Games that you were so into that they made you JUMP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pitbulllova (757 posts) -

For me its gotta' be fallout 3, i was in a building and out of no where a super mutant starts yelling and attacks me with his hammer, i was literally startled! ahah but it felt cool to be so into a game world that something virtual could make me react that way. What about you guys?

#2 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
fallout 3 did that a couple of times...out of ****** nowhere. Dead space dead space 2 condemned conemned 2 nothing much really...
#3 Posted by SharkheadHD (231 posts) -

Skyrim made me jump once, I was alone and in a tomb full of Draugr. I turned around and almost fell off my chair IRL -

I was suddenly face to face with Lydia within pointblank range, she had finally decided to catch up with me and sneak up from behind without making a sound.

#4 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
Wii Sports Tennis Only game I actually jumped while playing.
#5 Posted by Frankenstrat247 (324 posts) -

Amnesia. All kinds of small things in that game startle the hell out of me.

#6 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Minecraft

Slender

Goldeneye (AI pops up behind you but is looking the other way...wtf?)

#7 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Minecraft

Slender

NaveedLife

I'm not sure if this is true but I read that Slender is not programmed to follow you but to predict where the player will go next... Can anyone beat the system? =0

#8 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Minecraft

Slender

whiskeystrike

I'm not sure if this is true but I read that Slender is not programmed to follow you but to predict where the player will go next... Can anyone beat the system? =0

I have no idea how it works. All I know is I cannot bring myself to play it again :P

#9 Posted by mooooo99 (1243 posts) -

deadspace did that, i found that game to be really creepy..

#10 Posted by Vaasman (11260 posts) -

Are we talking about non-horror? Jumped plenty of times at REmake and Condemned and Amnesia.

In Dark Souls, in the depths, there is a particular item you can loot as soon as you enter the knee high water, and out of sight there is always a slime on the roof that jumps you. Scared the absolute crap out of me the first time it happened, I was out of estus so I was already on edge. I used a homeward bone and just bailed.

#11 Posted by sukraj (22133 posts) -

Doom 3 BFG Edition

#12 Posted by KungfuKitten (20854 posts) -

I would jump and pounce things every time I won at Wii Sports Tennis.
SH3 was the scariest game I've ever played for me.

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (39164 posts) -
Last one was Dishonored. They heard me so I camped somewhere waiting for them to scout my location. I didn't notice the door behind me, and they came through there and instantly striked me. Screamed like a girl. Brother nearly had a heartattack.
#14 Posted by KungfuKitten (20854 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Last one was Dishonored. They heard me so I camped somewhere waiting for them to scout my location. I didn't notice the door behind me, and they came through there and instantly striked me. Screamed like a girl. Brother nearly had a heartattack.

Install a webcam.
#15 Posted by freedomfreak (39164 posts) -
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Last one was Dishonored. They heard me so I camped somewhere waiting for them to scout my location. I didn't notice the door behind me, and they came through there and instantly striked me. Screamed like a girl. Brother nearly had a heartattack.

Install a webcam.

In my room?
#16 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Last one was Dishonored. They heard me so I camped somewhere waiting for them to scout my location. I didn't notice the door behind me, and they came through there and instantly striked me. Screamed like a girl. Brother nearly had a heartattack.freedomfreak
Install a webcam.

In my room?

Especially in your room...

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (39164 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] Install a webcam.whiskeystrike

In my room?

Especially in your room...

You're right. A webcam in the living room would be a bit odd.
#18 Posted by NoodleFighter (6982 posts) -

Jak 2. Metro 2033

#19 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Minecraft

Slender

whiskeystrike

I think Slender just follows the notes really.
#20 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2755 posts) -

The most memorable was my first "horror" game, Resident Evil 4. I'm a real scaredy cat so I was really concentrating, preparing myself for the horror!

And after the first scene with the zombie in the house, there's this long path you walk. So I started walking, being a bit cautious and then to the left, there was this little shed and my inner rpg-soul immediately reacted so I dropped my mental guard, went "Oh exploration!" entered the shed and BAM some zombie with an axe or something jumped me. That really got me...

#21 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

I think Horror games are the only ones able to achieve this. But i must give a special mention to Fallout 3/New Vegas those two games are a work of art indeed.

#22 Posted by PAL360 (26717 posts) -

Resident Evil 1,2, 3 and Code veronica

Alone in the Dark 1, 2, 3 and New Nightmare

Sillent Hill 1 and 2

#23 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
Doom 3 Half Life 2 Silent Hill Resident Evil 1-3 King's Field 2
#24 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

Resident Evil 3 is still jump scare king in my eyes -- it's so hard for me to tolerate playing it. But pertaining to this gen, only Amnesia and Condemned come to mind for now.

#25 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

250px-Kris_Kross_Make_My_Video_Cover.jpg

This made me jump twice :P

cwutididthar?

#26 Posted by psn8214 (14924 posts) -

Amnesia is the only one that's ever had such an effect.

#27 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

cwutididthar?

moistsandwich

You actually played that game ?

:?

#28 Posted by ZeW0lf (14 posts) -
The first time I jumped with fear was when some crazy dog barked/attacked from nowhere in Tomb Raider. Stupid mutt. And the Silent Hill series.
#29 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

cwutididthar?

moistsandwich
So......you jumped for to little boys?:shock:
#30 Posted by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

cwutididthar?

AmazonTreeBoa

they were a lame pop group who's (to my knowledge) only hit was "jump jump" they wore their jeans backwards, that tells you everything about them. that they had a game is news to me.

#31 Posted by pelvist (4628 posts) -

The ones I remember the most are System Shock 2, AVP ( Jag version ) Fatal Frame 2, Amnesia, STALKER and even Minecraft.

#32 Posted by pelvist (4628 posts) -

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

cwutididthar?

sts106mat

they were a lame pop group who's (to my knowledge) only hit was "jump jump" they wore their jeans backwards, that tells you everything about them. that they had a game is news to me.

I didnt know they had a game either LMAO thats so funny.

#33 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21538 posts) -
alone on the dark made me jump alot.
#34 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -
Fallout 3, Dark Space, and Dementium are the only games that I can think of that actually made me jump, though there are a few horror games in my backlog that I still need to play...
#35 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] So......you jumped for to little boys?:shock:pelvist

They didn't have a game lol ( but don't quote me on that) he was just being funny because they had a hit single called "Jump Jump" hence why he wrote C wat i did thar at the bottom of the picture in small writing.

#36 Posted by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] they were a lame pop group who's (to my knowledge) only hit was "jump jump" they wore their jeans backwards, that tells you everything about them. that they had a game is news to me.

BattleSpectre

They didn't have a game lol ( but don't quote me on that) he was just being funny because they had a hit single called "Jump Jump" hence why he wrote C wat i did thar at the bottom of the picture in small writing.

turns out it was a game, (sort of) lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_My_Video
#37 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Fallout 3 comes to mind.

Those damn Metro tunnels filled with ghouls really got a scare out of me.

#38 Posted by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

Fallout 3 comes to mind.

Those damn Metro tunnels filled with ghouls really got a scare out of me.

Sagem28
oh yeah, completely agree, bioshock made me jump, big time on a couple of occasions too.