Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Revan_911
Member since 2007 • 1709 Posts

Repository with info, and other useful links :

http://gamergate.giz.moe/about/

Official GamerGate website

http://gamergate.me/

Ok , V 1.0 was a mess and i approached it as having a bit of fun since I didn't take these stuff very seriously. Joining in a bit on the tweeter discussions really opened my eyes about what we're up against. Some I'm gonna update op regularly with happenings and developments. Gonna post the newest updates on top.

Thunderfoot takes on GamerGate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXZY6D2hFdo

A message from Anonymous to GamerGate :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37PDk9ipEM

Interview Censored from the Escapist:

https://archive.today/1fQo2

https://archive.today/e7aCp

What male developers think of GamerGate

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/12383-Game-Developer-GamerGate-Interviews-Shed-Light-on-Women-in-Games

Total Biscuit officially supports GamertGate

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/519177354753880065

Video about DiGRA, how it started, how it lost it's way. link

Techcrunch article, one of the best articles on this yet - http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/25/gamergate-an-issue-with-2-sides/

To read EA directors thoughts : part1part 2

Someone inside congress edited a wikipedia article about #GamerGate's Cultural Marxism :link

We can today reveal the complete list of journalists, some 150 key industry figures, on the list. Outlets with representation span the entire video games journalism universe and include Polygon, Ars Technica, Wired, Eurogamer, Destructoid, Kotaku, Joystiq, TechRadar, and many other well-known brands in games publishing.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/21/GameJournoPros-we-reveal-every-journalist-on-the-list

Total Biscuit weighs in : Link

Escapist gets DDoS to prevent GamerGate discussion : Link

VIDEO SUMMARY (with some details wrong but got the overall picture - ALSO WATCH THIS. Covers the DARPA / DIGRA / Social Engineering stuff) : Link

EXPOSED: THE SECRET MAILING LIST OF THE GAMING JOURNALISM ELITE : LInk

Some videos about the conspiracy : Link, Link

Recap of events

A journalist speaks for the gamers

Breach of privacy, ethics and mass censorship at reddit

Nepotism and corruption at IGF

Not your shield we are gamers

been-writing-at-gaming-sites-for-over-a-decade

Interview with TFYC (charity Zoe destroyed for no reason)

Hilarious heartwarming article that destroys the SJW menace

Interview with Mafia / Mafia 2 / Kingdom come lead dev on GamerGate

SJW on the future of gaming and counterargument :youtube

New guidelines not only for Escapist but for the entire media group behind it

Publisher note the state of gaming

I'm gonna put the opposing view too, so I don't look so biased

Time article

How can you help gamers ?

Spread awareness of the issue and fight the media mis-interpretation of the side.Contact your favorite developers and tell then why this is lunacy and they should support us. Get on #GamerGate #NotYourShield show your support.

A lot of discussion on the escapist forums , 4chan /v/. Reddit and Neogaf are heavily censored and moderated

How can you help anti - gamers?

Do the same as Gamers I guess only on the oposite side. Tell everyone how mysogonystic the industry is

http://www.theblockbot.com/

My take on this?

Whoever is pushing this SJW wave on video games stands for censorship, hate culture, racketeering. They have ways of brainwashing people on social media and in real life. They have infiltrated almost every gaming community and they were almost able to silence us all if 4chan didn't exist.The Escapist is now safe for discussion too. Once the IGF corruption was incovered they came up with a tweeter block app to block themselves from 1500 people on the GamersGate side. Think about that. When I said something about this loudly on twitter I got four automatic follows in a row by spam page followers. I guess they were twitter bots keeping tabs on people.

They willingly censor themselves to any opposing thought, and block people who can redpill them on twitter. They contribute to a longer and longer block list. They use this.

http://www.theblockbot.com/

Some of them really think that this is an attack on all women in gaming even tough women in gaming have existed since the beginning. They will block any other thought and opinion on the matter. They think we want to keep zoe out of gaming because she will bring changes, but only thing she did was a power point presentation equivalent game. I doubt she has any skills or talent.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Kotaku shouldn't be considered a "journalism" site.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Summary?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

"The death of the “gamers” and the women who “killed” them"

wut?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@lostrib said:

Summary?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Revan_911

@lostrib said:

Summary?

Not 100% sure myself I saw these links on another forum. I think it has to do with the Zoe Quinn scandal and what escalated from it. Gamers attacked Zoe, the journalists she slept with, and journalism in general for not reporting the major scandal, even though the facts were there and Zoe sort of admitted the fact on Twitter.

Now gaming journalists are making it all how the "gamers" are dirty sexist misogynists rotten to the core and need to die. It was never about sexism or misogyny it was about journalistic integrity and lack of accountability, and they want to kill us. Several identical articles are popping all over the place which leads me to believe that this attack on gamers was organized.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@santoron said:

@lostrib said:

Summary?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I like your avatar. The little sprite dancing. I don't know what it's off. An indie game?

U Sirus? FinalFantasy 1, lol.

On topic: Feminism killed gaming. >_>

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

WTF did I just enter?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lawlessx: I'm going to guess something Anita sarkeesian related

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

If some of the ppl in the industry wouldn't manipulate the system....if I understand the Anna and Quinn stories correctly for example....then ppl wouldn't do the things they do.

And to be clear about that article about "the women who killed gaming" or whatever.....they act like women are the only ones that get insulted or attacked over the internet.

Fish is just a plain old asshole/dumbass and he gets attacked like that.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

People trying to change something that doesn't want to be changed and are now resorting to sulking etc. Thing is though, many of this sites that used to feature all the latest and greatest in the world of video game news are now reporting on issues like misogyny etc and people are getting tired of it. They are making a mountain out of a molehill and gamers are sick to death of being labeled as the "bad guy". There was an video where some women claiming to be "gamer and blogger" said that teabagging in games like Halo should be considered rape.

My real fear is that the term "rape" has lost all meaning thanks to these idiots. Men and women who have been raped will soon be unable to speak out about what happened for fear of society's backlash.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Revan_911

I will not in any case take collective responsibility for this and put the blame on millions of people who call themselves gamers. This is just another nut on the internet who can say anything anonymously, this does not prove that all gamers are sexist and need to die.

I stopped caring for Anita after the evidence that exposed her as a fraud. I'm really amazed how people still pay attention to her.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

This is a clear attempt to try to silence the issue by force, since it's not going down by just getting old.

Edit: why don't people just put the police or someone with jurisdiction to investigate who's behind that twitter account?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

@Gue1: You should get rid of that picture. You'll probably get moderated for it.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Revan_911

Boogie tells it as it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVEDRh9UaxA

These "progressive indie SJW clickbait" sites are fucking done. Youtube and Twitch are taking over gaming media.

Gamespot went that way but I think lately they've improved.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts

I very much dislike the latest fictitious p.c. trends that gaming "journalists" have imposed against our hobby and I couldn't possibly be more disappointed that instead of choosing to focus on the good and decent indifference gamers have in our products, arguably more so than any other medium, journalists instead claim we simply hate women, minorities and everything In between and that gaming is a macho bad industry. Completely inaccurate and highly irresponsible.

Of course then we go and threaten lives and bodily harm which puts us on the same level as a community fighting for social justice while burning and robbing the neighborhood to the ground.

People never EVER seem to get it right anymore.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Ow look...Game industry drama.

Don't give a fck, and LOL at gamers are dying.

The only thing that's dying is traditional gaming sites.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

To think a burger joint was the catalyst for this entire thing

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Newspaper:
The world is ending. Banana's more expensive than yesterday.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I feel like the whole internet comminuty (not just gaming) did get a sudden wave of negativity and threats and cursing. Everywhere mainstream.

And I did notice that before COD and LOL the ingame cultures were very different. Online communities used to be more peaceful and helpful. Maybe they were just more shy or self conscious... If someone hints to having played LoL or COD in an online game it's best to immediately mute/kick the person. I'm sure that you have experienced this as well.

What do COD and LOL have in common? Not that much and that is why I find that fascinating. They are both portrayed as THE competitive games for soon-to-be-pro gamers and having good stats determines how much respect you get in those communities. Which is not a whole lot of respect anyway because the standards are very high. If you don't participate in a world tournament then you are worthless and if you have to go to the toilet you should figuratively die?

I think the problem at large is a change of culture. The newer people feel that stats and other physical traits determine your worth as a person. Not who you are, but how you appear on the internet. My little sister for instance (and her school) values people based on how tall they are. If you are not very tall then you won't be taken serious and nobody would want to go out with you. It's a weird phenomenon. Maybe growing up with social media, their self worth is being determined by likes and their wacky internet tribe, not by anything that has to make sense. So I told them as an experiment that taller people die faster. And they were just silent, but it didn't register at all. There was no logic to refute. Taller was better not because that was true, but because that was popular. Nothing else seems to matter?

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Yeah ok. Watch those sites going downhill considering their majority of readers are surprise surprise gamers .

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Revan_911

@KungfuKitten

Man I don't understand where you're going with this. Competetive E-Sports games have been big for as long as I was growing up, they predate me so I don't even know where it stared. I remember Quake 3 had a competition scene, StarCraft, Dota 1,CS was huge.

If COD and LOL have much in common it's underaged people playing them.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@lostrib said:

Summary?

Websites whose integrity is in question decide to pretend like gamers are only hating on Zoey Quinn and feminists for having opinions while trying to delete any/all voices of dissent in the comment sections of said websites.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Revan_911 said:

Now gaming journalists are making it all how the "gamers" are dirty sexist misogynists rotten to the core and need to die. It was never about sexism or misogyny it was about journalistic integrity and lack of accountability, and they want to kill us. Several identical articles are popping all over the place which leads me to believe that this attack on gamers was organized.

Glad that Tom or Caro is not working on GS anymore.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#30 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I was reading that Gamsutra Article about "Gamers are over" and the article generalizes the majority of Gamer Folk are Basement Dwelling Neck Beards. Like REALLY?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I don't see the problem other than using a vague term that is usually only used to defend a person's ego. I don't really care if the forum community dies off--I think the articles are talking about video game forum culture more than anything else--because there's nothing inherently valuable in arguing over financial reports that hide information, pixel and polygon counts, shallow arguments over what product is better, groupthink, and repetitively shouting the same words/opinion into the void of anonymity. The majority of forum critique is superficial with no real knowledge of how the development process works and no real knowledge gained from the discussion--I'm not excluding myself in this critique; I'm part of the complex, mostly out of habit at this point.

So if it's the death of gamers, then I'm okay with it. If an article wants to tell me a demographic that was pandered to in the past is gone, then I'm okay with it. It doesn't affect me. I'm still going to enjoy what I enjoy.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

All I know is Kotaku is a joke.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

This whole industry is filled with whiny man babies more worried with labeling things and being offended than having fun with games. "Gamers" and games journalists are equally horrible.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Haha gaming journalism is there to cater for us, not visa versa. This sensationalist bullshit will stop when people stop fuelling the fire. This girl seems pretty awful I cant believe quite so many guys made a fuss over her. Damn neckbeards.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Revan_911

So you all know what we're up against and what has been happening to video games for the last 5 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afgtd8ZsXzI

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18249 Posts

Lol, yeah right.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

I feel like the whole internet comminuty (not just gaming) did get a sudden wave of negativity and threats and cursing. Everywhere mainstream.

And I did notice that before COD and LOL the ingame cultures were very different. Online communities used to be more peaceful and helpful. Maybe they were just more shy or self conscious... If someone hints to having played LoL or COD in an online game it's best to immediately mute/kick the person. I'm sure that you have experienced this as well.

What do COD and LOL have in common? Not that much and that is why I find that fascinating. They are both portrayed as THE competitive games for soon-to-be-pro gamers and having good stats determines how much respect you get in those communities. Which is not a whole lot of respect anyway because the standards are very high. If you don't participate in a world tournament then you are worthless and if you have to go to the toilet you should figuratively die?

I think the problem at large is a change of culture. The newer people feel that stats and other physical traits determine your worth as a person. Not who you are, but how you appear on the internet. My little sister for instance (and her school) values people based on how tall they are. If you are not very tall then you won't be taken serious and nobody would want to go out with you. It's a weird phenomenon. Maybe growing up with social media, their self worth is being determined by likes and their wacky internet tribe, not by anything that has to make sense. So I told them as an experiment that taller people die faster. And they were just silent, but it didn't register at all. There was no logic to refute. Taller was better not because that was true, but because that was popular. Nothing else seems to matter?

I believe people outside of the gaming community has thought that gaming is more secluded now than it has ever been.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

whatever is going to be sensational and get people to read it, that's business... so no, it's not dying, even if people go to game sites just to find stuff to rip on them for it's still going to generate hits

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I don't think this is SW material and I don't care about these stupid "gaming journalists" opinions on anything other than actual damn games.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts
Loading Video...

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Funny how gaming journalists start rolling out these articles right after they got BTFO over the Quinn scandal

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Just need to learn to ignore these idiots so call gaming journalists & feminist idiots that bring down gamers & gaming in general. They want this attention & traffic...if you ignore them & don't click on their site..they will become irrelevant. Threatening & abusing them just give them more power. :P

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

lol internet drama

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Revan_911

@superbuuman said:

Just need to learn to ignore these idiots so call gaming journalists & feminist idiots that bring down gamers & gaming in general. They want this attention & traffic...if you ignore them & don't click on their site..they will become irrelevant. Threatening & abusing them just give them more power. :P

Man you're right, but people do pay attention. Everything from Anita holding lectures and speeches at Dice, Divinity Developers forced to change their art, Depression Quest getting awards and praise over games like Papers Please because Zoe slept with the judge...

We can't just ignore them, they aren't planning to go away. We need to expose them, they are hypocrites, bullies, frauds, journalists with no ethics or standards with their clickbait articles, acting superior to everyone, calling gamers and developers misogynists . Look at what this scumbags did to David Jaffe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-kJuTbWGKQ

That's when they lose their power and we can get back to gaming.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@Revan_911: If they are clickbait articles, then why are people paying attention to them?

Also keep in mind this little incident is isolated to the misandrists of the feminist movement and the few journalists that are upset at people for being so angry, look anywhere in gaming outside of this little indie gaming circle and you will notice there's people who don't even know who Zoe Quinn or anita sarkeesian are

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

lol at gaming journalism.

That is all.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Revan_911

@roler42

Because they're taking the bait? Feminism , social justice, homophobia are so topical right now, easy way to get clicks and thousands of comments.

And it's not an Isolated incident. As I said, people are still talking about Anita. She won an award as the "ambassador of gaming".Saints Row developer just said they're listening to her. Fucking Joss Whedon retweeted her.

A person who admited she doesn't like video games a while before her videos popped up,who doesn't allow ratings or discussion on her videos, who refuses to disclose where she spent that 160 thousand dollars she got, (not even the game footage was hers), makes manipulative out of context videos (dragging women around in Hitman for example), and now she's asking for more money and donations after she got "driven out of her home" by a tweet, something that all journalists reported, but she never reported it to the police. (see the above video that was posted)

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@Revan_911: But tell me, do the Saints Row devs, Tim Schafter and Joss Whedon represent the entire developer community?

Let's admit one thing, there are still some bad gender issues in gaming, and I agree with you, Anita is the worst possible person to raise these issues and giving the worst possible examples, but do you really think she has the power to affect the entire industry as a whole?

Do you think a few opinionated click-baiting-angry opinion pieces are going to destroy the gaming community as a whole?

We have survived worse, we survived the blame for the school shootings int he 90's, we survived jack thompson, we survived countless ideas to force laws against videogames, Anita, Zoe, angry journalists can raise all the money and get all the angry opinions that they want, in the end they will come and go, just like the rest, they are a loud minority

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Revan_911

Great words man. Hopefully we will someday look at this entire thing like we're looking at Jack Thompson shenanigans.

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Revan_911

We're done for :(

SITUATION UPDATE: IMMEDIATE THREAT

I'm back from the meet with Zoe's friend and there's some insanity coming. What I'm about to tell you sounds so farfetched....here goes. Zoe Quinn is going forward staging a fake attack on herself tomorrow. All through the night she will be contacting media and journalists telling them how a 'group of white male gamers' assaulted her.

A youtuber gamer name will be dropped as will two or more twitter posters that she will 'overhear being spoken about' during her attack. My source tells me these people were picked because they're transparent in their real names and as gamers in their profiles.

Now for the unbelievable part. Zoe will return to Pax monday with fx bruises and damage, taking the stage with Anita Sarkeesian along with journalists from gaming sites like Kotaku and Gamasutra, but also news sites like the Washington Post and SJW/feminists they've flown in that are well known.

Together they will denounce the term 'gamer' because it refers to a violent, misogynistic, white male demographic and replace the term with one of that only Anita and Zoe know of and have personally created. The term will have a dual feminine meaning but have an extra letter at the end that distinguishes it. Zoe will speak about the horrors of her attack by the hands of 'gamers' so the term will be vilified by the world press much like if you called someone a sexual predator.

I can't even begin to fathom something like this happening but if true will destroy gaming for the male population forever. I'll report back with any new information.