Games that won't live up to their Hype!

• 80 results
#1 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

What game or games coming out in the next 12 months do you think won't live up to their hype and why? Kind of like Elder Scrolls Online.

If you think they'd almost live up to their hype I don't think they'd be worth mentioning because based on that you could list almost every game.

#2 Posted by lostrib (36902 posts) -

The Order

#3 Posted by clyde46 (46248 posts) -

UC4.

#4 Posted by Ballroompirate (22900 posts) -

Half Life 3

#5 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7464 posts) -

Every exclusive according to the opposite console faction that the game comes on.

#6 Posted by BldgIrsh (2576 posts) -

Destiny.

#7 Posted by Heil68 (44450 posts) -

Dragon Age 3

#8 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5971 posts) -

Not seen many games get too much hyped... Last one I can remember was Titanfall, and I found the game to be okay at best.

#9 Posted by Blabadon (26305 posts) -

The Order

Destiny

Dragon Age Inquisition

#10 Edited by anderswhk (67 posts) -

No game lives up to their hype. Especially shooters today. They are all bland copies of each other with the exact same mechanics + a minor gimmick to make it it's own, springled on top. I honestly don't understand why people keep buying these Run&Gun CoD'ish type shooters, when they are in fact all garbage that play the same.

#11 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1352 posts) -

Destiny, much like Watch Dogs.

#12 Posted by Nanomage (2417 posts) -

Destiny and The Order are the two major ones I can think off,Dragon Age probably gonna disapoint as well.

#13 Edited by smashed_pinata (3235 posts) -

The Order

Destiny

Bloodborne

#15 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25326 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Half Life 3

The only true answer.

#16 Edited by silversix_ (14555 posts) -
@smashed_pinata said:

Bloodborne

How exactly do you expect this one to fail? Their whole team need to start doing meth for this game to fail. Also, the only thing Destiny will fail at is deliver a half decent story. Everything else in this game won't disappoint.

The game i expect to be very disappointing compared to its prequels is Borderlands Pre Sequel. Now this game will be disappointing but i don't see much hype so dunno if it counts.

#17 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Half Life 3

It will live up more than hype. and will be regarded as greatest thing humanity will ever experience

anyway i would say the order, uncharted 4 or Halo 5.

#18 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3266 posts) -

Destiny and Order 1886

#19 Posted by always_explicit (2891 posts) -

From my experience with "hype" nothing ever seems to live up to it. Gamers expect to much, the constant fanboyism and inability for gamers to state constructive opinions without unnecessary backlash has led to developers who often feel unable to take risks in fear of poor sales. This leads to games that meet the criteria of being "good" but rarely do they exceed expectations by pushing boundaries.

I find myself far more eager to stick crash bandicoot or spyro the dragon in my PS1 than I do any current gen titles on either consoles.

Give me a new crash and some Spyro... Id buy a PS4 tomorrow. Keen for some platformy goodness.

#20 Posted by nervmeister (15242 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

Every exclusive according to the opposite console faction that the game comes on.

^^+1

#21 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

Destiny, Order and Star Citizen.

#22 Posted by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

The Order

Halo 5

#23 Posted by Heirren (17061 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Half Life 3

The only true answer.

lol yep. Though i think somehow people will defend it.

#24 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4861 posts) -

lol what Order hype?

Quantum Break has a good chance of ending up a mess because of the TV show dynamic.

#25 Posted by MirkoS77 (7474 posts) -

@jeager_titan: yea, unfortunately I'd have to second Star Citizen. No game so ambitious will ever be able to reach that hype. Perhaps many years later, but I think at launch it's going to be a shell of its promised features that will only lead to disappointment.

Meh, as long as the dogfighting is good I'll be happy.

#27 Edited by FastRobby (1756 posts) -

The Order, Destiny, Drive Club and Sunset Overdrive. But that's more the coming 4 months, except for the order, but we all know that's not going to be a great game, it will just look good.

#28 Edited by SerOlmy (1713 posts) -

Th Order, Sunset Overdrive (bleh), Quantum Break, Project Spark, Warlords of Draenor (probably still buy it), Destiny (after seeing the beta and them now saying it wont be xgen or even xplatform).

EDIT: Oh and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

#29 Posted by Gue1 (9963 posts) -

Final Fantasy 15 will surpass the hype, BELIEVE.

#30 Posted by WallofTruth (1665 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Final Fantasy 15 will surpass the hype, BELIEVE.

This.

#31 Posted by WallofTruth (1665 posts) -

Destiny and Order 1886.

#32 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8133 posts) -

I don't see why so many people think Dragon Age 3 will be a bust. From what I hear they corrected many issues that made Dragon Age 2 a mediocre game. I will go with Destiny and The Order however.

#33 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14060 posts) -

The Order.

Halo 5.

Destiny.

#34 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Destiny.

#35 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26689 posts) -

I'll add Destiny.

#36 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2371 posts) -

No Man's Sky. I honestly don't see it living up to the hype it's created in this short amount of time. Seems simply to much for 4 people. Even for a proper dev team

Then Destiny. Mainly because i've seen alot of people go "meh" after playing alpha and beta, and that it gets old fast. Not sure, but i believe it'll end up like Watch Dogs where it'll end up around 80-85 on MC

And The Order? I see almost no hype for the game. Mostly people bashing it.....................like me. Ok. Alot of meh going around.

Also, maybe Bloodborne, but i don't believe so. I think From can pull it off and make a great game.

#37 Posted by Flubbbs (3092 posts) -

Half Life 3 and Star Citizen

#38 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16756 posts) -

Is Rockstar releasing something soon? If so, that, because everything Rockstar does is overrated as hell.

#39 Posted by SerOlmy (1713 posts) -
@deadline-zero0 said:

No Man's Sky. I honestly don't see it living up to the hype it's created in this short amount of time. Seems simply to much for 4 people. Even for a proper dev team

Actually I agree with you completely, didn't even think of that one. I think SC will be amazing but NMS looks very very meh IMO.

@sherman-tank1 said:

I don't see why so many people think Dragon Age 3 will be a bust. From what I hear they corrected many issues that made Dragon Age 2 a mediocre game.

Because they are blowing resources on multiplayer (just like ME3), adding MP to a single-player game does take resources away from the campaign (if a dev/publisher says otherwise they are flat out lying). Plus I fully expect them to pull another ME3 and half-ass the story. Also Origin, ew.

#40 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71690 posts) -

Halo 5, Gears of War 4, Half Life 3, Call of Duty, Borderlands: Pre-Sequel, FIFA are the ones that pop into mind

#41 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3568 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Half Life 3

It will live up more than hype. and will be regarded as greatest thing humanity will ever experience

Half Life 3 will be the biggest flop ever.

#42 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

No it will not if it will release of course. biggest flop will be Halo 5.

#43 Posted by freedomfreak (40527 posts) -

I'm not feeling The Order atm.

#44 Posted by pyro1245 (793 posts) -

The Order and Uncharted. and other games that may as well be movies.

@princessgomez92 said:

@system-reboot said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Half Life 3

If by flop you mean success, then yes. Half-life 3 will usher in a new era of peace and prosperity for the human race. If you're against Half-life 3 you're basically a terrorist.

#45 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1768 posts) -

@lostrib said:

The Order

#46 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

MCC, because the game will look like a last-gen game.

Halo 5, because 343i is a B-tier studio. I expect low sales and low MC score.

#47 Posted by DocSanchez (1600 posts) -

As usual, Zelda. Also, Bayonetta. Crazy hype for a run of the mill hack and slash.

#48 Posted by smashed_pinata (3235 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@smashed_pinata said:

Bloodborne

How exactly do you expect this one to fail? Their whole team need to start doing meth for this game to fail. Also, the only thing Destiny will fail at is deliver a half decent story. Everything else in this game won't disappoint.

The game i expect to be very disappointing compared to its prequels is Borderlands Pre Sequel. Now this game will be disappointing but i don't see much hype so dunno if it counts.

It will fail because cows and everyone including their grandmother's dog has been hyping it up as the second coming of christ when all they have seen is some pretty trailer and some sections of clunky, uninspired combat. This game is going to bomb....trust me. Is the setting cool? Sure. But the game looks boring as hell. I just don't see the appeal at all.

#49 Posted by commonfate (12355 posts) -

Can't really remember any real hype around here. When's the last time Slashkice or someone else made a hype thread with an obvious amount of effort put into it? We used to get threads made weeks and months ahead in advance and all sorts of drama over who gets the official sticky and people calling on mods to settle the disputes.

People are just listing whatever they like to bash. There is no hype or excitement on this board for anything. Just a lot of negative, washed-up posters who still cling to this place out of habit.

#50 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Can't really remember any real hype around here. When's the last time Slashkice or someone else made a hype thread with an obvious amount of effort put into it? We used to get threads made weeks and months ahead in advance and all sorts of drama over who gets the official sticky and people calling on mods to settle the disputes.

People are just listing whatever they like to bash. There is no hype or excitement on this board for anything. Just a lot of negative, washed-up posters who still cling to this place out of habit.

this is so true.