Game of the 7th Gen

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Fallout: New Vegas

#52 Edited by Lucianu (9287 posts) -

Thinking of just one game is impossible.

PC - tie between Crysis and Mount & Blade: Warband. The legendary graphical king that still puts all console games to shame 6 years later, and Warband which is practically infinite in content with a fantastic multiplayer (cRPG) to boot and and the best melee combat there is.

Wii - tie between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles. On one hand you've got the best 3D platformer ever concieved. On the other hand you've easily got the best JRPG of this generation.

Multiplatform - Street Fighter IV series. Sparked a huge boost in popularity for fighting games this generation, not to mention producing one of the best fighting games ever made.

#53 Edited by CTR360 (6851 posts) -

GTA V and last of us

#54 Posted by trollop_scat (2615 posts) -

We won't know what the best game of the 7th gen was until Wii U's life cycle ends. None of us have a working crystal ball...

#55 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

#56 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

No contest.

#57 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Stalker, Crysis, Metro, Deus Ex, Team Fortress 2, HL2 EP2

Still its

Get out of here Stalker

#58 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

No contest.

I thought u are going to choose JRPG. im shocked that u choose TF2..

#59 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the game of the generation for me. The Call Of Duty games have changed gaming forever, and for the better too. Modern Warfare 3 is the best one IMO, and that's why its my game of the gen. I've spent more hours on that game that any other, and for me the online mode is the pinnacle of gaming, and while many imitators will try and copy it, nothing beats the real thing!

#60 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

#

End of discussion.

nice choice

#61 Posted by kraken2109 (12948 posts) -

Well the games I enjoyed the most this gen are:

#62 Posted by InfinityDream (2 posts) -

Mass Effect

Skyrim

Borderlands

Uncharted 2

Fallout 3

#63 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Trail_Mix said:

No contest.

I thought u are going to choose JRPG. im shocked that u choose TF2..

I wish I could.

I didn't really play too many JRPGs this gen sadly. Lack of money, and my local rental store not carrying any, being the reason.

#64 Posted by CommandoAgent (726 posts) -

In order.

1.Deus Ex:Human Revoultion

2.Mass Effect

3. WoW

4.GTA Iv

#65 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

Gta V

Far Cry 3

Tomb Raider

Metro Last Light

#66 Posted by AdobeArtist (22737 posts) -

We won't know what the best game of the 7th gen was until Wii U's life cycle ends. None of us have a working crystal ball...

Wii U is 8th gen. Get over it.

#67 Edited by biggest_loser (23980 posts) -

#68 Posted by TheEroica (13011 posts) -

@AdobeArtist: Haha... Thanks :) truth be told, I saw your n7 and though, "let these boards be flooded with mass effect godliness".

I really like your ideas on the future of ME. I especially share the sentiment about a new story being birthed from the end of me3... Perhaps introducing this new character to us through a mission at the end of the reaper invasion and carrying on from there... A massive f. U. From Bioware as they begin a new story from the ashes of the much maligned ending of the first trilogy. I'd love to see it . I also like the idea of possibly being support to a Garrus or liars as I don't want to totally bid Farewell to these amazing characters... I will be ok with it however if it means a new focused and fresh story in that amazing universe of possibility... All that said...

I want the initial scope of exploration brought back. I want to roll around in the mako crushing thresher mass and clearing outposts, no because it was soooo good, but because it gave the milky way an expansive feel that the other games lacked. I miss that despite me2 and me3 being superbin most every way.

#69 Posted by Badosh (12725 posts) -
#70 Edited by TheEroica (13011 posts) -

@Badosh: I lol'd as an avid RE5 supporter I can safely say the RE6 was a turd of epic proportions. It let me down so heavily...

#71 Edited by stuff238 (610 posts) -

This one:

Man, batman needs to stop snorting so much cocaine. He looks so pale now and he can't stop his nose from bleeding. God the guys a billionaire and he just swims in a pool of coke all the time and stays up all night fighting bad guys. No wonder he feels like garbage all the time and is psychopath.

#72 Edited by barrybarryk (436 posts) -

For me either Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Valkyria Chronicles (How this series didn't get re-released as a trilogy collection on PS3 is beyond me)

#73 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1295 posts) -

#74 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8574 posts) -

Batman Arkham City was one of those games that tried to incorporate a bunch of different gameplay mechanics and it is the only game of this kind that actually succeeded at producing outstanding quality in every single one of these many aspects it set out to do... The sheer amount of quality and quantity in Arkham City is quite simply unmatched.

#75 Edited by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my favorite.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Mass Effect trilogy, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Halo 3 and a few others are up there as well.

#76 Edited by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Trolling much?

#77 Edited by foxhound_fox (86840 posts) -

It's been Mirror's Edge since November 11th, 2008. I've liked many games since, but none have surpassed the divine parkour simulator in terms of sheer love, addiction and just awesomeness.

#78 Posted by AdobeArtist (22737 posts) -

@AdobeArtist: Haha... Thanks :) truth be told, I saw your n7 and though, "let these boards be flooded with mass effect godliness".

I really like your ideas on the future of ME. I especially share the sentiment about a new story being birthed from the end of me3... Perhaps introducing this new character to us through a mission at the end of the reaper invasion and carrying on from there... A massive f. U. From Bioware as they begin a new story from the ashes of the much maligned ending of the first trilogy. I'd love to see it . I also like the idea of possibly being support to a Garrus or liars as I don't want to totally bid Farewell to these amazing characters... I will be ok with it however if it means a new focused and fresh story in that amazing universe of possibility... All that said...

I want the initial scope of exploration brought back. I want to roll around in the mako crushing thresher mass and clearing outposts, no because it was soooo good, but because it gave the milky way an expansive feel that the other games lacked. I miss that despite me2 and me3 being superbin most every way.

I really won't miss the Mako sections. Yeah on paper it sounds cool to roam the vast expanses of alien terrain. Until you see how bland and barren these landscapes are (with a lot of cookie cutter repetition among multiple planets) that made driving from the landing spot to the investigation destination tedium ad nausea. But what really made the driving such a chore was the impossibly uneven topography coupled with the floaty and bouncy physics of the vehicle.

The most typical scenario being that the game drops you at point A, you check the map to see where you need to go, you set a marker for point B to give you that navigation cursor on the HUD, traverse that barren space, which involves lots of bumpy bouncing to get to that point B, aaaaaaand of course, the base is set at the top of a mountain with really steep inclines all around. So you can either waste time driving around the base of the mountain looking for that obscure path that winds its way up, oooor you try to crawl up the sheer inclines, attempting to defy gravity and normal weight displacement of a 7 tonne vehicle to make it to the top so you can finally investigate the mercenary base, or what ever it is.

Yeahhhhhhh, so. Much. Fun. >:( >:(

#79 Posted by -Snooze- (7304 posts) -

Mass Effect or Gears of War for me.

#80 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12777 posts) -

TLOU.

#81 Edited by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -

whatever Treasure does next gen I will get it. same goes for CAVE and Vanillaware.

#82 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11374 posts) -

Still The Last of Us.

#83 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6611 posts) -

It goes without saying. Metal Gear Solid 4.

#84 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6144 posts) -

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the game of the generation for me. The Call Of Duty games have changed gaming forever, and for the better too. Modern Warfare 3 is the best one IMO, and that's why its my game of the gen. I've spent more hours on that game that any other, and for me the online mode is the pinnacle of gaming, and while many imitators will try and copy it, nothing beats the real thing!

You're funny.

#85 Posted by jg4xchamp (46609 posts) -

Demon's Souls

#86 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6178 posts) -

Well, if I am to look past my own tastes as to the games which had the biggest impact, it would either be COD 4 or FO3 (or Oblivion). These would likely be the most lauded games of this gen.

That be despite the fact that I really disliked CoD 4 (still acknowlate it as a good game, just not my kind.

#87 Posted by TheEroica (13011 posts) -

@AdobeArtist: lol that may be the most detailed description of the mako experience I've ever red... :P so true, yet why should they just stop the idea of open planetary exploration... It wasn't the mako itself that I miss, it was the fact that mass effect one stands out from the pack for me because I felt like It exposed the universe the most... I don't like that they've abandoned the idea (hammerhead wasn't the mako imo , it was something different) they could design a mako that works.. Better physics, better care for the terrain and the uniqueness of different world's... I feel like we all know the mako had flaws but the idea of what the mako could be from 2007 to 2015 when mass effect comes out again could be a vastly improved realization of the open universe scope of the original game...

#88 Posted by bbkkristian (14731 posts) -

Xenoblade Chronicles, GOAT.

#89 Edited by sukraj (21604 posts) -

Still The Last of Us.

no love for far cry 3 or gta v

#90 Posted by _Matt_ (8746 posts) -

For me:

#91 Edited by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2 or Arkham City.