Games which make you ANGRY

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2461 posts) -

Is there any game that make you sometime angry when you playing? or in multiplayer where you keep losing or fail and you say/think: "wtf is this" ; "hacker!!!" ; "how the hell... its impossible" ; "wtf... i shot him how did i died and he survives..." ; "why the fuck i died... fucking broken game"

#2 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Prototype is probably the last game I played that really made me rage. That game had a huge difficulty spike at the end that almost had me throwing controllers at the tv

#3 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

Any FPS multiplayer game. I suck at that.

#4 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

glitchy MP...

i can live with a glitchy SP but fucking glitch fest MP fuck that!

#5 Posted by Bigboi500 (29956 posts) -

Games with time limits.

#6 Edited by lostrib (37046 posts) -

BF4...especially Rush mode

#7 Posted by heretrix (37382 posts) -

I got angry a lot during my playthrough of Binary Domain, Just when I thought I was enjoying the game it would do something really stupid and piss me off.

@Animal-Mother said:

Prototype is probably the last game I played that really made me rage. That game had a huge difficulty spike at the end that almost had me throwing controllers at the tv

Prototype was a big lol. That game had some really weird difficulty spikes and one of the most monotonous boss battles (Elizabeth Greene) I've ever had the displeasure of playing against.

#8 Posted by Zidaneski (8469 posts) -

Batman Origins and any competitive online games, EXCEPT fighting games.

#9 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Actually there is one.... Fifa fuking 14. Pure rage whenever I play this game. Something always goes wrong in a match

#10 Posted by Zassimick (6576 posts) -

Jak 2 HD was awful. Combat wasn't fun, driving was terrible and the missions paired with the horrible checkpoint system made everything worse.

#11 Edited by Eisen_Howl (83 posts) -

Recently?

The gliding level at the end of KZ:SF - wow, that was just...terrible.

Rest of the game lived up to the review score, and personally, I enjoyed the game; but wow, that segment man.

I can't recall how many times I died.

#12 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2698 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Games with time limits.

Exactly.More recently lightning returns.

The game made me rage so hard with it's bs time limit.It made me throw my controller against the wall.

#13 Edited by lamprey263 (23975 posts) -

MGS4, I'd constantly be like "OMG is this cutscene ever going to end!!", and then it'd let me play for only a brief moment before another epic cutscene ensues after I take a few steps and I'd be like "AhhhhH! Come on!!". It was like that for nearly the entire game. That game has some of the worst writing and there's no amount of weed that could make it interesting.

#14 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@heretrix said:

I got angry a lot during my playthrough of Binary Domain, Just when I thought I was enjoying the game it would do something really stupid and piss me off.

@Animal-Mother said:

Prototype was a big lol. That game had some really weird difficulty spikes and one of the most monotonous boss battles (Elizabeth Greene) I've ever had the displeasure of playing against.

It really did. It didn't help that enemies could continuously hit you when you were down perpetuating the frustration.

#15 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3579 posts) -

Recently Tony Hawk's Project 8. The frame rate is so damn bad. It constantly slows down for no reason, and it really affects the gameplay.

#16 Edited by jg4xchamp (48166 posts) -

>Ninja Gaiden 2
>Master Ninja

ALL OF MY RAGE

#17 Posted by stuff238 (641 posts) -

Most platforming games anger me because I die too often.

Music games like Guitar hero/Rock band at expert difficulty. Fail the songs too much.

Games that are too hard. I play easy games for fun to enjoy the story. Not to die and get stuck on a level for an hour straight.

Failing a race because i barely touched another car, wall, or the grass. Like who cares? Why should I have to redo the ****ing lap over again?

Collectables in open world games. It is annoying trying to find anything in assassins creed, GTA and others. Why do I have to find 200 feathers? The rewards for finding all this junk is never worth it either. I will never platinum an open world game because of this.

Strategy RPG's. Too much thinking.

Final Fantasy and most Jrpgs....TOO MUCH GRINDING! And the bosses have 1 million HP do 10,000 damage while I have 3000HP and do 500 damage. Makes no sense.

#18 Edited by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

Unit caps in strategy games.

#19 Posted by TheEroica (13548 posts) -

Lost Planet.... I want to meet the guy responsible for designing "T-Eng the game" and smash his stupid face.

#20 Posted by with_teeth26 (6168 posts) -

BF3 and 4 brought out a remarkable amount of rage from me. Something to do with the wonky net code, hit detection and damage model where it seems you die instantly but it takes a million bullets to kill anyone.

a couple of the boss fights in Dark Souls were pretty frustrating, Capra Demon and Priscilla the Cross-Breed being the worst if I recall.

#21 Edited by Zidaneski (8469 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

Jak 2 HD was awful. Combat wasn't fun, driving was terrible and the missions paired with the horrible checkpoint system made everything worse.

That's my favorite game of all time. Great game that was a challenge to play, Jak 3 I felt was cake walk compared to 2 and Jak 3 had the worse driving. Driving in Jak 2 is a cinch except for the amount of damage the one seaters could take but thats a speed vs. armor thing. Combat was improved from jak 1 and combining firearms with melee made enemies drop like flies. Only tough part about combat I recall is if your enemies had guns as well and every fourth shot they fired was insanely accurate but not impossible to dodge.

#22 Edited by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer, because it's laggy, but incredibly addictive

#23 Posted by finalstar2007 (25206 posts) -

Call of Duty does or used to do so anyways since i havent played that game for over 3 months now but yeah its the only game that makes me rage sometimes when playing online :P

#24 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

Uncharted 3 was the last one I can remember. Awful controls and level design.

#25 Posted by TheEroica (13548 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

controls are yuk. Perfect example of Uncharted 3 rage... the shipyard sequence when your moving from floating crate to crate and you're spawned with these awful gummy imprecise controls in the center of a shooting gallery. no thanks.

#26 Posted by AznbkdX (3209 posts) -

Can't think of one lately other than SMT IV at times that made me legit rage a bit. Back then it was definitely TF2 when I screwed up on my DMing multiple times in a row. Pretty rage inducing to have bad days in any multiplayer game though.

#27 Edited by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

FIFA online has made me pretty angry when I suffered goals minutes before the game ending. Dark Souls (won't even talk about this asshole). However one thing that I love in Dark Souls is the sense of accomplishment that you get once you finish something that was tough as nails.

#28 Edited by Basinboy (11178 posts) -

Any mention of FFXIII always kindles an inkling of disdain (and FFX-2 to a lesser extent).

#29 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13205 posts) -

Oh boy don't get me started ! I got entire franchises and genres that tick me off big time.

#30 Posted by Alcapello (949 posts) -

Games like halo and gears of war. So much so I almost sometimes think its a controller problem. The games neither present a challenge unless you specify and look for difficulty, nor do they let you ease through when looking for kills on john deer shots.

You will be shot dead, and before you realize the animation has told you this, you either check your pockets to make sure you bought this, or you get out, as many this gen have.

#31 Posted by Telekill (4604 posts) -

Since I quit militaristic fps games I've calmed significantly. I haven't broken a controller in years.

#32 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25380 posts) -

Mass Effect 3.

Just wasted potential with Gears of War Multiplayer.

#33 Edited by silversix_ (14651 posts) -

anything i play competitively and care about wins i guess

#34 Posted by AdobeArtist (22900 posts) -

I had my share of rage moments with Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) and Super Ghoul's n' Ghosts (SNES).

#35 Edited by The_Stand_In (395 posts) -

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. The game has a near vertical learning curve, you can get constantly tk'ed in large battles, and I honestly just plain suck at it. But god is it fun when I finally land a kill... and for some reason the satisfaction from that keeps me playing.

It's kind of like Flappy Bird. Frustratingly addictive.

#36 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@mems_1224 said:

controls are yuk. Perfect example of Uncharted 3 rage... the shipyard sequence when your moving from floating crate to crate and you're spawned with these awful gummy imprecise controls in the center of a shooting gallery. no thanks.

I think the controls are solid,

but yup to the level design,

some parts of the maps is like death hooks,

you trying to roll over here?

well fuck you, go into cover right now.

but for my complaint it also happens to be uncharted 3,

you can pay money for missions,

but you have to pick em before a match.

like I wanna pick arena on hard for extra money,

but the lobby I join is normal,

and the timer starts before I even play,

why naughty dogs why?

#37 Edited by blamix99 (1967 posts) -

glitchy mp's makes me go super saiyan 4, especially dying in Dark Souls/Demon Souls

#38 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2582 posts) -

@eisen_howl: Killzone Shadow Fall was a wildly inconsistent game. There were parts where I had that, "Oh my God, I'm playing a next gen console" feeling, and parts where I felt like the game was designed specifically to piss me off.

As for games that anger me, the New Super Mario Bros. series. I feel like the games are designed specifically to be annoying rather than satisfyingly challenging.

#39 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Unresponsive controls I suppose.

Moments in games like Assassin's Creed where you're simply running rooftop to rooftop and the game "guesses" where you're trying to go and you end up jumping randomly into the street. Been slowly but surely playing through Psychonauts for over a month now because of issues like that. Never get mad at games like Super Meat Boy or Dark Souls because nearly every death feels deserved but dying to stuff like that in other games? Yeah, I get pretty ragey at that.

#40 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34149 posts) -

Going through the Mystery House marathon for the first time in Super Mario 3D world.

I think I got more frustrated with that than I did the Champion's Road.

#41 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17164 posts) -

Jurassic Park. My baby bro learned some new words from watching me play it back in the day, lol.

#42 Edited by Joedgabe (5112 posts) -

When I first had my PS2 i was a huge Wrestling fan. There was this wrestling game were the computer was jut not losing the match no matter what i did to him he wouldn't go down and i beat the crap out of him then all of the sudden he does one ulti on me and my character K.O's i grabbed my controller and slammed it into the PS2. That's how my PS2 died.

#43 Posted by speedfog (3203 posts) -

MGS4, UC, CUTSCENES CUTSCENES AND CUTSCENES.

#44 Posted by Ghost120x (3897 posts) -

PES on 3ds. I swear,even in the replays I didn't touch the guy and I get flagged. The ref just wants to side with his ai buddies on the other team.

Sports games in general piss me off for some reason.

#45 Edited by drinkerofjuice (3188 posts) -

Super Street Fighter 4 online. I am not the same person when I play that game.

#46 Edited by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

@killatwill15 said:

@TheEroica said:

@mems_1224 said:

I think the controls are solid,

... how?

The controls are awful in UC3, especially compared to how refined they were in UC2

#47 Posted by clone01 (24770 posts) -

The first God of War Hades level. Hated that f*cking stage.

#48 Edited by AzatiS (7613 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife:

I wouldnt say angry , more like subpar experience

1) League of Legends has the worst community and online experience i ever had by far , some people taking pills to relax after 2,3 games

2) and i thought World of Warcraft was the king of rotten community ( crying over items , angry after a duel loss etc etc)

3) before i quit from Counter strike 1.5 / 1.6 ( the headshot drama , cheaters )

4) but then ill never forget how upset i got with Diablo 3 and all those broken promises ( one of my favorite franchises ever got ducked up hard )

5) though last but not least , Resident Evil 4 , the game that was the start of death of one of my favorites console franchises ever. Which led to RE5 which was bigger crap which 5 led to 6 which was the utter crap.

#49 Posted by TheEroica (13548 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Mass Effect 3.

Just wasted potential with Gears of War Multiplayer.

really? I loved the MP in Mass Effect 3. I thought it was well executed and for a game that is built on a strong SP offering, I really thought they did a good job of making it feel legit along side the main attraction.

#50 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25380 posts) -

@TheEroica: I thought it was garbage and shouldn't have been made for a game that should not have had Multiplayer in the first place.