Games that should have a remaster release on PS4/X1.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Lets face it... I might aswell accept that this gen will be filled with last gen ports.

We can complain all we want and most of us probably wont be buying many of them either, but we might as well start asking for ports that we would actually want that keep seeing unnecessary ports that we never asked for come our way (Tomb Raider, Metro, Crysis, etc.).

I dont want to see Bioshock Remaster, Mass Effect Remaster, Assassins Creed Remaster, COD Remaster. I want to see something that deserves to be "remastered" and have another chance at captivating an audience.

Just from last gen, What game dont you mind being ported to PS4 and that other console?

I would really like Heavenly Sword and MAG.

MAG was way ahead of its time, and would greatly benefit from today's advancements.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Mass Effect trilogy is the main one... I want it bad!!!!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

why? it runs on anything and all three games cost like $10 on pc. Why do you want to spend $60 on a rehash? On topic, i don't want to see anything remade UNLESS its a true remaster (aka MCC is what i'd consider a true remake) then a game like Demon's Souls (not many played this one so it makes sense) could be a thing. That's pretty much the only game

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01

@silversix_ said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

why? it runs on anything and all three games cost like $10 on pc. Why do you want to a $60 rehash?

Well first of all I don't have a gaming PC... and anyway I'd just love to have them all together seamlessly, re-mastered with all DLC in one pack on my Xbone. It'd be awesome!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By silversix_

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@silversix_ said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

why? it runs on anything and all three games cost like $10 on pc. Why do you want to a $60 rehash?

Well first of all I don't have a gaming PC... and anyway I'd just love to have them all together seamlessly, re-mastered with all DLC in one pack on my Xbone. It'd be awesome!

its not a demanding game, you don't need a gaming rig for this. but if you want to spend $60 and play em on your x1, guess that's what you want.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nengo_Flow

@silversix_ said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

why? it runs on anything and all three games cost like $10 on pc. Why do you want to a $60 rehash? On topic, i don't want to see anything remade UNLESS its a true remaster (aka MCC is what i'd consider a true remake) then a game like Demon's Souls (not many played this one and it came out long ago) could be a thing. That's pretty much the only game

Thats why I said it should be for games that deserve it, and mentioned Mass Effect as something I didnt want to see. I agree with what you said.

I also I agree that I really dont want to see ports and would rather have an actual remake, like the Halo MCC. But I stated in the beginning that since we know ports are coming and there is nothing we can do about it, we might as well as for ports that we would actually wouldnt mind.

double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

Please, don't encourage them

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

This, would also love a Demon's Souls remaster.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_

@double_a73 said:

Please, don't encourage them

i really don't think it matters at this point. devs are going ham on this hd remake spam and there's nothing we can do about it because some of us are actually buying them, sadly.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I want to see Microsoft remake or remaster Bloodwake from the original Xbox, that was such a unique and fun game.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Uncharted, Gears, Vesperia(or any Tales), FFXIII, Mass Effect, Kingdom Hearts HD Complete and MGS Legacy Collection are some I would buy.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#12 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

None. No more. I cant think of any that I feel need it. Its ridiculous that we are even discussing this, imo.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

Mass Effect Trilogy for sure. I'd like a true remaster, not just next gen ports. I'd say they should stick with one single combat, leveling, abilities, and armor standard that spans all three games. Include every last lick of DLC, allow game imports to continue at previous level and not just as a leveling bonus, and raise the level cap along the way.

Dead Space Trilogy, I'd love this, one of the few people it seems that really liked the third game, sure it wasn't as good as first two but it was still pretty good.

I don't see what people have against a Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, sure it did little to enhance the game but the game is pretty damn good regardless. Metro Redux actually made some substantial improvements and that too is a pretty damn good game... well, two pretty damn good games anyways. And Crysis collection is just the second unsubstantiated click-bait rumor to grace us from Italy in the same week.

And, I don't really care about a Gears trilogy myself, but it would be nice if they just yanked off the Horde mode and MP and released just that as a digital title.

Oh, and a Motorstorm collection (but **** Apocalypse) should get a release on PS4, the first two good games anyways before Evolution went all sucky.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Still wouldn't mind a Final Fantasy XII HD release of the International game. It was a beautiful game already and having everything in pretty HD would be very nice. Having Remote Play for it would be a welcome addition too.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#16 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Nengo_Flow: Battlefront 2 and Timesplitters

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

I would probably look forward to a Gears of War remaster, maybe have Gears 1-3 bundled into one package all with upgraded visuals would be sick. Kingdom Hearts would be amazing, as well as Midnight Club, off the top of my head

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@Zassimick said:

Still wouldn't mind a Final Fantasy XII HD release of the International game. It was a beautiful game already and having everything in pretty HD would be very nice. Having Remote Play for it would be a welcome addition too.

This is about the only one I'd be onboard for at this point.

Also Demon's Souls, I guess. And Twilight Princess because holy shit that would be amazing. And Reach.

And I want a remake of the first two Power Stone games, dammit.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow

@The_Last_Ride said:

good picks.

people here are listing silly games that dont need a "remaster" release

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#20 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

good picks.

people here are listing silly games that dont need a "remaster" release

there are probably older games that are obvious picks, but those are my picks

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

I feel as though games that were well received but didn't sell to well the first time around should get the remaster treatment. But I don't know if many companies don't do it is because the games didn't sell well in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Metal Gear saga.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

@Zassimick said:

I would be fine with FF XII HD, mostly because PS2 games are hard to find nowadays + I want to play it on Vita.

Twilight Princess............ I don't know. I'd very much would want a sequel to that if anything.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

The only remake I'd get is the Mass Effect trilogy.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zassimick  Moderator
@Slashkice said:

Final Fantasy XII HD - What Zass said

Kingdom Hearts Collection - 'Cuz I haven't bought 2.5 yet hoping they'd port it like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

I'd be for the Kingdom Hearts collection too! Same boat as you; I have yet to buy 2.5 yet so that would be great for it to come to PS4 before I do purchase the collection.

@funsohng said:

@DarkLink77 said:

I would be fine with FF XII HD, mostly because PS2 games are hard to find nowadays + I want to play it on Vita.

Twilight Princess............ I don't know. I'd very much would want a sequel to that if anything.

And I totally spaced on a Twilight Princess HD remake a la Wind Waker HD. That'd be wonderful. My two favorite games of all time: FFXII and Twilight Princess, I need these remakes. :P

Though I certainly would not complain with a sequel. ^_^

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

Uncharted trilogy, only because I did not/do not own a PS3.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkLink77

@charizard1605 said:

Metal Gear saga.

We already got that, though. But I guess MGS4 never did release a HD version...

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 funsohng

@Zassimick: Are you telling me you want a remaster of a remaster of Kingdom Hearts?

You might as well as donate your entire life savings to SE and see them burn it by porting FF8 PC version to PS4.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DarkLink77

@funsohng said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Zassimick said:

I'd be down with a sequel to TP, but I'd love to see that game in HD. Would be so beautiful.

Also, I want a third installment in the Hero of Time saga. I don't think that story should end with Majora's Mask.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By funsohng

@DarkLink77 said:

@funsohng said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Zassimick said:

I'd be down with a sequel to TP, but I'd love to see that game in HD. Would be so beautiful.

Also, I want a third installment in the Hero of Time saga. I don't think that story should end with Majora's Mask.

Indeed. THAT is what I want. A sequel set in the timeline of Older Link in OoT as opposed to MM. A missing link to TP, maybe give a glimpse of how Twilight realm came to be.

As for TP, it's on Wii and Wii U can play it fine, so I have no real problem with it.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zassimick  Moderator
@funsohng said:

@Zassimick: Are you telling me you want a remaster of a remaster of Kingdom Hearts?

You might as well as donate your entire life savings to SE and see them burn it by porting FF8 PC version to PS4.

It's more like... if they release a KH collection for PS4 I won't be upset and would then just purchase that since I didn't get the 2.5 Remix yet.

And I could easily see that FFVIII port happening after FFVII. I won't be buying that though.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 funsohng

@Zassimick said:
@funsohng said:

It's more like... if they release a KH collection for PS4 I won't be upset and would then just purchase that since I didn't get the 2.5 Remix yet.

And I could easily see that FFVIII port happening after FFVII. I won't be buying that though.

A remaster of a remaster. Wouldn't that be the day.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Something that I no longer have access to buy anywhere else.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01

@silversix_ said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@silversix_ said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

its not a demanding game, you don't need a gaming rig for this. but if you want to spend $60 and play em on your x1, guess that's what you want.

Sure is.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35  Edited By digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Star Wars X-Wing and/or Tie Fighter. Yep Star Wars fan here :)

They should remaster really older games (Classics), not games made only a few years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Pretty much nothing. I'd get alan Wake if they do end up doing that since it's 540p on 360 and it would be great to have all the dlc on a disc since it's an episodic game.

Although, I would double dip on Witcher 2 if it was on Xbox one. Mixing the PC version's details with the 360 versions colors / more natural lighting / post processing would be glorious.

Never understood why they didn't update the PC version of the enhanced edition, maybe they were stretched too thin.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

I would love to see an Uncharted Collection, but that's already pretty likely. Red Dead Redemption would be awesome. If Rockstar put the same effort into a Red Dead remaster as they did GTAV, it would be amazing.

A Dead Space Collection and BioShock could also be good.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

I dont want to see Bioshock Remaster, Mass Effect Remaster...

I want to see something that deserves to be "remastered" ...

...I would really like Heavenly Sword and MAG.

lmao

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Even though I already own Mass Effect on the 360 and PC I would still buy it again in a heartbeat if there was a remastered version. I also would like a Gears of War collection like the Master Chief Collection.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remaster!!!!
  • Final Fantasy XII Remaster

Both has to be done like right now!

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I would like the prime Trilogy remastered on Wii U. Gears of War would be cool too.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Uncharted trilogy ...

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Slashkice said:

Final Fantasy XII HD - What Zass said

This.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

Red Dead Redemption.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Amped Freestyle Snowboarding and Amped 2.

Or could someone just create a cool snowboarding game again, please. Nothing like SSX where you are breakdancing in the sky on your board, realistic snowboarding game, but better than Shaun White Snowboarding

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

How about just making the PS Store, Xbox Live Market Place, and the Eshop function like Steam?

That way the Hardware will change for the Big 3 but YOU KEEP YOUR FREAKIN' GAMES.

People will upgrade their PS4s to PS5s and STILL be able to play their games that they downloaded from the previous gen.........

WAIT

Nintendo actually did JUST THAT

holy crap.

seriously though, Game Companies need to get their act together.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

This is one I'd love to have a total remake like Halo2 or better yet, a this gen sequel. :D

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#48 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Mass Effect trilogy with all DLC.