Game Debate GOTY: Witcher 3; Life is Strange 2nd.

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts

http://www.game-debate.com/awards/2015

Voted by gamers, not by critics or staff.

The Witcher 3 wins big, Life Is Strange a strong second.......Fallout 4 and MGS V do poorly in GOTY voting.

Paradox best publisher, CDPR best developer.

Pillars of Eternity barely upset TW3 for best RPG, despite TW3 massive GOTY win.

Life is Strange crushes Tales From the Borderlands for best adventure game, wins best new original game as well.

FIFA 16 beats PES 16, despite what critics say, licensing matters.

Battlefront somehow won best shooter, but the category was weak this year.

Mass Effect Andromeda most anticipated.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Nice!! Witcher 3 deserves it

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I've voted for TW3 in every GOTY voting that has come up. It deservers it.

FattyMacFatCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By FattyMacFatCat
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

lolz Best early access? This a genre now? glad to see DayZ isn't on there or in survival category.

Wisha 3 deserves all it's getting

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Didn't you already make a thread about these shit no name awards?

Avatar image for cinematicgalore
CinematicGalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CinematicGalore
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

lol, where's Demon Soul's 1.5 cows? lol

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

witcher 3 good game yes

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:

halo 5 not even nominated LOL

and these awards are more pc focused

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

I've never even heard of this site, why should I care?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mems_1224

@Vaasman: because it agrees with texasderprush's opinions!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

tw3 needs to win everything in 2015, this is the game with the most effort put into it.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 texasgoldrush

@cinematicgalore said:

to be fair, its a pc gamer oriented site.

@Vaasman said:

but 6 million voters now have, so you have been under a rock.

@mems_1224 said:

@Vaasman: because it agrees with texasderprush's opinions!

But it shows I am right...once again, no one gives a shit about MGSV being GOTY.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vaasman
@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

Sorry but I vehemently refuse to believe that's a real number of actual people. Just looking at the rest of the site's user activity I can tell it's probably hasn't even had 6 million unique users across it's lifespan.

Seriously, most of their reviews get 5-10 comments. Articles get maybe 15-20. "Likes" barely even register, sometimes it isn't even 10 per article. The comments themselves get, at the highest, maybe a couple hundred votes from others. Their forum doesn't even have 15k posts across the site's entire life. And now I'm supposed to believe it's getting not just traffic, but actual user contribution, in the millions? Come the **** on.

What exactly is the site deciding is 'activity' is the real question, because there's no fucking way in hell it's individual people. My guess is they're tracking per vote or vote+page view, or hit across the entire site for the entire length of the voting process. That or it's just a bunch of bots and padding.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 texasgoldrush

@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:

Sorry but I vehemently refuse to believe that's a real number of actual people. Just looking at the rest of the site's user activity I can tell it's probably hasn't even had 6 million unique users across it's lifespan.

Seriously, most of their reviews get 5-10 comments. Articles get maybe 15-20. "Likes" barely even register, sometimes it isn't even 10 per article. The comments themselves get, at the highest, maybe a couple hundred votes from others. Their forum doesn't even have 15k posts across the site's entire life. And now I'm supposed to believe it's getting not just traffic, but actual user contribution, in the millions? Come the **** on.

What exactly is the site deciding is 'activity' is the real question, because there's no fucking way in hell it's individual people. My guess is they're tracking per vote or vote+page view, or hit across the entire site for the entire length of the voting process. That or it's just a bunch of bots and padding.

And you don't believe that while normally people do not visit the site, a GOTY hook would get them over to vote?

Second, they did not let me vote again or count repeat votes. Areas where I voted were checked.

Third, the results are very similar to what went on in the gamer polled Golden Joysticks....The Witcher 3 dominated, Life Is Strange did very well, MGSV did not do so well.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224

@texasgoldrush: what's your point exactly? People like the witcher 3, that's not news.guess what? People like mgsv too. Just because mgsv didn't get goty votes on a shit site no one has ever heard of doesn't make it a bad game. There were a lot of great games this year.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 texasgoldrush

@mems_1224 said:

@texasgoldrush: what's your point exactly? People like the witcher 3, that's not news.guess what? People like mgsv too. Just because mgsv didn't get goty votes on a shit site no one has ever heard of doesn't make it a bad game. There were a lot of great games this year.

But it doesn't make it a 10/10 GOTY.

There are clear reasons why its not winning. The game has some major flaws and controversies and really it divided the Metal Gear fanbase. It doesn't deserve to win.

More people like TW3 better than MGSV.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mems_1224

@texasgoldrush: witcher 3 shouldn't be a 10/10 either by your logic. Why aren't you butthurt about that? The GS review is just one dudes opinion. Witcher 3 had major flaws as well. Hell, there were save corrupting bugs and they had to completely redo the movement and inventorylogic among other things. You can't bitch about one games flaws while being ignorant of the game you like more. Just because everyone gives the witcher a pass for all it's flaws doesn't make you right about anything.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By texasgoldrush

@mems_1224 said:

@texasgoldrush: witcher 3 shouldn't be a 10/10 either by your logic. Why aren't you butthurt about that? The GS review is just one dudes opinion. Witcher 3 had major flaws as well. Hell, there were save corrupting bugs and they had to completely redo the movement and inventorylogic among other things. You can't bitch about one games flaws while being ignorant of the game you like more. Just because everyone gives the witcher a pass for all it's flaws doesn't make you right about anything.

I don't give it a 10/10....but its flaws are no where near in the league of MGSV's where the game had severe game structure problems and looked to be unfinished on release. Second, CDPR was very good at fixing the problems and rebalancing their game, which Konami may not be able to do the same with MGSV. Third, The Witcher 3 is the sum of its parts, MGSV is not.

The Witcher 3 didn't divide the fans, MGSV did......and it got beaten again by Life Is Strange, which had a killer attach rate.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224

@texasgoldrush: witcher 3 was basically unfinished as well. Not only that but they cut content and redistributed it as "free" dlc to earn brownie points. What are the sum of witchers parts? Because from a game play standpoint MGSV obliterates Witcher 3.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By texasgoldrush

@mems_1224 said:

@texasgoldrush: witcher 3 was basically unfinished as well. Not only that but they cut content and redistributed it as "free" dlc to earn brownie points. What are the sum of witchers parts? Because from a game play standpoint MGSV obliterates Witcher 3.

So basically, armor packs, a couple non essential side quests, and alternate costumes for the women are equal level to a third of the game being rehashed with scenes cut? Get real.

Shooting and sneaking maybe, but there is more to gameplay than just combat. Combat only makes a third of The Witcher 3's gameplay. And game structure is part of gameplay and MGSV's is a mess. The mission design and open world design is subpar. And the bosses are no where near what the series was famous for.

Gagomkd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22  Edited By Gagomkd
Member since 2009 • 287 Posts

Witcher 3 wins GOTY.

Paradox wins best publisher.

Mass Effect Andromeda is the most anticipated game.

Everything is as it should be.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224

@texasgoldrush: the mission design in witcher isn't much better. The monster contracts get super old and repetitive. Sure, the writing is better much most of the missions boil down to "follow these tracks then kill some shit". The combat is subpar, so is character progression. I've never played an RPG where leveling up was so boring. Not to mention that if you don't do missions in a specific order you over level and don't get xp. That would be bad enough but you could be 20 hours into the game and then find a low level quest you missed and have no reason to do it. Thats not good game design.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By texasgoldrush

@mems_1224 said:

@texasgoldrush: the mission design in witcher isn't much better. The monster contracts get super old and repetitive. Sure, the writing is better much most of the missions boil down to "follow these tracks then kill some shit". The combat is subpar, so is character progression. I've never played an RPG where leveling up was so boring. Not to mention that if you don't do missions in a specific order you over level and don't get xp. That would be bad enough but you could be 20 hours into the game and then find a low level quest you missed and have no reason to do it. Thats not good game design.

The monster contracts are varied, with some having unpredictable conclusions. Not so with MGSV's side ops which are banal UbiShit style missions.

The combat is well done, and harder difficulties rely on you to prepare for the fight. You are overselling your argument. Same with character progression, you just don't like it. I play the green tree and it allows me so many options to give Geralt abilities through potions and decoctions.

Some quests, outleveling them is a problem, but its simply not a major problem. Not as major as you are making it out to be.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

Lol not even a contest. The Witcher 3 hands down best game of 2015!

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vaasman

@texasgoldrush said:

And you don't believe that while normally people do not visit the site, a GOTY hook would get them over to vote?

Second, they did not let me vote again or count repeat votes. Areas where I voted were checked.

Third, the results are very similar to what went on in the gamer polled Golden Joysticks....The Witcher 3 dominated, Life Is Strange did very well, MGSV did not do so well.

Believe what you want but this website is a sham, and this award is equally as worthless. You're only picking this shit up because they'll agree with the annoying opinions you can't shut up about.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

@texasgoldrush Yo, did Kojima sleep with your girlfriend or something? You seem to have an obsessive hatred for MGSV.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Hmm no Bloodborne? Oh well, it's my game if the year and its gameplay clowns the games that got the top spots.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

All I know is that I even during the tutorial combat sequence for TW3...I had fun.

Had to stop right after getting to the tavern and can't really dive into right now.

If it keeps going like this it might take over MGSV or Rocket League for my GOTY.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Believe what you want but this website is a sham, and this award is equally as worthless. You're only picking this shit up because they'll agree with the annoying opinions you can't shut up about.

or how about you just don't like the results so you attack the website's credibility? Oh how about that there was a similar voting pattern here as there was in the Golden Joysticks Awards, which are well known?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 texasgoldrush

@drinkerofjuice said:

@texasgoldrush Yo, did Kojima sleep with your girlfriend or something? You seem to have an obsessive hatred for MGSV.

Because its a very stupid game that represents everything wrong with the game industry....rushed out unfinished games, microtranscations, repetitive UbiShit style mission design, and stupid storytelling.

@Pikminmaniac said:

Hmm no Bloodborne? Oh well, it's my game if the year and its gameplay clowns the games that got the top spots.

It is a PC gamer oriented site, so console exclusives do less well.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Bloodborne and MGSV were better games than The Witcher 3.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Bloodborne

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vaasman

@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:

or how about you just don't like the results so you attack the website's credibility? Oh how about that there was a similar voting pattern here as there was in the Golden Joysticks Awards, which are well known?

I literally said nothing about what I think of the results themselves, get your head out of your ass please. I don't care one way or the other about the results, I care that you're over-inflating the importance of the results of suspiciously high user entered votes on a ghost website that isn't this website, simply because you're desperate to validate your inflammatory rhetoric.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 texasgoldrush

@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:

I literally said nothing about what I think of the results themselves, get your head out of your ass please. I don't care one way or the other about the results, I care that you're over-inflating the importance of the results of suspiciously high user entered votes on a ghost website that isn't this website, simply because you're desperate to validate your inflammatory rhetoric.

So what makes it a ghost website? It is you that is talking out of your ass. It is you that wants so badly to disregard this so you can bash me.

Game Debate is a PC oriented gaming site with emphasis on hardware, its not a fucking ghost site. It may not have the traffic of Gamespot or IGN, but its a legit game site.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mems_1224

@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:

So what makes it a ghost website? It is you that is talking out of your ass. It is you that wants so badly to disregard this so you can bash me.

Game Debate is a PC oriented gaming site with emphasis on hardware, its not a fucking ghost site. It may not have the traffic of Gamespot or IGN, but its a legit game site.

So why should we take the opinions of a website that ignores 3/4 of the industry seriously before the year is even over. seems like they're inflating their numbers

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 texasgoldrush

@mems_1224 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:

So why should we take the opinions of a website that ignores 3/4 of the industry seriously before the year is even over. seems like they're inflating their numbers

How is that opinions of a website? What if many of their numbers aren't users of the website that came in to vote because of a GOTY contest? That seems to be the likely scenario to me.

They did have a best console award as well so they aren't ignoring consoles. And GTA V won their 2013 poll despite not having a PC release at that time.

The fact is that its inconvenient to you, so you want to ignore it.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

Witcher 3 deserves to win in every category its in but losing the best RPG of the year and best expansion WHAT!! witcher 3 was by far the best RPG of the year and the expansion has a better story and characters than 90% of full retailed games I mean old blood is great but Hearts of stone shits over it in terms of quality. But hey it still won a lot of awards which is good but man it needed all of em damn it.

FattyMacFatCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FattyMacFatCat
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

game-debate GOTY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some nobody GameSpot poster Vaasman "opinion"

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vaasman

@fattymacfatcat said:

game-debate GOTY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> some nobody GameSpot poster Vaasman "opinion"

Too afraid to say so on your main I take it?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mems_1224

@texasgoldrush said:
@mems_1224 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:

How is that opinions of a website? What if many of their numbers aren't users of the website that came in to vote because of a GOTY contest? That seems to be the likely scenario to me.

They did have a best console award as well so they aren't ignoring consoles. And GTA V won their 2013 poll despite not having a PC release at that time.

again, they're ignoring 3/4 of the market for the most part. when you have battlefront and hardline both in your best shooters category then its not a credible source. gta and battlefront are both top 2 in best multiplayer when games like halo 5 and spaltoon exist. this site, its awards and users are a fucking joke and not credible at all. get over yourself. just because you got your opinions from the dummies there doesn't mean anything to anyone.

need for speed won best racer. rise of the tomb raider is the most anticipated game for 2016 and its already fucking out. the steam controller and witcher 3 are best innovators, what exactly did they innovate? nvidia shield beat wii u in the best console category. man, this is just a shit show. im lmao reading this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Now is a good time to get The Witcher 3 1/2 off, but somethings tells me I'm gonna find it overrated garbage like The Witcher 2.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

lol online polls, aka popularity contests.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mems_1224

@lamprey263 said:

Now is a good time to get The Witcher 3 1/2 off, but somethings tells me I'm gonna find it overrated garbage like The Witcher 2.

it is a lot better than witcher 2. i thought witcher 2 was super boring.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 texasgoldrush

@mems_1224 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@mems_1224 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Vaasman said:

again, they're ignoring 3/4 of the market for the most part. when you have battlefront and hardline both in your best shooters category then its not a credible source. gta and battlefront are both top 2 in best multiplayer when games like halo 5 and spaltoon exist. this site, its awards and users are a fucking joke and not credible at all. get over yourself. just because you got your opinions from the dummies there doesn't mean anything to anyone.

need for speed won best racer. rise of the tomb raider is the most anticipated game for 2016 and its already fucking out. the steam controller and witcher 3 are best innovators, what exactly did they innovate? nvidia shield beat wii u in the best console category. man, this is just a shit show. im lmao reading this.

What did Witcher 3 innovate? It tells you on the site.....side quests with the same quality as the main game. GTA V won best multiplayer at Golden Joysticks, and has millions of players. its no slouch.

They don't ignore 3/4's of the industry.....GTA V once again, won in 2013 without a PC release.

Mass Effect Andromeda won most anticipated game, actually. The Rise of the Tomb Raider is for the PC version as is GTA V for 2015 GOTY.

Wii U is a failure, its not going to get votes.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mems_1224

@texasgoldrush: again, why should we care about what a biased community thinks about games?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 texasgoldrush

@mems_1224 said:

@texasgoldrush: again, why should we care about what a biased community thinks about games?

even if there was less PC bias...would that stop The Witcher 3 from getting the most votes? Or Life is Strange from doing well?

No, it would not.

The top two games are multiplatform games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mems_1224

@texasgoldrush: so you admit it's bias. Great. Why should we care what they think?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Dafuq is Life is Strange?

The Witcher 3 is well deserving tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6