Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@GabranthXIII said:

@Heirren said:

This has got to be the most ridiculous gamespot article i've ever read.

Does it make you angry... Peasantstation 4 being outperformed by a low end PC?

No, of course not. It is the criteria at which the article was put together. First problem is launch games. The pc builds would not last but a year or so. Second is that multiplatform games are specifically used as a criteria, many of which require a controller. Third is soundcard, though I could be missing that...

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#552  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@MK-Professor said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

"The sheer power of the PS4" You act like the PS4 is so much more powerful than the XBONE is. The difference is so minute, I can clump consoles in the same category. What's the rule of thumb for emulation again? Something like you need double the power of a console to emulate it. That is really not a problem at all. A 1300 dollar rig could pull that off.

Regardless, if you search up progress on the original Xbox emulation, it is literally because no specific group has taken the effort to emulate it. There is simply a lack of interest surrounding it and the massive amount work that it would take to create a solid, efficient emulator is simply not worth it. Look at the Wii. It's slightly more powerful than the Original Xbox but it has one of the most solid emulators available. Fast forward to the PS4, however, there is a lot of interest there. You have some great games coming soon like GranTurismo and Uncharted.

The 'sheer power' of the PS4 is still a lot to emulate. They had some difficulties in emulating the first Xbox because it was not just a case of 'same arc, easy emulation'. You also need about 10 times the power to emulate a console and that's if it's compiled at it's most efficient form. Dolphin could not run on a PC 10 times the power of the GameCube very well. Double the power? Lol, lets see a 600mhz PC with say a Geforce 4 run a PS2 emulator, or better yet, an Xbox original run a PS2 emulator seen as that's just about double the power.

Two 290xOC give around 13 Tflops meaning that they have 10 times the power compared to the poor Xbox One.

It has to be 10 times the raw power all round, not just GPU grunt. No PC is powerful enough to emulate PS3 or 360 never mind PS4. Even PS2 is faulty.

Integrated Iris Pro 4000 graphics aren't 10 times the Wii yet I can run Dolphin for the Wii on my integrated graphics laptop. I'm not super familiar with emulation but I call BS on you 10 times the power thing.

If it were 10x the power, I would honestly need a fucking 780ti to emulate the Wii. That's just ridiculous man. Stop

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#554  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@04dcarraher said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@04dcarraher said:

@scottpsfan14:

Do you realize that windows uses less resources then what these new console OS's use? Both consoles have to allocate two cores and 3gb+ for the OS and features so yeah windows is the not the issue...

Fact is that a system with a intel i5 quad core or AMD 6 core will outclass the PS4 and if these pc's have GPU's equal to 7870 or GTX 660+ will be able to match and outperform the PS4 through out its life. You think the PS4 gpu is that more different from AMD's R7 series or 7800 series? their all GCN based the only thing that the PS4 gpu has over 7000 series is more ACE's which makes parallel workloads more efficient aka takes less of a hit in performance. But the PS4 gpu only has 1.8 TFLOP vs 7870's 2.5 TFLOP. Also Even with the PS4 gpu developers could not get tomb raider to run equal to PC and had to lower texture quality take out tessellation and had to use a updated TressFX that also had tone down aspects of that as well.

No matter what they do they cant bypass the physical processing limitation of the hardware. Its funny you think that they will just because their consoles....

You using Crysis 2 as an example is a joke since Crytek did a sloppy job on the tessellation work that was fixed by a modder and eventually Crytek patched what he fixed. Underneath the levels water was being rendered and when tessellation was on it created a unplayable experience.

What I'm saying is PS4 games do not run on top of the OS, so it is running on the hardware, not a piece of software that translates to hardware. I'm not saying that the PS4 is magically the best performing machine in the world because of optimization, but PC gamers (I'm also a PC gamer) always think it's a minute thing and doesn't matter. Fact is once the PS4 is optimized to the maximum, which will happen faster than PS3 did of course, It will far out perform a PC of the same spec. PS4 games (exclusives especially) will be strategically coded for the hardware. It's just fact. That's the point I'm making. I'm a person who owns a PC, an Xbox 360, and a PS4 and am speaking a fact and in no way am I down playing the PC.

What you are saying is that optimization is not possible any more because of it being x86. Bullshit. It will still have the same amount of access to the hardware as any other console.

Your wrong the OS controls all the functions incorporated from the software and drivers that control the hardware as well. so yes the games run on top of the OS like any other computer because of all the features and multitasking these consoles can do while gaming

Again i dd not say optimization is not possible because its x86 im saying the coding gains will only be slight not massive nor will it allow the PS4 to outperform a similar based pc...( ie fx 6300 8gb 2gb 7870 etc) using the same assets and settings. Optimization includes downgrading aspects fit the hardware's abilities too. Which we have seen with multiple games and multiple aspects showing that PS4 or X1 are not that much different, and the hardware lacks in certain areas.

You have no idea how slow the cpu's are in the PS4 or X1, the fact that two cores are reserved and allocated before the developers can use the cpu cuts the console's abilities quite a bit. AMD's Jaguar architecture is around 15% faster clock per clock then AMD's bobcat series which those are around 20% slower then the old Athlon X2's and 50% slower clock per clock with AMD's Athlon 2's. Which means on the software side of any overhead from windows and API's any modern cpu will surpass what these console can do. A prime example of this is with Crysis 2 seeing an Intel C2D with a x1950pro performing similar to the 360 with nearly equal gpu's.

Which is why in BF4 MP the framerates average in the 40's and can go all over the place when alot of action and events are happening. The 6 cores clocked around 1.7ghz are not enough to handle these workloads. Which is why PS4 has a stronger gpu then X1 because with more ACE's its able to handle more compute workloads better allowing some cpu jobs take place on the gpu.

But putting more cpu based jobs onto the gpu also limits the maximum processing output the gpu can do for rendering. And when they include something like real time physics or gpu based physics it takes away from what the gpu could do if it did not have to do it.

PS4 OS is running on top of it's bios, where as games are running under the OS. The software drivers are all in low level among the bios in consoles like it has always been. The OS is a front end to use the functions of the PS4. Commodore 64 had 64kb of ram with only 35kb available to the developer. What did the developer do? Code low level and ran the game underneath the C64 OS (C64 Basic) and gained access to the full 64kb of ram the machine had. The fact is, consoles can be fully accessed. PC games are coded to a common API, PS4 games are coded to the metal. Xbox Original was x86 and it certainly performed better than a 700MHz PC with a Geforce 3. The CPU is weak for sure, but then so was the SNES CPU, it was the graphics components it had that made it look good, and regardless of them being less powerful graphics chips than the VGA cards in PC's at the time, and having a much slower CPU than a 386, it's games looked much better because devs utilized the hardware. So what your saying is that optimization will be about the same as PC optimization now? Even though PC's are ever changing hardware and are impossible to fully utilize because of this? PS4 will see great speed increase over similar powered PC's, same with XB1.

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4s-high-gpu-performance-allows-optimization-experimentation-api-allows-strict-process-control

PC devs can not strictly utilize sections of the hardware because the hardware is never the same twice. PS4, and all consoles have always had this advantage.

lol wrong, Developers could not have full access to the memory if the OS was running that is the key point with C64, running something like GEOS would not allow it anyways.

Software the "games" development isn't coded to the metal these days. There's no time or budget for anything like that with the time frames allotted for these games , they go through the OS, software and drivers. why do you think the X1 uses direct x or why does the PS4 use its custom API based on direct x and an opengl wrapper to code with If they were coded to Metal and bypassed the OS they wouldn't need to use these commonly based API's..... Nor would they need to allocate so much memory for use with the 360, PS3 or X1 or PS4.

why are you using the Xbox as an example? The OS was very simple and that the Xbox didnt not outright out perform a computer with a similar gpu ie geforce 3 ti 500. The xbox version of butcher bay for example ran textures that were half the resolution of what the pc version was running let alone running the game at or below resolutions pc users were using then also

Yes pc dev's can utilize sections of the hardware not as finely as a developer working on a specific console. But it seems you cant get over the fact that Direct x 11/12 and Mantle allows developers more control we are not in old Windows XP and direct x 9 API era anymore. and do not have work behind massive overheads from the cpu side of coding anymore.

Which is why PS4 will not outright beat a comparable PC. the PS4 alone is two years to late with matching Pc hardware performance and its cpu is more or less 6 years too late to do much. All the optimizations done on the PS4 is basically a balancing act what to improve on and what to take away to reach a set standard they are aiming for.

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555  Edited By whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

A $500 computer outperforms a $400 computer???? QUICK ALERT THE MEDIA!!!!!!

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@7mdma said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@7mdma said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Even if i buy a PC like that i cant play GTA V and other console exclusives

There's a world of difference between what you experienced in GTA V on the PS3 and PC Gamers will experience when they play the game when it releases later this year. Not to mention next gen ICEnHancer ENB is probably going to put GTA V visuals beyond anything the PS4/X1 will offer this gen, same as it did with GTA 4 last gen.

Wow the delusion.

Do you deny that modded GTA 4 looked better than any last gen console game? I'm just playing devils advocate here but it's not as much of a reach as you think.

are you one of the people who says modded gta 4 looks better than any ps4/xbone game?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558  Edited By m3dude1

@04dcarraher said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@gamecubepad: It will run games that look significantly better then BF4. A launch window title has never pushed a console, I don't see why you think somehow this generation is different.

Because optimization was a thing last gen. Console architecture was weird as **** and efficiency improved later on through the gen as devs figured out how to code in the most efficient manner possible. This gen, the architecture is so similar to PC, devs are most likely already coding close to their max potential. You will get an improvement throughout the years but very minor. This guys explains it very well.

While he makes himself sound very convincing in his explanation, he can't be more wrong. Devs will never be able to max out a PC GPU, but the PS4 GPU will be hit at low level with total control. The architecture being x86 won't change that, in fact, it will make it easier to hit the hardware because they know the architecture inside out. Xbox 360 was Power PC arc, a direct evolution of the PPC Macs and Amiga's in the 90's. The Wii, Dreamcast, and GameCube were also Power PC so there was not much confusion with Xbox 360 hardware with it's standard DDR3 and GPU. But look at Halo 4 compared to Halo 3. Look at what the GameCube did compared to a 500 mhz PC. These all had known architectures. The only 'weird' arc was the PS3's Cell. All through the console generations, optimization counted. 68000 CPU's were standard in late 80's early 90's and look at what the Neo Geo did from Art of Fighting 1 to 3, and Megadrive from Golden Axe to Sonic 3.

Consoles will always allow much more access to the hardware than PC's no matter the arc. x86 only makes it easier to access it.

Your off course here, Devs can max out gpu's on Pc, When a game is at 100% usage its using all its processing power for the tasks at hand. Now granted you may not use every bit of memory. or specifically design a game to fit a certain gpu and use every last once of processing power and designate every little thing. But API's like Mantle is a more direct path in access the hardware bypassing directx libraries so yes devs can in a sense more or less max out gpus. PowerPc is nothing like x86 coding wise. Which is why you will never see PS4 physically running PS3 games or 360 games on the X1, without them going back and recoding the games or just take pc ports that have been already converted and tweak them for use. Emulating a single thread on x86 is one thing but having to emulate multiple threads on a cpu that does not have the brute processing power to do so is another problem.

Comparing Sega's Dreamcast and Nintendo's use of these cpu's is nothing like comparing the 360's cpu. All the others were using one core being single threaded while 360's cpu had three cores during a time frame where nothing was multithreaded. Early games only used one core on the 360 which is why games became more lively able to do more later down the down road. They had to wait and design the software and games to make use of all the cpu cores there. You comparing Halo 3 to 4 is off because Halo 3's engine was based from Halo's 2 engine and they did not make use of all the cores nor did it push and make full use of the 360's gpu when Halo 3 came out. It wasnt until ODST where the engine was updated where the hardware was being used more correctly. But Halo4's was a new engine designed from the ground up for the 360.

Optimization= fitting the software to the hardware's abilities to a set standard. These new consoles are nothing like their previous predecessors, where the software had to be built and learned from the ground up having to figure out the proprietary hardware using these multithreaded coding and then having to learn the new gpu architecture.They this time around know what their doing and know what they have and what to work with. The only aspect developers may have to learn and design around will be the ESRAM on the X1. These new consoles are virtually x86 pc's with minor tweaks using AMD cpu's with AMD GCN based gpu's using API's based from pc's. Fact is we will not see the same evolution in quality or performance as we have seen in the past with these new consoles. They will hit a plateau much quicker and sooner then the 360 or PS3 did.

i dont think the gpu usage % in programs like evga precision-x is entirely accurate. ive tried to look around for an in depth explanation on exactly what it measures with no success. Theres also hardware in pc gpus that cant be used because direct x doesnt supply access to them(msaa compression hardware).

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@7mdma: even if they get the textures to match ps4 titles a mod isn't going to fix those low poly characters and buildings.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560  Edited By 04dcarraher

@scottpsfan14 said:
@04dcarraher said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@04dcarraher said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@04dcarraher said:

@scottpsfan14:

So answer me this.

Do you think PC's can have games at least as efficiently coded with mantle as the PS4 could, and hit the hardware just as effectively?

PS4 games run underneath the OS. Low level hardware functions are in use while a PS4 game is running, you can not run another game if one is already running because it would have to switch resources at low level which would be unfeasible. Only certain apps can be run while a game is running because they are built in to the OS, or run on top. Mantle is great, and it will create an even bigger performance gap between PC's and Consoles, but consoles will always have far better access to it's hardware. And that was my argument all along.

Now about the C64. What I meant to actually say was, if the developer wanted, he could bypass the C64 blue screen (C64 Basic) and get full access to the 64kb and other hardware components like the hardware scrolling chip via machine code. Devs have the freedom to do that on PS4 if they wanted. Literally disable fundamental OS functions while the game is running however I read that Devs need Sony's permission to get access to more ram.

PS4 OS is for other console functions like Web browsing and Videos etc. Games run underneath it which is why they are not multitask-able.

Pc's dont have same level of efficiency as a console because of the wide range of hardware. But that efficiency on consoles can not allow a 1.8 TFLOP gpu perform as if was a 3 TFLOP gpu etc. . Developer's access to the extra memory is the "flexible memory" ie harddrive caching and disabling some feature that eats into the pool ie 512mb physical and 512mb paging.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561 04dcarraher

@m3dude1 said:

@04dcarraher said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@AM-Gamer said:

i dont think the gpu usage % in programs like evga precision-x is entirely accurate. ive tried to look around for an in depth explanation on exactly what it measures with no success. Theres also hardware in pc gpus that cant be used because direct x doesnt supply access to them(msaa compression hardware).

When you have 100% usage it means all the processing cores on the gpu are being used. And it also means that the cpu is supplying the gpu the data the game is calling for.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 m3dude1

assuming thats the case, its just measuring the alus, theres more hardware in a gpu than alus.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

DId people in this thread actually read the page in which they did benchmarks at ultra settings at 1080p with the AMD build? I see a lot of people still saying the ps4 offers the same or better experience... Can anyone explain to me when the ps4 started pulling pc ultra like settings? Because I have all ways been under the impressions it's more on the medium/low for most things and high for some others with almost no aliasing to boot.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564  Edited By m3dude1

@ribstaylor1 said:

DId people in this thread actually read the page in which they did benchmarks at ultra settings at 1080p with the AMD build? I see a lot of people still saying the ps4 offers the same or better experience... Can anyone explain to me when the ps4 started pulling pc ultra like settings? Because I have all ways been under the impressions it's more on the medium/low for most things and high for some others with almost no aliasing to boot.

its on medium/low for 1 thing, terrain decoration. the rest are ultra or high. Read the digital foundry face off.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@m3dude1: it's not 1080p though...

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Suppaman100 said:
@Jankarcop said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Unfortunately doesn't outperform in goty exclusives.

But it does outperform in AAA, AA, online, and multiplats.

Which would people rather have? (The answer is PC, as it has more players)

You've been avoiding my question so many times. How about you answer mine. Do you even have a gaming PC?

And also, are you 14. Judging by your post history, I wouldn't be surprised.

And to answer your question with my opinion, because PC gaming entitles a different type of gaming.

LoL came out in 2009

SC2 came out in 2010

GW2 came out in 2011

CS:GO came out in 2012

Dota 2 came out in 2013

So you see, for the past 5 years, we have 5 games that are the height of eSports. Each of these draw in crowds of hundreds of thousands and the players get paid millions. LoL filled up the entire fucking Staples center last year and each of these have a larger following than most actual sports. I highly doubt you have touched any of these games.

Most PC gamers have thousands of hours invested into each of these games and 5 years down the road, they will still be played competitively. Just like SC:BW and WC3 from years before.

Now we look at the console side. We have games like UC and TLoU. Great games, but games you play in one 20 hour play through and never play again. However, you still go on internet forums telling everyone how great these games are. You know why you never hear about the games I just mentioned on this forum? Because they each have their own forum with MILLIONS of users.

TLoU wins GOTY awards from generic sites like Gamespot and IGN, as expected, but in 5 years, what will happen? Literally nobody will ever talk about TLoU. Counter Strike GO and Starcraft will still be hosting million dollar tournaments and hundreds of thousands of players will still be putting in hours and hours into the games. Console gaming is casual. You have games that feel like movies. On this forum, where the vast majority of you are console gamers, you don't understand how PC gaming works. You think that we play games like that too and assume PC gaming is dying because we have a lack of "movie games", or as you would call them, AAA. Sure, when I'm bored, I might play some BF or AC but for the most part, PC gaming is much more competitive and complicated. To say its dead is just retarded. Esports is responsible for the recent boom in gaming. And which platform is responsible for esports?

Now you know why AAA titles on consoles win more GOTY's. They are casual mediums that go through casual sites to appeal to the casual gamer. If you want to play things with skill and depth, that turn off a lot of casual people on the console, hence skimming by sites like Gamespot, then you go PC.

But that's still no excuse for PC not winning any significant awards or the extremely low release count of good non indie exclusive .

And lol at the esports argument, so because a game is played competitively it's good? No that means it's popular, that's all.

PC gaming has become worse, in quality and quantity.

Sit the **** down liar:

http://systemwarsmagazine.com/gamespot-reviews-spreadsheet/

And yet with all of those "quality" PC exclusives, PC can't seem to win a GOTY? Why? Because most of the PC exclusives are indies and most of them are of lower quality than non indie games. (that's normal, you can't expect the same quality for a game that's developed by 10 devs in comparison to a team of 100+ devs.) And indie games are giving scores based on different standards than games made by the big developers, that's why PC has so many "good" exclusives.

1. I didn't ask for your shitty opinion. Put up data links or gtfo.

2. Most ofthose AA+ PC titles are not INDY games. Lie more?

3. INDY have won countless GOTY awards and make up PS4's very few high scoring exclusives...

Did you hear that, a majority of PS4's high scoring titles are indy , more than PC.

Proof of this fact : http://systemwarsmagazine.com/gamespot-reviews-spreadsheet/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Truth hurts doesn't it hermit?

"Most of those AA+ PC titles are not INDY games."

Yes they are you fool.

--Some are, some aren't. No different than the PS4's library.

And did I say all indies were bad? No, but most of them are of low quality.

--That's why Sony is working so hard to try to get as many indie games as possible on the PS4 right? Microsoft too. Everybody recognizes the quality and creativity coming from indie developers. Honestly, I'm looking forward to games like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The Forest and Routine just as much as big budget games on PC or PS4.

Also LOL, striking through my post won't change the truth.

Think about it, I know hard for you, but try. I asked this question a thousand times and you never answer it.

With all of those "quality" PC exclusives, PC can't seem to win a GOTY? Why? And you know the answer, the answer is what I wrote. Keep living in denial though, it's highly amusing!

I couldn't care less about imaginary GOTY distinctions. It's nothing but a popularity contest. If I thought like you I would have to worship movies like Crash and Chicago as some of the best films of all time and my favorite music would be from artists like Miley Cyrus, Lorde and Katy Perry. Luckily I think for myself and use my own judgement, and I'm really not concerned with what the mainstream thinks. If I like something that is popular, fine, that's great. If I don't like something that is popular, that's fine too.

Your obsession with the whole GOTY thing is comical to me.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567  Edited By 04dcarraher
@m3dude1 said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

its on medium/low for 1 thing, terrain decoration. the rest are ultra or high. Read the digital foundry face off.

its more then just one thing... lol its funny you put a few of the issues into one category. You have lower texture resolutions for ground, lack of or just plain lower quality 3d objects like most of the small rocks, lower quality and vegetation density. And and draw distance for these elements is closer-field too... (So things like bushes and patches of grass just pop in right in front of you).

Now moving away from just the terrain aspects of the downgrades. Lower LOD on most objects, lower quality shadows or lack there of... The PS4 and Xbox One versions of Battlefield 4 have comparable effects quality as PC on high and ultra settings (as opposed to full ultra settings). The upscale process from lower resolutions does muddy the clarity of water shaders on consoles. depth-of-field isn't as intense on PC during cut-scenes. This helps hide the cut down geometry and objects on PS4 and Xbox One at certain distances. And the fact that both consoles are running resolutions below 1080

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

So answer me this.

Do you think PC's can have games at least as efficiently coded with mantle as the PS4 could, and hit the hardware just as effectively?

PS4 games run underneath the OS. Low level hardware functions are in use while a PS4 game is running, you can not run another game if one is already running because it would have to switch resources at low level which would be unfeasible. Only certain apps can be run while a game is running because they are built in to the OS, or run on top. Mantle is great, and it will create an even bigger performance gap between PC's and Consoles, but consoles will always have far better access to it's hardware. And that was my argument all along.

Now about the C64. What I meant to actually say was, if the developer wanted, he could bypass the C64 blue screen (C64 Basic) and get full access to the 64kb and other hardware components like the hardware scrolling chip via machine code. Devs have the freedom to do that on PS4 if they wanted. Literally disable fundamental OS functions while the game is running however I read that Devs need Sony's permission to get access to more ram.

PS4 OS is for other console functions like Web browsing and Videos etc. Games run underneath it which is why they are not multitask-able.

Dude stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#569 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I can afford a gaming PC if I want, but what would be the point? I have everything I pretty much need with PS4. Unless I want to play some kind of strategy game ike Starcraft, which I can play on a regular pc.

Surely using a mouse and keyboard would be better for shooters.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Suppaman100 said:
@Jankarcop said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Unfortunately doesn't outperform in goty exclusives.

But it does outperform in AAA, AA, online, and multiplats.

Which would people rather have? (The answer is PC, as it has more players)

You've been avoiding my question so many times. How about you answer mine. Do you even have a gaming PC?

And also, are you 14. Judging by your post history, I wouldn't be surprised.

And to answer your question with my opinion, because PC gaming entitles a different type of gaming.

LoL came out in 2009

SC2 came out in 2010

GW2 came out in 2011

CS:GO came out in 2012

Dota 2 came out in 2013

So you see, for the past 5 years, we have 5 games that are the height of eSports. Each of these draw in crowds of hundreds of thousands and the players get paid millions. LoL filled up the entire fucking Staples center last year and each of these have a larger following than most actual sports. I highly doubt you have touched any of these games.

Most PC gamers have thousands of hours invested into each of these games and 5 years down the road, they will still be played competitively. Just like SC:BW and WC3 from years before.

Now we look at the console side. We have games like UC and TLoU. Great games, but games you play in one 20 hour play through and never play again. However, you still go on internet forums telling everyone how great these games are. You know why you never hear about the games I just mentioned on this forum? Because they each have their own forum with MILLIONS of users.

TLoU wins GOTY awards from generic sites like Gamespot and IGN, as expected, but in 5 years, what will happen? Literally nobody will ever talk about TLoU. Counter Strike GO and Starcraft will still be hosting million dollar tournaments and hundreds of thousands of players will still be putting in hours and hours into the games. Console gaming is casual. You have games that feel like movies. On this forum, where the vast majority of you are console gamers, you don't understand how PC gaming works. You think that we play games like that too and assume PC gaming is dying because we have a lack of "movie games", or as you would call them, AAA. Sure, when I'm bored, I might play some BF or AC but for the most part, PC gaming is much more competitive and complicated. To say its dead is just retarded. Esports is responsible for the recent boom in gaming. And which platform is responsible for esports?

Now you know why AAA titles on consoles win more GOTY's. They are casual mediums that go through casual sites to appeal to the casual gamer. If you want to play things with skill and depth, that turn off a lot of casual people on the console, hence skimming by sites like Gamespot, then you go PC.

But that's still no excuse for PC not winning any significant awards or the extremely low release count of good non indie exclusive .

And lol at the esports argument, so because a game is played competitively it's good? No that means it's popular, that's all.

PC gaming has become worse, in quality and quantity.

Sit the **** down liar:

http://systemwarsmagazine.com/gamespot-reviews-spreadsheet/

And yet with all of those "quality" PC exclusives, PC can't seem to win a GOTY? Why? Because most of the PC exclusives are indies and most of them are of lower quality than non indie games. (that's normal, you can't expect the same quality for a game that's developed by 10 devs in comparison to a team of 100+ devs.) And indie games are giving scores based on different standards than games made by the big developers, that's why PC has so many "good" exclusives.

3. INDY have won countless GOTY awards and make up PS4's very few high scoring exclusives...

Did you hear that, a majority of PS4's high scoring titles are indy , more than PC.

Proof of this fact : http://systemwarsmagazine.com/gamespot-reviews-spreadsheet/

Yes they are you fool.

--That's why Sony is working so hard to try to get as many indie games as possible on the PS4 right? Microsoft too. Everybody recognizes the quality and creativity coming from indie developers. Honestly, I'm looking forward to games like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The Forest and Routine just as much as big budget games on PC or PS4.

Think about it, I know hard for you, but try. I asked this question a thousand times and you never answer it.

With all of those "quality" PC exclusives, PC can't seem to win a GOTY? Why? And you know the answer, the answer is what I wrote. Keep living in denial though, it's highly amusing!

I couldn't care less about imaginary GOTY distinctions. It's nothing but a popularity contest. If I thought like you I would have to worship movies like Crash and Chicago as some of the best films of all time and my favorite music would be from artists like Miley Cyrus, Lorde and Katy Perry. Luckily I think for myself and use my own judgement, and I'm really not concerned with what the mainstream thinks. If I like something that is popular, fine, that's great. If I don't like something that is popular, that's fine too.

So a GOTY = a popularity contest by your views? So by your logic, COD, wii sports or pokemon should take the prize without any doubt then.

But it doesn't. Come on now, this "bu..bu..GOTY=popularity contest" is just another attempt at damage control. Truth is GOTY is a prize given to the best game of the year, not the most popular. And PC fails to get any GOTY for the last couple of years.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571  Edited By m3dude1

@04dcarraher said:
@m3dude1 said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

its more then just one thing... lol its funny you put a few of the issues into one category. You have lower texture resolutions for ground, lack of or just plain lower quality 3d objects like most of the small rocks, lower quality and vegetation density. And and draw distance for these elements is closer-field too... (So things like bushes and patches of grass just pop in right in front of you).

Now moving away from just the terrain aspects of the downgrades. Lower LOD on most objects, lower quality shadows or lack there of... The PS4 and Xbox One versions of Battlefield 4 have comparable effects quality as PC on high and ultra settings (as opposed to full ultra settings). The upscale process from lower resolutions does muddy the clarity of water shaders on consoles. depth-of-field isn't as intense on PC during cut-scenes. This helps hide the cut down geometry and objects on PS4 and Xbox One at certain distances. And the fact that both consoles are running resolutions below 1080

so its basically what i just said, terrain decoration on low/medium, rest on ultra or high.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574  Edited By kalipekona

@Suppaman100 said:

@kalipekona said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Yes they are you fool.

So a GOTY = a popularity contest by your views? So by your logic, COD, wii sports or pokemon should take the prize without any doubt then.

But it doesn't. Come on now, this "bu..bu..GOTY=popularity contest" is just another attempt at damage control. Truth is GOTY is a prize given to the best game of the year, not the most popular. And PC fails to get any GOTY for the last couple of years.

Of course it's a popularity contest. The games that win GOTY are the games that received the most votes from editors at game sites. People can vote with their wallets by actually buying a game and if a game sells a lot this shows popularity among regular gamers. If a game wins GOTY at a site or multiple sites this shows popularity among gaming journalists. Either way it boils down to subjective opinion. I'm never going to let my choices be dictated by the opinions of others. There have been GOTY winners that I didn't particularly enjoy, as well as games that won no GOTY awards that ended up being among my favorite games of all time.

I find it absurd that you discard the opinions of regular gamers when they vote with their wallets, but you somehow take the word of game journalists as the gospel truth. Do you honestly believe that the opinions of those that happen to write about games hold any more weight than the opinions of any one of us gamers? If you do, I pity you.

I vastly prefer a platform with a larger library of quality titles to choose from (to find games that suit my particular tastes) over a platform with one or two GOTY winners in an entire generation.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#575  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

building computers is a lot of fun.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#576 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@thereal25 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I can afford a gaming PC if I want, but what would be the point? I have everything I pretty much need with PS4. Unless I want to play some kind of strategy game ike Starcraft, which I can play on a regular pc.

Surely using a mouse and keyboard would be better for shooters.

I remember my first experience using a mouse for shooters. Great precision, but clicking on someones head just didn't feel right.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577 Suppaman100

@kalipekona said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@kalipekona said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Yes they are you fool.

Of course it's a popularity contest. The games that win GOTY are the games that received the most votes from editors at game sites. People can vote with their wallets by actually buying a game and if a game sells a lot this shows popularity among regular gamers. If a game wins GOTY at a site or multiple sites this shows popularity among gaming journalists. Either way it boils down to subjective opinion. I'm never going to let my choices be dictated by the opinions of others. There have been GOTY winners that I didn't particularly enjoy, as well as games that won no GOTY awards that ended up being among my favorite games of all time.

I find it absurd that you discard the opinions of regular gamers when they vote with their wallets, but you somehow take the word of game journalists as the gospel truth. Do you honestly believe that the opinions of those that happen to write about games hold any more weight than the opinions of any one of us gamers? If you do, I pity you.

I vastly prefer a platform with a larger library of quality titles to choose from (to find games that suit my particular tastes) over a platform with one or two GOTY winners in an entire generation.

Yes, editors vote for what they find the BEST game of that year. I love how you're trying to twist it in a popularity contest. Damage controlling at it finest

"I vastly prefer a platform with a larger library of quality titles to choose from (to find games that suit my particular tastes) over a platform with one or two GOTY winners in an entire generation." Implying you only find it on PC? Lol come on, PC has indies, indies, mmo's, fps's and rts's..oh and indies. PC lacks so many genres it's crazy to be PC only gamer this day and age imo.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@Suppaman100: Looking at steam alone this is what I see:

Strategy, RTS, first person shooters, third person shooters, simulators, fighitng games, racing games, sports games, horror games, platformers, adventure games, hack and slash, beat them ups, shoot them ups, a good chunk of the most well known titles are also on Steam so...

As a PC-only gamer it doesn't look like i'm missing much on anything worth mentioning outside exclusives, and I really see no reason to spend up to 600 dollars to play only one or two games just because they are "award winning exclusives"

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

So for $700 bucks how much better would the rig be?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 Suppaman100

@roler42 said:

Strategy, RTS, first person shooters, third person shooters, simulators, fighitng games, racing games, sports games, horror games, platformers, adventure games, hack and slash, beat them ups, shoot them ups, a good chunk of the most well known titles are also on Steam so...

As a PC-only gamer it doesn't look like i'm missing much on anything worth mentioning outside exclusives, and I really see no reason to spend up to 600 dollars to play only one or two games just because they are "award winning exclusives"

Yeah and most of those genres are infested with indies.

Uhu, and yet with all of those great AAA exclusive PC games, none are worthy of GOTY. Weird.

But hey if you're happy with indies then that's fine. But it seems you guys are not though. Keep begging for GTA V though.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583  Edited By kalipekona

@Suppaman100 said:

@roler42 said:

Uhu, and yet with all of those great AAA exclusive PC games, none are worthy of GOTY. Weird.

But hey if you're happy with indies then that's fine. But it seems you guys are not though. Keep begging for GTA V though.

And 99.9% of the games on PS3 are also unworthy of GOTY so they must be worthless to play too, right? You astound me with your irrationality. *shakes head*

I have a PC, PS4, PS3 and 360 and I can tell you that there have been more exclusives on PC that I have loved than on any one of my consoles. But there are good exclusives on all platforms and that is why I try to own as many as I realistically can. If I could only own one platform, though, for me it would be the PC without hesitation.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Suppaman100: Can you write a single comment without the words "GOTY", "beggar" or "damage control"?

You're a broken record with literally NO argument other than exclusives. You know nothing about PC. You say WE have too many dude bro shooters. You realize console is a dude bro platform on its own right? No casual games on PC.

Of course, you're going to ignore my point about you having no other arguments and you'll just reply with "keep begging for GTA beggar race"

You realize all PC gamers have consoles as secondary platforms right? I have GTA and RDR ect and I can assure you that your beloved AAA titles are nothing compared to what you praise them to be.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

a $300 pc will outperform an Xbone.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@silversix_ said:

a $300 pc will outperform an Xbone.

No. No it won't.

90% of games available on the bone run in 720p. Do you think it takes power to run games on medium/720p? No it doesn't. System is amazingly weak.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589  Edited By Roler42

@Suppaman100 said:

@roler42 said:

You seem to imply indies are horrible, yet the PS3 has an indie title that actually won GOTY on several websites (Journey)

About the genres, I didn't know street fighter, desu ex, borderlands, NBA 2K, Bioshock, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden or even FIFA were indies...

These games and genres are on the PC, there's nothing really missing outside of exclusives

And I don't recall ever singing up a petition for GTA V, i'm not excactly losing sleep over it, yet you seem to be very resentful against the PC gamers that actually want it

Anyway... I guess i'll continue to play indies like borderlands 2 since apparently the PC has nothing but indies

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Well the disgusting amount of pornography I watch would all but destroy any high end PC I purchased. Console gaming is just safer for me.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@roler42 said:

Looking at last gen and current gen, Most of PC's aaa-aa games are not INDY.

However, most of PS4's games currently ARE INDY.

Self Owned.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593 Suppaman100

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@roler42 said:

Self Owned.

Ye..NO. Get me a list of all those games then. (and I want non indie exclusives, don't come up with multiplats that are also on consoles)

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594 Suppaman100

@roler42 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@roler42 said:

You seem to imply indies are horrible, yet the PS3 has an indie title that actually won GOTY on several websites (Journey)

About the genres, I didn't know street fighter, desu ex, borderlands, NBA 2K, Bioshock, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden or even FIFA were indies...

These games and genres are on the PC, there's nothing really missing outside of exclusives

And I don't recall ever singing up a petition for GTA V, i'm not excactly losing sleep over it, yet you seem to be very resentful against the PC gamers that actually want it

Anyway... I guess i'll continue to play indies like borderlands 2 since apparently the PC has nothing but indies

I never said all indies are bad, most of them are though especially when compared ot non indies, but that's understandable since they're maid by small teams.

And lol at listing a bunch of multiplats. Please give me a list of good non indie PC exclusives and then I'll be impressed.

Also I'm not a PC hater, I have gaming PC myself, although I find it funny that hermits claim to have the best games when they just don't. (as the lack of awards points out this fact)

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595 Roler42

@Suppaman100: You said PC is missing out on genres, you never said exclusives, a lot of the most well known and well played genres are on the PC with the multiplats, so in the end the PC is not missing out, I can be a PC only gamer and still enjoy the same genres console gamers play

You may not be a PC hater but you sure love to pretend indies are horrible or simply pretend indies don't even exist, I think the point was proven, PC is not missing out on anything other than console exclusives

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596 zeeshanhaider

@scottpsfan14 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

So answer me this.

Dude stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

Come off it man. How am I? All I'm trying to say is that consoles do not work like PC's regardless of it being x86. The software is designed differently for better access to the hardware. How is that embarrassing myself? I am aware PC's are more powerful. I was just making that point.

Yes do they in sense that they still have to go through the console OS + Graphic APIs. There's no passing that. The only difference is the set piece of hardware and to the metal coding which here means coding specifically for that hardware except a set standard like DirectX to target a multiple configurations as in the case of PCs. You can do the same thing with PC using windows if you are targetting just one configuration of hardware and one OS like you do in super computers or clusters with many GPUs running Nvidia's proprietary APIs.

Progrramming to the mteal doesn't mean that bypassing all the OS, API's drivers etc and then deal with all the low level synchronization stuff etc, all the timing issues and pretty much code for the machine in plain assembly. No developer has that much time and budget. What you are implying that developers should do all the hardwork of systems programming while taking care of the game. That's the job of the console provider to provide dev kits and SDK's. As a matter of fact, that stage goes way back at the time of designing of the console. It's absurd to think that game running on a console is running parallel to the OS. It's against the basic principle of System design. OS is also the one managing resources and yes, hardware too is a resource.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597 Suppaman100

@roler42 said:

@Suppaman100: You said PC is missing out on genres, you never said exclusives, a lot of the most well known and well played genres are on the PC with the multiplats, so in the end the PC is not missing out, I can be a PC only gamer and still enjoy the same genres console gamers play

You may not be a PC hater but you sure love to pretend indies are horrible or simply pretend indies don't even exist, I think the point was proven, PC is not missing out on anything other than console exclusives

You're right. But those console exclusives are the best what gaming have to offer these last years imo. (it seems the gaming community also finds this, hence PC nog getting any major awards these last years)

And I have my own opinion why PC gaming is not as good as it was. But I'm argueing with so many hermits now. I'll try to find it.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#598 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

US ONLY. over here in uk it would cost much more than ps4

Must suck to live in a 3rd world country

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#599 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@roler42 said:

Self Owned.

Ye..NO. Get me a list of all those games then. (and I want non indie exclusives, don't come up with multiplats that are also on consoles)

sad part, I'm pretty sure jankar has counted them at some point

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@Suppaman100 said:

@roler42 said:

You're right. But those console exclusives are the best what gaming have to offer these last years imo. (it seems the gaming community also finds this, hence PC nog getting any major awards these last years)

And I have my own opinion why PC gaming is not as good as it was. But I'm argueing with so many hermits now. I'll try to find it.

Yup, the console exclusives like the Last Guardian, Agent, Drive Club etc. We are missing soooooooooo much. By the way, peasant what score did TLOU get on GS? :D And the rest of the consolole exclusives can be enjoyned by anyone for free on youtube. Not everyone is an idiot like cows who waste $60 for medicore 720p movies. Now bow down peasant.