Future seems dark for both WiiU and PS VITA.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Not enough new good games coming out for both WiiU or PS VITA. Only ports are being well done / improved upon ( Batman, Ninja Gaiden 3 ETC) from other systems as PS 3 or Xbox 360. Don't even notice any craze about WiiU as it was for Wii way back then. I seriously doubt how WiiU will attract gamers when PS 4 or Xbox 720 releases.

Is it me or future seems not promising for both WiiU and PSVITA ( serious lack of good games ) or in future many good games will release eventually ?

What are your thoughts on this matter regarding both consoles fellow warriors?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Didn't you hear?

Earthbound is coming to WiiU!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Didn't you hear?

LegatoSkyheart
Never heard of it. Why should that matter to me and my Wiiu?
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Didn't you hear?

LegatoSkyheart
Time to party!
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Didn't you hear?

Heil68

It's a JRPG classic
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Nintendo has 3DS, Sony has PS4. The two best systems of next gen, they'll be fine.
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts
it does indeed. even more so for the Wii U.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Didn't you hear?

bbkkristian

It's a JRPG classic

What's it going to look like on a HDTV? Will it be letterboxed? A straight port from the SNES?
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Wii-U has Bayonetta 2 and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem for me to look forward too but it could use some more. I just got in 7 Vita games in from Japan today and there's Dragons Crown, Killzone Mercenary & Tearaway coming this year so I'm good there.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Actually they have announced a lot of awesome things for Vita.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Never heard of it. Why should that matter to me and my Wiiu?

It's a JRPG classic

What's it going to look like on a HDTV? Will it be letterboxed? A straight port from the SNES?

Hmmm. Probably standard SD, like on the SNES. I'm not too sure though. But I do know that you can play it off screen with the Wii u Gampad
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Never heard of it. Why should that matter to me and my Wiiu? Heil68
It's a JRPG classic

I don't know if they updated the graphics but it has off-TV play and Miiverse added to it; It is also like 3DS VC titles where you can save your progress anywhere and when you start the game it automatically opens up to where you were left off.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nintendo has 3DS, Sony has PS4. The two best systems of next gen, they'll be fine.

Handhelds don't compare to home consoles.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nintendo has 3DS, Sony has PS4. The two best systems of next gen, they'll be fine.

Handhelds don't compare to home consoles.

Games compare to games.
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

wiiu is doing good. as soon as mario 3d , new zelda and metriod get released plus mario kart wiiu will be great also bayonetta 2 is an exclusive.

also once the muramasa gets released on psvita alsng with soul sacrifice, this will keep me busy for at least 5 months

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

What's it going to look like on a HDTV? Will it be letterboxed? A straight port from the SNES? Heil68

I imagine it'll be like this.

(letterboxed)

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I have a Wii U and agree it's in a lot of trouble, but if Sony developers wisely decide to let Vita owners play their PS4 games remotely, I could see the Vita recovering. I doubt they will have ubiquitous remote play, though... it would be great, but I think the devs would want to be paid for the feature.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts
I have a Wii U and agree it's in a lot of troubledonalbane
I really think people are panicking over nothing. Come E3 people will be uptaking en masse. Whether it's handhelds or consoles, all have struggled from the beginning for the past couple of years.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"]I have a Wii U and agree it's in a lot of troubleDarthJohnova
I really think people are panicking over nothing. Come E3 people will be uptaking en masse. Whether it's handhelds or consoles, all have struggled from the beginning for the past couple of years.

I've owned practically every major platform at or around it's launch for the past 15 years, and I can say with great authority that the Wii U is having horribly launch issues that compare disfavorably to every console I've owned since the Dreamcast. So it's not just growing pains... there's a deeper problem haunting Nintendo currently.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts
[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"][QUOTE="donalbane"]I have a Wii U and agree it's in a lot of troubledonalbane

I've owned practically every major platform at or around it's launch for the past 15 years, and I can say with great authority that the Wii U is having horribly launch issues that compare disfavorably to every console I've owned since the Dreamcast. So it's not just growing pains... there's a deeper problem haunting Nintendo currently.

I suppose you've got a more experienced insight then to be fair. In my opinion, I just think they showed too many games that weren't ready for launch, and still aren't ready. When those games come, the sales will come. Plus, I think they'll announce even more at E3.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Nintendo has 3DS, Sony has PS4. The two best systems of next gen, they'll be fine.charizard1605

This is what it's looking like to me as well. Just waiting to see if the NextBox will wow me.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="DarthJohnova"] I really think people are panicking over nothing. Come E3 people will be uptaking en masse. Whether it's handhelds or consoles, all have struggled from the beginning for the past couple of years.DarthJohnova

I suppose you've got a more experienced insight then to be fair. In my opinion, I just think they showed too many games that weren't ready for launch, and still aren't ready. When those games come, the sales will come. Plus, I think they'll announce even more at E3.

I think that they need a Zelda game STAT! If they focus on that, they will eke out a Gamecube sort of niche and survive I think.
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Stop talking shite, Vita has alot of good games coming.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts
at least the Vita has decent games and more decent games coming, things look hopeless for the Wii U price dropping the Wii U won't help it now, people are still gonna see there's not games for it, and they're not going to care much when it does get some games once the next PlayStation and Xbox are out, and to compare the Wii U to the GameCube seems ridiculous, that's giving the Wii U too much credit, if anything it's a Dreamcast the Vita could actually benefit from a price drop, much like the 3DS benefited, except I thought Sony had little to no profits on the Vita production versus sale, and considering Sony's financial situation looking pretty ugly they probably can't afford one without it effecting the PS4 in some way, I can see them maybe waiting to see how the PS4 does, if it gets their game division more revenue then I can see the Vita dropping significantly in price
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts

Vita is banking on indie developers to cross-design games for PS4 and mobile, which seems like a good idea.  Problem is whether or not that will translate into actual $$.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Wait until after E3 to announce the Wii U's demise.

We've got confirmed footage of Smash Bros being shown at E3, so that's going to be tough to beat. ;)