GameInformer: Ryse Is As Fun As Dialing Phone Numbers

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Gue1 (8076 posts) -

Poor lems, GI say the game sucks.

What you guys gonna do now that you don't have a single launch game of the quality of Killzone? How much longer till Titanfall come to save the Xbone....

It’s so basic and predictable, I began testing to see if I could get past most combat situations with one hand. With my left hand completely off the controller, I was able to slice and dice through tons of enemies simply by inputting the same sequence ad nauseum. On a couple of occasions, the game would shift to sequences that involved me defending an area with crossbow stations or ordering my men to block arrows with their shields. These were somehow even less exciting than the tedious swordplay.

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (36387 posts) -

Oh damn. What a disappointment. Pretty much everyone was preparing the next boundary of hack and slash to be broken by Crytek.

#3 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (4947 posts) -

I deduce that MS wasnt ready to launch that's why forza 5 is like GT:HD, ryse was an actual 360 kinect game, D3 runs at 12F FPS and they're 95% 720P games.

What a shit console

#4 Posted by Chutebox (35676 posts) -

Haha, did NOT see this coming!

#5 Edited by Heil68 (40416 posts) -

With my left hand completely off the controller, I was able to slice and dice through tons of enemies simply by inputting the same sequence ad nauseum.

#6 Posted by Animal-Mother (24999 posts) -

Ouch shame. Lots of people hyping this game.

#7 Edited by blackace (18425 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

What you guys gonna do now that you don't have a single launch game of the quality of Killzone? How much longer till Titanfall come to save the Xbone....

It’s so basic and predictable, I began testing to see if I could get past most combat situations with one hand. With my left hand completely off the controller, I was able to slice and dice through tons of enemies simply by inputting the same sequence ad nauseum. On a couple of occasions, the game would shift to sequences that involved me defending an area with crossbow stations or ordering my men to block arrows with their shields. These were somehow even less exciting than the tedious swordplay.

Where's the link? I'd like to read the whole article.

***********************************************************************************

I deduce that MS wasnt ready to launch that's why forza 5 is like GT:HD, ryse was an actual 360 kinect game, D3 runs at 12F FPS and they're 95% 720P games.

What a shit console

Dream on troll. lol!!

#8 Posted by PannicAtack (20626 posts) -

Someone already made a thread on this.

#9 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Well it was originally an on rails kinect 360 game. What did you expect, the X1s answer to sonys God of War and nintendos bayonetta 2?

This looked like a pile of crap the moment the gameplay kicked in during e3. Plus it's crytek, they haven't made a good game in forever.

#10 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4947 posts) -

Dream on troll? @blackace lol Idiots like you are the reason MS doesn't fix their issues.

These are REAL problems with the console just like PS3 had problems. But in your book, MS can't do any wrong

#11 Edited by mems_1224 (44739 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

Dead Rising 3

#12 Posted by clyde46 (41980 posts) -

3rd console curse AM confirmed.

#13 Edited by Caseytappy (2094 posts) -

That's bad, awesome setting and even good graphics going to waste !

Slowly but surely that good Xbone launch games list is going to shittereens and that was probably the only ownage the Lemmings could enjoy next generation .

#14 Posted by Suppaman100 (2819 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

With my left hand completely off the controller, I was able to slice and dice through tons of enemies simply by inputting the same sequence ad nauseum.

Even this controller is too complicated for the gameplay of Ryse.

Ryse...LMFAO

#15 Edited by Kingpin0114 (2488 posts) -

This will be the Xbone Lair.

#16 Posted by tormentos (15254 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Is really scary and apply to any console maker where ever you win a generation or not,Nintendo,sony and now MS,which i dare should have been taking advantage of the moderate success of the 360.

#17 Posted by heretrix (36976 posts) -

I never understood that.

#18 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4115 posts) -

I really don't see why anyone still wants this console. The only reason I can think of is, their gamerscore is their life and they don't want to lose it.

#19 Posted by heretrix (36976 posts) -

I was here during that entire fiasco. It doesn't get much worse than that. I don't think this will be so bad that it will actually kill the dev studio.

#20 Posted by KungfuKitten (20408 posts) -

Sounds like a MS exclusive.

#21 Posted by Zophar87 (4323 posts) -

Guess Game Informer didn't get their check from MS.

#22 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2488 posts) -

@heretrix: I was going off of how much hype the Lems have put into this game. Really have a feeling that Ryse is going to be a massive flop. I didn't know the studio died after Lair flopped though.

#23 Edited by mems_1224 (44739 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

here come the conspiracy theories. lol

#24 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

lol Lemmings seriously can't catch a break

#25 Posted by paraskhos_basic (1237 posts) -

Wow what a waste.

#26 Posted by blackace (18425 posts) -

Dream on troll? @blackace lol Idiots like you are the reason MS doesn't fix their issues.

These are REAL problems with the console just like PS3 had problems. But in your book, MS can't do any wrong

Never said that dummy. There are some problems with both systems. In your opinion the PS4 can do no wrong. lol!! It's idiots like you who just bash everything XB1 without even playing or using the console. lol!! There are problems with the PS4 as well. With overheating and late patches to unlock features that should be readily available out of the box. So give it a rest little boy.

#27 Posted by billing (604 posts) -

Sounds alot likr God of War

#28 Posted by Netherscourge (16271 posts) -

Oh, what a shock.

Nice looking game with boring gameplay input.

Everyone's only been saying that since E3.

#29 Edited by blackace (18425 posts) -

Knack will be PS4 lair.

This GI guy was playing the demo of the game, not the final retail version. I'd like to read a view more previews on the game. Gamers are bashing Knack the same way. lol!!

#30 Posted by Zophar87 (4323 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

#31 Edited by Animal-Mother (24999 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I never understood that.

Neither did I, Neither did I....

#32 Posted by BigBoss255 (3537 posts) -

And to think the Xboners have accused us of being jealous of this trash.

#33 Posted by ramonnl (769 posts) -

Ryse: Son of Rome preview: pretty, boring

http://www.shacknews.com/article/81910/ryse-son-of-rome-preview-pretty-boring

#34 Posted by Willy105 (24440 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

The fact that Game Informer is a catalogue for Gamestop is not a secret.

#35 Edited by mems_1224 (44739 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Zophar87 said:

The fact that Game Informer is a catalogue for Gamestop is not a secret.

And what does that have to do with the writer not liking Ryse? Why would he criticize Ryse if his job was to sell more games?

#36 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2488 posts) -

@blackace: you wanna bet which game scores lower? I'm serious

#37 Edited by kuu2 (6374 posts) -

Hopefully there will be a good game for The One at launch otherwise it will be a long winter.

GameInformer is a good reviewing mag as well so its not like they don't know what a good game is.

#38 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

So many threads downplaying all of the new Xbox One footage. Launch line-up looks great. Kind of wish I pre-ordered one now.

#39 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4947 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Never said that dummy. There are some problems with both systems. In your opinion the PS4 can do no wrong. lol!! It's idiots like you who just bash everything XB1 without even playing or using the console. lol!! There are problems with the PS4 as well. With overheating and late patches to unlock features that should be readily available out of the box. So give it a rest little boy.

PS4 has done no wrong, Xbox fails EVERYDAY.

Overheating? False. Late patches to unlock features? Oh you mean how you want a patch to make Xbone run CoD at 1080p? LMAO.

Deny it?

#40 Posted by Netherscourge (16271 posts) -

Forza 5 looks good. So XB1 has got at least 1 good game at launch...if you like racing.

If not, then, I don't know what to tell you.

#41 Posted by Chozofication (2488 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

No, MS's failure has been accumulating since the OG Xbox.

#42 Posted by YD_11 (1522 posts) -

Still wait and see for myself. Though that isn't reassuring.

#43 Posted by Slashkice (12839 posts) -

These impressions don't surprise me at all. The game always looked poor.

#44 Posted by kuu2 (6374 posts) -

@danabo said:

So many threads downplaying all of the new Xbox One footage. Launch line-up looks great. Kind of wish I pre-ordered one now.

The footage for Ryse is great best looking game that will be out this year. It won't make a hill of beans for me if the game is broken and boring. I don't like racers so Forza is out, KI is a fighter that will have shallow replay value like all fighters, BF4 is the only game I will likely be spending a lot of time with if Ryse doesn't play well.

#45 Edited by pete420630 (98 posts) -

thats only one guys opinion im getting it for sure everybody is caught up on resolution i dont get it. i want both consoles to succed if you want high res build a pc!!!!

#47 Posted by BigBoss255 (3537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@danabo said:

The footage for Ryse is great best looking game that will be out this year. It won't make a hill of beans for me if the game is broken and boring. I don't like racers so Forza is out, KI is a fighter that will have shallow replay value like all fighters, BF4 is the only game I will likely be spending a lot of time with if Ryse doesn't play well.

Get a PS4. At least you can play Battlefield in 900p and with a better frame rate. Buying a Bone for this shovelware game is plain stupid. Forza I could understand.

#48 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

@BigBoss255 said:

@kuu2 said:

@danabo said:

Get a PS4. At least you can play Battlefield in 900p and with a better frame rate. Buying a Bone for this shovelware game is plain stupid. Forza I could understand.

KI, DR3, Forza and Ryse look good to me. I have no interest in console* shooters.

#49 Edited by lundy86_4 (41612 posts) -

Shame, IGN seem to like it.

I'm gonna wait to see it myself.

#50 Edited by silversix_ (12538 posts) -

hahahah

@Zophar87 said:

IGN got a massive one tho. Nothing changes from gen to gen