Games People Need To Give Up On.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bogey_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bogey_j
Member since 2013 • 60 Posts

shenmue 3: I love shenmue as much as the next guy but shenmue 3 is NEVER COMING OUT. get the **** over it and move on already. the series died with the dreamcast

last guardian: vaporware. it'll never see the light of day, mark my words. sony should just admit its cancelled already

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Ok

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

The Last Guardian is coming out within the next 2 years. Bet on it.

People should give up on anything coming out from Rare that's a good game. All of the talent left awhile ago and they've been relegated to avatar and kinect games for 5 years now. If M$ wanted to revive those IPs, they'll need to hire a 3rd party dev to do it.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

People should give up on anything coming out from Rare that's a good game. All of the talent left awhile ago and they've been relegated to avatar and kinect games for 5 years now. If M$ wanted to revive those IPs, they'll need to hire a 3rd party dev to do it.

Exactly. Most of the last great Rare staff left in 2007-2009 with the final remnants leaving the past year. Hardly any of the great Rare developers are left there now (maybe a few).

If Banjo Threeie or Perfect Dark Core are ever going to get made (probably never), I don't want RARE to make it.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

it will not, stop dreaming. Whatever is coming out with "The Last Guardian" Title is not the game you think will come out.. that's the only thing we can bet on if it does even release something with that title.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

Did you say this back in 2009? Because people were pretty sure back then too.

I want the game to come out, and I know it will, but let's be serious here. It's either going to surprise everyone and come out later this year, or will be on hold till 2016 or later. They had to restart the entire project after Ueda left Team ICO.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@bogey_j: Never say never.

NSNA poster (UK quad)

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By senses_fail_06

@Joedgabe said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

it will not, stop dreaming. Whatever is coming out with "The Last Guardian" Title is not the game you think will come out.. that's the only thing we can bet on if it does even release something with that title.

Please explain. Within the last 4 months Sony has reconfirmed that the game is still in development. Ueda has said that the "creative part" of the game is finished. Rumor has it that the game was switched to PS4 development, and it's a believable one. ICO was also a late switch from PS1 to PS2 years ago. I'm not sure whether or not Ueda will ever do a PlayStation game again, but TLG will come out.

http://kotaku.com/sony-corrects-themselves-says-the-last-guardian-is-not-512720979

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Project Offset

Sure the game has been killed which is exactly why people need to give up on it, but damnit did it look good! :'(

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By senses_fail_06

@foxhound_fox said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

Did you say this back in 2009? Because people were pretty sure back then too.

I want the game to come out, and I know it will, but let's be serious here. It's either going to surprise everyone and come out later this year, or will be on hold till 2016 or later. They had to restart the entire project after Ueda left Team ICO.

If they weren't willing to cancel the project after 3 years of mismanagement and having to get rid of Ueda (who still actively worked on the project from what I understand) then they'd look absolutely ignorant if they let the project go for an additional 4 years without constant updates from the studio.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Slashkice said:
@senses_fail_06 said:

It's going to be magnificent on the PS4.

I'LL NEVER STOP BELIEVING

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 senses_fail_06

@Slashkice said:
@senses_fail_06 said:

It's going to be magnificent on the PS4.

I'LL NEVER STOP BELIEVING

If I was a betting man, I'd certainly take the probability that the game is show in some capacity by TGS of this year (I think it will be their showstopper at E3 though). Your patience will be rewarded, I'm sure of it.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

@Joedgabe said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

Please explain. Within the last 4 months Sony has reconfirmed that the game is still in development. Ueda has said that the "creative part" of the game is finished. Rumor has it that the game was switched to PS4 development, and it's a believable one. ICO was also a late switch from PS1 to PS2 years ago. I'm not sure whether or not Ueda will ever do a PlayStation game again, but TLG will come out.

http://kotaku.com/sony-corrects-themselves-says-the-last-guardian-is-not-512720979

but possibly not like it was shown, which is what i'm getting at. I believe that's probably why they haven't shown any game development of the actual game because god knows what the actual game will be. Might even be a third person rock shooter.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Half Life 3

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@bogey_j said:

shenmue 3: I love shenmue as much as the next guy but shenmue 3 is NEVER COMING OUT. get the **** over it and move on already. the series died with the dreamcast

last guardian: vaporware. it'll never see the light of day, mark my words. sony should just admit its cancelled already

I refuse, Team Ico is too talented a studio for it to just fade away.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

The Last Guardian will be a PS6 launch title.

I cannot reveal my sources.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

@bogey_j: cool story bruh

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@bogey_j said:

Go get your diaper changed junior and stop crying.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

@Joedgabe said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

but possibly not like it was shown, which is what i'm getting at. I believe that's probably why they haven't shown any game development of the actual game because god knows what the actual game will be. Might even be a third person rock shooter.

They never showed much (if any) actual gameplay. So how can it be "different" from nothing?

I think once they reaffirmed it for PS4, that the vaporware talk went 98% out the window. It sort of made sense for them to move it to the new generation (especially if somehow their vision was being limited by the old generation of consoles). Now if we go past ANOTHER Tokyo Game Show with nothing, I'll start getting worried again. As of now it's still in a reasonable time frame of games being developed for PS4 (since not much has been revealed for late 2014 or 2015). If we start getting all the 2015 announcements, and no sign of TLG - then something is obviously very dysfunctional with that team considering the PS3 game was essentially an aborted game - but you'd think there would at least be a foundation for the PS4 game to not take more than 24 months.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Man, I've given up on Blizzard. Such a shame. They were hands down the best game developers back in the day when they released Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 back-to-back. Their games these days belong on Nintendo consoles with their kiddy graphics and cringe inducing story lines...

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Where's Warcraft 3 Blizzard?

Where's KOTOR 3 Bioware?

Where's Halflife 3 Valve?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Zassimick said:

Project Offset

Sure the game has been killed which is exactly why people need to give up on it, but damnit did it look good! :'(

GD it I wanted that game to come out

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@blackace said:

Where's Warcraft 3 Blizzard?

Where's KOTOR 3 Bioware?

Where's Halflife 3 Valve?

You mean Warcraft 4

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I'll never give up on TLG!... even though it will probably suck if it ever does come out.

As for giving up on a series I gave up on FF and damn it feels good. The cycle of hope and disappointment got too brutal for me.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@senses_fail_06: so its ok to have faith in the last guardian, but for rare to have any new talent and make a fun game in the future, its not? Ok, well I'm not going suck either console maker's Dick. I hope last guardian comes out, but have given up, and still am open to having fun ANYWHERE, including on Kinect.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Killzone, Last Guardian, Resistance, Sly, Ratchet & Clank, Gran Turismo.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Need for Speed Underground 3.

It ain't happening folks. The days where it was cool to pimp out your ride and race for pink slips are long gone.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I do think TLG will happen. I may not even care for the the game but it'll happen for sure (on PS4). I just don't see the entire project being scrapped after 7 years work. Apparently we can give up on Shangheist :( More Wipeout probably won't happen. Nor will a sequel to Freedom Fighters.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By senses_fail_06

@cainetao11 said:

@senses_fail_06: so its ok to have faith in the last guardian, but for rare to have any new talent and make a fun game in the future, its not? Ok, well I'm not going suck either console maker's Dick. I hope last guardian comes out, but have given up, and still am open to having fun ANYWHERE, including on Kinect.

Well you're always free to disagree with me.

Let me start by saying that TLG is happening. Confirmed by Ueda and Sony themselves just months ago.

I'm not sure why you would have any faith in Rare to be perfectly honest. The last retail game they developed was in 2011 and the last non-Kinect game they made was in 2008. They've been known to be working on Avatar and assuredly other UI things for MS. They have another Kinect game in development as we speak and nothing beyond that has been announced. Not to mention, one of their most beloved IPs was just rebooted and given to a 3rd party studio to develop. Microsoft owns the IP, owns Rare, and yet decided to ship one of their biggest launch titles to a (fairly unknown) 3rd party dev. Doesn't that strike you as troubling?

Could Rare have new talent come in? Well sure, but obviously that's not what I was talking about. In its current state, I have no confidence to revive their old IPs and MS' decision to ship Killer Instinct off to a 3rd party was probably a smart idea. I see people on these boards pleading, specifically for a "Rare developed" Banjo 3 or a "Rare developed" Conker game. It's a ridiculous notion in my opinion.

As to the quality of Kinect games, well, I really have no interest in arguing that. If you like Kinect games, then good on you.

I'm personally not sure how I'm "sucking someone's dick" by suggesting that a game, which has been confirmed in development, is more likely to come out (any mention of quality notwithstanding) than getting a good Rare game. I know you're a lem, and that's fine, but really, give up the Rare love. They're not even trusted with their old games at this point, and they have announced nothing in the future. No reason to continue trusting or wanting them to do something that they almost assuredly can't.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

The Last Guardian,...just give it up already, sheesh. When was the last time new gameplay footage was shown? They can't get whatever game they were trying to make to work and those developers need to make an amazing game or else no one is going to give them the time of day for another game. Even if they say its coming 2015 no one is gonna care until we have actual demos of the game running for the masses.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Any chance of a new Metroid or F-Zero (not so sure on Star Fox though since 64 3D did decent in North America).

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#34 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I was really hoping for another Budokai game, but that's not going to happen

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#35  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Half Life 3

@nintendoboy16 said:

Any chance of a new Metroid or F-Zero (not so sure on Star Fox though since 64 3D did decent in North America).

Somehow I knew you would post this. Metroid is a tentpole franchise. A new one is coming. Bank on it.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

No they literally said it did not do well. In fact, that whole game was said multiple times to be the game to determine Star Fox's next game. Now it's been awhile since that came out. It may be possible they will go back on their word and bring another starfox in.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#37 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Well you're always free to disagree with me.

Let me start by saying that TLG is happening. Confirmed by Ueda and Sony themselves just months ago.

I'm not sure why you would have any faith in Rare to be perfectly honest. The last retail game they developed was in 2011 and the last non-Kinect game they made was in 2008. They've been known to be working on Avatar and assuredly other UI things for MS. They have another Kinect game in development as we speak and nothing beyond that has been announced. Not to mention, one of their most beloved IPs was just rebooted and given to a 3rd party studio to develop. Microsoft owns the IP, owns Rare, and yet decided to ship one of their biggest launch titles to a (fairly unknown) 3rd party dev. Doesn't that strike you as troubling?

Could Rare have new talent come in? Well sure, but obviously that's not what I was talking about. In its current state, I have no confidence to revive their old IPs and MS' decision to ship Killer Instinct off to a 3rd party was probably a smart idea. I see people on these boards pleading, specifically for a "Rare developed" Banjo 3 or a "Rare developed" Conker game. It's a ridiculous notion in my opinion.

As to the quality of Kinect games, well, I really have no interest in arguing that. If you like Kinect games, then good on you.

I'm personally not sure how I'm "sucking someone's dick" by suggesting that a game, which has been confirmed in development, is more likely to come out (any mention of quality notwithstanding) than getting a good Rare game. I know you're a lem, and that's fine, but really, give up the Rare love. They're not even trusted with their old games at this point, and they have announced nothing in the future. No reason to continue trusting or wanting them to do something that they almost assuredly can't.

Why thank you for that freedom. I have and look forward to having fun with Kinect games with my nephew. I don't need every game experience I have to be the hardcore, graphically stunning, artistic, industry changing in order to just have some laughs with loved ones. Since I have had fun with them, I think its fair for me to have faith that I will again. Just as much faith as I guess you have in the Last Guardian. I am honored that you called me a lem though. I purchase and play most of the systems I can, and strictly game on my PS3 and Vita right now. I understand Sony said TLG is coming out, but they also said I would have 4D and 120 FPS games on my PS3 and well, you know.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

The Last Guardian.

It's dead guys. Give it up.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@bogey_j said:

And how exactly does it effect you personally? Why would you personally care if someone is hopeful to get a game? Or do you simply want to sound like a cynical ass just for the sake of feeling savvy and insightful by trying to bash someones hope of a game they really want to play?

You should really consider yourself lucky, because if is the kind of problems you worry about enough to post online then you have no real problems.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

There are alot of Japanese games that im concerned about.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

@senses_fail_06: I do agree that Rare's IP probably need to be sanctioned off to studios more capable of handling a non-Kinect title. That being said, there's a chance there's enough talent at Rare to put out a Banjo game (Conker's not going to happen. Pretty much everyone's said so) -- I mean Retro went from Metroid to Donkey Kong Country, and while we have no idea how the game will turn out, the people who did Joe Danger are making No Man's Sky. There's plenty of other examples I'm too busy to look up to add to this.

It's only in the last generation that companies became specified to a certain game type. Before that, there were countless studios that made shooters, platformers, etc from the same people, so studios that are relegated to a certain genre is a rather new development.

Case in point, the people who now run Rare may very well be capable of working with some of their old IP; we'd have to see them stretch their creative legs (and have MS allow them to) before we can say for sure. But with no track record, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't trusted to take Rare's older games; Killer Instinct's non-Rare developer shows MS probably doesn't trust them to handle it.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17422 Posts

Kotor 3 unfortunately.

I wanted this game so badly last gen.

After all the crap with Lucas Arts, its tough to imagine a scenario where the game would actually get funded.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Anything with the number 3 from Valve.