Games with a unique twist that failed (Flip's Twisted World, for example).

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Plamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Plamino
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts
Flip's Twisted World trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkIAn7KL9Kg This game was so low-key, GameSpot didn't even bother to review it. It was created by a new developer, and they spent four years on this individual project! The game's unique twist is being able to redirect gravity... But really, you're pretty much just flipping 90 degrees at all times, which is still really cool. It pays obvious homage to Super Mario Galaxy and has some enchanting music to boot. I would definitely pick this up if the prices listed were true, but I can never find a copy anywhere. What say you?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
NGamer reviewed it, and it looked really bad.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23027 Posts
Out of this world snes... sooo atmospheric and wildly original but brutally punishing and strange gameplay was a slight head scratcher
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
[QUOTE="Plamino"]Flip's Twisted World trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkIAn7KL9Kg This game was so low-key, GameSpot didn't even bother to rate it. It was created by a new developer, and they spent four years on this individual project! The game's unique twist is being able to redirect gravity... But really, you're pretty much just flipping 90 degrees at all times, which is still really cool. It pays obvious homage to Super Mario Galaxy and has some enchanting music to boot. I would definitely pick this up if the prices listed were true, but I can never find a copy anywhere. What say you?

That game actually look pretty good, i'll try to find it. And no i'm not joking
Plamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Plamino
[QUOTE="Plamino"]Flip's Twisted World trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkIAn7KL9Kg This game was so low-key, GameSpot didn't even bother to rate it. It was created by a new developer, and they spent four years on this individual project! The game's unique twist is being able to redirect gravity... But really, you're pretty much just flipping 90 degrees at all times, which is still really cool. It pays obvious homage to Super Mario Galaxy and has some enchanting music to boot. I would definitely pick this up if the prices listed were true, but I can never find a copy anywhere. What say you?da_illest101

Glad it peaked someone elses' interest. It should be extremely cheap now, given that it's been a year and only costs 30 dollars to begin with. Tell me how it is if you actually manage to find it.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

[QUOTE="da_illest101"][QUOTE="Plamino"]Flip's Twisted World trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkIAn7KL9Kg This game was so low-key, GameSpot didn't even bother to rate it. It was created by a new developer, and they spent four years on this individual project! The game's unique twist is being able to redirect gravity... But really, you're pretty much just flipping 90 degrees at all times, which is still really cool. It pays obvious homage to Super Mario Galaxy and has some enchanting music to boot. I would definitely pick this up if the prices listed were true, but I can never find a copy anywhere. What say you?Plamino

Glad it peaked someone elses' interest. It should be extremely cheap now, given that it's been a year and only costs 30 dollars to begin with. Tell me how it is if you actually manage to find it.

pretty cheap on ebay...just looked it up...no more than $20

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
[QUOTE="da_illest101"][QUOTE="Plamino"]Flip's Twisted World trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkIAn7KL9Kg This game was so low-key, GameSpot didn't even bother to rate it. It was created by a new developer, and they spent four years on this individual project! The game's unique twist is being able to redirect gravity... But really, you're pretty much just flipping 90 degrees at all times, which is still really cool. It pays obvious homage to Super Mario Galaxy and has some enchanting music to boot. I would definitely pick this up if the prices listed were true, but I can never find a copy anywhere. What say you?Plamino

It will take time before i get it, too many games i want in the up coming months
gamermonkey017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 gamermonkey017
Member since 2010 • 98 Posts

Super Mario Bros. I was so mad when peach was in another castle.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#9 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
i thought this thread would be about a story twist lol
Plamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Plamino
pretty cheap on ebay...just looked it up...no more than $20CDUB316
GameSpot's Game Market side-bar had it listed as $8. Not sure what it was, though.
Plamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Plamino
It will take time before i get it, too many games i want in the up coming monthsda_illest101
Oh, I completely understand that. You might want to look into Dewy's Adventure, too. It's another low-key platform game for the Wii with some unique flair to it.