing the same butthurt routine you did 5 years ago. Yes the PS4 version does look better in many more ways then the pc looks better then the console version. Dynamic foilage, far more foilage beats not having tesselation on a few objects. If they went for 30fps they could of maxed everything instead it hits a avg fps of 55fps. If you didnt say a 7850 would outperfom it then why the **** are you here? This is about $550 dollar pcs beating the PS4 nobody is saying the PS4 is gonna beat every pc.

Whats Ironic though is for $200 more a PS4 offers a far larger leap over a PS3 then any pc will offer over a PS4. Which is why the diffrences in pc gaming are just about worthless.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By 04dcarraher

@AM-Gamer said:

@04dcarraher said:

@AM-Gamer said:

O by the way

Joke of a post everything I said is true and you are doing the same butthurt routine you did 5 years ago. Yes the PS4 version does look better in many more ways then the pc looks better then the console version. Dynamic foilage, far more foilage beats not having tesselation on a few objects. If they went for 30fps they could of maxed everything instead it hits a avg fps of 55fps. If you didnt say a 7850 would outperfom it then why the **** are you here? This is about $550 dollar pcs beating the PS4 nobody is saying the PS4 is gonna beat every pc.

Whats Ironic though is for $200 more a PS4 offers a far larger leap over a PS3 then any pc will offer over a PS4. Which is why the diffrences in pc gaming are just about worthless.

Your posts are true? HA! that's the joke

its funny you think im was butt hurt 5 years ago when I was running a pc with 8800GT's in SLI...... and had a 360 and PS3..... O really? if the PS4 version looked better then Pc version then reviewers would have said so not some sony fanboy thinks so just to try to prove a single point but ignores the worse textures little to no SSAO, no tessellation. etc and the framerate on PS4 is inconsistent only averaging 40-45 fps, dipping from 50's to 30's to 40's cause so many fun issues!. it does not have an average of 55 fps lol...

7850 can be overclocked that's one key point, unless your running plain jane 7850 no it cant outperform the PS4's gpu by itself. However the lack of cpu power for the PS4 cpu can hurt the PS4's gpu's abilities. meaning if a PC has a stronger cpu and a 7850 can perform better overall. just like in BF4 64 player MP

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@Sophette: they alway neglect to say these cheap ass rigs will blow through their $20 power supplies every week. I like how TC also deletes the OS. That's kind if a necessary component to a PC...

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur: don't you need an already existing PC for that?

i got a laptop for that. or my work pc. or a friends/family members.

i always have at least one existing working pc.

CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#250  Edited By CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

id rather have a ps3