Games with the best collector's edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I was inspired to do this thread after getting my collector's edition of Bravely Default today from Amazon. Unfortunately the packaging was meh and parts of it came damaged, but nonetheless, it's alright! So anyway, what are some of your favorite collector's editions?

#2 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

AirZonk. Came with a figurine, two posters, artwork history, an autographed Turboduo, all 3 bonk games, THE Airzonk game, a multi-tap, and 50% off up to 10 games.

All for $200 in 1992,.

#3 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

*Excuse me 1994.

#4 Posted by bbkkristian (14771 posts) -

The best CE I've gotten has got to be either The Last Story's (which was free upgrade for preordering), it's case was literally a "book" and it came with an artbook and soundtrack. Either that or Ys Memories of Celceta, which came with a map, compass, Adol's journal, and a THREE disc soundtrack from music from the series.

#5 Edited by bobbetybob (19088 posts) -

I think Titanfalls is one of the most amazing, the sheer size of the statue is ludicrous. Unfortunately it's also one of the most expensive so it loses points for that.

I always quite liked the free ones, Dark Souls had a pretty great one considering you got an art book and a few other goodies for no extra cost.

#6 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

AirZonk. Came with a figurine, two posters, artwork history, an autographed Turboduo, all 3 bonk games, THE Airzonk game, a multi-tap, and 50% off up to 10 games.

All for $200 in 1992,.

damn, that's old school

#7 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23398 posts) -

the only one i ever cared enough about to actually buy was the gta 4 one with the metal bank deposit box.

i still use the lockbox to this day to store my glock in.

#8 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8403 posts) -

Last Of Us has great Collector's Edition. I bought the Survivor's Edition and that was GREAT value for $79. Huge ass hardcover artbook, steelcase for game and, digital soundrack and first issue of the Dark Horse comic. Tomb Raider Reboot was decent too although I really have no use for the action figure.

#9 Edited by musicalmac (22684 posts) -

Halo: Reach was pretty good, I think that was the one that came with the research diary. Or was that Halo 3? I don't buy many collector's editions...

#10 Edited by yokofox33 (28993 posts) -

I really enjoyed the Mass Effect 2 and 3 collector's edition. Last Story was also great. Most NISA games (although not good games) usually have solid ones as well.